Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Dr Christmas posted:

I’m just past level 100 and have about 1000 gold. Should I try to earn the rest to buy the mini expansion?

Depends on what you think of the cards, right? It's a good value for the dust, but if you're not going to play the cards then you can save your gold and craft whatever you need. Personally, I paid the gold and I think there are good cards in the set. I'd rather have them than another 20 packs of this expansion or the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dr Christmas posted:

I’m just past level 100 and have about 1000 gold. Should I try to earn the rest to buy the mini expansion?

Edit: As opposed to spending real money.

Yes, probably. Assuming you want more than a couple of the cards. Don't spend money, you should get there in a week or two of completing quests.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Dr Christmas posted:

Edit: As opposed to spending real money.

Depends on how much you value the money right? :) Like spending it would cost you something significant then gold for sure, but if you are wealthy or well off or whatever then why grind for the gold?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Firebert posted:

legitimately trash to play against this class

i hear ya... it's been mostly priest, control warrior, and dh on my final d5+ climb so far. feels rough to play against, even moreso since i'm only able to get in two? three? games before i've got to stop as my evening / afternoon is over.

i really wish blizzard had diluted their card pool more so they can stop generating another deck's worth of cards.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

am i good to dust both of these legendaries or are they used somewhere

edit: is there a good place to go to see what cards are being used in general

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 6, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

flatluigi posted:

https://hsreplay.net/cards/#rarity=LEGENDARY&sortBy=includedPopularity

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

thank you

looks like the answer is 'yeah dust 'em'

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

flatluigi posted:

There was a janky watch tower/wildfire mage deck that used Mordresh as a finisher but then they nerfed the towers.

I have yet to see the zombie quilboar legendary in any game, at any time, or even in any trolden video.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’ve used Mordresh as a finisher/board clear in Even Mage.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
There is an achievement that needs Plaguemaw (I also opened a golden one) but it looks like a real pain in the rear end to do.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Mordresh (and Hero Power mage in general) also has the problem of No Minion Mage existing and being good, and the archetypes can't really be mixed (unlike eg some Pally stuff).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah there's too many achievements and too little in my collection to make that a priority, especially since very few achievements appear to have rewards other than points

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
It's only the ones that directly relate to the latest set's cards that give rewards track progress.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Without seeing this list, you’d think that some of the legnedaries would be more powerful then they turned out to be. I’ve been playing a lot of janky decks with legendaries which are included in <1% decks and still having fun. Maybe not winning as much as it looked in my head but hey, fun is fun.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Personally I'd keep Plaguemaw at least - Kibler's shown off some fun Plaguemaw decks. Now that he's a Quillboar and can be resurrected, there's a potential of fun decks with Nzoth and so on. And all it needs for support over the next sets is for good Taunt minions, which is pretty common.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

kaaj posted:

Without seeing this list, you’d think that some of the legnedaries would be more powerful then they turned out to be. I’ve been playing a lot of janky decks with legendaries which are included in <1% decks and still having fun. Maybe not winning as much as it looked in my head but hey, fun is fun.

Nah, this is expected, both because of how simple the mana system is in this game, and by what the developers want. Only so many cards can be playable at the top since it is relative (cards will always be "graded on a curve" if you will), so it's a design success to have the weaker cards be fun to play while being good enough to not be a terrible game experience.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I play both.
Plaguemaw in taunt/nature druid only, which has taken me to diamond 8 so far.
Mordresh in tempo mage in standard which isn't great but fun and even mage in wild, which was pretty decent before warlock took hold.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Joink posted:

Full on tempo elementals is pretty good.

### Elemental good again??
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 2x (1) Wailing Vapor
# 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
# 2x (2) Costumed Entertainer
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 2x (3) Arid Stormer
# 2x (3) Gyreworm
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Whack-A-Gnoll Hammer
# 2x (4) Dunk Tank
# 2x (5) Lilypad Lurker
# 2x (5) Mistrunner
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
#
AAECAZKrBAKczgOm7wMO8NQDp94Dqt4Dq94D8d4DjOEDiOQD4OwD4ewDre4Dr+4D4+4DjJ8E46AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Won my first six matches in Gold with this, just took my first loss to a lovely paladin deck. Very good, nobody seems prepared for it in the early game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's pretty funny they had a bundle in the store with a cool Shaman hero and 5 packs containing all Shaman cards and then took it down the day Shaman became fun to play again

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
are portraits still only available for purchase one at a time?

there was some pop up on update that mentioned portraits but have only seen jaraxxus currently

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cry Havoc posted:

are portraits still only available for purchase one at a time?

there was some pop up on update that mentioned portraits but have only seen jaraxxus currently

You can go into the Portraits part of My Collection and check through to see which ones are available. It’s mostly the classic ones (Medivh, Magni, etc.) for around 1800 gold.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
ah ok cool thanks for clarifying

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

flatluigi posted:

thank you

looks like the answer is 'yeah dust 'em'

Unless you need the Dust ASAP I'd hold on to them.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I still want to tinker with Hero Power mage. I think it's actually very close to being real good, and I could see the archetype being given one or two extra support cards next expansion if Blizzard wants to push it. Though I was kinda hoping for some support in the mini expansion to be honest.... I think the dungeoneer could work maybe, you want to draw your Wildfires ASAP so a card that can give you them is great even if you don't get the extra freeze effect.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

19-3 (86% WR) with Deathrattle DH from Bronze 6 to Diamond 9.
Won the last 9 in a row, need to take a shower because I feel filthy.

Illidari Inquisitor is next on the chopping block, I can sense it.
Also, N'zoth for 9 mana was a mistake.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I am become the evil

### Control
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 1x (3) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Hysteria
# 2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 2x (6) Lightshower Elemental
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (9) N'Zoth, God of the Deep
#
AAECAa0GCMi+A9fOA/vRA5vYA+DlA/voA9TtA6bvAwuTugOvugPezAP+0QPi3gP73wP44wOW6AOa6wOU7wOFnwQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

I feel like this is getting close to an optimal Priest. People keep forgetting Vol'jin exists and I have no idea why, the card is insane - it's the only disruptor card that isn't bad to just throw down on curve when required. Speaking of, having three disruption cards available is unprecedented in Hearthstone IIRC, and it makes this deck remarkably consistent against (most) of the combo decks out there. Southsea Scoundrel isn't quite a disruption card, but man did I ever underestimate how good it is - it's the drat Swiss army knife of the deck. Lowish on the curve, good body, card draw, fatigue protection, feeds N'Zoth, reads the opponent, great pull from Raise Dead... the fact that it's text is treated as a disadvantage is insane. The only other card that comes close is Scorpid.

I think there might be an argument to swap out the Insights for Thrive in the Shadows, but in my experience you have enough targeted card/spell generation that you will consistently have full hands with answers. I'd rather get the discount than the discover, and I'd rather have a body to throw down than another spell. There might be space for a second Raise Dead too, but that's getting uncomfortably greedy even by Priest standards.

On a side note, Against the Odds does in fact feel terrible to play right now. It has the potential to be really good, but Priest just doesn't quite have the shell to support it. It needs more ways to change opponent's attack than just Wave of Apathy and Power Word: Fortitude - every other way for Priest to manipulate attack stats is by an even value (aside from Psyche Split, which is obviously a poor decision for multiple reasons). It also needs more cards that give a payoff for that plan than Cabal Acolyte or a multi-card board clear. Seeing as the last time Blizzard accidentally made a good stat manipulation/mind control deck they nerfed it within a month, I don't see that happening.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Boatswain posted:

Unless you need the Dust ASAP I'd hold on to them.

Me too. Today's crappy card is tomorrow's (next expansions) great card. I only dust now at the beginning of a new season, not in the middle.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

mcbexx posted:

19-3 (86% WR) with Deathrattle DH from Bronze 6 to Diamond 9.
Won the last 9 in a row, need to take a shower because I feel filthy.

Illidari Inquisitor is next on the chopping block, I can sense it.
Also, N'zoth for 9 mana was a mistake.

Which list are you running? The ones I’ve seen have been cutting N’zoth

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Which list are you running? The ones I’ve seen have been cutting N’zoth

### Deathrattle Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Tuskpiercer
# 2x (2) Razorboar
# 1x (3) Ace Hunter Kreen
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 2x (3) Devouring Ectoplasm
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (3) Felrattler
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Razorfen Beastmaster
# 1x (4) Fishy Flyer
# 2x (4) Renowned Performer
# 1x (5) Al'ar
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (5) Vectus
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 1x (7) Death Speaker Blackthorn
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
#
AAECAaWrBAjrvgOK0gOH1APj1AOb2AO/7QPn8AOoigQL2cYDyd0D8+MDmOoDu+0DvO0D/e0DqO8Dr+8DgIUE7KAEAA==
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I still want to tinker with Hero Power mage. I think it's actually very close to being real good, and I could see the archetype being given one or two extra support cards next expansion if Blizzard wants to push it. Though I was kinda hoping for some support in the mini expansion to be honest.... I think the dungeoneer could work maybe, you want to draw your Wildfires ASAP so a card that can give you them is great even if you don't get the extra freeze effect.

The other day while playing around in Casual i got absolutely wrecked by a Hero Power/Freeze Mage, and yeah, there are the bones of a good deck there.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

I got rekt by a Hero Power mage in my climb to Legend last month. I did not see the Mordresh coming at all.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

I mixed in some hero power cards and the new frost cards from the mini set together last night and had some fun. When you start going, the 1/1 freeze minions really shutdown the weapon based classes.

### Hero power lots plz
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Snap Freeze
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Starscryer
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Cone of Cold
# 2x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 1x (3) Oasis Ally
# 2x (3) Rimetongue
# 2x (3) Shattering Blast
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Floecaster
# 1x (8) Deep Freeze
# 1x (10) Mordresh Fire Eye
#
AAECAcz6AwaNuwPexAPY7AOd7gPB8AOoigQM97gDx84D1OoD0uwD0+wD1uwDiO0Dm/ADoPAD5p8E6J8Ew6AEAA==
#

Joink fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 6, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

I have yet to see the zombie quilboar legendary in any game, at any time, or even in any trolden video.

Mark McKz did a Devilsaur OTK with it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hztovrkmmGE

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

mcbexx posted:

### Deathrattle Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Tuskpiercer
# 2x (2) Razorboar
# 1x (3) Ace Hunter Kreen
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 2x (3) Devouring Ectoplasm
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (3) Felrattler
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Razorfen Beastmaster
# 1x (4) Fishy Flyer
# 2x (4) Renowned Performer
# 1x (5) Al'ar
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (5) Vectus
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 1x (7) Death Speaker Blackthorn
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
#
AAECAaWrBAjrvgOK0gOH1APj1AOb2AO/7QPn8AOoigQL2cYDyd0D8+MDmOoDu+0DvO0D/e0DqO8Dr+8DgIUE7KAEAA==
#

Only card I'm missing here is Vectus. Can I slot any 5 drop in here you think or is he essential?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Only card I'm missing here is Vectus. Can I slot any 5 drop in here you think or is he essential?

I don't think he's crucial. I feel I often play it to keep my opponent occupied until I can get start to open palm slam my Illidari Inquisitors.

The deathrattles are all over the place usually, but since they tend to be sticky, they require more resources to deal with.

Then again, I don't exactly know how often forcing the opponent to spend those resources potentially saved my rear end, but I never felt in actual danger when I played him.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Going to try that DRDH tomorrow. Tonight has been about the return of spell druid.

### SNEK Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (1) Resizing Pouch
# 2x (2) Guess the Weight
# 2x (2) Living Seed (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 2x (5) Arbor Up
# 2x (5) Glowfly Swarm
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 2x (8) Deviate Dreadfang
#
AAECAeSiBAAP5boD6LoD77oDm84D8NQDieADiuADpOED0eEDjOQDj+QDtuwDjvADiZ8Erp8EAA==
#

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

There was a ragequit in the Grandmasters??

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Mayveena posted:

There was a ragequit in the Grandmasters??

Yea, in the Europe region finals xBlyzes disconnected from the game vs Frenetic when the match-deciding game 5 was lost.

While this isn't specifically listed as "Unsporting Conduct - Minor", GM's have a catch-all in their rulebook about "being held to the highest behavioral standards". And it is kinda annoying that technically you're supposed to wait 5 minutes before your opponent is issued a game loss in normal tournament circumstances (in GM they just had an admin there live to directly to issue Frenetic the win). So it kinda put a damper on Frenetic's celebration.

We'll see if Blizz issues a fine for this ($250), but probably not.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Yea, in the Europe region finals xBlyzes disconnected from the game vs Frenetic when the match-deciding game 5 was lost.

While this isn't specifically listed as "Unsporting Conduct - Minor", GM's have a catch-all in their rulebook about "being held to the highest behavioral standards". And it is kinda annoying that technically you're supposed to wait 5 minutes before your opponent is issued a game loss in normal tournament circumstances (in GM they just had an admin there live to directly to issue Frenetic the win). So it kinda put a damper on Frenetic's celebration.

We'll see if Blizz issues a fine for this ($250), but probably not.

As a 63 year old I think we expect too much from people who are barely adults. Maybe give these players a chance to breath and unwind a bit without the camera on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Yeah, it was something I'd maybe do if I was tired and knew it was my last game of the night so I just hit "quit" instead of "concede". The game/match was obviously over and I don't think there was anything malicious about it, just mild frustration.