Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

PawParole posted:

maybe UFOS are just dumb as gently caress FTL space flies.

They might be attracted to radiation the same way light attract moths

The ocean is somewhat radioactive, there's even plutonium laced rocks in the deep sea. Maybe they just need the radioactive energy and are mindlessly attracted to it.
if we ever actually find out/are told/whatever what the gently caress is happening, there's going to be no actionable end. everyone's just gonna say "wow, cool, well, ....number up I guess, get back to work"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

This is the first place I've talked about my silver cigar over the refinery siting. My friend who was driving lives in that town, and none of her family or friends saw anything that night. None of my folks witnessed it either. From that point you just don't talk about it unless you took pictures or made a video.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Riot Bimbo posted:

To keep this short and not-looking like a kyoon post, I have experienced some crazy poo poo. Some of it i've posted about, a lot of it I haven't, but with the way things have unfolded over the past year or so, I now believe in those experiences a lot more than I used to.

And like, it might sound useless and crazy, but I want to transmit this one engram of an idea in case I am not crazy and this poo poo is for real, something I'll admit is probably unlikely, but if you find yourself in any kind of Out-Of-Body dream experience, and facing down something unpleasant, like attacking you, trying to enter your dream-body, even if you're more or less Godless and the type of skeptic that never would, reach out to God. Pray.

I feel as insane as I probably look reading this, but I can't lie and say I don't believe it anymore. I feel like taking the shot and doing something good is worth some personal humiliation and the incredulous mockery of others, so ~~

if there was a thread for those kinds of experiences i'd read it + occasionally shitpost

like I was a full blown skeptic in the before times but apparently reality is unraveling so it's time to go balls-deep into the paranormal bucket

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Tekne posted:

From that point you just don't talk about it unless you took pictures or made a video.

unless youre asked its not a good scene

at best its screaming into the void at worst casandra syndrome

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

im a known crazy poster i waited this long to post about the time i saw weird poo poo. the stigma is real even in the cspam sewer.

That's right, thank you for sharing that! I don't think I've ever read a sighting quite like it, the frozen birds is loving wild

Riot Bimbo posted:

I feel as insane as I probably look reading this, but I can't lie and say I don't believe it anymore. I feel like taking the shot and doing something good is worth some personal humiliation and the incredulous mockery of others, so ~~

I ain't here to judge. Prayer isn't crazy advice either, people've been doing that in stressful situations forever.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Tekne posted:

This is the first place I've talked about my silver cigar over the refinery siting. My friend who was driving lives in that town, and none of her family or friends saw anything that night. None of my folks witnessed it either. From that point you just don't talk about it unless you took pictures or made a video.

I dunno why but your post has stuck with me more than most here.

Something about how you described the clouds, or maybe how close it was?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
vallee knew

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the only public facing tech bro pretty boy to get it

i blame his frenchness

he is taking a whole lot of poo poo for his new book though- about time i say he never faced enough criticism for taking the bigelow money

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Elizondo doing a live WaPo interview here in 4 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcH5nuqa-0w

Better than nothing I suppose

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i used to think vallee was a kook. i still do, too, but now i worry he's also correct.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Elizondo doing a live WaPo interview here in 4 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcH5nuqa-0w

Better than nothing I suppose

lol at the music on this thing as it starts up

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

i used to think vallee was a kook. i still do, too, but now i worry he's also correct.

ive never been a dinner table conspiracy theory kind of guy but folks generally know what im about and this is the vibe ive been getting from friends and family since i called 2008/trump/epstein/roni. if this soft disclosure isnt another edging session its gonna ice the cake.

pretty glorious ngl

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

what if aliens are the creators.. they seeded the planet and created Nutella

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

earth is the only habitat in the universe suitable for hazelnut growth

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

audio is hosed up for me on that stream

tic tacs are stopping it

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
nutella is so good, it had to be from out of this world.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Zisky posted:

I dunno why but your post has stuck with me more than most here.

Something about how you described the clouds, or maybe how close it was?
That visuals are still clear in my mind to this day. First thing we noticed driving across the bridge was how low and bright the clouds were. It was a white light that seemed to emanate from within them rather than a reflection from the moon or some other source. Even if there wasn't a cylinder waiting a little further up the road, I would have still remembered that night just for the bizarre weather.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

nope

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 14:56 on Mar 4, 2022

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
It does seem like revealing the UFOS were supposed to be done in 2017 during a hypothetical Clinton term, but Trump won and he was too erratic and more likely narcissistic to tie his presidency to aliens and be overshadowed. So they leaked small things till he was gone, and now we are here.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

his phrasing is kinda weird here lol. ultimately it matters what we all think because we are the jury?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Is President Goobrain just so much better, though?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Disclosure began when Arthur c Clarke published childhood's end

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Tekne posted:

That visuals are still clear in my mind to this day. First thing we noticed driving across the bridge was how low and bright the clouds were. It was a white light that seemed to emanate from within them rather than a reflection from the moon or some other source. Even if there wasn't a cylinder waiting a little further up the road, I would have still remembered that night just for the bizarre weather.

How close would you say it was once you saw it? How big did it appear to be relative to yourself/the refinery?

Your description seems to track with a lot of the sightings irt light emanating from within a cloud.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

he's a known quantity from the Obama era when relations were good

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Riot Bimbo posted:

Yes because this demented rapist doesn't say mean things about people on the internet, while the previous demented rapist did.

Incrementalism!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Death By The Blues posted:

It does seem like revealing the UFOS were supposed to be done in 2017 during a hypothetical Clinton term, but Trump won and he was too erratic and more likely narcissistic to tie his presidency to aliens and be overshadowed. So they leaked small things till he was gone, and now we are here.

i believe that folks were planning on giving hillary's admin the role of doing disclosure, for whatever reason. maybe just podesta's influence? bush jr seems to be pretty quiet about ufos, trump doesn't know poo poo afaict, but the former democratic presidents are really leaning into it :iiam:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

Tbqh i wouldn't mind a metaphysics/insanity/first hand paranormal experience thread to really get into it with.

I dunno how to start that thread without just like, shotgunning the experiences I'm comfy talking about, which doesn't really feel like it'd draw discussion.

If someone wants to put together a decent OP go for it. If the thread doesnt exist soon I'll make it~

but i dont waaaaaaana eat poo poo for my lived experience.....

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

skewetoo posted:

Disclosure began when Arthur c Clarke published childhood's end

all of the coolest kids are saying it

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I'm supposed to believe this goofy motherfucker with his goatee and $10 headphones from 2003 has all the answers?

:colbert:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

aliens are real as poo poo lmfao

Zisky
May 6, 2003

There it is, he's basically saying he thinks it's aliens based on what he's seen but he's withholding editorialization.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

time travellers, OH poo poo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat its the plot of Travellers, future Canadians are returning to the past to fix climate change

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Riot Bimbo posted:

if you find yourself in any kind of Out-Of-Body dream experience, and facing down something unpleasant, like attacking you, trying to enter your dream-body, even if you're more or less Godless and the type of skeptic that never would, reach out to God. Pray.

why did that help? is "God" their master and stops them from entering your body?

e: can you enter their body if they succeeded in entering yours?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Zisky posted:

There it is, he's basically saying he thinks it's aliens based on what he's seen but he's withholding editorialization.

I'm hearing hedging between aliens and inter-dimensional

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Zisky posted:

nah, he's saying he has no loving clue but he thinks it's intelligent. Time travelers, aliens, interdimensional, he refuses to say which one... but he keeps hinting it's definitely one of them, or some similar explanation.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

he seems pretty decided that it's "advanced tech" that is multiple generations beyond what any countries currently have

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Time travelling earthlings is decidedly far more lame than aliens

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

tardigrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Log082 posted:

nah, he's saying he has no loving clue but he thinks it's intelligent. Time travelers, aliens, interdimensional, he refuses to say which one... but he keeps hinting it's definitely one of them, or some similar explanation.

yea he's basically saying he doesn't think it's just some random natural phenomena but the result of something intelligent