Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

He's shook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Well! I'd like to see ol' Bibi wriggle his way out of THIS one!
*bibi fully extends his neck pouch and hisses, scuttling sideways like a crab at the vote tally*
Ah! Well, nevertheless

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So when is the timeline of when Bibi will actually be out as PM? This is one of those situations where I will still have a hard time believing it until I see it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Zwabu posted:

So when is the timeline of when Bibi will actually be out as PM? This is one of those situations where I will still have a hard time believing it until I see it.

The chairman of the Knesset is a Likud stooge so is holding off on it for as long as he can, but I think it's supposed to be sometime by next Monday?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

He was pretty happy with the voting until he got shivved. I definitely take some pleasure at seeing the fucker melt down.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A fire in the mountains of Jerusalem has just forced a break in the legal discussion about Bibi and I cannot honestly say it's silly to suspect his doing in this.

E:Currently the fires are estimated to be manmade as they reportedly started in several locations at once.

The two flashpoints on map.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 9, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't have high hopes for this coalition, but I can at least respect that its prime directive is to keep Bibi from ever running a government again.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I don't have high hopes for this coalition, but I can at least respect that its prime directive is to keep Bibi from ever running a government again.

i can think of one simple way to achieve that goal

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i can think of one simple way to achieve that goal

A final solution to Bibi power? Do tell.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

droll posted:

Send him to the Hague to be hanged like his peers.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
On Elie Wiesel

quote:

The Holocaust Memorial Museum gives the Elie Wiesel Award to "internationally prominent individuals whose actions have advanced the Museum's vision of a world where people confront hatred, prevent genocide, and promote human dignity".[44]

quote:

Wiesel was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1986 for speaking out against violence, repression, and racism.[48] The Norwegian Nobel Committee described Wiesel as "one of the most important spiritual leaders and guides in an age when violence, repression, and racism continue to characterize the world".[28] Wiesel explained his feelings during his acceptance speech:

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant."

quote:

He received many other prizes and honors for his work, including the Congressional Gold Medal in 1985, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and The International Center in New York's Award of Excellence.[50] He was also elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters in 1996.[51]

quote:

Wiesel became a regular speaker on the subject of the Holocaust. As a political activist, he advocated for many causes, including Israel, the plight of Soviet and Ethiopian Jews, the victims of apartheid in South Africa, Argentina's Desaparecidos, Bosnian victims of genocide in the former Yugoslavia, Nicaragua's Miskito Indians, and the Kurds.[54][55]

quote:

In September 2006, he appeared before the UN Security Council with actor George Clooney to call attention to the humanitarian crisis in Darfur. When Wiesel died, Clooney wrote, "We had a champion who carried our pain, our guilt, and our responsibility on his shoulders for generations."[40]

quote:

In 2007, Wiesel was awarded the Dayton Literary Peace Prize's Lifetime Achievement Award

quote:

In July 2009, Wiesel announced his support to the minority Tamils in Sri Lanka. He said that, "Wherever minorities are being persecuted, we must raise our voices to protest ... The Tamil people are being disenfranchised and victimized by the Sri Lanka authorities. This injustice must stop. The Tamil people must be allowed to live in peace and flourish in their homeland.

And then there is this:

quote:

Wiesel criticized the Obama administration for pressuring Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to halt East Jerusalem Israeli settlement construction.

Wiesel also supported Netanyahu when he went to Congress and spoke against Obama for the Iran deal.

quote:

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel announced his support for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Congressional address in March on Iran’s nuclear program, and said he plans to attend the event.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/elie-wiesel-to-attend-netanyahu-speech-to-congress/

On calling for regime change:

quote:

“We have a moral obligation to intervene where evil is in control. Today, that place is Iraq,” he proclaimed in a 2003 op-ed. He went on to demand American-orchestrated régime change in Syria, Libya and Iran.
https://inthesetimes.com/article/remembering-elie-wiesel-faults-and-all

Peace for all except peace for the Palestinians.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Never meet your heroes.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Oh hey, I just linked this highly appropriate parable in the political cartoons thread:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Roots_of_Heaven_(novel)

The Hebrew version of the wikipedia entry is (appropriately) far more detailed and conveys my point:
https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%A9%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%A9%D7%99_%D7%94%D7%A9%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%9D

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

By popular demand posted:

Never meet your heroes.

Or even learn too much about them tbh

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

droll posted:

I mean, don't like, do holocaust jokes at jewish people even if they are the bad jewish people. Like you can't just call black people the N word but just save it for the black people that are 4real actual bad.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure Bibi isn't reading this thread

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Someone get him an account and let's do a mock thread

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm pretty sure Bibi isn't reading this thread

Yeah, that is the point of why racism against “the bad ones” isn’t good. If some black African dictator does something saying “maybe slavery wasn’t such a bad idea” is a bad thing to say specifically because it’s not the African dictator that is going to read your opinion that you’ve only not been a white power supporter provisionally.

You just don’t need to make Holocaust jokes about any Jews, not even the bad jew you don’t like or the Jews you feel deserve it. That stuff shouldn’t be something you hold provisionally. Like even if a Native American is an axe murder pedophile it’s not your chance to finally make the Trail of tears goofs at them because you found an acceptable target.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If the Israeli government and the IDF and their sycophantic zionist internet blowjob squad don’t want to be called Nazis then they should stop using the Nazi playbook and doing a genocide. It’s pretty simple.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

If the Israeli government and the IDF and their sycophantic zionist internet blowjob squad don’t want to be called Nazis then they should stop using the Nazi playbook and doing a genocide. It’s pretty simple.

Granted, but one should probably clarify their statement a bit better if that's the intent, otherwise it's easily read as "Bibi the Jew needs to get in the gas chamber"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Nah

Fumble posted:

Send him to the Hague to be hanged like his peers.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Again, I totally agree with the sentiment - Bibi deserves to be cast into a sewer. But "Bibi Final Solution hurrhurr" is not the rarefied discourse I paid my :10bux: for

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

But saying he should be final solutioned *ISN'T* calling him a nazi, it's calling him a jew.

It's the whole "I would never call a black person the N word!" then calling every black man that is remotely unkind to you an N word gleefully thing of treating racism as "the big guns" where if someone is bad enough you get to say all the fun words your mom told you not to say, and because you are online talking about famous people you can always find a target any time you think up a good zinger.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i'm talking in general not about whatever weird slapfight you're in the middle of bud

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Imo "kill bibi" jokes seem a bit more suited to c-spam's Israel thread, just the correct vibe for that kind of thing.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Hell, even if you think such jokes are funny, remember the two following things:

1) There are legitimately anti-Semitic people who will jump on any opportunity to see those views validated.

2) There are many people who automatically assume that any criticism of Israel and/or its government is anti-Semitic.

Saying such things, even if joking, enables dickheads in group 1 which in turn reinforces the views of those who believe 2.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Can I take the radical position that calling Nazi positions good is in fact a bad thing? "Final solutions" included?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Neurolimal posted:

Imo "kill bibi" jokes seem a bit more suited to c-spam's Israel thread, just the correct vibe for that kind of thing.

It’s not even saying to kill him, He’s a bad bad man, it’s using specifically anti Semitic language to try to own Jewish people. Just say you want to cut his balls off or something, don’t go reaching specifically for special threats you use just for Jews. People will wrongly claim any criticism of Israel is anti Semitic but That doesn’t mean be actually anti Semitic and call for Holocausting Jewish people.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

i'm talking in general not about whatever weird slapfight you're in the middle of bud

Do you mean the discussion you busted your way into?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Yawgmoft posted:

Do you mean the discussion you busted your way into?

i was posting in this forum before they were born, it's my land and i will take it back in the most moral way possible

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lowtax took the posting roster with him so now I don't know when it's my turn to post :smith:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

It's done,

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1404138095654670338?s=20

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
FINALLY, my father watching i24 News pays off for him!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wanted this guy gone in 2009 as a kid in highschool.

Only took 12 years. :happyelf:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Grouchio posted:

I wanted this guy gone in 2009 as a kid in highschool.

Only took 12 years. :happyelf:
Yes and this was his second run as PM.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Does anyone know if he's announced that he's accepted the results and will be stepping down?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
He's already moved to the opposition seats in the Knesset. It's done. He just has to wait a few months until the new government collapses under the weight of its ideological contradictions anyway.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Unless they manage to pass the law stopping people under indictment from being prime minister. Which is sort of the point of the coalition, which cuts both ways here. (It will collapse immediately after that passes, so people wanting to keep it alive may delay doing it until it collapses anyway.)

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Benjamin "Pissbibi" Netanyahu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

:lol:

Bibi says the whole thing is a sham and he's not going to the swearing in of the new government.