Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

feels like every couple of years we get a new leak of secret documents that reveal all the rich people are tax cheats and criminals....like this is the time we're gonna start giving a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

indigi posted:

again it’s totally fine to be envious of her (I extremely am) but let’s not pretend it’s borne out of some principled leftist economic analysis

You're seeing an aspirational TV show where you want to gently caress the main character and literally cannot imagine anyone seeing anything else.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
new title for the thread "y'all just jealous"

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
2m dollars is so vanishingly little compared to what is stolen from labor every single day that I really can’t get myself to care

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

feels like every couple of years we get a new leak of secret documents that reveal all the rich people are tax cheats and criminals....like this is the time we're gonna start giving a poo poo

yeah i remember when the panama papers came out and literally nothing happened

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Musk responded to an initial query with a lone punctuation mark: “?” After we sent detailed questions to him, he did not reply.

lmao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Musk responded to an initial query with a lone punctuation mark: “?” After we sent detailed questions to him, he did not reply.

lmao

shoulda responded with a lolcat.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

the past couple pages remind me that one night I was going to change the thread subtitle to "misanthropy masquerading as marxism" but then I got drunk instead. thank you for coming to my ted talk.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Accretionist posted:

You're seeing an aspirational TV show where you want to gently caress the main character and literally cannot imagine anyone seeing anything else.

📽

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Lib and let die posted:

yeah i remember when the panama papers came out and literally nothing happened

that is patently untrue; one of the journalists that broke the story died in a mysterious car explosion in malta not too long afterwards

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

22 Eargesplitten posted:

the past couple pages remind me that one night I was going to change the thread subtitle to "misanthropy masquerading as marxism" but then I got drunk instead. thank you for coming to my ted talk.

[Guillotine.txt]: Misanthropic Marxist Masquerade

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
[Guillotine.txt]: Marx of the Red Death

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

that is patently untrue; one of the journalists that broke the story died in a mysterious car explosion in malta not too long afterwards

I was about to mention this yeah. nobody cared she got wacked either

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

please knock Mom! posted:

Imagine putting your life on the line to speak truth to power on the premise that liberals will listen and make that worthwhile

lmao

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It was such obvious retaliation too, but nothing. not even a follow up investigation. the powers that be were satisfied with her murder

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

tell us about your insight wrt how it's better to kill communists than homosexuals

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol squizzle did mpf ask you for this

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
weak rear end probe, to qcs

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Please don't abuse your mod powers

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

World War Mammories posted:

lol squizzle did mpf ask you for this

Main Paineframe posted:

Okay? I guess I'll be more specific, then. I think that it's significantly worse to say "all gay people should be beaten and murdered" than it is to say "all communists should be beaten and murdered". Both are bad, of course, but I don't know who in the gently caress would put those two things on the scales and decide that they're identically bad and deserve identical punishments.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:lmao: good poo poo

in my opinion they should have to post a tier list ranking who deserves to be murdered more or less or else get banned.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I too would like to know why you think that MPF, even better yet why you would even come up with a scenario which involves mass murder.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

haha jesus christ

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

i mean, the government of malta collapsed after it became obvious the pm was directly involved and his deputy ordered it on behalf of a yacht person. Which, frankly, was obvious from the truly insane tweets they all sent afterwards clearly bragging about it.

It was just that the pm announced he was going to resign in a year, and apparently you can't speed that process up for a government all but openly admitting to all this via the bird site

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Accretionist posted:

Yeah, I also don't think that poster realizes that most of us aren't familiar with this person beyond the Tiktok Bernie/boomer things (and that most people in C-SPAM are probably in our 30s and not exactly interested in someone who looks like a college student).

"Young person bragging about being a multi-millionaire" is just obviously in really bad taste. It's like someone bragging to their unemployed friend about getting a big bonus at their 6-figure job.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I also don't think that poster realizes that most of us aren't familiar with this person beyond the Tiktok Bernie/boomer things (and that most people in C-SPAM are probably in our 30s and not exactly interested in someone who looks like a college student).

"Young person bragging about being a multi-millionaire" is just obviously in really bad taste. It's like someone bragging to their unemployed friend about getting a big bonus at their 6-figure job.

I know who she is based on the ok boomer thing and people in this thread having fits because she posted a video of her home. that’s not bragging. also lol you have awful friends if they wouldn’t be happy that you bought a home whether they’re unemployed or not

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

indigi posted:

I know who she is based on the ok boomer thing and people in this thread having fits because she posted a video of her home. that’s not bragging. also lol you have awful friends if they wouldn’t be happy that you bought a home whether they’re unemployed or not

found the rear end in a top hat who brags to their unemployed friend about getting a big bonus do i get a pot of gold

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"Check out my Lambo, pretty sweet huh? I got it with my big promotion!"

"Jim, I haven't slept inside in six months."

"Yeah, she's a pretty sweet ride. So, homeless, huh? What's that like?"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1391566849939234820

look at this loving rear end in a top hat bragging about buying a house. Jesus. he plays a CHILD’S GAME for MONEY and he has the nerve to flaunt his Cash Privilege while there’s Canadians waiting for covid vaccines? smh can’t believe this poo poo

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Your 'meritocracy' angle strongly suggests that you're putting her on a pedestal, you horny idiot.

Random Sportsman doesn't represent, "pulling back the curtain on Ersatz Leftism and seeing nothing but a rich young woman say I love shopping in baby talk."

edit: In the United States, leftism is like a tunnel painted on a wall. Try as you might, reality is not on your side. The closest thing we have is for-profit simulacra. "Ooh, outrage! A lot of money in outrage!"

But no no. Faaake. We're just jealous and horny (she's never going to gently caress you, dude).

Accretionist has issued a correction as of 00:07 on Jun 9, 2021

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

indigi posted:

Bernie has three houses, this girl has an apartment. seems consistent to me, idk where the hypocrisy is

And Bernie should fuckin get rid of two of them. I don't see how this has anything to do with what I said though? How hard is it to just do the things you speak? That's all I meant friend, and for the record there is no politician that is worth their word.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bernie who?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

not sure. hearing a lot about a mister panders

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

poemdexter posted:

Jeff Bezos got the child tax credit lmao.

I'm glad someone did, it proves the policy actually works, it just wasn't targeted to you.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

2m dollars is so vanishingly little compared to what is stolen from labor every single day that I really can’t get myself to care

Plus it wasn't even stolen money, it was freely given! The most you could maybe claim is that it was exploitive because the simps thought it was a transactional relationship. But that is going deep into incel logic so....

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

PathAsc posted:

And Bernie should fuckin get rid of two of them.

Nah he shouldn't have.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1402343047082528778

Art Laffer posted:

For those people who are coming into the labor force fresh, not oldtimers -- the poor, the minorities, the disenfranchised, those with less education, young people who haven't had the job experience -- these people aren't worth $15 an hour in most cases

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

indigi posted:

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1391566849939234820

look at this loving rear end in a top hat bragging about buying a house. Jesus. he plays a CHILD’S GAME for MONEY and he has the nerve to flaunt his Cash Privilege while there’s Canadians waiting for covid vaccines? smh can’t believe this poo poo

guillotine this guy imo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

indigi posted:

unironically

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I'm still trying to figure out what "2 million dollar apartment" means. Is it a condo she bought for 2 million? Is it an apartment for 2 million a month? Is the sum of her monthly rent payments over a year equal to 2 million dollars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I once read someone's claim that there's a pattern of sports superstars from poorer backgrounds burning through their income and ending up destitute again in retirement because they try to support large swathes of the family/social circle that supported them. don't remember where I read it and I'm not gonna find it again and I don't know if evidence supports it. but it struck me because it's almost like there's a structural problem that their individual actions cannot solve. to me, articles celebrating such generosity are kind of like those stories about, say, some kid running a lemonade stand raising a thousand bucks to help pay for their mom's cancer treatment - good for the kid, good for the basketball player and his mom, but the surrounding situation is super hosed up if you think about it for more than two seconds