Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ace Combat is leaving Game Pass in a little under two weeks so just a friendly reminder to those who haven't played it yet that it freaking rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

American McGay posted:

Ace Combat is leaving Game Pass in a little under two weeks so just a friendly reminder to those who haven't played it yet that it freaking rules.

It was very good, hope they keep making 'em.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The low key great fighting game For Honor just dropped on the pass.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My official chatpad gave out a couple months back. (My old one from the 360 days did at some point also.) They either don't last forever or I need to update some firmware. If I can't get it working, I'd also love to hear what's recommended.

You can also enter text with your phone using the Xbox App, but that requires remembering the Xbox App can do that, which I am terrible at.

https://www.amazon.ca/MoKo-Backlight-Keyboard-Receiver-Controller/dp/B0777FLHJP

I just ordered this chatpad which will hopefully arrive before New Genesis comes out next week, which will give me plenty of opportunity to run it through its paces. The generic part number is TYX-587 and can probably be had for ten bucks from AliExpress or something, but I want it ASAP.

I don't like the setup where the keys in the Z row are offset one to the left compared to the official Microsoft chatpads, but it's not like there are any alternatives since all of the generic ones seem to use this layout for some reason.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I should buy one of those so I can type in my beacon names in Subnautica without drowning to death

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
After getting the hang of it on switch and picking it back up on game pass when I got my series X, I can officially say... I’ve Slayed the drat Spire. What a good game.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

How's Subnautica on the One X? I'm interested in the game after watching a Twitch stream a while back but I saw that apparently the console versions ran terribly and I hoped the One X got a decent patch, at least? I know they just released Below Zero which looks great but is also apparently a much smaller game. Kinda torn because I don't see much point in getting both and all the new extra stuff in Below Zero seems cool but I wonder if there's content and variety that's missing because the first game is apparently has a much larger world? Stuff like creatures and environment types?

Also I missed the 65% discount sale on Forza 7 Ultimate :negative:

I feel pretty sure Microsoft's gonna announce that the next Forza Motorsport releases this year seeing as they unveiled it last year and had footage of gameplay at Laguna Seca but since Turn 10 always leaves announcing the track list until just before launch I wanna grab Forza 7 before it's delisted in case this Forza reboot is more serious and all the fun fictional tracks go away.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Subnautica runs great for me but I’m on an XSX, no idea how the One X version is. It’s on Game Pass so just give it a shot if you have that

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I'm so glad Steep is on gamepass, cause I never would have gone back to it otherwise, but it's such a great stoner/zone out game. Once you get the controls and the flow of the physics of things it feels really good to control. It also has some great feedback when you inevitably smash into a tree and ragdoll into the sunset. I sort of wish they leaned more into this and went PAIN style, but advertisers prob. wouldn't like that.
Unfortunately the game commits the ultimate sin: always online ubisoft login bs that prevents it from quick resuming :argh:

It also has this great idea of presenting lots of events that are gated behind DLC. WHOOPs, maybe you should spend some money? I'm all about throwing money at games I love via cosmetics and stuff, but gating all sorts of events and blending it in with content you do have feels a bit dishonest.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm already so used and spoiled by quick resume that I can't play always online games anymore. I usually play short sessions of different games on the same night and sometimes I stop before I reach the next autosave point.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/1978iamdesign/status/1401054584404004866

I bet you never saw this coming.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Goddamit Phil, I said Digital Devil Saga, not this Persona garbage

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol at anyone still getting excited about the never-ending garbage that is Persona 5.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
sega sucks balls for not porting atlus's games everywhere
no we dont want another lovely 3d sonic or pso2 expansion give us more atlus

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BoosterDuck posted:

sega sucks balls for not porting atlus's games everywhere
no we dont want another lovely 3d sonic or pso2 expansion give us more atlus
Altus are masters of their own destiny, though. If they wanted to they could.

Edit: I do a lot of ports for Sega so I know people at SOE/SOA/SOJ and when we pitched on the re-release of Catherine years ago it came from Atlus directly, not Sega

Akuma fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 5, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Could you explain? I had a great external SSD that one day wouldn't recognize and kept saying the cables weren't powering the device. I eventually just get the Xbox Series X SSD, but I'd love to get that fixed.

Cheap enclosures tend to use cheap ICs for power management that don't like being powered all the time.

It would detect the drive but any load on it such as loading a game would cause the enclosure to lose power and reboot.

A good quality enclosure from a good brand solved the issue but it took more effort to find what brands are decent than it did to buy it.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

lol at anyone still getting excited about the never-ending garbage that is Persona 5.

It's flawed in some ways but I don't think it's garbage. I mostly enjoyed it. It's too long but almost every video game is too long.

It makes sense that Sega is going to start porting more games to Xbox and PC given how well Yakuza has done. You're seeing the same thing with Square Enix.

I expect the Microsoft E3 presentation is going to have an "everything at this show will be on Game Pass" theme so I think you'll see something about Persona there.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

sega have been very explicit about more ports from atlus, especially when p4g was well received not that anyone expected less there

nocturne's making the rounds as well so it seems to be a slow investment rather than rushing every title out (didn"t stop nocturne being a mess of a port though)

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Nocturne was still a mess when it released in NA? That’s disappointing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently a hoax
https://twitter.com/1978iamdesign/status/1401142207961210886?s=20

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Did the tutorial of mechwarrior 5 and thats all I'll be playing of that.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

American McGay posted:

I've been curious about the series for like a decade and a half but never got around to checking any of em out. Is the story self-contained (or worth worrying about at all)?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pretty good posted:

I've been curious about the series for like a decade and a half but never got around to checking any of em out. Is the story self-contained (or worth worrying about at all)?

Stories are self contained imaginary conflicts between imaginary vaguely european countries that have invested an absolute metric shitload of their GDP into air superiority

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Also space elevators!

They’re overly serious schlocky melodramas but they make for real fun arcade fighter jet games. There’s some genuinely cool cinematic missions in 7, too.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Did you know... there are three kinds of aces?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Man, no man's sky runs like poo poo on series s. Too bad :(

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I’ve had it in my queue for a while. Just started playing it and it’s great except that it’s hard and you stop blinking while you play

Clarification: ace combat 7. It took me 3 tries to get the hang of flight in the game. It’s a lot easier if you ease up on the throttle.

otter fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 6, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Did the tutorial of mechwarrior 5 and thats all I'll be playing of that.

i played a mission or two further but yeah.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
IS IT SEGA TIME BROHAMS
https://twitter.com/DualShockers/status/1401297298114576387?s=20

BoosterDuck fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 6, 2021

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Weird question, but does anyone know of a 4k capture device that can capture 4k from the xbox one x? I've seen tons of them that can do passthrough 4k, but nothing I can find that will actually capture at that level.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Kojima Productions

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Any El Gato should work. I use a CamLink because of my setup but whatever their 4K capture thing is should work fine.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't see a 4k capture. I saw a 4k loop and a 1080p capture though. I'll check their website again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
HD60 S+ is their 4K one, otherwise there's a CamLink 4K but it doesn't have a splitter.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

microsoft has acquired nintendo and the switch pro is just the xbox series x

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

microsoft has acquired nintendo and the switch pro is just the xbox series x

Surely the Series E

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

my uncle at square says get ready to enjoy ff16 only on xbox this holiday season!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im getting reports that Microsoft has announced its intention to acquire the concept of video games, thus ending the console war forever.

Unironically I want them to buy Google Stadia's first party studio because I want a goddamn sequel to Journey to the Savage Planet

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Every Total War game on GamePass PC, let’s goooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Barudak posted:

Im getting reports that Microsoft has announced its intention to acquire the concept of video games, thus ending the console war forever.

Unironically I want them to buy Google Stadia's first party studio because I want a goddamn sequel to Journey to the Savage Planet

There are rumors that Microsoft has been looking into buying underutilized IP and Journey to the Savage Planet probably wouldn't be out of reach!