Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

he's quoting DnD posts from the space thread. That's the bit

Log082 posted:

he's quoting dnd

so, like, you're not wrong, but instead it's dnd posters

cspam ufo posters being incredibly credulous? wowzer!

And you may find yourself living in an emergency bivouac
And you may find yourself on another gaseous planet
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large saucer
And you may find yourself in a beautiful pod, with a beautiful replicator unit
And you may ask yourself, "Well... how did I get here?"

same as it ever was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

PawParole posted:

no, the Fahahfqri of the Taurus Nebulum have you beat there too. Humanity only excels in tightening screws

i'm pretty sure some species of octopi would be better at that than us if they cared so we're not even the best intelligent species on earth at that, just the best one reliant on the technology

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i can tell something exciting is brewing due to the velocity of this thread, yesssss :getin:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

[UFOs] I'm a mechanical engineer with a very good understanding of thermodynamics

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

derision until renouncement.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Delta-Wye posted:

same as it ever was

i got fooled by jeffery of yospos

twice

okay the second time was for like the 0.3 seconds after hitting post on a reply but the first was much more funny

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/REALpunknews/status/1401705723315245061

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

i can tell something exciting is brewing due to the velocity of this thread, yesssss :getin:

counterpoint: cspam is so bad at predicting things that this thread is the best evidence AGAINST aliens

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Popoto posted:

it's extremely funny to me that we have official records from different source and different countries corroborating that we have seen objects defying the laws of physics as we know it, and yet you have self proclaimed "scientists" and "engineers" breaking down the walls sweating angrily at the possibility of people excited to do science and research something new and unknown. let's research this and find out what the phenomena is.

Actually it's a rare unknown natural phenomenon which means there is no need to talk about it at all.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Popoto posted:

it's extremely funny to me that we have official records from different source and different countries corroborating that we have seen objects defying the laws of physics as we know it, and yet you have self proclaimed "scientists" and "engineers" breaking down the walls sweating angrily at the possibility of people excited to do science and research something new and unknown. let's research this and find out what the phenomena is.

b-b-but it's not in my books
I can't smugly lord unearned knowledge over the masses if I don't know what it isssss

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Rah! posted:

an entire forum of mick wests lol

Prepare to have your tiny mind destroyed by the truth

https://www.metabunk.org/home/

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Engineers are the scum of the earth

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There are more things in heaven and earth, engineers, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

There are more things in heaven and earth, engineers, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: they're showing the videos on espn and asking baseball players about it on the sunday night game
https://twitter.com/SlangsOnSports/status/1401708145060220928?s=20

Tell me this is not a coordinated effort I do not loving believe you

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

:lol: they're showing the videos on espn and asking baseball players about it on the sunday night game

nobody took covid seriously till the NBA canceled the games. A ufo is going to land at a baseball stadium and order a round of budlights for the pilots

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

i think everything observed is based in reality, but why now? the illuminati saw crumbling trust in institutions across the political spectrum and said "gently caress gently caress gently caress how do we regain their trust? let them in on a truth we've kept from them the longest"?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
lol looks like the spooky old abondoned airstrip on san clementine island has gotten a recent paintjob

lol

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
conspiracy-minded people* tend to think someone's in control behind the scenes, but this just looks like snowballing public interest to me so far.

still think most likely outcome is a uselessly vague "report" and everyone's like "haha remember those two months in 2021 when we thought alien disclosure was coming?"

*not pejorative, there are lots of actual conspiracies and it's cool and good to keep an eye out for them

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

we need to make sure people like these stay the gently caress away from the aliens

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1401605223542624262

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean if aliens can see outside of linear time and aware of our own destruction. Now seems the time to come down and make their intentions known, with impending climate collapse and fascism.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Wheeee posted:

[UFOs] I'm a mechanical engineer with a very good understanding of thermodynamics

lol i spent my first and last three posts ever in d&d trying to talk in that thread and that guy literally drove me out with how bad his posts were. granted, i had also just discovered there's a far superior cspam thread on the same topic, but still. i'm so glad you guys are lolling at him, this is serious catharsis for me. you've done a great service today wheee

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

*smiles, closes eyes, deeply inhales through nose like i'm in a folgers commercial*

:crackping: ahhhh that's the stuff

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
IMO the tipping point of no return from climate collapse and the aliens making themselves increasingly aware, are linked.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Death By The Blues posted:

IMO the tipping point of no return from climate collapse and the aliens making themselves increasingly aware, are linked.

Man I hope we're not the only dunce civilization that needs to be handheld into surviving
like surely plenty of other planets out there have invented economic systems that killed their chance of survival right

no

just us?

well gently caress

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

munce posted:

Prepare to have your tiny mind destroyed by the truth

https://www.metabunk.org/home/

mick interpreting the timestamp wrong and also assuming military planes always fly with active public transponders in one of the threads is very :allears:

Death By The Blues posted:

:hmmyes:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

*smiles, closes eyes, deeply inhales through nose like i'm in a folgers commercial*

:crackping: ahhhh that's the stuff

Mola Yam posted:

conspiracy-minded people* tend to think someone's in control behind the scenes, but this just looks like snowballing public interest to me so far.

still think most likely outcome is a uselessly vague "report" and everyone's like "haha remember those two months in 2021 when we thought alien disclosure was coming?"

*not pejorative, there are lots of actual conspiracies and it's cool and good to keep an eye out for them

I'm with you to a degree but if you look at the twitter comments about that it's mostly making GBS threads on ESPN for daring to waste anyone's time asking about UFOs so I dunno
If I was trying to launder the concept to people slipping it into one of the most watched sports broadcasts and skeptics podcasts seems like the first things I'd be doing

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wheeee posted:

We are extraordinarily special, generating intense interest and ongoing observation from dozens of civilizations as humanity shatters the existing galactic scientific consensus on the lowest possible level of intelligence required to develop technology

"Did they...did they shoot a dog into space and then just ... leave it there? loving monsters, deploy the cloaking field, we gotta make sure they stay put."

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

same as it ever was

I'm a Wheeee believer. I don't think they were copy/pastes.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Hooplah posted:

lol i spent my first and last three posts ever in d&d trying to talk in that thread and that guy literally drove me out with how bad his posts were. granted, i had also just discovered there's a far superior cspam thread on the same topic, but still. i'm so glad you guys are lolling at him, this is serious catharsis for me. you've done a great service today wheee

It really is an amazingly bad subforum

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Bullfrog posted:

we need to make sure people like these stay the gently caress away from the aliens

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1401605223542624262

PJW looked outside?

I thought he was too afraid due to Anti-Fa

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I have a nagging thought that if they announce themselves the first thing they'll ask is a rhetorical question about our treatment of animals.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

a gaggle of tourists surrounding an enclosure cheering at the monkey that's howling with laughter as it jerks itself off with its own poo poo and it's us we are the monke

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I have a nagging thought that if they announce themselves the first thing they'll ask is a rhetorical question about our treatment of animals.

"Oh so you're eating cows because they're not intelligent? And which species is the one that destroyed its own planet? Was it the cows? No? Can we eat you then, dummies?"

Also real talk I hope it ain't deep sea people because like... I've eaten a lot of calamari and octopus in my life. I'm sorry guys I didn't know

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Azathoth posted:

I'm a Wheeee believer. I don't think they were copy/pastes.

nu-uh! and i have evidence, right here!

sorry if its blurry, we can't take better screenshots of terrible ufo posts with modern technology, cell phones just aren't capable.

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

apatheticman posted:

PJW looked outside?

I thought he was too afraid due to Anti-Fa

when you hyphenate i cant not hear in trumps voice and i chuckle

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Having successfully shut down the ufo topic there's been no new posts in D&D going on 12 hours lmao losers

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I’m feeling frothy. Anyone else feeling frothy? is this the quantum foam becoming noticeable in the texture of “now”?

e: MIB was probably right and the public government has no clue about aliens cuz Woodrow Wilson spun the department off as a contractor agency to stay outside of scrutiny or oversight.

Sextro has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Jun 7, 2021

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

This is obviously a coordinated effort. It's been obvious since Elizondo's first interview. You don't just quit a job at the DoD and start talking about all the cool classified poo poo you saw and have the DoD go "Oh yeah, you got us, we totally don't know what those things are. Haha I guess we'll release more videos, just for you."

He 100% has been told to do this.

The real question is why, and I'm leaning towards "DoD wants to know what these things are almost as much as we do."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sextro posted:

I’m feeling frothy. Anyone else feeling frothy? is this the quantum foam becoming noticeable in the texture of “now”?

There have been moments over the past couple of days where I get kinda tunnel vision reading the news. Something between a panic attack and euphoric confusion