Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

SettingSun posted:

There’s a PoPSoT remake in the works? That game is incredible and still holds up imo

at one point that game was scheduled for release in January of this year and like 8 weeks before launch they delayed it and they just keep delaying it I cannot imagine the trash-fire it was that made them delay it so close to launch and have it keep being delayed, it makes Halo Infinite feel downright prompt

edit: lol it was 6 weeks, they pushed it back from the original date of January 21st on loving December 8th and now it's just "2022" what a colossal gently caress-up Ubisoft has forgotten how to make good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

eonwe posted:

im going to lol if its still on creation engine

I hope my prediction is true that it comes out in 2027 so we can have the engine be 25 years old.

Orv
May 4, 2011
While Starfield is unlikely to be out this year, given how long we've known about it I'd be somewhat surprised if we didn't hear anything. Deathloop got pushed to nearly 2022 (September I think?) and AFAIK Bethesda and Zenimax don't have a goddamn thing coming out this year otherwise announced, other than the yearly TESO expansion. It'd be pretty wild to have a conference to show nothing so probably either Starfield or some left field spin off announcement on Doom or TES.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm betting a decent showing of Starfield and perhaps news on TES. They just got bought by Microsoft, though, so they can probably just chalk any delays up to covid and being acquired and integrated and just keep their heads low this year if they want.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Come to think of it I think they did just fold the Bethesda thing into Microsoft's, this year? So yeah probably a Starfield trailer and some minor stuff.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

So no one thinks Fable will be at E3 this year? Not even the rumors mention the game. Oh man.. maybe all they had for the new fable was literally just a logo and that 30 second CG or whatever when they announced it.

Here's to hoping that new final fantasy spinoff by the nioh developers gets announced and comes out soon.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Bethesda also has that Indiana Jones game right? Like every other property they have it's apparently a "long ways off" which kinda makes me wonder what Todd Howard and Bethesda have been doing since the last Fallout 4 DLC in 2016? This is the longest time they've gone without releasing a new open world game iirc.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Vorik posted:

So no one thinks Fable will be at E3 this year? Not even the rumors mention the game. Oh man.. maybe all they had for the new fable was literally just a logo and that 30 second CG or whatever when they announced it.

Just assume that every major IP is many years away.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vorik posted:

Here's to hoping that new final fantasy spinoff by the nioh developers gets announced and comes out soon.

I mean they've murdered two entire Fable spin off games by now, right? The weird co-op vs a DM one and then wasn't there rumors of a Fable 4 that got canned? Fable isn't exactly a property I think anyone is really clamoring to come back in the first place.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I still maintain this is the E3 of our dreams and there’ll be a New Vegas remake but there’ll be more than six songs. Xbox only though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They should instead remake one of the good Fallout games like uh... Tactics?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I played though fallout tactics again earlier this year and had a good time, I wouldn't mind a remake or even a sequel

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is a totally fine squad tactics game, I don't remember why people were up in arms about it back in the day but I assume it was the start of the whole mad about Fallout not being a proper RPG nonsense.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Vorik posted:

I don't think it will release this year but Playground Games have been working on it for a while so I imagine they'll have a little gameplay to show? Everyone thinks Forza Horizon 5 is releasing for some reason when it hasn't even been announced (but a new Forza Motorsport was announced last year with in-engine footage making it reasonable to expect we get some gameplay and a 2021 launch date this E3) but Playground Games has two teams now (one for Fable, one for Forza Horizon) and since they alternate Forza games between Horizon & Motorsport I think they'll be focused heavily on Fable until Motorsport has launched so they can do the yearly cycle between the Forza versions.

With Bethesda I think they'll announce Starfield and probably have an update segment for Fallout 76 since it seems to get a lot of support and then something unexpected like more Doom Eternal DLC or a new Wolfenstein game maybe, or perhaps something Quake-related? Deathloop will be amazing but I would be overjoyed if Arkane announced that they were starting work on a new Dishonored game.

Edit: Speaking of tactics games, it's too soon but a sequel to Gears Tactics would be awesome.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Orv posted:

It is a totally fine squad tactics game, I don't remember why people were up in arms about it back in the day but I assume it was the start of the whole mad about Fallout not being a proper RPG nonsense.

It was a non-RPG Fallout and didn't sell amazing and felt like the end of a franchise with a thing that long time fans didn't want. Plot isn't terrible and the tactics are solid

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i hope they announce a remake of fallout: brotherhood of steel with all new songs from slipknot, celldweller, and killswitch engage

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

at one point that game was scheduled for release in January of this year and like 8 weeks before launch they delayed it and they just keep delaying it I cannot imagine the trash-fire it was that made them delay it so close to launch and have it keep being delayed, it makes Halo Infinite feel downright prompt

edit: lol it was 6 weeks, they pushed it back from the original date of January 21st on loving December 8th and now it's just "2022" what a colossal gently caress-up Ubisoft has forgotten how to make good poo poo

The announce trailer got some pretty bad backlash, I wouldn’t be surprised if the delays are because they’re reworking the entire thing. https://youtu.be/htzq7EEXQs8

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

i hope they announce a remake of fallout: brotherhood of steel with all new songs from slipknot, celldweller, and killswitch engage

I appreciate Fallout 3 and New Vegas both referencing these

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
For anyone following Halo Infinite, the devs have confirmed that:

- Cosmetic unlocks won't have any kind of randomness involved
- Multiplayer will be based around having even starts (they see this as a core tenet of Halo multiplayer)

Someone on here referred to a 343i 'redemption arc' - I for one am a believer.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The new Forza is just called Forza Motorsport, so they’re probably dropping the bi-annual sequels and just supporting one game for the generation.

That’s pretty much what they started doing with 7, giving it a lot of updates like adding rules to make online racing more than just bumper cars with a pileup at the first corner

If most people are getting Xbox games through gamepass, there might not be much benefit to releasing separate full price games that just make the last one obsolete. I could never get invested in this series because all your progress (and DLC purchases) are wiped out by each new entry.

I know playground are busy with Fable, but with the Horizon series I think they need to update 4 with the maps from the first 3 games. They can’t even sell them anymore because the music and car licenses have expired, but the maps themselves belong to Microsoft (I think)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I still maintain this is the E3 of our dreams and there’ll be a New Vegas remake but there’ll be more than six songs. Xbox only though.

Josh Sawyer walks out onto the stage, leans in close to the mic and quietly says,"gently caress you: Suck my dick," and the crowd goes loving bananas with happiness.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SUNKOS posted:

Edit: Speaking of tactics games, it's too soon but a sequel to Gears Tactics would be awesome.
I really enjoyed Gears Tactics despite not caring about Gears, and despite its repetitiveness. I wouldn't mind if they applied that engine to other franchises, eg a Halo Tactics could be dope.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Viva Pinata 3

Come on goddamnit, I've been so good this year

Orv
May 4, 2011
The fact that we still don't have a Viva Piñata remaster is downright criminal.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wouldn't trust Rare with Viva Pinata. Microsoft should give it to one of the thousand studios it hoovered up in the last few years.

Orv
May 4, 2011

stev posted:

I wouldn't trust Rare with Viva Pinata. Microsoft should give it to one of the thousand studios it hoovered up in the last few years.

Presenting Arkane's Viva Piñata

(Not gonna lie hell yeah that'd be wild.)

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the sands of time remake is being developed by ubisoft's indian studios so while there's clearly been big development issues, i'm sure covid has been a huge part of those too & why it got pushed back so far because india has been especially badly hit. it's also the first game the studios have been the development leads on so there's probably issues from that too.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

DC Murderverse posted:

The backlash to the graphics was really bad and I wouldn't be surprised if they're just going to redo virtually all the assets.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My (probably extremely erroneous) impression of Ubisoft is that it's just one giant studio that happens that have hundreds of people placed all over the world working in concert. I have no idea why I'd have this impression, I just remember starting the credits of Assassin's Creed Revelation and suddenly it was two weeks later and my hands were covered in blood.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
ubisoft has a lot of studios all over the world, and some of them are gigantic on their own, with thousands of employees at a single studio. their biggest titles will have like, 8+ studios credited - the latest assassin's creed had 15. there's usually one studio that's leading development with the rest being support. smaller titles like the sands of time remake, will only have a few (in that case it's their two indian studios), but even like just dance games can have like 5 studios credited

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eY1PxiuNoM

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Honestly that Sands of Time remake trailer looked fine. Not for a game scheduled to be released in 2021 maybe, but as long as it wasn't full price it would get a solid OK from me.

Who am I kidding it's going to be a solid $60.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It's time for the world to suck it up and admit that Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was a good game that needs a sequel.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's time to bring back mfing Twisted Metal

Orv
May 4, 2011
Car combat died for a reason. :colbert:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6onvrUjO8eE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhB61jwkbM

https://store.steampowered.com/app/355400/Diesel_Guns/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

another event

https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1402249050532024321

does capcom really have that little going on? i know deep down they must have some other project...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Capcom has has a pretty stacked first half of 2020, I can forgive them for having a less eventful second half.

Interesting that they list news for Village. Perhaps some DLC is in the works?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

does capcom really have that little going on? i know deep down they must have some other project...

was hoping for dragon's dogma 2 to be confirmed from the leak but I might have to give that one up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

That loving Sned posted:

The new Forza is just called Forza Motorsport, so they’re probably dropping the bi-annual sequels and just supporting one game for the generation.

That’s pretty much what they started doing with 7, giving it a lot of updates like adding rules to make online racing more than just bumper cars with a pileup at the first corner

If most people are getting Xbox games through gamepass, there might not be much benefit to releasing separate full price games that just make the last one obsolete. I could never get invested in this series because all your progress (and DLC purchases) are wiped out by each new entry.

I know playground are busy with Fable, but with the Horizon series I think they need to update 4 with the maps from the first 3 games. They can’t even sell them anymore because the music and car licenses have expired, but the maps themselves belong to Microsoft (I think)

Yeah bi-annual is probably too much anyways. We've seen how games suffer when they come out with a new version every year, it just doesn't work. Supporting one good game over 4 years is way more preferable to me.

As far as triple A Motorsport 8 is probably the game I'm looking forward to most, even though I never got into Forza motorsport 7 at all, more of a Project Cars/Assetto Corsa guy. But I'm eager to get into it with 8.

Overall though just as happy or more to see a bunch of new indie games, I love simple games, or retro games, or games that just do one thing decently or cleverly. That Guerilla games showcase maybe wasn't as great as it could've been, but there was some good looking stuff in there.