Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Go back to the old days, where you grind a specific activity for the armour type and hope it doesn't drop with 30 in the two stats you care the least about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

life_source posted:

Go back to the old days, where you grind a specific activity for the armour type and hope it doesn't drop with 30 in the two stats you care the least about.

Would genuinely prefer that armor was at least available from specific activities (beyond the raid/dungeon-specific set) instead of everything being thrown into a giant diluted world pool like it is now, so you can't actually get poo poo in a reasonable time.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
alright now though, this is getting absurd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkgcgqzItCg

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
My principal beef with transmog at this point is that in its current state, it's almost completely useless for anyone who started playing post-BL. They could solve this by having Ada sell sets from the dead planets and activities (raids excluded) and past seasons, but we all know they won't do that.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think she is supposed to sell rotating gear sets?

Also, Black Armory gear got reissued this season, so rotating in old sets is probably going to be a thing. (And has been before.)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Oxyclean posted:

I think she is supposed to sell rotating gear sets?

Also, Black Armory gear got reissued this season, so rotating in old sets is probably going to be a thing. (And has been before.)

Ada sells world drop sets only. And yeah the return of the BA sets is a good sign but one new set a season is... a bit of a slow drip.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Yeah, the things she offers rotates... weekly, and we're already on a repeat. Not promising.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Panderfringe posted:

But instead you lose them at the end of the season lol
I don't believe that's true at all?

The season they introduce transmog is this one, it gives you 10 free 'mogs per character, and an opportunity to earn up to 10 more per class through the synthstrand system (which is pretty much a drip feed timer culminating in a bounty that will take you 30-40 minutes to get done)

Next season, they're offering 5 more per class, along with another 10 possible per class again.

The synthweave bits you earn don't go away, though there is a cap on how many synthcord and class-based synthweave you can hold (15). With a max cap of 21 you can achieve during the season, it's just something you passively get while playing, with the occasional bonus bounty to unlock some armor looks.

System's fine, I engage with it as i do other things, it's not something that i revolve my entire gameplay experience around. Hate it because of the drip feed, hate it because it's a revenue source, hate it because it's impossible to get certain armor sets now that the content they came from has been sunsetted or had their loot pools changed - all those are valid complaints

don't make poo poo up like this idiot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The only way you 'lose' them at the end of the season is that if you don't complete all 10 bounties, the allowance of uncompleted bounties probably won't roll over to next season. So if you only do 6 quests this season, the remaining four won't roll over to next season giving you 14.

Also possibly if you don't complete the intro quest during this season, it might not reward you the free 10 for each class if you do it next season. But we don't know that.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 6, 2021

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
So given that yes, for the most part you just get this stuff playing the game and it asks absolutely nothing of me (a scrub) other than to keep doing what I'm already doing to obtain this currency, (I just take crucible and gambit ones) I quite like it.

AND - it is making me engage in parts of the game I wouldn't have bothered with otherwise. I love the look of Moonfang and am now actively trying to get a set whilst being completely free of the need to care about the stats it drops with and that is really very nice. Dresstiny is kinda fun when you're completely able to focus solely on being your fancy self.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

As far as Fashion Destiny goes, I've got my look down pat, so I most likely won't be bothering with transmog any more. I honestly haven't been keeping track of all the materials, and I'm in no hurry to get the bounties done.

I'm kind of mixed on the Expunge activity. On the one hand Destiny's brand of puzzle-platforming isn't exactly my favorite, but at least it's very doable solo. It still gets a "Awww, I have to do this now, better get it over with" reaction from me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Having the prettiest princess has been a thing since D1, post your looks now ye cowards.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The darkness theme is top notch. I've been listening to a version of it on archival mind's youtube channel and there's so much detail in it that has no precedent in any of the game's other soundtracks. We may not get a new enemy race but i'm convinced something else spooky is coming.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Grimthwacker posted:

As far as Fashion Destiny goes, I've got my look down pat, so I most likely won't be bothering with transmog any more. I honestly haven't been keeping track of all the materials, and I'm in no hurry to get the bounties done.

I'm kind of mixed on the Expunge activity. On the one hand Destiny's brand of puzzle-platforming isn't exactly my favorite, but at least it's very doable solo. It still gets a "Awww, I have to do this now, better get it over with" reaction from me.

Same with all the seasonal stuff tbh. I've gotten enough random Architects kills that I'm tired of the platforming sections, and the regular combat sections are... not exactly good to make up for it, in Expunge or in Override. Doing it anyway because challenges and good armor, though this season I'm not sure I'm even going for the 75/77. Certainly not going out of my way to do more of them than I have to. Much like Presage despite its pinnacle.

e:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Having the prettiest princess has been a thing since D1, post your looks now ye cowards.

Don't have my Titan on hand but did just post my Hunter a bit ago for a friend.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I quite like override just because it's six man and I play destiny to kill aliens socially.

I'd probably enjoy battlegrounds more if it was six but ah well.

I'm semi interested in chasing the splicer title, how do you unlock the lore pages you need? Is there any guide floating around that goons like?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

It's six man with less spawns than a satisfying 3-man, is the main problem.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

let me tell ya something son, if you aren't slowly earning macguffins in this game so you can eventually change what your hat looks like, you might as well quit.

I agree

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Bobby Deluxe posted:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Shiny bronze is in this season.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobby Deluxe posted:

best believe I have multiple fits for every alien murdering occasion

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Clank clank I am tank.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This is a cool Gundam

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

decided to take a picture of my real outfit instead of the shitpost outfit

life_source
May 11, 2008

That's the same picture????

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Kith posted:

decided to take a picture of my real outfit instead of the shitpost outfit

clownfit

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Making use of that transmog for Last Wish ornaments. BTW, how are you guys taking pictures with that background? I'm just screenshotting my character screen. I feel like you guys are doing fancier stuff.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

hattersmad posted:

Making use of that transmog for Last Wish ornaments. BTW, how are you guys taking pictures with that background? I'm just screenshotting my character screen. I feel like you guys are doing fancier stuff.

That's the login screen, with the black background.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Vog helmet will look better when I get it, but all my fuckin glowy bits match on all my outfits :getin:

E: betterish pic

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 6, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

life_source posted:

That's the same picture????

:(

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Please Tell me what these are they're dope as gently caress

E: I see the curiass

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RBX fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 6, 2021

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Waroduce posted:

Looks like Interlaced arms, Crystocrene helm, Holdfast legs. Might be the seasonal mark too.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
I made a different kind of guardian. Bit chonky but still fit to walk the path.

Waroduce posted:

Crystocrene helm
Interlaced gauntlets
Cuirass of the Falling Star
Siegebreak greaves
Interlaced mark

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 7, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I see a lot of pretty princesses there, not gonna lie.

How it started:

How it's going:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

my current hunter outfit:

this one is for the anime nerds:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything