Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Big jar of homemade kimchi from a local Korean place I found some weeks ago :kimchi:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shellception posted:

Big jar of homemade kimchi from a local Korean place I found some weeks ago :kimchi:.

No I think it's meant to be the c---OHHH we're back to purchase-posting, sorry sorry!

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

Shellception posted:

Please report to the fart thread

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No I think it's meant to be the c---OHHH we're back to purchase-posting, sorry sorry!

Sorry for derailing the derail, I don't really drink coffee :ohdear:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Time to get rocking again. :rock:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

that's a nice looking electric kit, which model/where from?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

JPrime posted:

that's a nice looking electric kit, which model/where from?

Alesis Command X kit. got it from Musician's Friend, it was on sale for Memorial Day for $200 off the normal price.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got a Yamaha branded hat.

It's flex fix so I don't have a hole to stick my crazy fingers in (trichotillomania), feels pretty nice, and I can represent BRAND.

They probably made the hat for the motorcycles but most of my musical instruments and my amp are Yamaha. All their stuff is high quality at a very fair price and I really like it when companies don't go out of their way to gently caress me over. If I only can have one version of a type of instrument, I'm probably getting it from them because it's almost always a solid choice.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

skooma512 posted:

I got a Yamaha branded hat.

It's flex fix so I don't have a hole to stick my crazy fingers in (trichotillomania), feels pretty nice, and I can represent BRAND.

They probably made the hat for the motorcycles but most of my musical instruments and my amp are Yamaha. All their stuff is high quality at a very fair price and I really like it when companies don't go out of their way to gently caress me over. If I only can have one version of a type of instrument, I'm probably getting it from them because it's almost always a solid choice.

I think I posted this before but I'll post again: I'm never buying another Yamaha bass. I got an RBX-170 as my first bass and I hate it. The build quality is incredibly poor. I had to replace one of the tubing machines after only light use, and they used some cheap one that I couldn't find a replacement for, so I ended up having to replace all of them and had to drill the headstock because the old machines used a hole pattern no one else did. The pockets around the pickups were massive. The pots came loose, the jack came loose. The saddles suck. And this is again all from light use, I barely played it because it just wasn't comfortable to play. Really soured me on Yamaha instruments.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Their digital pianos and motorcycles are dope though.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My normal RGX guitar is pretty, pretty good for its price range :shrug:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Are these things still impossible to find because there's like 1000 in existence?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I was picking up two $5 bookcases off craigslist a few weeks back and driving through the person's neighborhood, someone had a bunch of trash left on the curb for pickup, and among it was a Rock Band drum set with the cymbals. Even if it was non-functional I kind of regret not slamming on the brakes and throwing it in my car just to test it. At the least cymbals don't have much in the way of moving parts, just plastic and the sensor, so they were probably fine.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:yeah: the movie is better but still cool.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

LifeSunDeath posted:

They should remake all Stephen King movies with Arnold as the lead.

I said that forgetting that 30 years have gone by. Maybe don’t do that.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

LifeSunDeath posted:

first edition bachman print before the king connection got exposed :D

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rolo posted:

They should remake all Stephen King movies with Arnold as the lead.

The man in black fled across the desert and the terminator followed.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Just purchased my first ever Verizon phone. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G UW.

It is leagues better than this prepaid phone I had for years. 150 dollars a month with insurance, upgrade plan, Unlimited 5G, and more. This phone is niiice.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A little half frame camera to have some fun with Olympus Pen EE

A small medium format camera with a coupled rangefinder made in 1937, Plaubel Roll-Op

The Roll-Op needs some repairs and a service but I'll excuse it for being an octogenarian.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

OniPanda posted:

I think I posted this before but I'll post again: I'm never buying another Yamaha bass. I got an RBX-170 as my first bass and I hate it. The build quality is incredibly poor. I had to replace one of the tubing machines after only light use, and they used some cheap one that I couldn't find a replacement for, so I ended up having to replace all of them and had to drill the headstock because the old machines used a hole pattern no one else did. The pockets around the pickups were massive. The pots came loose, the jack came loose. The saddles suck. And this is again all from light use, I barely played it because it just wasn't comfortable to play. Really soured me on Yamaha instruments.

Aw man that sucks.

TBF, there's probably a reason why I don't hear too much about their basses. Their guitars yes, all the time, not so much their basses.

I got a BB-234 from them. Seems well put together, but I'm also not a bass main so I could be totally wrong.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Had some BezoBucks and bought a pair of Edifier S2000MKIII for the TV/record player :dance:. SO stoked to be ditching this loving soundbar I never thought I'd have for more than a few months time.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

skooma512 posted:

Aw man that sucks.

TBF, there's probably a reason why I don't hear too much about their basses. Their guitars yes, all the time, not so much their basses.

I got a BB-234 from them. Seems well put together, but I'm also not a bass main so I could be totally wrong.

Yamaha’s Folk Guitar acoustic series is :discourse:

Great loving guitar, I really loved the thing. Even after buying nicer guitars I regert selling it to make room.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

OSU_Matthew posted:

Yamaha’s Folk Guitar acoustic series is :discourse:

Great loving guitar, I really loved the thing. Even after buying nicer guitars I regert selling it to make room.

Sell other things to make room for more guitars

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

More patches for various things

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Megabound posted:

Are those real or joke patches?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Those are all real DEA patch designs. They were on some poo poo and made drugs looks sick as hell.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 08:37 on Jun 8, 2021

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I'm always amazed at this obsession with skulls in US armed forces.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I'm always amazed at this obsession with skulls in US armed forces.

Well, OTOH, skulls are cool as hell

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Megabound posted:

I have some of those patches in my collection too and a raving grim reaper 'Predatory Drugs' patch on the back of my current battle jacket

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Old parking meter.

Going to either turn it into a coin bank, or place it outside my house and see if I can make a few dollars.*

*Hmmm...I'm the only one who parks in front of my house...maybe I should put it in front of my neighbor's house.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

^^ I'd get one to remind me of ^^

The patch chat reminds me, I want to get this patch or sticker -

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

colas posted:

^^ I'd get one to remind me of ^^

The patch chat reminds me, I want to get this patch or sticker -

Whoah, that’s weird… I literally just bought this as a challenge coin yesterday. I was scrolling back through old memes and was wondering if anyone actually made it, and sure enough, it’s for sale!

I’m not very good with money…

Also pre-ordered Cults 10th anniversary re-release signed vinyl, which I’m really excited about because I wasn’t into vinyl when I saw them at a CD101 show almost ten years ago and I regret all those shows where I didn’t get signed merch. It’s like buying magnets while traveling, I love having that tangible reminder

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Also pre-ordered Cults 10th anniversary re-release signed vinyl, which I’m really excited about because I wasn’t into vinyl when I saw them at a CD101 show almost ten years ago and I regret all those shows where I didn’t get signed merch. It’s like buying magnets while traveling, I love having that tangible reminder

Oh hey, look at this thing I need to buy. Sold out on that one, but still had gold. Cool.

Also grabbed Macross82-99 A Million Miles Away reissue picture disc a couple of weeks back, and a copy of The Frights' first record, which was a bit pricey but it's so good.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Jun 10, 2021

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Hell yeah, was just listening to that album last night. Put myself down for one of the not-yet-sold-out gold ones :cheers:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hell yeah music posts:

Rilo Kiley

Devil Makes Three

Limited Silversun Pickups

Super cool First Aid Kit

Preorder of the 20th ann. remix of Origin of Symmetry

Goose

GOOOOOSE

The Goose album just dropped the other day I recommend checking it out.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Vinyl is such a neat thing to have (and really pretty nowadays), its just a shame I can't really justify it given I'd still basically always listen to music digitally out of convenience.

Also I can't wait to hear the XX remix

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
vinyls, eh? I have one, just the one, of my own, anyways. mom's still got her original vinyls from when she was a kid. But when I saw this was available and had the scratch, I had to get it, just as a display piece. Heresy, I know. The sleeve is super slick, with a full metallic lenticular design of a magma block, the camera flash managed to pick up the entirety of the image, but it doesn't really all show up at once to the naked eye.

quite a stylish disc design, too.

Volume Beta has one of my single favorite pieces of music on it and one of the main reasons I wanted to pick up the vinyl(in addition to supporting C418 who is a cool fella); Alpha, the epilogue music for Minecraft that to me, represents a single day in Minecraft. from morning, to prep, to setting out on adventure, to combat and danger, to exhaustion and returning home, to going to sleep. It's a beautiful piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCGM7FJ8wQ

I'm glad I picked it up when I did, seems it's sold out everywhere now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Achievement Unlocked: Buy a house.

Had to break in the new backyard appropriately with a mimosa preroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Achievement Unlocked: Buy a house.

Had to break in the new backyard appropriately with a mimosa preroll.

Been seeing you on these forums for yearssssssss now, glad you got a house! Congrats!