Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think I've heard it was meant to be a mix of Thomas Jefferson and Miles Davis, and Bendis was just wildly ignorant of most of thr players in the Civil War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I genuinely can't remember if there was ever a time where they explained that Miles had his mom's last name as a compromise position because Jefferson Davis wanted to name his son Miles Davis and she was like "oh my, no" or what

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The coward Bendis has never addressed it.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

marvel editor googling "civil war" and only getting tailored responses that involve the winter soldier and clones of norse gods

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Didn't Saladin Ahmed end up changing his name at some point

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

Didn't Saladin Ahmed end up changing his name at some point

Yes, he changed it to Jeff Morales in universe to get rid of that dumb name and to get away from his SHIELD past.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Franklin Richards in deep space like "alright, dad, before we huck that one out there, this guy's name is, let's say, Alan now. he's Alan Davis. the other Alan Davis."

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Who do yall want to be cast as the fantastic four?

Also who would be a good galactus?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

For Reed, it'd be cool if they cast literally anyone on the planet other than John Krasinski

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still think Matt Smith is the right choice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Glenn Howerton as Reed.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I think that someone said William Jackson Harper as Reed earlier in this (?) thread. I like it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A talking coyote posted:

Sure you can but I’d put money on them not doing that. Who knows maybe they’ll surprise us with Marco Spector.

Mark Spectro

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Anson Mount is pretty much my head Canon Reed is.

Still pulling for that Michael Shannon Doom and Alison Brie Jessica Drew though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Michael Shannon Galactus instead. Actually wait no, Mark Strong Galactus instead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, I can't wait for a proper Galactus. If they do it right, it's gonna rule. Big "if," though. They have to know what people are demanding, right? We're absolutely not gonna be satisfied with anything less than an extremely silly giant space man who eats planets. I'm almost glad for that terrible second Tim Story movie because they'll know they can't get away with a loving cloud again.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Speaking of Latin/Hispanic representation in the MCU;

https://twitter.com/The_Illuminerdi/status/1401948554764046337

I have no idea how much faith to put into this, but my back hurts from this huge grain of salt I'm currently carrying.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If it is him he's apparently already cancelled lmao

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
can't believe they're gonna destroy wakanda in the second film

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Illuminerdi is the the same person that James Gunn roasted for making poo poo up about Guardians 3 fyi.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1369445293733912577

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1369502723289219076

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Jamesman posted:

I have no idea how much faith to put into this, but my back hurts from this huge grain of salt I'm currently carrying.

smh. Looks nothing like the character

Should have cast this dude, IMO

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Arist posted:

If it is him he's apparently already cancelled lmao

It's kind odd. His recent tweets are about anti-racism, lgbtq+ and feminism. The ones he is being cancelled for are from 2017. He is also being cancelled for saying puto and curses in spanish.

There's also that thing about being friends with an ETA guy.

Unless he is cleaning his act. Who knows. :shrug: I dont follow this actor tbh

I think he has been already hired by the mouse but no one knows for what.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jamesman posted:

Oh god yes, an unsourced rumor from a single random website, that is extremely my jam.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Just go ahead and ignore anything from

The Illuminerdi
WeGotThisCovered
CosmicBookNews
Doomcock
Mike Zer0h

because there’s a 99% chance it’s their typical clickbait bullshit. The other 1% represents the very few times they’ve gotten something right, usually by just machine-gunning random rumors until something accidentally sticks and is backed up by an actual source.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ilikedirt posted:

Who do yall want to be cast as the fantastic four?

Also who would be a good galactus?

Can we get away with a CGI Galactus? I mean, because I want Michael Ironside to do the voice, but I think his back is still hosed up to the point that he's not acting much anymore.

As for the fantastic four, are we looking at a young (college age) group, so we can get their origin story, and have them be just a bit older than Peter, or are we looking a bit more middle aged, Sue is already married to Reed kind of age range?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
When are they going to cast Daniel Day Lewis in a marvel movie?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CzarChasm posted:

Can we get away with a CGI Galactus?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Fair point, but I was thinking more "all CGI" and less "motion capture". Like more Dormamu from Dr. Strange. Yeah, that is a face and it might have been modeled against a person, but I don't think it looks like the guy who did the voice.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

CzarChasm posted:

Fair point, but I was thinking more "all CGI" and less "motion capture". Like more Dormamu from Dr. Strange. Yeah, that is a face and it might have been modeled against a person, but I don't think it looks like the guy who did the voice.
It depends on how you want to go with the character, I'd think. If he's an unknowable, inhuman cosmic force and 90% of the character work comes from the Silver Surfer, then yeah, CGI him to lean into the uncanny valley, where he's very obviously a giant wrong thing wearing a human face like a poorly fitting mask. But if you want him to be a character, mocap it.

P.S. Dormammu was 100% mocap from a specific person, it was Cumberbatch.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 7, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just make Galactus human-sized for scenes where he has dialogue and martial arts scenes with the heroes, then when it's time to embiggen Rita Repulsa will scream "make my monster grow!" and we'll get a shot of Galactus behind a mountain, towering over it.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Also I want to reiterate that even if they hire every Latin actor in Hollywood it’s still a little hollow if they’re just going to make them an alien/Atlantan/eternal/etc.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Instead of Galactus talking have him go into people's minds to talk to them and he can appear in other fun forms there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Weird, he looks like Annette Bening in a pilots jacket again

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Make Gah-Lak-Tus a sentient nanomachine cloud like the last F4 movie but then have have the cloud form into the giant purple samurai man with the funny hat we all know and love

CzarChasm posted:

I don't see any reason his face can't be a performance captured face like Thanoman's was?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Galactus will be played by Sasha Baron Cohen. He’ll play it totally straight but we’ll still be subjected to years of Borat-themed memes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1402294591672360964?s=20

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

the only 2022 DC Comics-based film worth giving a poo poo about

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
please stop giving John Krasinski work

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't even hate John Krasinski, despite being in that lovely propaganda Jack Ryan show. People just really loving want him to be Reed and it would not work whatsoever. He's just not convincingly smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

I don't even hate John Krasinski, despite being in that lovely propaganda Jack Ryan show. People just really loving want him to be Reed and it would not work whatsoever. He's just not convincingly smart.

Matt Smith is not busy at all!