Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Would help avoid the situation with the BLM bundle where they had to go in after the fact and remove the game where you played as George Floyd trying to avoid being choked to death...

what the: fuckin; uh... jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The 7th Guest posted:

These games have been submitted to the bundle but it is still up to the organizer to actually add them in:

Baba is You
Celeste
Towerfall (+ Dark World)
Jotun
Sundered
Tamashii
Fossil Echo
Forma8
Word Forward
Tonight We Riot
Stars Die
Lyne

Really? Some of those I really want. Mostly Celeste.

So they're definitely going to be added you're saying? That's dope. Maybe I'll drop another 5 on em if I get these

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Instead of sitting down and digging into Horizon yesterday (I finally made it to Meridian, doing some exploring and side-questing around there), I spent most of my morning playing Mini Metro and listening to podcasts while doing laundry. It's really good and chill and totally worth getting the bundle for.

Count of Monte Carlo is a blackjack game with NES-style graphics and kind of an rpg/adventure element to it, sort of. You play against opponents and chips represent hp. Your first opponent is a mouse in a hat, and the second one is a dude with a speed metal soundtrack. You have a limited number of cards (not sure what happens when you run out, probably game over) and in between matches, you can buy bonuses/abilities with your chips (one I got was "if both players bust, it's considered a push instead").

I think Forgetful Loop was mentioned in the thread. It's a puzzle game about trying to fix an unstable time machine. I haven't played much of it, because during the 3rd level, the game froze up (just as the text "Whoops..." appeared on screen, so I wasn't sure if it was part of the game at first) and I had to kill it from the task manager. Haven't gone back yet since I have so many other games to try first, but it seemed neat.

8 Links is another simple chill puzzle game. Place tiles to link them together in a 4x4 grid, trying to get as big a combo as possible before banking your points, clearing your tiles, and repeating. It's simple and relaxing. Like Mini Metro, it would be great for a quick-break phone game.

Beacon might have been from the BLM bundle but it's kinda like a budget SYNTHETIK. You kill enemies in randomized-but-similar-looking levels, kinda like SYNTHETIK. The big quirk of the game is the DNA mods, which are used between levels (or between deaths) to upgrade your character. Each DNA mod (you can "install" up to 5, at least at the start) can also get a random mutation, which can be good or bad (or both). My first run, I got a mutation where my body rejected one of my cyber-arms so I could only use one-handed weapons (no visual change to the character that I noticed, though), and another one that turned the dodge-roll into a dash move with a smaller range but sets enemies on fire if they're caught in the path. It seems like there will be a few side-grades like that, but I haven't gotten too far yet so I haven't seen much yet.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 8, 2021

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Black Griffon posted:

what the: fuckin; uh... jesus loving christ

The more surprising thing about that is that there was definitely an extremely non-zero number of people who threw a tantrum over the removal.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Mr Scumbag posted:

The more surprising thing about that is that there was definitely an extremely non-zero number of people who threw a tantrum over the removal.

I hate this for me, but I'm not surprised at all if I'm honest.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

OK I mentioned it earlier but the Steam Next Fest is what they're calling their indie festivals now, because they also want to include larger games too I guess?

It'll be running from June 16th - June 22nd (which will then be followed up by the Steam Summer Sale soon afterward), and of course is a bunch of game demos

I've looked at the trailers and these games will have demos in the festival:

Action:
Fallen Aces
Grimes
Industria
ProtoCorgi (it's good)
Rogue Spirit

Adventure:
Omno
The Gap
Brok the Investigator (beat-em-up/point n click hybrid)
Leif's Adventure
Sable (Mobius Breath of the Wild)

RPG:
Glitched
Cris Tales
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
Rogue Lords
Lost Eidolon

Puzzle
Inscryption
Get Together: A Co-op Adventure
Rainbow Billy
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows
Toem

Platformer
Faerie Afterlight
Guinea Pig Parkour
Super Magbot
They Always Run
Tiny Thor

Strategy
Spiritle
Void Tyrant
War Mongrels
Warhammer 40K: Battlesector
Project Haven

VR:
Into the Darkness
Sam & Max: This Time it's Virtual
Against
Outlier
Undead Citidel

as a reminder the festival will actually have hundreds of demos, these are just the ones Valve thought were worth spotlighting in their trailers. Obviously Ys IX, Sable, WH40K, and Sam & Max will interest people here. But I'm also interested in Industria, Super Magbot, Guinea Pig Parkour, The Gap, and Rainbow Billy.

Play posted:

Really? Some of those I really want. Mostly Celeste.

So they're definitely going to be added you're saying? That's dope. Maybe I'll drop another 5 on em if I get these
Toma on ResetEra is one of the moderators of the bundle that have been vetting games. They said this: "They stated they will add more games from the game submissions. I think they'll be added with 1-2 days to go."

But just to be clear, the real reason to support the bundle is the cause. If you are poor or having trouble with money, spreading the word about it is just as useful as donating, so don't feel pressured to spend necessarily.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 8, 2021

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Impermanent posted:

yea are those devs still on it? don't feel great about recc'ing this if the nazi still works on it.

From a few pages back but the Brigador shithead is, in fact, back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/brigador/comments/noqizj/anyone_have_any_news_on_brigador_killers_all_i/h0cer5i/

quote:

My brother took an extended leave of absence but has now returned

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

God damnit.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

Palestine bundle is at $482K, very close to their $500K goal, which is rad.

the BLM bundle raised 8.1 million dollars, but bear in mind that, well, gaming publications could actually promote the BLM bundle at the time. it was considered 'ok' for big corps and brands to tweet a blackout picture and give cheap lip service to the slogan. it was on the forefront of everyone's minds because of all the coverage and all the publicity. Palestine bundle on the other hand can't be covered, for example, by IGN or GameInformer, because of their corporate owners being pro-Israel. and the American public is going to be much more divided on this issue because of all the whitewashing and hemming and hawing going on.

i mean, not having a headliner like Night in the Woods probably doesn't help, but it's just a harder topic for mainstream media to circle the wagons for, easier for people to ignore or outright reject.

anyway. from what it sounds like, those games I mentioned before (celeste, towerfall, jotun, etc) WILL get added to the bundle, and the submission thread is still open, but i assume after the 11th they'll cut it off. but they might not get added until the bundle is over, since this is an indie dev doing this almost on their own. if anything else notable gets submitted i'll give a heads up

To be fair, I've seen quite a few gaming publications post articles about the new bundle. The comment sections have been horrible but in a new and interesting way.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks for the reminder not to buy Killers

Orv
May 4, 2011

I mostly watched the thread implode from the outside but I honestly did not get the impression that the other brother was all that interested in condemning the nazi dude beyond like a boilerplate "Yo we hosed up, we'll do better." That plus the fact that the three of them (I think it was three?) lived and worked in hyper close proximity for a year plus crunching on the game, while you're not necessarily tracking what someone is posting on some internet forum even if you spend every day next to them, those opinions are definitely gonna come out in a year of super close living with people you're comfortable with.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Wtf, were they even going to announce that? That's trash

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 8, 2021

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Orv posted:

I mostly watched the thread implode from the outside but I honestly did not get the impression that the other brother was all that interested in condemning the nazi dude beyond like a boilerplate "Yo we hosed up, we'll do better." That plus the fact that the three of them (I think it was three?) lived and worked in hyper close proximity for a year plus crunching on the game, while you're not necessarily tracking what someone is posting on some internet forum even if you spend every day next to them, those opinions are definitely gonna come out in a year of super close living with people you're comfortable with.

I probably just nuked my reddit account over this, but I responded to the dev there and asked them to do something, ANYTHING to show that Brigador isn't made by transphobes. If they can do that then I'll try giving them the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise it'll have to stay in the bin of shame with Battle Brothers.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Feeling a little heated if they weren't even going to announce he was back

Edit: Clearing most of this post. I just hope Jack changed

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 12, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

Toma on ResetEra is one of the moderators of the bundle that have been vetting games. They said this: "They stated they will add more games from the game submissions. I think they'll be added with 1-2 days to go."

But just to be clear, the real reason to support the bundle is the cause. If you are poor or having trouble with money, spreading the word about it is just as useful as donating, so don't feel pressured to spend necessarily.

Yeah I get it! I'm neither rich nor hurting for money, adding games, especially a game I really want just ups the usefulness of the bundle and makes me want to donate a little more. These developers are donating their own work for me to play, so putting in a small extra donation to a cause I also happen to believe in seems appropriate enough.

RBA Starblade posted:

Thanks for the reminder not to buy Killers

Just pirate it. Playing the game but not paying for it seems like a very elegant solution, all things considered.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

lunar detritus posted:

I really don't recommend doing that, you'll never be able to find anything in your library.

As somebody else pointed out, this sounds nuts to me; if you're picking out games you like and want to play, surely it's easier to find them with itch's robust searching and filtering features:

than going through thirty-off unmarked and unsorted pages. You can, of course, also filter by installed content, so once the job of finding cool poo poo is done you can never think about the other stuff again if you so desire it. (Until it's time to install something new and specific that you got, but that's not an issue at all)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Play posted:

Just pirate it. Playing the game but not paying for it seems like a very elegant solution, all things considered.

That's valid but so is not wanting to play something at all when it's made by such reprehensible fuckheads. People should do what they feel on that front.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea I also posted asking the developer what the gently caress they're thinking just quietly rehiring him and hoping no one would notice or care. Especially given that gauss and the devs seemed more "sorry he got caught" than anything else and refused to talk about it beyond a boilerplate apology.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
This thread has way too much drama about non-game-related stuff.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I probably just nuked my reddit account over this, but I responded to the dev there and asked them to do something, ANYTHING to show that Brigador isn't made by transphobes. If they can do that then I'll try giving them the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise it'll have to stay in the bin of shame with Battle Brothers.

Maybe that Brigador has several trans pilots? Or at least they seem trans to me. Also the agender one.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Yea I also posted asking the developer what the gently caress they're thinking just quietly rehiring him and hoping no one would notice or care. Especially given that gauss and the devs seemed more "sorry he got caught" than anything else and refused to talk about it beyond a boilerplate apology.

If the brother can keep his transphobia out of the game, who cares. I'm sick and tired of this constant outrage culture.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Ambaire posted:

Maybe that Brigador has several trans pilots? Or at least they seem trans to me. Also the agender one.

If the brother can keep his transphobia out of the game, who cares.
Uh, the brother spent years posting heinous poo poo on a 'private' forum, not just transphobia but racism/various slurs and holocaust denial, up to the minute he got outed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

loving yuck.

also did a glance at other upcoming demos in the demo fest...

Harmony's Odyssey

Diorama-based tile sliding puzzler by the developer of Hexologic. has some gorgeous color theory

Soundodger2

Rhythm bullet-avoidance game, it's the sequel to a once very popular AdultSwim.com game.

Agent 64

"A retro FPS inspired by classic British shooters such as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and TimeSplitters. Explore new locales, accomplish varied objectives and fight against state-of-the-art 1997 enemy AI."

Road 96

By the developer of Valiant Hearts (UbiArts WW1 game). A road-trip CYOA game with a lot of choices and different routes to take.

Death Trash

"Death Trash features a world where cosmic horrors long for humanity but meet punks with shotguns." Single-player ARPG with melee/ranged combat, stealth, crafting and skill trees. it promises hand-crafted levels so hopefully they're NOT trash!

LOVE 3

The third in the LOVE trilogy by Fred Wood (who also made Pulstario). These are cute little micro-pixel platformers blown up big.

Haven Park

Take over your Grandma's park and fulfill camper's wishes. Could be a cute little mini experience akin to A Short Hike.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ambaire posted:

If the brother can keep his transphobia out of the game, who cares.

gently caress off, idiot.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Orv posted:

Or this. Go back to 4chan to whine about 'outrage culture' with your chud buddies or something.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ambaire posted:

If the brother can keep his transphobia out of the game, who cares. I'm sick and tired of this constant outrage culture.

Trans rights are human rights and you can gently caress right off with this. It's not outrage to demand that everyone gets a fair shot.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Orv posted:

Why do you think I am an idiot?

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Or this. Go back to 4chan to whine about 'outrage culture' with your chud buddies or something.

gently caress 4chan. It's probably the dumbest forum on this planet.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ambaire posted:

you know you can just not post. no one cares. shut up lol

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

StrixNebulosa posted:

Trans rights are human rights and you can gently caress right off with this. It's not outrage to demand that everyone gets a fair shot.

My biggest regret is joining this dumbass forum. If I could delete my account, I would. Goons are a bunch of pathetic idiots.

Fun fact: the name Ambaire is probably my biggest shame. I was originally trying to name an Eve pilot 'Amber' for some stupid reason, but it was obviously taken, so I did this abomination. And then I've spent 11 years living with it.

gently caress all of you retards.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Ambaire posted:

Why do you think I am an idiot?

gently caress 4chan. It's probably the dumbest forum on this planet.
Because your response to "one of the developers was posting nazi poo poo for years" was "idc it's not in the game". It's profoundly stupid, tone-deaf, and shows that you're either a massive idiot or need to rethink your priorities.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[devs bring back team member who posted literal nazi heil hitler holocaust denial genocide poo poo] yall mad about this? sick of this outrage culture and drama.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ambaire posted:

My biggest regret is joining this dumbass forum. If I could delete my account, I would. Goons are a bunch of pathetic idiots.

Fun fact: the name Ambaire is probably my biggest shame. I was originally trying to name an Eve pilot 'Amber' for some stupid reason, but it was obviously taken, so I did this abomination. And then I've spent 11 years living with it.

you can delete your account very easily. simply ask a mod for a permaban. please do it quickly

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Ambaire posted:

Orrrr you're just a transphobe and an abelist who doesn't like getting outed as such. Bye!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

StrixNebulosa posted:

stay in the bin of shame with Battle Brothers.

WHAT?!

I'll have to look it up, but I suppose I did have to stop myself from playing battle brothers because it was just too loving random and hard. I don't like reloading saves and that game seems built with that in mind.

edit: ok, gently caress off then Ambaire

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well that was a remarkably fast mask off.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ambaire posted:

I'm sick and tired of this constant outrage culture.

Is this coming from the same person who wrote this gigantic suicide note in the middle of the Steam thread a year ago?

Seek professional help. Seriously. You're toxic to you and likely everyone around you. You need help.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

redreader posted:

WHAT?!

I'll have to look it up, but I suppose I did have to stop myself from playing battle brothers because it was just too loving random and hard. I don't like reloading saves and that game seems built with that in mind.
Yea the writers for the game are pretty huge chuds.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You know what's really cool?

https://itch.io/b/861/queer-games-bundle-2021
https://itch.io/b/862/queer-games-bundle-2021-pay-what-you-can-edition

Giant indie bundles full of weird things made by queer creators. You should check this out.

It has stuff like

https://onehundredthousand.itch.io/katjas-abyss-tactics - Advance Wars + Minesweeper
https://lowpolis.itch.io/purrsonline - Messenger app with cats!
https://transcenders.itch.io/knife-sisters - Visual novel about sex and occult rituals
https://darkchibishadow.itch.io/tomai - Visual novel about being gay, has AMAZING art
https://mxashlynn.itch.io/yurivania - Metroidvania about making a two-lady lovenest!
https://vnstudioelan.itch.io/highway-blossoms - More visual novels!

AND

https://bighandinsky.itch.io/forgetful-loop - Absolutely amazing puzzle game about reliving the same 30 seconds with only a few people realizing what's going on and trying to fix the giant time machine so they're not trapped in the same 30 seconds forever. Weird neat gameplay!

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Excited to try Inscryption-- it's Daniel Mullins' (pony island, the hex) new game and it looks weird, which I'm sure will come as a shock to anyone who has played his previous games.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

eve online j4g from a decade ago turns out to be reprehensible little poo poo, news at 11

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Ambaire posted:

Weird way to post an autoban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

the gamergater has arrived, lol

an owls casket posted:

Excited to try Inscryption-- it's Daniel Mullins' (pony island, the hex) new game and it looks weird, which I'm sure will come as a shock to anyone who has played his previous games.

This look cool. Love the steam description:

quote:

Inscryption is an inky black card-based odyssey that blends the deckbuilding roguelike, escape-room style puzzles, and psychological horror into a blood-laced smoothie. Darker still are the secrets inscrybed upon the cards...

Wishlisted and requested beta access.

Also, very strange game that just came out called Fuzz Dungeon. Looks like a very experimental and bizarre game but I'm kind of interested.

And one called My Child Lebensborn, which is an adoptive parent simulator type thing with a dark and realistic bent