Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

Delta-Wye posted:

from /x/, i bring you: Hey there buddy.

wouldn't station 2 be the port wing not the starboard wing?:thunk:

edit: maybe the navy uses alternating left-right, left-right for weapon store numbers instead of just left to right? idk, either way if it's fake it's very well done

Top Gun Reference has issued a correction as of 22:42 on Jun 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/tick-tack-shaped-object-orange-18846277

Lynn Murphy told how one of the objects was spinning and looked similar to a “white tic tac” that had “two black crossed underneath it”

-noiseless
-two black crosses are similar to the apparent two 'appendages' in the american navy pilot sighting
-blink 182 - aliens exist

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

what if ufos really have been talking to tom delonge and all his theories about ancient aliens are real and all the blink 182 lyrics are really coded messages that contain the coordinates to the stargate

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

adam didnt commit suicide bro

the aliens took him the body was a fake

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"What's my age again" is about the disorienting effects of time dilation on an organic being

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Feeling this (anal probe)

e: "Aliens exist" might be a bit too on the nose.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

give Strieber a blue checkmark cowards

I had a dream about disclosure happening in the form of a very visible mass saucer flyover event so im feeling good, my brains getting nice and space wormier

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I think we ought to shoot one down, either we unlock its secrets, it destroys us, or climate change gets us, either way big risk big reward

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

well we are getting close to independence day

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wheeee posted:

well we are getting close to independence day

drat I hope they wouldn't be that tacky
Roland Emmerich doesn't need any more validation for his life choices either

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Say it ain't so, I will not go
Turn the lights off, carry me home

:catstare:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

July 18 is when the experiment is scheduled to end with all remaining subjects euthanized

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

pancake rabbit posted:

Say it ain't so, I will not go
Turn the lights off, carry me home

:catstare:

woah

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wheeee posted:

July 18 is when the experiment is scheduled to end with all remaining subjects euthanized

"Well go ahead and scratch apes off the list, Klorbulon, I'm gonna go throw some cats in the DNA accelerator."

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://vault.fbi.gov/UFO/UFO%20Part%201%20of%2016/view

Fried Watermelon has issued a correction as of 15:28 on Jun 7, 2021

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rah! posted:

what if ufos really have been talking to tom delonge and all his theories about ancient aliens are real and all the blink 182 lyrics are really coded messages that contain the coordinates to the stargate

if we didnt already find both stargates then why is richard dean anderson a brigadier general in the united states air force despite having no official service record

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Uh I'm gonna need a student of esoteric matters asap

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

much larger in size eh

giant alien mommy.......step on me

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Lampsacus posted:

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/tick-tack-shaped-object-orange-18846277

Lynn Murphy told how one of the objects was spinning and looked similar to a “white tic tac” that had “two black crossed underneath it”

-noiseless
-two black crosses are similar to the apparent two 'appendages' in the american navy pilot sighting
-blink 182 - aliens exist

“As I looked over the valley, I saw this great big massive horse shoe shaped object.

“It had nine lights that were rhythmic with each other and were changing from white to red.

“It was nothing I had ever seen before.”

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

they saw a bright silver "cigar- shaped object about six times as long as it was wide"
What I saw hanging out of the doomclouds was a long silvery cylinder with pulsing red lights. For the record, experiencing this thing sorta sucks, since you feel euphoric and shocked initially but then life continues as before and you have no answers about what you witnessed. Then you start questioning your memories and when you see that nobody else reported seeing anything from that area you just stay quiet.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Tekne posted:

a long silvery cylinder with pulsing red lights

This is my main problem, how do you have an intergalactic empire or w/e and not have any aesthetic. Um guess we'll just fly round in a big unpainted metal cylinder, maybe stick a loving big red light on it IDGAF.

Their technology might outclass us but I guarantee when they make contact they'll be wearing jorts and sandals.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Log082 posted:

i have a phd in mechanical engineering and am an actual literal scientist

and that guy is full of poo poo. Even with a grad degree, I have been taught exactly two things:

1) a narrow subset of complicated math and physics qualifying me as an authority on a very, very small range of natural phenomenon and nothing else
2) that me, all my colleagues, and especially me are all huge dumbasses

quote:

No, it is very much mathematically, physically, epistemologically, generally, and specifically forbidden.

lol

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Butternubs posted:

This is my main problem, how do you have an intergalactic empire or w/e and not have any aesthetic. Um guess we'll just fly round in a big unpainted metal cylinder, maybe stick a loving big red light on it IDGAF.

Their technology might outclass us but I guarantee when they make contact they'll be wearing jorts and sandals.
The size and scale of it was impressive. :shittypop:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tekne posted:

What I saw hanging out of the doomclouds was a long silvery cylinder with pulsing red lights. For the record, experiencing this thing sorta sucks, since you feel euphoric and shocked initially but then life continues as before and you have no answers about what you witnessed. Then you start questioning your memories and when you see that nobody else reported seeing anything from that area you just stay quiet.

I believe you and I believe you will see the day of your vindication.

Butternubs posted:

It's not impossible that they have bitchin' van art but it's painted on the side we're not seeing

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

there's a fox news interview with john ratcliffe linked in r/ufos and i watched it so y'all don't have to

the two interesting bits are that he said they've picked these up on satellites, and also that they're very sure that russia & china didn't have this tech back in 2004

so if even the chuds aren't banging the war drum.....????

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

there's a fox news interview with john ratcliffe linked in r/ufos and i watched it so y'all don't have to

the two interesting bits are that he said they've picked these up on satellites, and also that they're very sure that russia & china didn't have this tech back in 2004

so if even the chuds aren't banging the war drum.....????

It was primetime sunday reporting no less
The writing is on the wall

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Things: Still Very Weird

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I believe you and I believe you will see the day of your vindication.
It's not impossible that they have bitchin' van art but it's painted on the side we're not seeing
Thanks, with all that being said, the whole thing hasn't been negative in any way. You just naturally want to know more. I hope everyone gets to live that experience.

We should all get to be the dog GAZING at the quote bar.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i wish i saw alien

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Listen, I watched all of Fringe and Counterpart so I think I know a thing or two about alternate realities.

Let's get some basic answers. Are we the world with the more cuck JK Simmons or the badass spy JK Simmons???>?? Blonde or red haired Anna Torv?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Wheeee posted:

i wish i saw alien

its pretty good i have the t shirt

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
dark matter is probably gravity leaking from Lokas

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

for real tho it's too bad this while thing is just an ARG for Fortnite season 7

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wheeee posted:

Or is Fortnite the most effective way to communicate about aliens to children

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Or is Fortnite the most effective way to communicate about aliens to children

lol I know this is a joke but just imagine for a sec, just for fun

You're the developers of a very successful battle royale game that is making you tons and tons of money. And the government comes to you and says, "Hey. Put aliens in your game. We need to acclimate kids before disclosure."

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Wheeee posted:

haha my brain is liquefying

lol

lmao

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

It was primetime sunday reporting no less
The writing is on the wall

What’s your take? It’s pretty surprising to me that the most conservative conservative isn’t saber rattling and he is in fact purposefully letting the state’s favorite adversaries off the hook.

Is there a good non-disclosure related reason to not take these very easy speculative potshots?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Go_Kick_Rocks88/status/1401701090383601671

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Hooplah posted:

What’s your take? It’s pretty surprising to me that the most conservative conservative isn’t saber rattling and he is in fact purposefully letting the state’s favorite adversaries off the hook.

Is there a good non-disclosure related reason to not take these very easy speculative potshots?

You have to take into account that there's a high correlation between right wing nut-jobs and conspiracies, including UFO conspiracies.

Imagine that meme with two buttons and on one side is "blame Russia" and on the other one is "Hillary Clinton is a lizard person".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Do chuds not want to attack the aliens because they instinctively respect Strong Daddies?