Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Also from over a week ago, but the Eddie Kingston WOR was fun, but has some weird things. Kingston talking about how he "needed to get out of his own way" seemed to mean "don't be a combative dick all the time backstage".

And he gave a great list of his dream matches (Tanahashi, Ishii, Jun Akiyama), and then said he wasn't going to ask for them - because if he has to ask he hasn't earned it. I hear what he means, but like, he actually needs to get the ball rolling to have those matches occur. DDT wouldn't even think to have Kingston/Akiyama but it would be great, TK could help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

sleep with the vicious posted:

This is why normal people don't buy into the woke twitter Dave hatred for the record. Just another weird bad faith bad take from another over serious weirdo

Dave does say a fair amount of stupid poo poo.

Lars was just trolling, Pollyanna isn't worthy of being interviewed, the mob went after Bruce, etc.

What hurts the case is people with a grudge overdoing it. Well, that and absolute weirdos like DVD or whatever his name is.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Kingston has been consistently humble his whole career, he's put the miles in and I think he's earned at least a couple dream matches. Maybe not against Tanahashi but Akiyama is definitely in the realm of possibility. He was over the moon when he got his last dream match (against Masato Tanaka)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shayna Baszler posted:

which metal is the sex metal? probably gallium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u96tYuv2Zk

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shayna Baszler posted:

which metal is the sex metal? probably gallium.

come on, it's so obviously tungsten

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I laughed.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1401987384498016263

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

collocation posted:

Dave does say a fair amount of stupid poo poo.

Lars was just trolling, Pollyanna isn't worthy of being interviewed, the mob went after Bruce, etc.

What hurts the case is people with a grudge overdoing it. Well, that and absolute weirdos like DVD or whatever his name is.

Dave also has a woe is me thing to him and will tear apart anyone even with a valid critique, so the discourse surrounding him has some people feeling like anybody that ever goes after him is taking him out of context and a hater and just wants to poo poo on Dave and they WWE shill or a cornette fan etc. Dave has repeatedly said questionable things about brown people (i am one, it sticks out) that's not debatable. I truly mean it when I say I look forward to his Cardi B coverage and the clusterfuck that could end up.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

SexMetalBarbie posted:

Dave also has a woe is me thing to him and will tear apart anyone even with a valid critique, so the discourse surrounding him has some people feeling like anybody that ever goes after him is taking him out of context and a hater and just wants to poo poo on Dave and they WWE shill or a cornette fan etc. Dave has repeatedly said questionable things about brown people (i am one, it sticks out) that's not debatable. I truly mean it when I say I look forward to his Cardi B coverage and the clusterfuck that could end up.

Raised in a Christian Science household and tempered by enormous success and epic failures, Hetfield’s vision and voice shines a light in the bleak musical landscape of the modern music scene. With this in mind, here are my five questions for James Hetfield.

1.) One of your most painful yet insightful lyrics is from “The God That Failed” in which you attribute the death of your mom to her belief that she would be miraculously healed instead of seeking treatment from doctors: “The healing hand held back by the deepened nail… follow the God that failed.”

What would your life look like today if the healing hand was not held back by the deepened nail and your mom was miraculously healed?

2.) Your lyrics started out as angst-ridden commentaries on society, politics, and religious corruption, but evolved over the years to be more about personal pain, addiction, isolation, fame, loss and death.

How has the struggle of dealing with pain, addiction, fame and celebrity, combined with the influence of a wife and children, changed the way you look at the world? Do you still see a need for music to provide a commentary on social, political and religious problems of the day?

3.) You have sold more records than most bands and accomplished more than most people can ever dream of. You have fortune, fame, and a life that in many ways is the ideal standard for America’s definition of success. You could easily quit, retire and live off the royalties of your past accomplishments.

What is the driving force for you to continue writing new songs and kicking the collective rear end of your audience with an explosive live set year after year?

4.) If Cliff Burton (Metallica’s bass player from Kill Em All to Master Of Puppets) had lived instead of tragically dying in the prime of his life, would Metallica be as successful today? What do you think Cliff would have to say about the Metallica journey of the past 25 years since his death?

5.) Your legacy through Metallica is firmly established and you’re a living legend.

What legacy do you hope to leave through the relationship with your family, specifically your children?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Mob posted:

Raised in a Christian Science household and tempered by enormous success and epic failures, Hetfield’s vision and voice shines a light in the bleak musical landscape of the modern music scene. With this in mind, here are my five questions for James Hetfield.

1.) One of your most painful yet insightful lyrics is from “The God That Failed” in which you attribute the death of your mom to her belief that she would be miraculously healed instead of seeking treatment from doctors: “The healing hand held back by the deepened nail… follow the God that failed.”

What would your life look like today if the healing hand was not held back by the deepened nail and your mom was miraculously healed?

2.) Your lyrics started out as angst-ridden commentaries on society, politics, and religious corruption, but evolved over the years to be more about personal pain, addiction, isolation, fame, loss and death.

How has the struggle of dealing with pain, addiction, fame and celebrity, combined with the influence of a wife and children, changed the way you look at the world? Do you still see a need for music to provide a commentary on social, political and religious problems of the day?

3.) You have sold more records than most bands and accomplished more than most people can ever dream of. You have fortune, fame, and a life that in many ways is the ideal standard for America’s definition of success. You could easily quit, retire and live off the royalties of your past accomplishments.

What is the driving force for you to continue writing new songs and kicking the collective rear end of your audience with an explosive live set year after year?

4.) If Cliff Burton (Metallica’s bass player from Kill Em All to Master Of Puppets) had lived instead of tragically dying in the prime of his life, would Metallica be as successful today? What do you think Cliff would have to say about the Metallica journey of the past 25 years since his death?

5.) Your legacy through Metallica is firmly established and you’re a living legend.

What legacy do you hope to leave through the relationship with your family, specifically your children?

what the actual gently caress is this. I'm unsure what I'm even meant to say to this, are you okay? did you reply to the wrong person? perhaps on the wrong board entirely?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

SexMetalBarbie posted:

what the actual gently caress is this. I'm unsure what I'm even meant to say to this, are you okay? did you reply to the wrong person? perhaps on the wrong board entirely?

Sorry Yuka that was meant for someone else

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Mob posted:

Sorry Yuka that was meant for someone else

Who the hell is Yuka, this is equally as confusing, less effort at least, but confusing nonetheless.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did anyone listen to the Talk is Jericho with the Elvis Impersonator? It was a really fun look into a different side of music than Jericho normally would, but one he's still passionate about.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

MassRafTer posted:

Did anyone listen to the Talk is Jericho with the Elvis Impersonator? It was a really fun look into a different side of music than Jericho normally would, but one he's still passionate about.

was the impersonator named Danny? if not that's a shame.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

quote:

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer is back with tons to talk about including the death of Angel O Demonio to COVID, Dominion recap and fallout, Bret Hart documentary thoughts, ratings, NXT and AEW previews, Total Bellas, Mayweather vs. Logan Paul, Ariel Helwani, and, gently caress, RAW. A packed show, so check it out~!

and, gently caress,

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dave talking about Baszler wanting to make it in wrestling as contrast to whatever it is she's doing now was the most clear-headed, well-spoken he's sounded in years. That Lily segment was that bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"I watched it twice."
"WHY!?!"
"I wanted to be sure I actually saw what I thought I saw."
"How could you forget!?!"

For both Dave and Bryan, watching Raw is their job. I absolutely believe though that even if Dave wasn't being paid for it/writing the Observer anymore, he'd probably still watch anyway just out of horrified fascination. Bryan would embrace freedom the moment it was offered to him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjAkrbumKWQ

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

"I watched it twice."
"WHY!?!"
"I wanted to be sure I actually saw what I thought I saw."
"How could you forget!?!"

For both Dave and Bryan, watching Raw is their job. I absolutely believe though that even if Dave wasn't being paid for it/writing the Observer anymore, he'd probably still watch anyway just out of horrified fascination. Bryan would embrace freedom the moment it was offered to him.
Isn't Bryan rewatching WCW? I'm not convinced he would stop watching Raw.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1402398422922141698

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m concerned about Bryan’s anti-shower views.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Isn't Bryan rewatching WCW? I'm not convinced he would stop watching Raw.

WCW is dead and buried so he probably feels safe. WWE just keeps on lumbering along in a horrifying, shambling mockery of life.

Sometimes.... dead is bettah.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

WCW is dead and buried so he probably feels safe. WWE just keeps on lumbering along in a horrifying, shambling mockery of life.

Sometimes.... dead is bettah.

WWE is the TNA to AEWs WWE

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave peaking the mic when arguing with Bryan, that's a first.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is Mark Henry's story about getting Daniel Bryan into WWE legit? He sounds like he's full of poo poo for most of this podcast (Renee's).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Dave peaking the mic when arguing with Bryan, that's a first.

Is it bad that I kind of wanted them to just throw out the rest of the report and spend the rest of the show arguing that point? :allears:

It was kinda neat to see an exhausted, tired Bryan perking up and going,"No this time I'm not letting him steamroller me, I'm gonna die on this hill!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Is it bad that I kind of wanted them to just throw out the rest of the report and spend the rest of the show arguing that point? :allears:

It was kinda neat to see an exhausted, tired Bryan perking up and going,"No this time I'm not letting him steamroller me, I'm gonna die on this hill!"

What was the argument?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Something about the end of an NXT match, Ember laying out Gonzalez. Brian thought it was pointless to do the match if the whole angle was gonna be post-match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

What was the argument?

Apparently Ember Moon had a long match with Dakota Kai that ended in a DQ when Gonzalez ran down to attack Ember, and Ember managed to take her out. Bryan said the match ended up feeling like a complete waste of time and they should have let Ember beat Dakota first to give her some credibility as a potential threat, then did the attack afterwards. Dave argued that nobody will remember or care about the match itself, just that Ember Moon was standing tall at the end.

They got VERY animated about this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Dave argued that nobody will remember or care about the match itself,

He’s right

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Bryan was arguing why not make Ember, a weak challenger who no one thinks can beat Gonzalez, look stronger by giving her the W against Dakota.

Dave's argument was basically:

Match = Important
Finish = Not important at all, who cares
Angle afterwards where Ember lays out Gonzalez = Very, very important

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It was also argument #42948 that was essentially

Dave: This is the booking mindset at WWE, and if you're booking with these parameters they did their job.
Bryan: But it's stupid and there are better ways to do things.
Dave: Based on what they want to do, they executed that perfectly well.
Bryan: But it's stupid!
Dave: No, if you're trying to do what they wanted to do, they did it really well.
Bryan: NO IT'S BAD
Dave: THEY DID IT WELL
[repeat last two lines for 3-5 minutes]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You forgot the part where Dave admits it's dumb but shrugs because it's what Vince/Hunter/NBC want

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dave going full Kirk Van Houten

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently Ember Moon had a long match with Dakota Kai that ended in a DQ when Gonzalez ran down to attack Ember, and Ember managed to take her out. Bryan said the match ended up feeling like a complete waste of time and they should have let Ember beat Dakota first to give her some credibility as a potential threat, then did the attack afterwards. Dave argued that nobody will remember or care about the match itself, just that Ember Moon was standing tall at the end.

They got VERY animated about this.

This is not a hill I would twist my ankle on, let alone die on.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Lid posted:

for fucks sake just ban him, its James Hetfield rereg

No, it certainly isn't

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

80s James Hetfield posted:

No, it certainly isn't

Do you know who these are? It looks like braun strowman pulled apart from his own soul?

Tell me if oyu know

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don’t think this was public knowledge but on the former iconics podcast, the one that meltzer had talked about, revealed that they had been dealing with a eating disorder for five years.