Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So when the show comes back next season it'll be on Wednesdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

seaborgium posted:

So, apparently Beebo is now saving Christmas, with Ernie Hudson as Santa.

https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-beebo-saves-christmas-special/

I swear this is like the fourth time now I've learned that Ben Diskin is the voice of Beebo and every time I'm surprised to hear it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ty Beebo Claus, for saving Christmas

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

seaborgium posted:

So, apparently Beebo is now saving Christmas, with Ernie Hudson as Santa.

https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-beebo-saves-christmas-special/

Vietnamwees posted:

Along with Victor Garber & Yvette Nicole Brown narrating!?

Nice

:discourse:

I know we already all knew this is the best cwverse series but at this point it's just embarrassing for the other shows

Poor Flash.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

So when the show comes back next season it'll be on Wednesdays.

Is that... better than Sundays? Worse?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I'm kind of hoping this finally gets us a Beebo doll.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
"No girl, you don't ask those questions!" :hmbol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

XboxPants posted:

Is that... better than Sundays? Worse?

Better for me as a viewer, Sundays usually has a lot of other stuff I want to or am watching while Wednesdays just has Nancy Drew. I actually won't be able to occasionally forget this is on next season :woop:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
When Mick leaves, I hope Spooner will take up the mantle of his drunken belligerence, though I think the closest person on the team with his "get poo poo done; punch first, ask questions never" attitude as well as his general knowledge of larceny and the surrounding topics is Astra.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Astra is a master of the molotov cocktail, she is the perfect replacement

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I watched the newest four episodes this weekend. I’m shocked at some of the reactions in this thread. I was late to this season because the previous one had me contemplating giving up the show. Some of the funniest stuff in the series has been this season.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
New ep now!

She’s been in Hell a while

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I know John's a dick, but man Astra, giving Crowley a body seems like a really terrible idea.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ava as a binder.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I had a feeling this was going to be the Disney episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
That was really pretty animation.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Why was Spooner a fork?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I had a feeling this was going to be the Disney episode.

I saw on Insta yesterday that this was going to be the ep Caity directed, and even if I hadn't seen that or had just seen the awesome animated scene, I'd have figured she did this

Don't know if it's my fav episode of the season, but certainly up there

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Ava as a binder.

"pew pew pew pew!"

Maxwell Lord posted:

That was really pretty animation.

I think this episode had better animation than... I don't know, every DC animated property in the last decade?

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Horrible horrible Episode...

...because now i will never be happy until they make a crossover-episode which consists only of Sarah Lance and Wynonna Earp joining up to kick butts while constantly spouting the stupidest of one-liners as if it were the good ole eighties again.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I thought I would hate the "Disney" episode but it was amazing!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Why was Spooner a fork?

Yes, she even asked why she was a fork. Lol spoon fork she is Spooner so she's a fork.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 7, 2021

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

TwoPair posted:

"pew pew pew pew!"
That killed me.

Also, Bishop sounds exactly like Matt Frewer.

Captain Aardvark
Dec 28, 2008

I love this stupid, dumb show

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
This bad guy is basically a more competent Elon Musk by but-tech themed. Also that Fountain is gonna be the macguffin for the finale and, idk, maybe rewrite the rules of Magic when it invariably explodes.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This show is so drat good.

Ava's "Pew pew pew!" made me laugh so much.

I also love that Constantine still has a pretty depressing backstory, even in a relatively light hearted episode. Yeah this song titled "For John" that you might think is a love song or something? Nah, it's designed to take your magic away.

I do love how well he took losing his magic, though. He'll relearn it, and it's a good chance to also teach Astra magic. Fun stuff and I love how much he's grown as a character since those first Arrow appearances.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He had his own show before Arrow!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
"Like an enema for magic" HAS to be the new thread title for the week.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Which Astra technically is in continuity with as well.

Such a good, weird choice to continue that character thread the way they did.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but I don't remember that one except for the theme music.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I choose to believe that the true Rising Darkness from the original series is referring to Neron and Tabitha and the whole magical creatures brouhaha and that Manny was just a bit player in their grand scheme. Or maybe Manny was their boss and Fairy Godmother Kefka'd him offscreen between shows.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Okay, that episode was awesome. The ridiculous 80's montage (she bought a leek! One leek, and apple and a baguette! She's hopeless.) the animated sequence went way longer than I thought, and was way more committed to Ava becoming a Disney Princess than I thought it would be. The stupid wonderfulness of Cheese Nate.

I also thought Bishop would be terrible, but they've kept him back a lot so far and he's kinda decent.

Also, did I read that ending right, and they're doing Farscape?!? I'm so there for this season, it's channelling Lexx and Farscape so hard.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I do love how well he took losing his magic, though. He'll relearn it, and it's a good chance to also teach Astra magic. Fun stuff and I love how much he's grown as a character since those first Arrow appearances.

He's definitely gonna try and use the Fountain that Crowley was talking about and use it to try and get back his powers and there'll be a talk about doing the right thing and they'll be forced to blow it up for the greater good (but not without Constantine taking a bit for himself in secret).

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

bou posted:

Horrible horrible Episode...

...because now i will never be happy until they make a crossover-episode which consists only of Sarah Lance and Wynonna Earp joining up to kick butts while constantly spouting the stupidest of one-liners as if it were the good ole eighties again.

I'm just pissed they got 15 seasons of Wynonna Earp and we didn't. The show has to have a bunch of fans to even get the WayHaught ship joke in. I wonder how they got the theme music cleared.

Was Nate cheese just because she thinks he's cheesy? Though him turning into Steel-Cheese was pretty funny. Same with Ava's "Pew pew pew".

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

seaborgium posted:

I'm just pissed they got 15 seasons of Wynonna Earp and we didn't. The show has to have a bunch of fans to even get the WayHaught ship joke in. I wonder how they got the theme music cleared.

I laughed because I thought they were making fun of the show and certain types of fans. But it's clearly a joke made with love.

Season 4 of Wynonna Earp was really good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
simply amazing.

i also appreciated that they took artwork straight from the comics for the animated flashback of john. immediately recognized the steve dillon artwork. never seen the show but i've definitely heard of the wayhaught shipping before so that was pretty funny too

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

seaborgium posted:

I mean, Dexter is getting another season, Roseanne got more seasons... in the post-human far future of Legends of Tomorrow, anything is possible

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
This show is so stupid.

What a great episode.

Edit - ways to make the show cheaper, take away powers!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently the Wynona Earp callout was a reciprocal thing where they did a Legends shout out first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I didn't even know Wynona Earp was a real show, I thought they were just using it as a meta joke about Legends itself when Sara says she thinks the show figured itself out in the second season.