Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Control

Insanely cool. It wasn't quite what I expected; I was going in thinking the combat would be more like Prey's, where you fight one or two big beefy bitches at a time, and the weirdness would be more like Antichamber's with shifting perspective and such nonsense. What I got left me way happier than what I was expecting to get though.

The middle third of the game kind of dragged, and the Alan Wake dlc was strangely out of place and frankly not very good, but the last portion of the game from the ash tray maze onwards had me absolutely glued to my seat. Absolutely worth the $20 I spent on it.

I need to get back to it but I found the midsection after you find your bother that there were so many insanely tacky dudes who smashed you to like 10% hp from across the map where all the other enemies are so healing was a pain. Though I was doing foundation stuff when I dropped it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)
11. Castlevania (NES, 1-ALL, no death, game over at 2-4) - video
12. Yakuza Kiwami
13. Super Mario Galaxy (3D All-Stars version, 120 stars)
14. Suikoden

nice and chill. easy and short but charming. i like its spiffed-up snes game aesthetic. castle music was driving me nuts by the end though. Onward to another adventure!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fucker posted:

beat Mind Scanners. its pretty neat imo. papers please but instead of finding discrepancies ur playing minigames while trying to psycho analyze ppl :cheers: worth checking out

nice, thinking this is next before I start Summer of Dragon Quest

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Sonic Unleashed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

19. Picross S3, all regular and Color Picross puzzles. Still gonna work on clip Picross ones but I don't touch Mega Picross.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Glad u enjoyed. I sincerely hope you like 4 more than I did lol

me too but all the posts have given me absolute rock bottom expectations which is like a hack for making anything more enjoyable

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

19. Picross S3, all regular and Color Picross puzzles. Still gonna work on clip Picross ones but I don't touch Mega Picross.

you're missing out bro.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mega is too hard. My brain doesn't go up that high.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

Sonic Unleashed

How many medals.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Immortal Severance ending.

I wasn't crazy about some of the late game areas but the final boss was extremely satisfying and tense.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
momodora reverie under the moonlight

a bit unambitious and in some places barren but i liked how straightforward and digestible it was.
99% map completion, i had no idea what to do to open the door next to the long stairs that lead to the fire area and i didnt want to scour the entire map to find out who to talk to in cat form or where to use something like arrows or wind magic to figure some poo poo out. maybe in this second playtrhough mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

How many medals.

only like 124 light and 120 dark

im gonna play a little more but its sure not worth 100%ing

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Control: Foundation DLC

This one didn't really do anything new but it was much better than the Alan Wake DLC. I forgot to mention the first time, but this game had some of the worst "+5% to axe damage" I've seen in a hot minute.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
disco elysium

impressed that it lived up to the cartoonish amount of hype it recieved. really good.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ys Seven. Another excellent Ys game

Now I’m all jacked up for Ys IX

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

7. Yakuza 3.
Considering how far back in the series is, this is okay, but it definitely is some whiplash coming from Kiwami 2. The heat moves feel kinda weak, the enemies block and duck throws too much, and the "feel the heat" moments get repetitive. I didn't get into almost any of the side stuff in this one besides the photoblogging thing and about 80 of the substories. I hated the way stuff like darts and pool and karaoke worked compared to previous games. My completion rate was 28.25%. I'll have to see if synthy is right about 4, because of course that'll be next.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Nier Automata. Endings A-E, plus a couple of the joke endings, sacrificed my save file. Mostly really good, I preferred Replicant by a pretty good margin but it's still a lot of fun in its own right. I think it had a more interesting story than Replicant and I liked that the themes this game explored kind of neatly pick up from questions that were just sort of implied by Replicant's ending despite the 8,000 year time difference, but I didn't like the characters in Automata anywhere near as much as the Replicant cast. The gameplay with two of the player characters was a lot of fun but playing as the third, 9S is significantly worse and you spend like half the game as them, making B route a total slog that I didn't enjoy at all. But the rest of the game was good enough that that didn't lower my opinion of the game overall too much, the fun fast-paced combat of the other characters, great visuals and audio (especially the soundtrack), and the number of options to customize your playstyle with the pod programs and plug-in chips etc were too good to be brought down by a few crummy hours in the middle.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Beat Demons souls yesterday, thus completing my foray into Fromsoft games. It was a fantastic game, made even better by looking and sounding so good. Did not feel old at all! :)

Now I am up to date and can beat the rest of my long list of games.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dragon quest 2

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Beat Demons souls yesterday, thus completing my foray into Fromsoft games. It was a fantastic game, made even better by looking and sounding so good. Did not feel old at all! :)

Now I am up to date and can beat the rest of my long list of games.

if you can, go seek out 3D Dot Game Heroes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

dragon quest 2

Nice. I think that's the hardest one of the NES games to go back to. 1 you can beat in an afternoon and 3 and 4 I've played again, but I always bounce off 2 during that part where you have to search the ocean. One day I'll beat it again.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

super mario 3d world. great mario game, i'm still working on the special levels and they're fuckin hard lol. pumped for bowser's fury after this, i hear nothing but good things

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

7. Yakuza 3.
Considering how far back in the series is, this is okay, but it definitely is some whiplash coming from Kiwami 2. The heat moves feel kinda weak, the enemies block and duck throws too much, and the "feel the heat" moments get repetitive. I didn't get into almost any of the side stuff in this one besides the photoblogging thing and about 80 of the substories. I hated the way stuff like darts and pool and karaoke worked compared to previous games. My completion rate was 28.25%. I'll have to see if synthy is right about 4, because of course that'll be next.

did you do any of the substories with the enemies that could dodge infinitely. those guys were cool like somebody would create in a romhack of a Yakuza game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

did you do any of the substories with the enemies that could dodge infinitely. those guys were cool like somebody would create in a romhack of a Yakuza game

yeah, lol, those were cool. I think one of the bosses in the main story could do it too, right? a lot of the substories owned, and I like that a lot of them are big chains. kiryu learning English for the drew Barrymore looking lady and the Mr Dine and Dash saga hooked me more than the main story. the murder mystery one seemed cool but it was so late in the game that I skipped it :/. I also got really far into the ramen one without finishing it :/

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Doom Eternal (Switch)
Resident Evil 4 (Switch)
Resident Evil: Village (PS5)
Monster Hunter: Rise campaign (kind of low hanging fruit since it’s super short)

From hospital on GBA over the past week:
Super Mario Land
Wario Land
Donkey Kong ‘94

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): All Endings
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.
17. Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests
18. Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests, All Friends Survived.
19. Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian (faithful), All Side Quests, Dance Party, Synthesis

Ending is absolute poo poo from my rear end and all the 2012 slow walking feels-game poo poo is AIDS but other than that this game rocks. Outstanding gunfeel.

I played through 1 and 2 right after they came out and never touched 3, so it was really fun to go through and play through all of them again end-to-end, and I think all of them hold up really well. I'm from Edmonton so it's kind of neat that such a big, influential series is from my home town.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Games beat 2021

1. Lunch Lady - 2 players, hard mode. Game clear criteria: All home work recovered, school escaped, all players still alive. Review: looking forward to this EA game being further developed. Very interested in the lore behind the Lunch Lady

2. EDF 5. Four players, hard mode, I played Air Raider. Review: my first edf game. Lots of fun co op gaming. End boss was trash. Love dropping air raider call ins on my friends. I don’t know if can play through it all again on two more difficulties tho.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): All Endings
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.
17. Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests
18. Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests, All Friends Survived.
19. Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian (faithful), All Side Quests, Dance Party, Synthesis

Ending is absolute poo poo from my rear end and all the 2012 slow walking feels-game poo poo is AIDS but other than that this game rocks. Outstanding gunfeel.

I played through 1 and 2 right after they came out and never touched 3, so it was really fun to go through and play through all of them again end-to-end, and I think all of them hold up really well. I'm from Edmonton so it's kind of neat that such a big, influential series is from my home town.

Yeah, I've been playing 3 right now, and it's crazy to me how much of a step up it is. Lots of cool weapon variety too, really wish the MP was in this, because I never got the chance to play it and I'd like to put in more time with that.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Resident Evil 2 Remake - Leon 1st run and Clair 2nd run

I think I had more fun looking at the game than playing it, even though I think the gameplay is really good it might not just be my thing. Down in the sewers on the 2nd run I was really wishing the game was over and there were hits I took I feel I had no choice but to get poisoned/take it and it really annoyed me. Exploring and learning the police station was amazing though and I'm still glad I decided to play this. I just tried the 2nd Survivor DLC story and after beating one of them I think I'm done with the game as I don't have much interest repeating playthroughs to find the best way though various arenas/choke points. Which is I think pretty much the core to the gameplay loop of the whole game and that I don't care much to dive into. RE Engine ftw.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roth posted:

Yeah, I've been playing 3 right now, and it's crazy to me how much of a step up it is. Lots of cool weapon variety too, really wish the MP was in this, because I never got the chance to play it and I'd like to put in more time with that.

the mp is literally the only reason I would buy me:Le so thanks for saving me $69.99 or whatever

actually NVM I forgot the microtransaction crap existed, it was only playable because two years after release they shut down their verification or whatever you could regedit the original game on PC to give yourself all the weapons and classes from the get go lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Klowner posted:

the mp is literally the only reason I would buy me:Le so thanks for saving me $69.99 or whatever

actually NVM I forgot the microtransaction crap existed, it was only playable because two years after release they shut down their verification or whatever you could regedit the original game on PC to give yourself all the weapons and classes from the get go lmao

Whats the point of playing if you do that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Widlkly popular multiplayer was only good 2 years after release when you could cheat to give yourself all the guns. Sounds like some chinese hacker filled pubg server tier fun.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

The Klowner posted:

you could regedit the original game on PC to give yourself all the weapons and classes from the get go lmao
That fuckin’ rules.

There’s iOS games that don’t have server-side verification. I could edit files on my jailbroken phone and just beat people down. I’d really only do it to lamewads who would spend actual money on like Skee-Ball powerups and poo poo. The key is not to unload $100 worth of IAP powerups right away, you have to make it seem like they can outspend you to win, so they don’t give up immediately so you waste as much of their money as possible.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Laslow posted:

That fuckin’ rules.

There’s iOS games that don’t have server-side verification. I could edit files on my jailbroken phone and just beat people down. I’d really only do it to lamewads who would spend actual money on like Skee-Ball powerups and poo poo. The key is not to unload $100 worth of IAP powerups right away, you have to make it seem like they can outspend you to win, so they don’t give up immediately so you waste as much of their money as possible.

you have been sentenced to death

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Widlkly popular multiplayer was only good 2 years after release when you could cheat to give yourself all the guns. Sounds like some chinese hacker filled pubg server tier fun.

have you played the game? there's no pvp, it's just coop horde mode against mobs and bosses

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Klowner posted:

have you played the game? there's no pvp, it's just coop horde mode against mobs and bosses

I went insane playing it for 6 months and almost failed a calc final i needed to finish my degree from playing it too much. The thought of someone being able to get all the weapons I toiled and almost ruined my life for, fills me with rage.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

wrong. i guarantee those iap whales are the type that’ll be among the first against the wall when the glorious revolution comes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I went insane playing it for 6 months and almost failed a calc final i needed to finish my degree from playing it too much. The thought of someone being able to get all the weapons I toiled and almost ruined my life for, fills me with rage.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmfao