Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

indigi posted:

no, it implies she’s a successful media personality who’s excited about her new house. idk how that video is offensive in any way. nobody posts first round NFL draft picks in here when they throw their new lambo up on instagram at 22. it’s jealousy (envy??) because they think she doesn’t “deserve” it since all she does is stream on twitch (and probably latent misogyny if we’re being real)

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

indigi posted:

I think it’s more than some. in a thread about people who regularly commit crimes against humanity we got “this girl bought an apartment and she’s not even a brain surgeon! WTF??” then people pearl clutching when it’s pointed out buying a home in Manhattan isn’t inherently evil. like you never see people posting stories about a doctor or author buying a nice house. wonder why

this is more a lib idealism thing than reactionary thing imo; the premise is that she can and should somehow abstain from participation in a corrupt society find an alternative in the market of ideas (but also literally the property market ). she's therefore not doing her part to shift humanity's consciousness to etc etc and is therefore bad

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

indigi posted:

unless the owner won’t shut the gently caress up about it. then they go to the gulag with crossfit people.

imagine a crossfit-doing, peloton-owning, gluten-free vegan atheist who's into bitcoin. in fact I think the russians use them as part of their Dead Hand system. if they ever shut up then the nukes must have fallen and it's goodnight planet

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

uber_stoat posted:

any trust fund children of raytheon executives who are well placed on dsa committees, please raise your hands to be counted.

The ceo "only" makes 19 mil a year so the children probably aren't as well off as others

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

indigi posted:

no, it implies she’s a successful media personality who’s excited about her new house. idk how that video is offensive in any way. nobody posts first round NFL draft picks in here when they throw their new lambo up on instagram at 22. it’s jealousy (envy??) because they think she doesn’t “deserve” it since all she does is stream on twitch (and probably latent misogyny if we’re being real)

Oh, you're just all horned up

edit: The tweet presents her as going from [Faux Leftie] to [I love Capitalism (and am rich)!]. There's like 50 angles on that, dude

edit: missed a word

Accretionist has issued a correction as of 22:53 on Jun 6, 2021

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Can anyone make 2M on tik Tok?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i had a house that big i would probably find some homeless families and let them use the other rooms -- god knows i'd have the room for it

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god knows the better zip code would give those kids a chance they wouldn't have gotten otherwise

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

if i had a house that big i would probably find some homeless families and let them use the other rooms -- god knows i'd have the room for it

she needs them for parties. and some other stuff. god knows what they do.

uber_stoat has issued a correction as of 21:21 on Jun 6, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Too many simps (too many simps)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Accretionist posted:

Oh, you're just all horned up

edit: The tweet presents as going from [Faux Leftie] to [I love Capitalism (and am rich)!]. There's like 50 angles on that, dude

“the tweet presents as” sure is a phrase

uber_stoat posted:

she needs them for parties. and some other stuff. god knows what they do.

lol ok this is embarrassing

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Can anyone make 2M on tik Tok?

probably not, but once you have that kind of exposure, other companies start banging down your door to give you money

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

World War Mammories posted:

tell us about your insight wrt how it's better to kill communists than homosexuals

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Also a person making enough money non-exploitively to afford a nice place in Downtown Dallas isn't really worth the guillotine. If you want insist that media people like that deserve the guillotine then look no further then the BLM folks who sold out like so many civil rights activists before them.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hodgepodge posted:

this is more a lib idealism thing than reactionary thing imo; the premise is that she can and should somehow abstain from participation in a corrupt society find an alternative in the market of ideas (but also literally the property market ). she's therefore not doing her part to shift humanity's consciousness to etc etc and is therefore bad

True but this is the thread for vindictively wishing harm on people not rigorous class analysis

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Also a person making enough money non-exploitively to afford a nice place in Downtown Dallas isn't really worth the guillotine. If you want insist that media people like that deserve the guillotine then look no further then the BLM folks who sold out like so many civil rights activists before them.

Non-exploitatively? Twitch streamers are the landlords of social interaction, she's bilking friendless young men for their money like a parasite :chord:

This is bait

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

StashAugustine posted:

True but this is the thread for vindictively wishing harm on people not rigorous class analysis

It's both and the class analysis is paramount. Otherwise it quickly devolves into myopic judgements perverted by the lens of capitalism.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

It's not like the only "choices" here are guillotine or being fine with something. It's possible to just think "this is not a good person."

I don't really understand why anyone would care about 1%-ers being "unjustly attacked" It's basically the same as conservatives whining about people being racist towards white people (except even worse). People who can afford $2M homes don't need to be defended.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

indigi posted:

“the tweet presents as” sure is a phrase
lol ok this is embarrassing

are you a mod in her chat? :lmao:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

There is no point in posting on this website until jeffrey stops ent

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

World War Mammories posted:

tell us about your insight wrt how it's better to kill communists than homosexuals

lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

goons love being thirsty for young women i guess

sorry the bernie waifu pulled a bernie

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

It's not like the only "choices" here are guillotine or being fine with something. It's possible to just think "this is not a good person."

I don't really understand why anyone would care about 1%-ers being "unjustly attacked" It's basically the same as conservatives whining about people being racist towards white people (except even worse). People who can afford $2M homes don't need to be defended.

so your opinion on whether someone is a good person or not is if they buy a home after memeishly supporting Sanders? I mean supporting notorious liberal Bernie Sanders in 2020 was a joke anyway (virtually all of cspam) but it seems like the home thing is what gets on your nerves.

so what’s the amount for someone to spend on a place to live where they become a bad person? let’s quantify this

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

indigi posted:

so your opinion on whether someone is a good person or not is if they buy a home after memeishly supporting Sanders? I mean supporting notorious liberal Bernie Sanders in 2020 was a joke anyway (virtually all of cspam) but it seems like the home thing is what gets on your nerves.

so what’s the amount for someone to spend on a place to live where they become a bad person? let’s quantify this

property ownership of any kind makes a person guillotine worthy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

as someone who doesn’t and probably never will own property I’m fine with this standard tbh

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

As I went walking I saw a sign there,
And on the sign it said "No Trespassing."
But on the other side it didn't say nothing.
That side was made for you and me.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My hot take is that maybe people who claim a certain political stance should stick with it even after they get money.

Somehow this doesn't really ever happen.

Content: someone I know got completely hosed over for work stuff by an entity that is both getting shitloads of funding while also having terrible work practices that they're trying to push onto people NOT EVEN IN THE GODDAMN COMPANY. There's more, but I'm a bit too miffed to post greater detail without cooling off first. Anyway, there is a health hazard with the work and the response right off the bat was barely even a shrug.

gently caress.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
People should really stop expecting their favorite hot tiktok/stream/whatever performer to have all that much to them when not performing hotly, there's thousands of people much more influential and powerful who do each of us, personally, way more harm

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oh, agreed for sure. That's why I said "people" in general, but then you have the turbo rich like loving bezo who basically are so removed from actual human life that I don't think they classify as people anymore.

Anyway, I'm doing my damnedest to make sure my kids grow up with empathy and don't turn into monsters who praise the almighty dollar.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

StashAugustine posted:

fair and true, carry on comrades

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/dicktofel/status/1402190286034542593

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Jeff Bezos got the child tax credit lmao.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1401988788423901188

:patriot:

quote:

Biogen said Monday that aducanumab’s list price is $56,000 per year, which was higher than the $10,000 to $25,000 price some analysts were expecting. The out-of-pocket cost for patients will depend on their health coverage.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The cost of living is $4,700/mo, plus actual living expenses.

:d2a:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

PathAsc posted:

My hot take is that maybe people who claim a certain political stance should stick with it even after they get money.

Somehow this doesn't really ever happen.

Bernie has three houses, this girl has an apartment. seems consistent to me, idk where the hypocrisy is

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

This is the one that's sketchily linked to be real and does a miniscule improvement on mental tests, yeah?

Seems like they're going after the undying ancient millionaires and possibly Biden's handlers moreso than anyone still human. It'll still end up ruining some poor suckers who buy the marketing. Some people just need to think that more expensive = more gooder. Capitalist realism bay bee

tokin opposition has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Jun 8, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i think it's the same kind of stupid nonsense that gets leveled at like, jimmy dore for having a house that's well within the expected home value for him to be able to live where he works (in specific regards to his comedy career, regardless of what your notion of TJDS is - love it or hate it)

like, yeah, i'm probably never ever going to see a deed to a $2m house with my name on it, but my career doesn't require me to be in manhattan or pasadena, i can touch spreadsheets from a cardboard box outside a starbucks on their wifi if i need to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

again it’s totally fine to be envious of her (I extremely am) but let’s not pretend it’s borne out of some principled leftist economic analysis