Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wow, she's such a loving wife, her husband is one lucky guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
She might actually like doing all that poo poo and saying she's a "dutiful wife." Brainwashing women into being a servitude class starts in Sunday school when kids are like five in some Christian communities.

Confronting them about how hosed up it is will be looked at as an attack on their very being.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I just wanted to let y'all know I watched the cinematic masterpiece our current thread title comes from, while home sick yesterday.

Is it worth a sit-down watch? Nah.

Is it worth having on in the background while you're high af and doing some crafts/light house-tidying? Go for it! The front end def could stand some trim, it was more padded than the Michelin Man, but that just gives you time to let the painkillers and weed kick in so you're at peak giggling when dude says "no speeko Greeko?"

This is why this forum is moderated.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Robobot posted:

She might actually like doing all that poo poo and saying she's a "dutiful wife." Brainwashing women into being a servitude class starts in Sunday school when kids are like five in some Christian communities.

Confronting them about how hosed up it is will be looked at as an attack on their very being.

We haven't heard the "husband's" version, maybe he's being held hostage a la Misery? Could also be a real doll.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Nenonen posted:

We haven't heard the "husband's" version, maybe he's being held hostage a la Misery?

Maybe that's why he's still in bed!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Robobot posted:

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yeah, other than the music selection there's nothing pathological about that behaviour at all.

What she's doing isn't the red flag on its own, it's the specific way she talks about each part that makes something feel off until you get to the Christian Music and you realize it's absolutely a "dutiful wife" thing. Watch how she talks about the cleaning (at least as much as is audible); It's not about the mess she's made, it's about her husband having to see it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Part of it I think is that everything she's making is healthy hipster bullshit. You don't expect that from fundies.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What she's doing isn't the red flag on its own, it's the specific way she talks about each part that makes something feel off until you get to the Christian Music and you realize it's absolutely a "dutiful wife" thing. Watch how she talks about the cleaning (at least as much as is audible); It's not about the mess she's made, it's about her husband having to see it.

Also do the dishes before you go to bed like a normal person.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lodin posted:

Part of it I think is that everything she's making is healthy hipster bullshit. You don't expect that from fundies.

The overlap between weird Christian tradwives and hip healthy lifestyle is much more murky nowadays

Aramoro posted:

Also do the dishes before you go to bed like a normal person.

Clean as you go is a good habit to have :hai:

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
why is she making him so many drinks???

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Heath posted:

The overlap between weird Christian tradwives and hip healthy lifestyle is much more murky nowadays

what? trad wife is evolving!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A lot of hip health stuff is pseudoscience quackery bullshit so there's some strong overlap there.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lobok posted:

A lot of hip health stuff is pseudoscience quackery bullshit so there's some strong overlap there.

wouldn't be surprised if she's antivax and a covid truther too.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Think about like Tom Brady, think about whatever bizarre poo poo he's doing, and then remember he loves trump and it starts to name sense. It's not hipster bullshit, it's white yuppie bullshit.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Think about like Tom Brady, think about whatever bizarre poo poo he's doing, and then remember he loves trump and it starts to name sense. It's not hipster bullshit, it's white yuppie bullshit.

hipsters are 99% the children of white yuppies.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Hyperlynx posted:

So.... What is it, then?

Exactly as described, except dipped in batter.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Lodin posted:

Nowadays the fundies are all about that poo poo. Look at how many of the trad wives get roped into “natural healthy” pyramid schemes. And how many of those folks are anti-vax.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Turpitude II posted:

This it the part that actually made me kind-of mad, almost more than the cleaning and weird undercurrent of fundie paranoia.

What man is waking up and pounding a liter of associated smoothies, aloe vera juice, iced coffee, and water? I wouldn't be surprised if most of that stuff ends up in the drain every day but god forbid it's not there.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Turpitude II posted:

He has a drinking problem because of her

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Any Good Christian Man worth his pillar or salt spends at least half the day pissing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd settle just for the cleaning.

as an aside soaking the dishes isn't fooling me, you're just leaving them for me to clean

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

kiimo posted:

as an aside soaking the dishes isn't fooling me, you're just leaving them for me to clean

-me, to my past self, nearly every goddamn day

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mind the walrus posted:

This it the part that actually made me kind-of mad, almost more than the cleaning and weird undercurrent of fundie paranoia.

What man is waking up and pounding a liter of associated smoothies, aloe vera juice, iced coffee, and water? I wouldn't be surprised if most of that stuff ends up in the drain every day but god forbid it's not there.

Not sure if this lady is causing or curing his gut problems.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Even if you don't have time to wash as you go, at the very least rinse and stack the dishes next to the sink as you go.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Heath posted:

Clean as you go is a good habit to have :hai:

When I was working at a car dealership fifteen years ago, our megachurchy born-again service manager got into this whole foods/Whole Foods kick and insisted we all start stocking up on all these bougie-as-gently caress products.

Look, I get it and I appreciate what he was trying to say but dammit, I was making $8/hour. I told him as much, as nicely as I could, and he just asked me how much I value my well being.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whole Foods is stupid expensive.

Don't make your own salad unless you're prepared to pay 40 dollars for it

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Baka Ssssenpai! You were staring at my snittys again!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Wasn't able to get a picture, but at the gas station the other day, I saw a worker come in from a smoke break.

Young male, ponytail, wearing a sleeveless denim vest with PANTERA across the back.
I had to question what year it was for a moment.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Johnny Aztec posted:

Wasn't able to get a picture, but at the gas station the other day, I saw a worker come in from a smoke break.

Young male, ponytail, wearing a sleeveless denim vest with PANTERA across the back.
I had to question what year it was for a moment.

C'mon, leave him be, he just wanted five minutes alone.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hail the new flesh.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Wait a minute this isn't the deviantART thread...

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

gymnast evolutionary adaptation

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Memento posted:

C'mon, leave him be, he just wanted five minutes alone.

:hmmyes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Turpitude II posted:

Yeah, I can't imagine getting up and just drinking that much poo poo without anything solid to add to it.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFuzr_GnqQ

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah, I can't imagine getting up and just drinking that much poo poo without anything solid to add to it.

You've never had a hangover so wretchedly miserable that you had to go from room temperature water to cool water to electrolyte water to some kind of vitaminized smoothie product to broth to soup before you could handle solid food?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

-Zydeco- posted:

Baka Ssssenpai! You were staring at my snittys again!

Thanks for reminding me of the endless wankery in the D&D community a few months ago. For the uninitiated, just search "Tiddygate2021"...or not because it's exactly what you're picturing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You've never had a hangover so wretchedly miserable that you had to go from room temperature water to cool water to electrolyte water to some kind of vitaminized smoothie product to broth to soup before you could handle solid food?

Every single day?

To a background of Christian music?