Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oneiros posted:

i love (hate) that half of youtube's ads are for google poo poo, and the other half are in a language i don't speak and the other half are for birth control i cant use 'cause i don't have a uterus

The one with the sassy woman living her best life with all the other childless dancer at the market?
Or the one with all the young women in everyday situations in empty white voids?
Look I get a lot of birthcontrol ads because the algorithm doesn't understand IVF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I get commercials from all over with youtube. I think I've seen some North Dakota tire shop commercial about a dozen times in the last few weeks. I live in Colorado.

Sling keeps showing me ads from Oklahoma.

Orange Devil posted:

Bezos and his brother going to go to space in one of his rockets on July 20th. I've never wanted a rocket to suffer a catastrophic mishap more.

On the anniversary of the moon landing, what an rear end in a top hat.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the only consolation i can take from that is that musk will actually cry, he'll be so frustrated

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Oneiros posted:

i love (hate) that half of youtube's ads are for google poo poo, and the other half are in a language i don't speak and the other half are for birth control i cant use 'cause i don't have a uterus

So what you're saying is they should advertise uteri to you?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Your monthly Vancouver real estate update

https://twitter.com/mortimer_1/status/1401757182782152707?s=19

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oneiros posted:

I get exclusively commercials that are some dude talking in a tone of voice that makes him sound like the world's biggest rear end in a top hat and he's pitching all-natural soap/colonics/supplements

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i see lots for grammarly despite being a native speaker

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

PostNouveau posted:

I get exclusively commercials that are some dude talking in a tone of voice that makes him sound like the world's biggest rear end in a top hat and he's pitching all-natural soap/colonics/supplements

Is this the one that explains soaps are garbage cuz they're actually detergents or some poo poo?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

For a while i was getting non-stop concealed carry / self defense ads and I was beginning to think I was on some list. now I’m back to endless zombie mobile games

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

When I went to a Liberal Arts university I saw a lot of people from Conservative families realize how stupid their parents were after they were away from their influence and became normal. Is that the same thing?

What are the liberal arts?

Pretending not to be racist while being extremely racist?

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Alobar posted:

i plead the fif, your honor

i dunno, i might have (a bad) one now that i wasn't able to pay the $2,500 ER bill from when a homeless lady's pitbull bit my arm when i was jogging like, hm, 7 months ago now? gonna pay it when i can, but that's not now. i've heard credit explained before and it all sounds like borrowing money i don't loving have to buy things i can't afford? lol so maybe some day down the line they'll maybe let me borrow some more money? i tried getting one last year but either they hosed up the application or i did and i forgot about it because i kinda don't care.

i was opening my first bank account in years and the lady who was setting up said she had to go into other room to check my credit score. she came back in the room and just kept going on with the application, yada yada blah blah blah, and i said "wait, hold on, didn't you check my credit score? what was it?" she said "oh..uh..yeah, you don't have one."

:yaycat:

There are pretty good reasons to use a credit card besides getting a good credit score. The risk from fraud is way lower because the card issuer assumes it, not you. If you get scammed/ID theft and they drain your checking account with your debit card information it's a huge pain in the rear end to maybe get your money back.

Also there's no rule that you actually have to overspend on your credit card. Just don't spend money you don't already have and pay it back every month (i.e. spend the way you already do) and you'll never pay any interest, plus whatever rewards you get.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

jettisonedstuff posted:

There are pretty good reasons to use a credit card besides getting a good credit score. The risk from fraud is way lower because the card issuer assumes it, not you. If you get scammed/ID theft and they drain your checking account with your debit card information it's a huge pain in the rear end to maybe get your money back.

Also there's no rule that you actually have to overspend on your credit card. Just don't spend money you don't already have and pay it back every month (i.e. spend the way you already do) and you'll never pay any interest, plus whatever rewards you get.

and you can get 1-5% cash back

whoops I’m dumb missed the rewards part

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Jel Shaker posted:

i see lots for grammarly despite being a native speaker

Confirmation googles reading your posts

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raldikuk posted:

Is this the one that explains soaps are garbage cuz they're actually detergents or some poo poo?

Yes. Also "If you think this 'sport stick' smells good, you're an idiot"

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Raldikuk posted:

maybe i'm a beta cucked low t male but i'd probably buy deodorant and soap that advertised just a normal looking woman being like "this smells pretty nice :shobon:" instead of whatever the gently caress is going on in mens grooming marketing these days

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you know, I do remember once or twice seeing a deodorant ad that focused on women saying "I'd like it if my man wore this"

of course it's drowned in a sea of that loving yelling about how soap has chemicals

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

to be fair, that's not real money, its canada money

so its more like a 5 and a half million dollar house

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

don't give them any ideas

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

BonHair posted:

At least you don't have to use your personal phone for being tracked by Walmart. You don't have to put anything personal in there and, importantly, you will not be carrying it around at all times. In fact, you can and should leave it at work.

"This has been such a success that it is now mandatory for continued employment to have these devices on you at all times"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

how can that house possibly be 2100 SF

it must go back pretty far and have a basement of the same size as the main floor

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

:guillotine: realtors, landlords, and the housing market

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/nuba2r/realtor_neighbor_wants_property_removed_from/

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

jettisonedstuff posted:

yeah, i'll get around to it. i think i'm doing a pretty solid job of "not completely losing my entire poo poo because everything is completely hosed :unsmith:" so, you know, one step a time. :yaycat: i can't be stopped. credit card or no credit card.

Tiggum posted:

Are we in purgatory? Is it just this, over and over, forever?

yeah dude, gently caress youtube ads forever.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The ads algorithms are so stupid. Like anytime I buy a product online, I get constant ads for it for like 2 weeks. Cool thanks Google I was interested in the thing I already bought. You really figured me out.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I like ads with sassy lady selling you manscapers for your balls

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's just half of all youtube videos nowadays. The other half is improv comedians selling you wireless earbuds.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

This, but straight razors and implied "accidents"

Is Bezos being launched by the Russians like everyone else going to space? Because of he is and the rocket doesn't blow up, that's at least a pretty good argument that Russia is not communist.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

BonHair posted:

Is Bezos being launched by the Russians like everyone else going to space? Because of he is and the rocket doesn't blow up, that's at least a pretty good argument that Russia is not communist.

Bezos has his own pet rocket company, Blue Origin.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
This rocket launch brought to you by Blue Chew

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/1401932734012923908

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And people say lawyers only care about money.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BonHair posted:

Russia isn't communist, that's not in dispute.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Weembles posted:

...that congress is trying to give a $10 billion bailout to

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Weembles posted:

Yep, just a scrappy little company owned by the richest man in the world that needs a $10 billion bailout.

https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1399450019686723592

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

:lol: thats pretty blatant. I guess its all about quickly funnelling as much money as possible to their friends before the world burns down.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Fame Douglas posted:

Russia isn't communist, that's not in dispute.

Are there any actual communist countries still around?

Cuba?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Define actually communist :crossarms:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The Nastier Nate posted:

Are there any actual communist countries still around?

Cuba?

Vietnam, Laos, Nepal, arguably China

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

indigi posted:

Vietnam, Laos, Nepal, arguably China

Definetly not China, you can’t call yourself a communist state if you allow billionaires to exist with their heads connected to their bodies

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

indigi posted:

arguably China

Oh now you've done it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Communism is when you're really good at capitalism