Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
We're halfway there! Only sixteen left to go.

Podima posted:

I read them, Paul!

It took me a while to notice there was a difference, but after that I made sure to pay attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Don't let this happen to your facility.

Episode 25: Don't Touch Me

Music: trailer

Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Don't Touch Me!

Don't Touch Me is a ZAYIN-level Abnormality, which takes on the form of a button. It has only one rule:

DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Very good, Paul! Should the Manager interact with it in any way, something unfortunate will occur. It's vital that it not be touched, under any circumstances.

As long as you can do that, it's absolutely safe!

Don't Touch Me does have ways of trying to fool a Manager into breaking its single rule, however.

On occasion, Don't Touch Me's containment cell will flash with some kind of effect. The type is random, and includes a number of effects not seen on any Abnormalities currently in our Codex.

But it's all a trick! Dooooon't touch it!

It can also temporarily change its form to that of another Abnormality within the facility, in order to trip up Managers who are playing while zoomed too far out to read its name.

But that's a trick too! Don't you touch it! That skull isn't your friend at all!

That concludes Don't Touch Me's abilities. So long as the Manager doesn't touch it, everything will be fine.

If this were any other show, we could actually leave things off here, huh? It seems like a good spot. But…

It's demonstration time!

Oh boy oh boy! I can't wait to watch what happens when the carnage unfolds!

There are two main types of Don't Touch Me penalties. The first is for when the Manager selects the bar to bring up its Abnormality information, like so.

Wowsers! Everything went all colorlicious up in here!

Oh, Paul-that's not colorlicious at all. Take a closer look.

Breaching battalions, Miss Hod! Every Abnormality in the entire facility's QC hit 0 at once!

That's right, Paul! This is the lesser of the two effects, but it's still very potent.

Lesser? What could be worse than this?

A pertinent question, Paul! And one that we'll answer as soon as the Manager selects the cell itself, like he's trying to perform a work with it. The facility quakes...

And just like that, every agent in the facility is instantly panicked or killed at random!

Yowsers! Now that's unrecoverable, even for our great Manager!

It sure is, Paul! It's imperative that the Manager avoid pressing Don't Touch Me at all costs.

You heard it here, Manager! Don't let this happen to me-er, you! Dooooooon't touch it!

Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Knowledge is just pain plus observation! Have a great day!

Music: Aspire

Good evening, future Managers. There are no graphics today as Don't Touch Me lacks a codex entry, and even attempts to pull up its information on the Deployment screen…

Well, see for yourself.

It is worth noting that one must provoke Don't Touch Me in this way at least once in order to see its proper icon and get its name instead of its serial number. I recommend doing so on the Deployment Screen-it costs the facility one computer with a newly-fried motherboard, but does not cause lasting harm to any agents or clerks.

As for its uses, it has three. The first, as an emergency escape button should our Retry menu ever be sealed off. Pressing it will instantly bring up our failsafe button and allow us to return to the start of the day. This use, admittedly, would take an Abnormality or situation which seals off that menu-I have seen no such thing as of yet.

The second use is more simple: It cannot meltdown. Any time which one would spawn upon it is a time in which we clear one for free. For obvious reasons, this is important-by the later days we are dealing with dozens of the damned things. As for the third…

It is more an opportunity cost than it is anything else. Don't Touch Me is harmless. It cannot cause problems-if it does, it is entirely the fault of the Manager. This means that it is preferable to any number of Abnormalities which are active detriments to the facility, like that magical girl or the damned chia pet. Oh… we'll get to that one.

Anyways, there is one other warning I feel the need to impart upon you. When handling Don't Touch Me, there is a strange reaction which occurs only when it has been provoked enough to overload our systems entirely. This reaction updates the state of our most recent dissolution and equipment details in order to reveal the name of the Abnormality, and provide us with its icon.

It also saves the exact status of the facility at the moment of failure.

A previous Manager did not know this, and provoked Don't Touch Me's reaction by clicking several times on its cell directly during a workday. When his systems finally were restored, he found that he'd had the Abnormality's information…

He also found that his four cycles' worth of powerful ALEPH and WAW equipment had vanished, as all his agents were now wearing the base suit. Angela, could you remind us what happened to that Manager?

In his frustration, he blamed the Abnormality-then hanged himself.

Mm. If handled unwisely, Don't Touch Me can wipe out an immense amount of work in an instant.

However, as I have said-it is entirely the fault of the Manager. At that point, you've pressed it numerous times… and you still have something you want to know about it?

Too much curiosity is a curse. You received precisely what you deserved.

So long as you keep all of this in mind, Don't Touch Me should serve as no trouble whatsoever to any Manager. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

Next time's featured Abnormality…

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 11, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

It worth noting that The Button has both story and management tips in game files. And well-defined codex entry.

Though, I must say, that that that entry is old: from the times when you got your management tips not by enkephalin microtransactions, but through pain and observation.

MiiNiPaa fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 5, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Always knew that Paul was a bit sus :allears:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That seems a remarkably simple abnormality, that is extraordinarily punishing.

How many more abnos are left?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

tithin posted:

How many more abnos are left?

Fifteen. I track it by going here and ctrl+F'ing for 'unknown,' there's a random extra usage later on the page, but it's easy enough to subtract it out. I expect there should be about... 10-12 more episodes? I have several multiple Abno ones planned for the future.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
Combine Don't Touch Me with their disguising as other Abnos with White night who switches their position after every day and you got yourself a real danger of clicking where you THINK something should be but isn't anymore, but something else was there and now everything is awful, or the thing you are looking for has switched places and you need to find it, and oh there it is! Except it wasn't. Requires a bit of carelessness, but if something stressful or time specific is going on it, you have done multiple retries in quick succession, it can happen rather easily.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Fixed Task list to be more appropriate:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Koboje posted:

Combine Don't Touch Me with their disguising as other Abnos with White night who switches their position after every day and you got yourself a real danger of clicking where you THINK something should be but isn't anymore, but something else was there and now everything is awful, or the thing you are looking for has switched places and you need to find it, and oh there it is! Except it wasn't. Requires a bit of carelessness, but if something stressful or time specific is going on it, you have done multiple retries in quick succession, it can happen rather easily.

I can confirm that this is an awful situation that caused a Day 1 reset in a playthrough I watched. Plague Doctor/WhiteNight's swap mechanic was annoying but doable for a while -- until Don't Touch Me got swapped and disguised itself as Plague Doctor where he used to be. I promptly decided that if I ever picked up this game, that these two would never share a facility.

TeeQueue posted:

And here's the other one I've been waiting for.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 5, 2021

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

The damage popped up on the character's head so it definitely hit. They actually survived due to Chesed's suppression bonus... Which Abel doesn't have...

Hence we talk about Trees. :ssh:
Unfortunately, it is too late for that. I have finished getting all of the footage for the thread.

I'm setting the game down for a while after this, if only because I'm out of things to actually do.

Still time for the LP curse to strike

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
It won't so long as you don't press the :f5:

Uh oh

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

:allears:
I do like that button, troll antics and all.
I'm sure when I end up getting it myself it'll cause no end of grief; but the odd extra reset here and there is a small price for one less meltdown to worry about.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

A jargogle posted:

Still time for the LP curse to strike

Over the course of this LP I've had:
-A keyboard try to die on me.
-Twice.
-Saw one of my save files decide to randomly corrupt, requiring a quick restoration to the most recent backup.
-Had my laptop attempt to peel apart at the seams.
-Had one mouse die on me.
-Had a laptop battery expand to the point of being a literal fire hazard and warping my keyboard.
-Had a recording corrupt in entirety.
-Deleted an entire day's footage before I used it.

It's not that the LP curse hasn't struck, it's just that the LP curse and :lobcorp: are the same in spirit-so I've got a ridiculous number of backup plans and redundancies tossed into my workflow.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Fourth use for the button: if you opt for the Shelter-based suppression of Gebura, having a “release all Abnormalities” button can save you a little time in theory, even if in practice it really isn’t that much of a help.

I suppose if you get the button early enough, you can use it to satisfy one of the intentional breach missions, but only if you can handle multiple simultaneous breaches at once.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

The screen-cracking with each touch and the following crashing are what makes the button great for me. Its great and I'm surprised there aren't more abnormalities that mess with the interace to this extent.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The next one is a fun abnormality and by fun I mean drat it to the fires of hell.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I remember choosing both Don't Touch Me and Express Train to Hell on the same day. I became a lot more paranoid about what I picked after that incident.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

TeeQueue posted:

Over the course of this LP I've had:
-A keyboard try to die on me.
-Twice.

Clearly this was preemptive vengeance for removing the spacebar during Hokma's suppression.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Unreleased? Abnormality 0: Don’t Touch Me

Although Don’t Touch Me lacks Codex entry in the game, it used to have it before. Here are Management Tips and Story from previous versions of the game:

Management Tips:

No one knows what will happen when this button is pressed.

No matter what happens in the Containment Unit, this button SHOULD NOT BE PRESSED.

Stop! Manager! Think of those poor employees. Don’t you have any pity for them?

Oh, please, no, don’t touch that button.

You've pressed it numerous times and you still have something you want to know about it?

Story:

A machine in the shape of a box with a tempting big red button. Old scribblings are written around it. They're mostly warnings, such as: "Don't push the button."
Many employees file their temptation to push the button as so strong it gives them insomnia. However, as the number of employees claiming they are suffering from this temptation is quite large, a solution to this problem is being worked on currently.
One of the most important aspects of defining an abnormality is "free will". This Abnormality is confirmed to possess a strong will to make anyone around it want to push it. Thus, it is categorized as an Abnormality.
When the button is pressed, things that shouldn't happen, happen. Some say an apocalypse will befall, others say rainbow-colored light will shine down and unicorns will descend from the sky, and others still say a bomb buried deep underneath the facility will detonate and reset everything. However, none of these rumors are confirmed.
Caution is advised as this Abnormality possesses the ability to evoke one's curiosity to press it. Sometimes, it changes its shape in a cunning attempt to be pressed by mistake.
<Excerpt from an Employee’s Testimony> "When I snapped back to reality, I was standing right in front of the containment room, just about to press that drat button. I would have, if not for the other employees dragging me out of that situation..." The employee is currently back on duty after going through various tests and being diagnosed as normal. Although, we did order the employee to go to counseling, as they still visibly expressed dissatisfaction for missing the opportunity to press the button.

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
A little late to the party, but I want to point out here that in some backgrounds, the matchstick icon for who Scorched Girl is targeting can be hard to see, especially quickly. Especially if their target is in the next room over, very close to the containment cell. Especially if that same room has a bunch of your best agents just chilling.

I'm not mad, I swear. I'm just filled with rage, that's all. This is actually where I stopped playing LobCorp, after Scorched Girl instagibbed all three of my day 1 agents.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Given that Abnormalities are manifestations of extremely specialized parts of the human psyche, arguably Scorched Girl is more a manifestation of some sort of explosive anger disorder in a child, and how difficult that makes it for people to interact with and properly nuture said child. That's the impression I got from the story, at least.

Well, that and the same recurring theme of sacrifices made for a greater good coming back to bite people.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Oh yeah, people could probably guess it already, but the screamed line in the Don't Touch Me video is "Nanjiji ma", which is Korean for, you guessed it, "don't touch me".

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
The only thing I could think of throughout the whole update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUnSuYYs18

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

X-394 is a big facility, full of mysterious creatures known as Abnormalities. Many of these Abnormalities can do very bad things if they're handled improperly, and it's vitally important that our agents know just what may happen if they're careless. What's a manager to do?

Episode 26: The Silent Orchestra

Music: trailer

Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about The Silent Orchestra!

The Silent Orchestra is an ALEPH-level Abnormality, and one of the trickiest Abnormalities any Manager can be faced with.

There's no messing around when this thing's involved! We're in the big leagues now!

While its Qliphoth Counter is 2, there are two ways to lower it. The first is a Bad work result. The second is the opposite-a Good work result.

Music can stem from positive or negative emotions, after all! It's important that the conductor feels nothing at all.

Here we've arranged to have an agent perform two Good works with it, in order to demonstrate what transpires when it breaches.

In order to prevent complications with another Abnormality, we'll also be clearing-

Hey, waitasec! There's Talow again! Why does he keep showing up?

...Ahahah… U-um…

Don't you worry about that, Paul! I'm certain that there's a good reason, and we're clearing them all out anyways!

Oh. Alright then, Miss Hod! I'm sure it's nothing sinister at all!

Anyways, when The Silent Orchestra breaches, it begins with a curtain call.

What a consummate showman!

All Abnormalities are incredibly committed to playing their part. This much is simply to be expected!

When the curtain opens, the Manager's attention is automatically moved to The Silent Orchestra's location in the main room of its department. While The Silent Orchestra is playing, the curtain remains on the Manager's screen. This has several effects.

First of all, it obstructs the Manager's view-he can't see where his Meltdown level is, or the corners of the screen!

It also has the added effect of stopping the manager from speeding up or slowing down time. Pausing is still okay, but The Silent Orchestra insists on having its music played at the right pace.

He must want to make sure there's no weird remixing, right Miss Hod?

As the breach continues, a single figure comes out of the ground.

Once she has emerged, the first movement begins. During both the beginning phase and the first movement, The Silent Orchestra is immune to all damage aside Pale. It attacks via a ring of notes which will surround it. This ring will deal White damage to anyone within the same room as the Abnormality.

Hey! There's a second person coming out of the ground too, Miss Hod!

Good eye, Paul! Once the second member of the chorus joins, then The Silent Orchestra's song moves on once more.

In the second movement another ring is added on top of the first, and the White damage will begin applying in nearby rooms and hallways. During this phase, The Silent Orchestra is vulnerable only to Black damage. All other attack types are ineffectual.

Those sure are some big rings!

It's worth noting that the rings determine how much damage a target takes from The Silent Orchestra's song. The further out your ring is, the less effective its attack is.

Music can't hurt you if you're too far away to hear it, after all!

Movement three occurs when the third choirgirl is added, and during this phase The Silent Orchestra's vulnerability changes to White damage. In this phase, the damage of the attack is intensified and another ring is added on. In addition-

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

Yes, Paul-a high-pitched beep occurs, as the Abnormality attempts to deal damage directly to the Manager themselves. This noise can make it very difficult to think, so please use caution and turn down your speaker volume before attempting to suppress The Silent Orchestra.

If not, you might hurt your hearing! It's really loud!

The final movement, movement four, occurs once the last choir member emerges. During this phase the attack will reach the entire department, and The Silent Orchestra becomes vulnerable to Red damage.

Oh-phew. The loud beeping noise stopped, Miss Hod!

That's not necessarily a good thing, Paul. Reaching this movement means that all of the energy we've gained towards the day's quota is removed.

Slippery enkephalin tanks, Miss Hod! That's a total reset!

It is indeed-but since the Meltdown Level doesn't reset this can mean a poorly timed Silent Orchestra breach can force our Manager into facing Dusk, or even Midnight Ordeals.

Jeepers! I'm sure glad I don't have to be on the lookout for things like that-I wouldn't want to face a powerful Ordeal.

This is the final chance the Manager has to suppress The Silent Orchestra, but there is one more part to its concert. A stage will rise from beneath the conductor and his choir, and when it is fully formed, the finale begins.

During the Finale the musical rings burst outward across the facility, and The Silent Orchestra is immune to all damage.

Yowzers! That probably deals a lot of damage!

It actually has a different ability, Paul. Instead of dealing damage directly, the Finale has a unique effect on any agent with 50% or less of their SP remaining.

Yowie wowie! You never told me that The Silent Orchestra had unlocked facemelter!

The agent or clerk's head will burst, unable to withstand the musical force unleashed by The Silent Orchestra. For this reason, it's important to keep the SP of any agent in the facility high while The Silent Orchestra is breaching.

And it ends with the curtains closing! Does that mean it's going to start again?

Not at all! Once its concert is finished, The Silent Orchestra returns to its containment cell. This does mean that avoidance is a valid strategy for handling its breaches-though it will cost all the energy acquired that day.

Wowsers, that's a hard choice. Good thing we don't have to make it, right?

That's right, Paul! Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Knowledge is just pain plus observation! Have a great day!

Music: Aspire

Good evening, future Managers. The Silent Orchestra is an Abnormality worthy of our full attention, as it is prone to breaching but its status as an ALEPH makes it worth dealing with regardless. Angela, show them the details.

The first thing which must be mentioned is its E.G.O Gift. While rare, it is the only means through which an agent can gain complete, perfect immunity to a damage type. It's simply a shame that the damage type is so pathetically useless. While it protects the agent when working with White Abnormalities, no suppressible threats deal in White damage. Further, the absorption it provides only heals the SP gauge. It could theoretically be useful if fighting a Black damage opponent and a White damage opponent simultaneously, but all it would serve to do in the end is ensure the agent with the monocle dies, rather than simply panics. It is not worth including in our calculations, as it is effectively irrelevant.

In exchange for this irrelevant ability, it gives the weakest of the ALEPH level E.G.O suits. Most of its defenses are on par with Smile or Mimicry, yes, and it almost succeeds as the White version of those suits-if not for the 1.5x Pale multiplier. This turns the suit into a liability when facing any opponent which deals Pale damage. These threats, of course, are not ones where such a liability can be afforded.

It is unfortunate, then, that the suit is garbage. The employees tell me they think it looks sharp-they even like the monocle. I could never truly agree… It reminds me of a very pushy old friend, one who I would rather not speak with. As for the weapon… it is incredibly powerful. The scythe attacks quickly, hits multiple times per attack, and is the third-highest among all the ALEPH gear we've ever extracted in terms of damage output… lagging behind Twilight, obviously, and... King of Greed? Is this right?

It is, Manager. My calculations are infallible.

Well, there you have it then. As for how to deal with it and get that equipment, I have a favorite trick. Allow me to share it with you. Prior to beginning work with The Silent Orchestra, arrange all Pale and Black weapon users into the main room that it will spawn into. It's always the main one of the department it's in, so this is an easy thing to do.

Once the second good work has taken place and the timer is counting down, select the entire army. Once this is done, wait for the curtains to close. Then comes the magic.

We can move our mouse over the center of the screen-and it will turn red. Right click when it does, and your agents will engage The Silent Orchestra before it has even begun its concert. So long as your Pale and Black damage weapons are up to snuff, it will make for an easy suppression.

Of course, you can also simply have all agents clear out of the department for each breach… but that's simply wasteful. We're an energy company, after all. Throwing out good energy is anathema to our purposes.

At least, I think it is… the pipes to the outside do not function, after all. I couldn't say what the energy is being collected for. Ah, but I shouldn't burden you with my own worries. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

The Silent Orchestra

New Gear

Requirements: Level 5, Prudence 5

Requirements: Level 5, Prudence 5

New Story

The Silent Orchestra

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 11, 2021

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
I like how you're being internally consistent by saying Silent Orchestra's weapon is the 3rd most powerful when it's the 4th, due to Abel never encountering WhiteNight.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Cador_2004 posted:

I like how you're being internally consistent by saying Silent Orchestra's weapon is the 3rd most powerful when it's the 4th, due to Abel never encountering WhiteNight.

Even setting that aside, I'm still being consistent.

In terms of dps assuming all weapons are attacking at 1x their normal speed, the winner is hands-down Twilight. If we assume that full-health twilight is our benchmark to measure by, according to my handy frame data analysis page we get
King of Greed: ~64% of Twilight-can use Attack Speed to hit even faster to boost this number
Da Capo: ~54% of Twilight-can use Attack Speed
Smile: ~52% of Twilight-cannot use Attack Speed
CENSWORD: ~47% of Twilight-cannot use Attack Speed
Paradise Lost: ~43% of Twilight-cannot use Attack Speed.

Paradise Lost is super powerful, but it's a defensive weapon-it's good for the shield and the HP/SP recovery each hit. Not raw damage.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

I like -79. I use it often when poo poo already hit the fan and I just want to have some fun before inevitable reset.

And -106... This is gonna be good.

There is not much to say about Silent Orchestra, even though it is one of the most complex Abnormalities in terms of lines of code. Damage is not actually bound to the room, but depends on the distance from SO, there are tables with damage multipliers depending on movement and your distance from it...
One fun fact: it cannot reduce your energy on day 50, so you are free to completely ignore it.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Apparently Abel managed to suppress Apocalypse Bird. So...that's a pretty impressive mark on his tenure at least?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
As someone who ended up with literally every ALEPH in the facility by the end of the game (at least I think), it's possible to just nuke it down in the first movement if you have Justitia, Paradise Lost, and Twilight. No need for the black damage weapons at all!

I do feel like as much fun as it is to discuss raw damage output between weapons that defense > offense by endgame. You can stack Justice until Gold Rush or Da Capo are outdamaging Twilight, but that actually doesn't mean much when dealing with an Arbiter since either you're doing basically no damage or you're pushing her to a phase change anyways.
It is fun to have a 200+ justice agent run around with Gold Rush though.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh boy -106, one of my least favorite abnos of all time. :shepface:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Galick posted:

Apparently Abel managed to suppress Apocalypse Bird. So...that's a pretty impressive mark on his tenure at least?
Well, Abel can get poo poo done (if it doesn't require understanding emotions of another being) and by LP lore handled every possible Abnormality aside from WN.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Oh boy -106, one of my least favorite abnos of all time. :shepface:
Oh, please, it is just a ZAYIN. How hard could it be?

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
The Silent Orchestra has been so ubiquitous with all my playthroughs of project moon's stuff it is really weird that we are all only getting to it now. Also, the old Silent Orchestra art is really good, and I miss the cleaning/feeding animations that came with working abnormalities.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I think in a long time of playing LobCorp -106 has just never, ever shown up for me.

From everything I hear, this is probably a good thing.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
You can also use the Rabbits to clear out the Orchestra pretty easily if you don't have much for Pale damage weapons. The safest way to farm the Orchestra is to use a set-up that doesn't have great success rates so you get mostly normals, but only after you've collected all energy for the day, so once you mess up and cause it to breach you can just end the day. If you haven't used Rabbits yet that day either you can get a surprising amount of PE boxes just doing this every day.

Being immune to white damage allows you to do one extremely pro trick: Skin Prophecy no longer has any downsides, so you can keep your monocled agent at tip-tip Prudence during day 47 to work Blue Star safely. The suit is also only garbage compared to other ALEPH suits, it's still better then any WAW suit except maybe Sword Sharpened with Tears. All in all I think Orchestra is worth taking, but it's definitely the worst ALEPH in terms of risk/reward.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The suit has 1 use, and that is to cheese Netzach suppression.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

The Silent Orchestra has a great design and once you get the hang of it, it's not too terrible, just it's an Abnom that you have to expect to breach at least once a workday if you work on it - not one you'd want if you're suppressing Binah.

It's just not great compared to other ALEPHs

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Something that Abel fails to mention is that stacking damage on the Silent Orchestra's first phase is easier said than done, due to a very glaring issue: there are only three different Pale damage weapons in the game.
    - Life for a Daredevil, from Crumbling Armor
    - Justitia, from Judgement Bird
    - Paradise Lost, from WhiteNight
Of the three, only Life for a Daredevil is easy to acquire and equip, but is a measly HE tier and still has a storage cap of 1 unless you've done Gebura's suppression. Justitia (also at a storage cap of 1) requires Justice Lv.5 to use, and Paradise Lost requires everything to be Lv.5 in addition to suppressing WhiteNight to even get the thing (which also means Gebura's suppression doesn't increase its storage cap). This can mean that the Silent Orchestra essentially gets a free pass to Phase 2, which gives its attacks a lot more bite and gives you less time to take it down.

Basically: don't even think about picking a fight with Silent Orchestra if you haven't beaten Gebura first. It seriously cannot be overstated how important the Rabbit Team and the extra E.G.O. storage are to the lategame.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 6, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

SL the Pyro posted:

Something that Abel fails to mention is that stacking damage on the Silent Orchestra's first phase is easier said than done, due to a very glaring issue: there are only three different Pale damage weapons in the game.
    - Life for a Daredevil, from Crumbling Armor
    - Justitia, from Judgement Bird
    - Paradise Lost, from WhiteNight
Of the three, only Life for a Daredevil is easy to acquire and equip, but is a measly HE tier and still has a storage cap of 1 unless you've done Gebura's suppression. Justitia (also at a storage cap of 1) requires Justice Lv.5 to use, and Paradise Lost requires everything to be Lv.5 in addition to suppressing WhiteNight to even get the thing (which also means Gebura's suppression doesn't increase its storage cap). This can mean that the Silent Orchestra essentially gets a free pass to Phase 2, which gives its attacks a lot more bite and gives you less time to take it down.

Basically: don't even think about picking a fight with Silent Orchestra if you haven't beaten Gebura first. It seriously cannot be overstated how important the Rabbit Team and the extra E.G.O. storage are to the lategame.
You forgot Twilight which deals all four types of damage. And Twilight armor, which deals all four types of damage if you equip a full set.

At least developers didn't make SO absorb damage of wrong type, like Violet Midnight did.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I know it’s a bit late, but Meat Lantern is annoying as hell and can totally screw over days. I had mine in a Central hallway that only had one exit. Inevitably, it broke out and settled itself right in the middle of said hallway, meaning that the melee employee I had sent to work it due to meltdown was pretty much doomed to die. :shepface:

Also, the game kept on trying to give me Nameless Fetus consecutively to the point where I sometimes wondered if it had a mind of its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Silent Orchestra was another one of the abnos I saved for last, because I knew how it worked and it sounded too annoying to deal with during a core suppression. With an endgame-level facility, but no Twilight or Paradise Lost gear, I managed to keep it suppressed with black and pale weapons no problem. Good thing too, because it escaped at least seven times before I was done with it.

TeeQueue posted:

King of Greed: ~64% of Twilight-can use Attack Speed to hit even faster to boost this number

The weapon is called Gold Rush, in case you forgot.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 7, 2021