Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Well I'll be, you're right. 19 - 18 currently. Come on Stardom, pick up the slack!

That would require Stardom to give a poo poo about their subscription service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

J-Ro posted:

CyberFight Festival June 6th 2021
MOTYC

Kongoh (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya, Nioh, Haoh and Tadasuke vs DDT (Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Naomi Yoshimura and Yukio Naya)
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura
Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Yuka Sakazaki - Princess of Princess Championship
Jun Akiyama (c) vs HARASHIMA - KO-D Openweight Championship
Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - GHC Heavyweight Championship

HM
Preshow Battle Royale
Ken Ohka, Keisuke Ishii and Shota vs Shuichiro Katsumura, Kouki Iwasaki and Yumehito Imanari
Yuki Iino and Toi Kojima vs Junta Miyawaki and Kinya Okada
Mizuki, Hikari Noa and Yuki Arai vs Kamiyu, Marika Kobashi and Maki Itoh
Chris Brookes and 37KAMIINA (MAO and Shunma Katsumata) vs Damnation (Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao and Daisuke Sasaki w/ Mad Paulie)
Bakuretsu Sisters vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi vs Hyper Misao & Shoko Nakajima

nth

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'll admit I skipped some matches just because of sleep and dealing with the impending move. Of the ones I've seen:

J-Ro posted:

MOTYC

Kongoh (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya, Nioh, Haoh and Tadasuke vs DDT (Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Naomi Yoshimura and Yukio Naya)

HM
Preshow Battle Royale
Ken Ohka, Keisuke Ishii and Shota vs Shuichiro Katsumura, Kouki Iwasaki and Yumehito Imanari
Bakuretsu Sisters vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi vs Hyper Misao & Shoko Nakajima

Nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
CyberFight Festival baybeeeeee

MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura

HM
Preshow Battle Royale
Momo no Seishun (Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada and Hajime Ohara) vs Stinger (Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA and Seiki Yoshioka)
Chris Brookes and 37KAMIINA (MAO and Shunma Katsumata) vs Damnation (Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao and Daisuke Sasaki w/ Mad Paulie)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Before Shingo vs Okada happens and inevitably gets MOTYC, I just want to point out that CyberFight is ahead of Bushiroad right now

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, about that...

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Before Shingo vs Okada happens and inevitably gets MOTYC, I just want to point out that CyberFight is ahead of Bushiroad right now

and hell, I'm glad.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: LIJ(Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI) vs Suzuki-Gun (Dangerous Tekkers & DOUKI) NJPW Dominion 07.06

Extremely fun little tag where everybody had their working boots on and that built very well for future things.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: El Desperado vs YOH NJPW Dominion 07.06

Very good match between two very good guys. Didn't really reach that higher gear though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

J-Ro posted:

MOTYC

HM
Preshow Battle Royale
Yuki Iino and Toi Kojima vs Junta Miyawaki and Kinya Okada

NTH

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Jeff Cobb NJPW Dominion 07.06

Match started with a Murder, then transitioned into a second Murder only to end with a good big helping of Murder.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW Dominion 6/7

COBB STRONK! IBUSHI ANIMK! MATCH GREAK!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
MOTYC: Cobb vs Ibushi, Dominion, NJPW

Cobb is strong. Ibushi is an anime.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

and hell, I'm glad.

:agreed:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW Dominion 6/7

COBB STRONK! IBUSHI ANIMK! MATCH GREAK!

NTH. IDK if Cobb has just gotten that much better or if working with Ibushi brings out the best in him but that was unbelievably good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Jeff Cobb NJPW Dominion 07.06

Match started with a Murder, then transitioned into a second Murder only to end with a good big helping of Murder.

Nth this

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Nth MOTYC for Cobb Ibushi

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi NJPW Dominion 07.06

A war, pure and simple and beautiful. This is pro loving wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi for the vacant IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Dominion 6/7

God. A dragon. Murder. Counters. More murder. Sweat. Horror. Incredible. MOTYC.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi for the vacant IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Dominion 6/7

nth.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Dominion June 7th
MOTYC
Jeff Cobb vs Kota Ibushi
- Real good, paid off the hype from all the preview tags. Cobb is so goddamn great
Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
- Okada isn't going to let a little thing like Covid stop him from being one of the modern day greats when he puts his mind to it. Shingo loving ruled as always, awesome match

HM
El Desperado (c) vs YOH - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
- Started off slow then got real good, last 10 minutes were hype but just felt like it was missing that last bit to push it over the top

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

2nd this, only dilemma is unable to decide if this was better than Ospreay Takagi

I need to watch it back at a time where I don't have whatever I have, eyestrain or something

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
All from dominion

HM : despy v yoh - dangerously close to a motyc.

Motyc: Cobb v ibushi

Motyc: Okada v Shingo- wow

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Dominion June 7th
MOTYC
Jeff Cobb vs Kota Ibushi
- Real good, paid off the hype from all the preview tags. Cobb is so goddamn great
Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
- Okada isn't going to let a little thing like Covid stop him from being one of the modern day greats when he puts his mind to it. Shingo loving ruled as always, awesome match

HM
El Desperado (c) vs YOH - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
- Started off slow then got real good, last 10 minutes were hype but just felt like it was missing that last bit to push it over the top

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well it was nice while it lasted, CyberFight v:shobon:v

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: LIJ(Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI) vs Suzuki-Gun (Dangerous Tekkers & DOUKI) NJPW Dominion 07.06

Extremely fun little tag where everybody had their working boots on and that built very well for future things.

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: El Desperado vs YOH NJPW Dominion 07.06

Very good match between two very good guys. Didn't really reach that higher gear though.

Jerusalem posted:

nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Well it was nice while it lasted, CyberFight v:shobon:v

It'd certainly help if more people watched the nothing DDT shows with 37KAMIINA members just pulling out ridiculous matches every other week in front of like 200 people

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

It'd certainly help if more people watched the nothing DDT shows with 37KAMIINA members just pulling out ridiculous matches every other week in front of like 200 people

Put the shows on live, WrestleUniverse :colbert:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wish DDT had managed to get Universe as big as it is now during the Majimanji era. It would have been fun to post about those weekly shows with people and they'd have filled up this thread.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

HM: The Young Bucks vs Penta El 0M and Pac, 6/4 AEW Dynamite

:yeah:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: El Desperado vs. YOH, NJPW Dominion, 07/06
MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Kota Ibushi, NJPW Dominion, 07/06
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW Dominion, 07/06

:stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
HM for Ibushi/Cobb @ Dominion - Great match, but it felt like it could've been more with a bit more time or higher stakes.

MOTYC for Takagi/Okada @ Dominion - These guys can basically do no wrong in the ring, and I'm super happy that they're finally pulling the trigger on Shingo.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'll Nth this. Nicely put together tag, and it is such a breath of fresh air to see Tekkers wrestle someone other than GoD.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Kota Ibushi, NJPW Dominion, 07/06

:stare:

Yeah agreed. My favorite top to bottom New Japan show this year

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
HM for Ibushi/Cobb - I'd give sell of the year to Ibushi for one of the spots.

MOTYC for Okada/Takagi - holy loving poo poo that was great. Like the lowest from Dave is going to be 5 stars, and that's probably being too stingy. I'm struggling for words for how great this was.

Both from NJPW Dominion June 7th 2021

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Another MOTYC vote for Shingo/Okada. Okada's face after that forearm is gonna be with me forever.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Sanshiro Takagi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Kazusada Higuchi, Akito, Naomi Yoshimura & Yukio Naya vs. Kongoh (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya, Tadasuke, Haoh & Nioh) - CyberFight Festival (6/6)

The ultimate clash of wrestling philosophies. I hope EVIL and Dick Togo were taking notes from the ref distraction spot.

I'll just go a HM for this, but I really do have to say the bear trap and bug mask were incredible, and boy did they succesfully sell me on getting Yukio Sakaguchi vs. more NOAH guys in the future!

Lamuella posted:

HM: Mizuki, Hikari Noa and Yuki Arai vs Kamiyu, Marika Kobashi and Maki Itoh, CyberFight Festival 6/6

Nth, they structured the match incredibly to continue the story of Yuki Arai and Maki Itoh. Special notes to Akki for just his voice going low and saying "oh that was brutal" after brutal moves.

Lamuella posted:

HM: Keiji Mutoh vs Naomichi Marufuji, CyberFight Festival 6/6

Started slow, warmed up as it went along, and had two genuine "holy gently caress" moments at the end. Very enjoyable.

Nth - Structured well, announcers popping, old man lacked knees, so he go kneed.

I feel weird that Miyu/Sakazaki didn't hit the next level for me. Some great spots, particularly the suplex onto the apron followed by that wicked sliding forearm - but not a HM.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

i am no longer afraid of the police

Also:

HM: Giulia & Syuri vs. Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka, Stardom 1/11

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted: