Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I finally finished up Bowser's Fury and it was real fun, a cool way to inject some Mario Odyssey style into the 3d World engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Subnautica didnt grab me cause its like hours of punching rocks before you get anywhere

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if u want better versions of stuff like a hat in time and hades ask the devs bcos its not like the system is somehow unable to handle super mario sunshine and 2d roguelike

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The next switch better have an ARM and a LEG processor to run my games smooth

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Super Switches that play like fancy AAA games exist already, they're GPD Win 3 and the Alienware mobile thing and they're all a thousand dollars and have four hour long battery lives but you can play 720p Death Stranding at 30FPS.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Have you seen the vid for Ark on Switch? It's a masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kN73PuygI

Granted the game is A) awful and B) an awful running piece of poo poo no matter where it is (installing it on PC with the DLC is now like 250GB or some poo poo) but it's still really funny

lmao

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Stux posted:

if u want better versions of stuff like a hat in time and hades ask the devs bcos its not like the system is somehow unable to handle super mario sunshine and 2d roguelike

Someone should ask nintendo too because bowsers fury runs bad

Policenaut posted:

Super Switches that play like fancy AAA games exist already, they're GPD Win 3 and the Alienware mobile thing and they're all a thousand dollars and have four hour long battery lives but you can play 720p Death Stranding at 30FPS.

I'm totally baffled by this take from basically every angle. The switch has had some fancy AAA games on it and generally everyone has agreed it fucken owns to play witcher 3 or doom eternal on the toilet. Why wouldn't people want to do that. No-one is expecting it to be the best place to play those kind of games performance wise but even having the option is great. The longer the switch goes without an upgrade the more remote that possibility becomes.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think it says something that those hybrids don't sell well at all but the Switch may end up being Nintendo's second highest selling device ever. Being able to play first party Nintendo games goes a long way.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

using my gamer brain to demand swithching to a new soc that uses much more contested and complex processes in the middle of a chip shortage to get more ports no one bought on the console thahts selling so quickly its probably going to hit ds levels

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kirios posted:

I think it says something that those hybrids don't sell well at all but the Switch may end up being Nintendo's second highest selling device ever. Being able to play first party Nintendo games goes a long way.

They are a niche of a niche. They sell well but not as much as a dedicated PC or console but well enough that GPD is on their 3rd iteration and there's 2 more manufacturers trying their own versions. They are more neat than practical.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Butterfly Valley posted:

everyone has agreed it fucken owns to play witcher 3 or doom eternal on the toilet. Why wouldn't people want to do that.
I don't want to do that.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I for one think it's absolutely unreasonable to want cross-platform/indie games that run in 1080p/60fps on PS4/PS5/Xbone/PC to also be 1080p/60fps on the Switch instead of 720p/30fps and furthermore

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Switch is for nintendo games which run (checking notes) like loving trash

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

all urn like a dream on my lite. mayhaps you have the wrong switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What’s the bad running Nintendo game? Xenoblade?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

hatty posted:

What’s the bad running Nintendo game? Xenoblade?

Breath of the Wild

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bowser is framey but im not being too serious

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stux posted:

using my gamer brain to demand swithching to a new soc that uses much more contested and complex processes in the middle of a chip shortage to get more ports no one bought on the console thahts selling so quickly its probably going to hit ds levels

:staredog:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Have you seen the vid for Ark on Switch? It's a masterpiece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kN73PuygI

I can't stop laughing

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

my dude, have you tried playing mario kart on the Switch?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

a.lo posted:

my dude, have you tried playing mario kart on the Switch?

was thinking this too. mario kart is really good

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Mario Kart 8 Frames per second when you play with more than 2 people on the one console

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:drat:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Mario Kart is a game from the Wii U so it'd be pretty dire if it didn't run like butter, wouldn't it?

So is, essentially, Breath of the Wild which still manages to run in less than 1080p and drops to single-digit frames in big areas of the game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i played botw on a lite in 2019 and there were maybe 2 frame drops total. cannot speak for anyone playing the wrong way however

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Imagined posted:

Mario Kart is a game from the Wii U so it'd be pretty dire if it didn't run like butter, wouldn't it?

So is, essentially, Breath of the Wild which still manages to run in less than 1080p and drops to single-digit frames in big areas of the game.
The Witcher 3 is a PS3 game.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

American McGay posted:

The Witcher 3 is a PS3 game.

I'm sorry, you dropped something

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bleck posted:

I can't stop laughing

the loving hong kong 97 music slays me every time

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mario Odyssey and Astral Chain are the best looking games on they both run fine. Not sure what’s up with these indies maybe the switch is hard to develop for?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Arms.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
God drat you guys are like when I visit my grandma and try to get her to stop watching the 480p 4:3 channel stretched out to 16:9 on her 60" 4K TV. "It looks fine I can't even see what you're talking about!" Your low standards / poor eyesight / lack of anything to compare it to are not arguments.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

hatty posted:

Not sure what’s up with these indies maybe the switch is hard to develop for?

people say things like "hades runs badly" and what they mean is "if you get the very near maximum amount of particle effect-creating items and then waiting until a screen is full of enemies and then repeatedly spawning as many different effects as the game can possibly handle then the framerate drops and it completely ruins the game"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should make an astral chain with like more places to use their fun combat than the featureless voids

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Butterfly Valley posted:

Someone should ask nintendo too because bowsers fury runs bad

:lol::lol:

Maybe try putting your Switch in the dock sometime; I never had an issue with it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Imagined posted:

God drat you guys are like when I visit my grandma and try to get her to stop watching the 480p 4:3 channel stretched out to 16:9 on her 60" 4K TV. "It looks fine I can't even see what you're talking about!" Your low standards / poor eyesight / lack of anything to compare it to are not arguments.

Oh word?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bleck posted:

people say things like "hades runs badly" and what they mean is "if you get the very near maximum amount of particle effect-creating items and then waiting until a screen is full of enemies and then repeatedly spawning as many different effects as the game can possibly handle then the framerate drops and it completely ruins the game"

lol wait it doesnt even run badly?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Imagined posted:

i can tlel the difference but switch being cheap and portable trumps matching other consoles or whatever. i have a pc for that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hades runs fine for me but I just play in Handheld. No clue about the Hat game, someone compared it to DK64 so I refuse to partake

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

Hades runs fine for me but I just play in Handheld. No clue about the Hat game, someone compared it to DK64 so I refuse to partake

whaht the. no!!! its mario lol its really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hatty posted:

someone compared it to DK64 so I refuse to partake

i don't think even the most braindead developers on earth would make a dk64-like game these days

or at least that's what i would have said a few months ago, but after balan wonderworld i guess anything is possible