Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Katamari Democracy posted:

Imagine playing arty

I remember the good old days of 2012/3 when the SU-26 had gold rounds that could oneshot regular tanks it faced, with the accuracy to reliably hit and penetrate. It's a pity that arty is no longer the hammer of God that it once was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Ambaire posted:

I remember the good old days of 2012/3 when the SU-26 had gold rounds that could oneshot regular tanks it faced, with the accuracy to reliably hit and penetrate. It's a pity that arty is no longer the hammer of God that it once was.

Best time for arty was at the end of Beta [I think] when you still had shell tracers right from the end of the barrel. Triple Hummel platoons were the biggest tear harvester going for counter battery shenanigans.

I honestly think Az, Spud and myself were the cause of the counter battery nerf :haw:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Burt posted:

Best time for arty was at the end of Beta [I think] when you still had shell tracers right from the end of the barrel. Triple Hummel platoons were the biggest tear harvester going for counter battery shenanigans.

I honestly think Az, Spud and myself were the cause of the counter battery nerf :haw:

I used way back in the day the S-51 (the can opener as we called it). Game was so different then...

When I was in otter there was an Arty player who I swear was not human. His ability to time and lead targets was a sight to behold. His map knowledge was incredible.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I remember how turning the arty without adjusting aim wouldn't bloom the reticle (holding rmb maybe?), so even high tier arty could rapidly turn and accurately fire somewhere at the other end of the map. Has that changed?

I still haven't played since at least 4 years ago. Been thinking about getting back in but then I remember raging at pubbies and think staying away would be better for my health.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Streamers also poo poo on the Panther II and I've found it to be a pretty solid T8 medium. The alpha is low, but the gun is very accurate and the tank feels v. comfortable to play.

Can confirm. Just don't get in anyone's face, at least not until the end game

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

e;
hosed up the replay by rage quitting the match after I got destroyed.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5916034#westfield-mariuslecter-type_4_heavy

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 5, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Glad im not the only one going on the on track to the 103-B

I learned the on track is useless to me because of the Christmas Discount is the exact same as the on track. I thought you also get an XP discount as well. But nope.

I do still plan on getting it before the end of the month. Then after that it will be back to the credit grind again for another Tier X. Would really really love to get the Obj 268 4.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, I learned that the discounts don't stack the hard way as well. =/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, new Top of the Tree loving blows. The only exception is if you buy the paid version of the battle pass, those 5x missions add up to extremely fast gains extremely quickly. I was able to routinely do 20k XP games in the Standard B with the paid TotT version.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Oh poo poo, lol, I have the full set of TD discounts from however long ago. I guess I should get them at some point!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Darkrenown posted:

Oh poo poo, lol, I have the full set of TD discounts from however long ago. I guess I should get them at some point!

Where do I find the discounts if I have them?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
They should show if you mouseover them on the tech tree IIRC.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Every week I have to be reminded the hard way how awful the EU servers are on the weekend. I swear someone opens some monkey cage in some zoo Friday afternoon and lets the inmates play WoT all weekend long.

Actually I take that back, the monkeys would probably be better than this bunch.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/NXIUkvc.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/aeuAHNc.mp4

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I won't be able to get enough tokens to get the Kuntz so it comes down to the AE Phase 1or the Char Futur.

My heart says the AE but the Char looks like it would suit me more as I have a 55% WR in the UDES 16.

Oh well. Time to sit on the fence more.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The AE Phase 1 is a very solid T9 heavy. Really good hull down, pretty good in any drat way you please. Can't go wrong with it (unless you have a Conqueror in which case it's a bit redundant).

The Char Futur is also good, and because of the long intra clip reload it doesn't just feel like a cut rate Batchat 25t AP and instead feels a bit more unique. I prefer my Standard B and Skoda T50 over it, but maybe I should just play the Char Futur more.

But I mean... if you want an interesting and unique tank definitely get the Char.

On that topic, is the Object 777 v2 any good? I got the AE Phase 1 with my first 9 tokens and now I'm debating saving the remaining 9 for the next battle pass in the faint hope that they'll introduce something new (lol), but I could also just get the Object since I'll b doing the next battle pass as well and 9 tokens alone won't be enough to get anything.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I finally figured out my crew situation on the Progetto 65 (turns out I didn't quite have enough unrecruited female crew members for an all-female crew and I didn't want to waste Santa, Cobra Commander or one of the Battle Pass crew members as a driver) so I could finally take it out for a spin.

This thing owns! Extremely good handling, good gun dynamics, I still really like the Italian auto-reloader flexibility. It just feels like a better Standard B. But at the same time the Standard B is also very good and also very tier 9, so I'm definitely keeping that as well.

A++, would thoroughly recommend the Italian mediums. The P43 Ter was the only turkey in the line.

Think I'll go up the Japanese medium tree next since the STB-1 seems like a tank I would like.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
After spending the past 3 days playing WoT all day for some hosed up reason, I guess because I hate myself, I finally broke out of the madness I was under and dismissed every single crew member I had on my tanks before uninstalling again. Would've sold them too, but there was some stupid 5 sold a day limit. Maybe this time, I won't feel a need to return to this stupid game.

gently caress WoT.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Ambaire posted:

After spending the past 3 days playing WoT all day for some hosed up reason, I guess because I hate myself, I finally broke out of the madness I was under and dismissed every single crew member I had on my tanks before uninstalling again. Would've sold them too, but there was some stupid 5 sold a day limit. Maybe this time, I won't feel a need to return to this stupid game.

gently caress WoT.

sorry to read this

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Ambaire posted:

gently caress WoT.

congrats on finally winning.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/4T7CqjF.mp4

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Serves 'em right for going beach on overlord.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

Serves 'em right for going beach on overlord.

This 1000%

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Hahahaha. What is wrong with you Marius

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I am in awe.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

This is art.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5921748#paris-mariuslecter-indien-panzer

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ambaire posted:

gently caress WoT.

you are stronger than most.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:drat:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

BadLlama posted:

you are stronger than most.

Much like a heroin addict on methadone, I still keep WoT installed, patched, and periodically download updates to Aslain's mod pack. I haven't played in months.

If they offer the T-44-100 again I'd probably buy it, too. I resisted the urge to get the Type 59 because, let's face it, if they finally put it up for sale they'll put it up for gold again, eventually.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 10, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tonight's highlight: 6 v 1. Enemy team (defending) had just a 1400 WN8 ELC Even 90 alive at 4 minutes remaining. Our team refuses to cap, instead deciding to chase the ELC around. Several players are trying to ping the cap and telling our team to just cap. Nope, they are driving to where the ELC was last spotted, then driving around the edge of the map.

Our team manages to spot the ELC at about 20 seconds remaining when he swings by the cap to kill the one shot T57 who finally decided to start capping at a minute left, but despite having a T-10, an IS-3-II and a Skoda T50 firing at the ELC, they can't hit him.

The ELC wins.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Good news everyone. The Obj 274a is on sale in America! Not only that, but the 703 II is also on sale. Both are very rock solid tanks for what they can do.

I have said since I have earned the 274a that its a hidden gem within the mountains of russian premium tanks. Is it better than the T-44-100? Its debatable. Both play very differently. And in my opinion I enjoy the 274a a lot better.

If you have the cash I would recommend picking it up.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The 274a still hasn't been on sale in the EU. But don't worry, the Centurion Mk5 RAAC is (again, it was just on sale a few weeks ago) as well as the T25 Pilot, in case you want to just flush your cash down the crapper!

(oh and the 703 II as well)

E: I unlocked the E50, and it's loving hilarious that a T9 medium starts with a tier 6 75mm gun as its stock gun. Stock grinds are IMO one of the biggest problems in the game, because so many tanks are so god drat worthless and miserable for so long.

At least on the Emil II I can just unlock the top gun immediately because it's 1100 kilos lighter than the stock gun (somehow), but on the E50 I have to jump through a billion hoops to make it even as good as the Panther II I just sold was.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 12, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
When they streamlined the tech trees they could have gone in and streamlined the modules for sure.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:yeah:

Why does the E50 need two 75mms? Two 88s? The "upgraded" 75 is just a noob trap.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The Anime 88 is a trap as well. The numbers look good but the alpha's poo poo and shell normalization really screws it over against heavy plate.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I threw a big poo poo fit when I unlocked it in January and noticed the loving tier 6 gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good lord the stock E50 is 100% worthless.

Seriously gently caress you Wargaming, what the gently caress is wrong with you?