Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Are there any tips for doing passive transfers that I should know? I'm still doing the first tier of Urban Plague, and I'm too lazy to rearrange the abilities I have unless I have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Sweepers are amazing for the Health/Mind hauler passives, outside of that just look for good combos like slapping puppets into Emma and so forth.

Unrelated note that's technically LP spoilers, but I'm putting it here:

So I've been getting my glitch footage for the rest of the LP, and have built a facility that might be able to deathless Day 49, so I'm probably going to give it a shot. The facility I'm playing with is all very possible within the confines of the game itself: There's a Naked Nest on the roof of Control (because I started with 2 abnormalities), and the final department has a pair of Scorched Girls right next to each other to demonstrate that. I'm thinking of just making a bunch of all-stats-EX agents using the remaining Agent signups, and trying to deathless day 49 with a strategy I think will be able to pull it off if I can just avoid sucking for ~20 minutes or so.

Given that this facility is 100% makeable within the confines of the game I think this is the best note to end off the thread if I can actually pull it off, but I appear to be worrying that the readers would go "ah! you're cheating!!"

Thoughts?

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Solitair posted:

Are there any tips for doing passive transfers that I should know? I'm still doing the first tier of Urban Plague, and I'm too lazy to rearrange the abilities I have unless I have to.

Give Olga the discard/empty hand passives and let her rip with Daring Decision spam. Oh, and always stick a second speed die on your dudes once you can, it makes them so much better. The Brotherhood of Iron paralyze passives are great value for being 1 cost and being on like fifteen different key pages. Yun's evade passive and/or San's '+3 to next die on clash win' are brutal on Retaliate at this point in the game.

The biggest thing is don't try to make fixed rosters for each floor, make an A-team of double speed dice people with full passives and shuttle them around to deal with Abnormality battles. Eventually you'll want to expand your A-team to two floors, once you start getting hard receptions that allow you to use both of them.

TeeQueue posted:

Given that this facility is 100% makeable within the confines of the game I think this is the best note to end off the thread if I can actually pull it off, but I appear to be worrying that the readers would go "ah! you're cheating!!"

Eh you already did day 49 legitimately and clowned on it, might as well show off how to break the game in half further.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

TeeQueue posted:

Sweepers are amazing for the Health/Mind hauler passives, outside of that just look for good combos like slapping puppets into Emma and so forth.

So I've been getting my glitch footage for the rest of the LP, and have built a facility that might be able to deathless Day 49, so I'm probably going to give it a shot. The facility I'm playing with is all very possible within the confines of the game itself: There's a Naked Nest on the roof of Control (because I started with 2 abnormalities), and the final department has a pair of Scorched Girls right next to each other to demonstrate that. I'm thinking of just making a bunch of all-stats-EX agents using the remaining Agent signups, and trying to deathless day 49 with a strategy I think will be able to pull it off if I can just avoid sucking for ~20 minutes or so.

Thoughts?

Hell yeah! This sounds super cool

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Thoughts?
Do it!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeeQueue posted:

Thoughts?

Sweepers are nightmare, but yeah they're good.

Keeping in Stride from Zwei fixers is really good too.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

The first step is admitting you have a problem. :sweatdrop:

Anyways I finally have all the footage I’ll need. Time for a long break from playing lobcorp, I think.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeeQueue posted:

The first step is admitting you have a problem. :sweatdrop:

Anyways I finally have all the footage I’ll need. Time for a long break from playing lobcorp, I think.

The lor lp thread title needs to involve buttered eyes

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Seems like a big Korean dev house bought a stake in Project Moon--apparently they make a popular phone game series called Cookie Run?

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1399549053654880260

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Actually forget waiting for a sale.

Sometimes you gotta get what you want right now for self-care, and what I want is a card-battlin' RPG full of atrocities and people in stressful situations.

Library of Ruina is a good game that (for me) has yet to get hard - I did lose the first Abnormality battle, but I did go in with a deck that has big disadvantages against it.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 4, 2021

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

PM running an international fan works contest with real money and copies of the artbooks as prizes.

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1400633588182360069

Appropriately those artbooks are loving tomes too, totaling somewhere around 600 pages

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1399958524331913220

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 4, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I seriously hope they release an English language version sometime, thats awesome

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

The lor lp thread title needs to involve buttered eyes

I could do that (it was one of many on my short list) but...

The term “Library Battle Simulation” is just too :wtc: to not use, I actually love it.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

I could do that (it was one of many on my short list) but...

The term “Library Battle Simulation” is just too :wtc: to not use, I actually love it.
Hrm..."A Library Battle Simulation For Buttered Eyes?"

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I'll just put it in the thread rules

-No spoilers
-Lobcorp spoilers are fair game
-any other rules I think of
and most importantly:
-Keep your eyes buttered til the end

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Oh, there's a little update. Let's see-

Patch Note ver. 1.1.0.4 posted:

1. Bug fixes and balancing

...Hm. That's unhelpfully vague.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

people on the steam forums seem to think there are changes to emotion mechanics. blue vs blue dice give emotion coins, one-sided attacks that occur during clashes as a result of one participant either running out of dice or becoming staggered no longer give emotion coins. maybe it's a bug who knows :shrug:

in other news, Cool Kids Club translated a recent interview with the game's director
https://twitter.com/CoolKidsClubTL/status/1400663888794882051

mentions that LoR DLC depends on how well it sells, and that they haven't decided on platforms for their next game so maybe it'll be on phones (boy i hope not)

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 4, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AweStriker posted:

Oh, there's a little update. Let's see-
...Hm. That's unhelpfully vague.

It irks the hell out of me how lazy patch notes are.

"Changed abnormality pages" isn't helpful when like, Lament is totally different now!

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

It irks the hell out of me how lazy patch notes are.

"Changed abnormality pages" isn't helpful when like, Lament is totally different now!

The patch notes were actually detailed this time! Only in the Korean version though.

IIRC the CKC discord posted a translated transcript and someone posted it to reddit if someone is still curious about the changes.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1658720/Library_Of_Ruina_Soundtrack/

Soundtrack is listed on Steam, slated for release on Monday.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I gave Ruina a shot, and I'm not sure I get it. It's a combat card game like Slay the Spire, but for some reason every single encounter has its own like 9 new cards, and they all seem to just be a random mix of damage types, status effects and defence? Slay the Spire pulled that off by having a pretty small card pool with unique effects, but there seems to be some serious card bloat here. Does that get better, because I already felt annoyed having to pick between 10 attack cards that all do the same thing more or less.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Elswyyr posted:

I gave Ruina a shot, and I'm not sure I get it. It's a combat card game like Slay the Spire, but for some reason every single encounter has its own like 9 new cards, and they all seem to just be a random mix of damage types, status effects and defence? Slay the Spire pulled that off by having a pretty small card pool with unique effects, but there seems to be some serious card bloat here. Does that get better, because I already felt annoyed having to pick between 10 attack cards that all do the same thing more or less.

Some cards have more distinct mechanics like building up a resource to spend for effects on other cards. The thing is though, the the random mix of damage types and defense on the card is very important, the order in which these things resolve has a big outcome on when you want to play them to clash with other stuff.

Into the midgame it also becomes easier to have a proper "build", where the character pages and effects synergise with the deck of cards to maximise impact. It's definitely not as easy to construct an engine in Library vs Slay the Spire though, the cards tend not to allow things to get out of control in the same way.

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 6, 2021

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The short version from my early game experience is:

Attack vs Attack is best roll wins.

Attack vs Block will deal reduced damage to the defender, or stagger damage to the attacker if the blocker wins.

Attack vs Evade will deal full damage on a hit, but if the evade wins will heal stagger AND keep the evade for the next die. (A tie will get rid of it though.)

Block vs Block deals stagger to the loser and that’s about it… I think?

Block vs Evade is weirder but will always get rid of the Evade die regardless of the result.

Evade vs Evade gets thrown out completely.

There’s also something called counter dice but I haven’t seen any yet.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

AweStriker posted:

It's worth noting that Block vs Block works like Attack vs Attack in that the loser takes the full value of the block die as stagger damage, whereas in Attack vs Block the stagger damage on a deflect is reduced by the value of the Attack die. I didn't learn this until I was like 90% done my first playthrough, but it's important for knowing how to do good deflects. Deflecting can be a really powerful tool since it ignores stagger resistances entirely, and defensive dice are generally easier to boost then offensive dice.

Well, at least, usually easier to boost. Stuff like new Loyalty can be pretty hilarious. I gave it to Yujin and she then promptly got staggered and took like 120 damage in one turn, giving everyone else 24 strength and letting them just dumpster the boss.

Elswyyr posted:

Does that get better, because I already felt annoyed having to pick between 10 attack cards that all do the same thing more or less.

Once you get into Urban Plague, stuff starts to differentiate itself more, but you might just also be missing some of the distinctions these cards have. Stuff like the order and type of the dice, which dice are strong and which dice are weak are important. For example, say you have a card with a strong first evade die and then two so-so offensive dice after it. That will do devastatingly well against a series of weak offensive dice, but will get totally destroyed by a card with a weak first defensive die and then two stronger dice after it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Elswyyr posted:

An important thing to note is that Library is not a roguelike in any way, it's a set series of fights with a set series of rewards. There's no "random" pathway through the game at all, and that makes it a lot different in what it needs for card options compared to Slay the Spire, which you constantly gain cards as you climb and get reset to the start.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

AweStriker posted:

The short version from my early game experience is:

Attack vs Attack is best roll wins.

Attack vs Block will deal reduced damage to the defender, or stagger damage to the attacker if the blocker wins.

Attack vs Evade will deal full damage on a hit, but if the evade wins will heal stagger AND keep the evade for the next die. (A tie will get rid of it though.)

Block vs Evade is weirder but will always get rid of the Evade die regardless of the result.

Evade vs Evade gets thrown out completely.

There’s also something called counter dice but I haven’t seen any yet.
Counter dice are attack dice with evade properties.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

That sounds hilarious busted, at least against enemies that like attacking.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Counter Dice can be defensive also, but yes, they do recycle until they're beaten or the page they're clashing with runs out of dice. What's important is that they only trigger when you're the target of a one sided attack.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

This just got posted on PM's channel.

Neat to see what LoR could have been.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

RoyalScion posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1658720/Library_Of_Ruina_Soundtrack/

Soundtrack is listed on Steam, slated for release on Monday.

Delayed?

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
Has anyone had any luck getting controller support working with LoR? It's listed as having partial support, and I can do a couple things with the controller (like skip the intro scene), but most navigation doesn't work at all. Is it just not fully implemented yet?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I vaguely remember seeing a tweet where they said it was rejected due to file format so it’s be delayed?

That may have been a fever dream but I remember it too clearly for that

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
It's out now!

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

TeeQueue posted:

That may have been a fever dream but I remember it too clearly for that

Applicable thread title for any and all Project Moon threads/LPs going forwards. :v:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Huh, conspicuously absent is the special track that plays during WhiteNight, which is extra weird to me because I could have sworn that one of the last patches mentioned an update to that track. Fever dream, remember clearly, etc, for real.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Ok I have the deepest LoR lore question of all to ask:

What on earth does Angela mean when she says "I am the director and librarian of my role's namesake?". I've played through the game almost twice now and I still can't parse this at all. My best guess is that her role is her name and thus her namesake is an angel, but I'm still not sure that makes sense.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Her roles namesake is the library.

Her role is the Library Director, iirc.

She’s being super fancy when referring to the library.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
My guess is that she's just being some Korean type of exaggeratedly hyperformal that is a bit hard to localize in a non-wonky way, ye.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

TeeQueue posted:

Her roles namesake is the library.

Her role is the Library Director, iirc.

She’s being super fancy when referring to the library.

So literally this means: "I am the Director and Librarian of the library I am the Library Director of".

...It sure does sound fancy though, and I guess that's what counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I have a small mechanics question, if a evade dice on a page has "On clash win, +3 max to the next roll" how exactly does this resolve if the Evade dice is recycled multiple times?

Anyways, I'm at Urban Plague and dying from trying to figure good things to attribute to Key pages.