Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

skewetoo posted:

I see this sometimes too some days

Johnny that is treason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the celestial battle over nuremberg was actually chinese lanterns caught on a high speed wind current from krakatoa

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
admins going to drop two reports at the same time saying the ufos are real and that they created covid

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

quote:

Besides the globes flew back and forth among themselves and fought vehemently with each other for over an hour. And when the conflict in and again out of the sun was most intense, they became fatigued to such an extent that they all, as said above, fell from the sun down upon the earth 'as if they all burned' and they then wasted away on the earth with immense smoke. After all this there was something like a black spear, very long and thick, sighted; the shaft pointed to the east, the point pointed west. Whatever such signs mean, God alone knows.

Crusader has issued a correction as of 00:14 on Jun 9, 2021

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rah! posted:

the celestial battle over nuremberg was actually chinese lanterns caught on a high speed wind current from krakatoa

And birds

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mass hysteria caused by birds

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Rah! posted:

mass hysteria caused by birds

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Crusader posted:

quote:

Besides the globes flew back and forth among themselves and fought vehemently with each other for over an hour. And when the conflict in and again out of the sun was most intense, they became fatigued to such an extent that they all, as said above, fell from the sun down upon the earth 'as if they all burned' and they then wasted away on the earth with immense smoke. After all this there was something like a black spear, very long and thick, sighted; the shaft pointed to the east, the point pointed west. Whatever such signs mean, God alone knows.

Next time... on Dragon Ball Z!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY has issued a correction as of 00:19 on Jun 9, 2021

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

but birds arent real

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

It was actually just visual migraines caused by medieval peasants staring directly at a solar event.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

what in the world is going on

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
in the us, even our disclosure is manufactured in china :911:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'll take an international race for "noooo we disclosed first so we get to sit next to Zarflox at the conference!"

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

We will sway Zarflox to make contact on American soil by showing them the the immense soft power of our mass media.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
great use of twitter

https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/1400637482903932930

https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/1400637471487057922

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

what in the world is going on

It's so weird to see people call him Lue, because I still parse that as referring to Tyronn Lue

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

China's holding back until America releases their little report since the aliens they've been chilling with asked them to at least let the US have that little victory before it's dissolved during the formation of a global Chinese government

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol somebody forgot to read the new script and had to backbeddle.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/Cloud-Vortex.mp4

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Oh neat. I discovered I'm a "disclosure! now!" type. :stoked:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

just listened to the 3hr Spaced Out podcast interview with Luis Elizondo that was posted earlier. it really seems like he's leaning toward some sort of intelligent life being behind the UAPs and also seems pretty certain it's not US, Russian or Chinese.

one of his comments toward the end was that he thinks 3-6 months from now a lot of people will see the world and their place in it very differently.

I hope the hype actually leads to something.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
yessss
https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/557226-ufos-are-probably-not-secret-chinese-spy-planes

quote:

Make no mistake: These revelations are not accidental. Opaque, authoritarian states such as China do not simply volunteer information about glaring national security gaps on a whim.

This raises two possibilities. Either China is engaging in an elaborate disinformation campaign, or it is genuinely perplexed by phenomena it cannot explain.

To be sure, Beijing could be feigning concern over “unidentified air conditions” to muddy the waters while ultra-advanced Chinese craft gather intelligence in sensitive American airspace. But such a ploy seems unlikely.

reads fine if u flip the script too lmao:

quote:

Make no mistake: These revelations are not accidental. Opaque, authoritarian states such as America do not simply volunteer information about glaring national security gaps on a whim.

This raises two possibilities. Either America is engaging in an elaborate disinformation campaign, or it is genuinely perplexed by phenomena it cannot explain.

To be sure, Washington could be feigning concern over “unidentified aerial phenomenon” to muddy the waters while ultra-advanced American craft gather intelligence in sensitive Chinese airspace. But such a ploy seems unlikely.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

oh they're doubling down on "Nope, not China either."

That's, uh. That's a thing. yeah. a thing.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

quote:

“What did everything you talked about in there have to do with the military?”

“War has everything to do with the army.”

Wang looked around in the spring sun, baffled. “But where is this war? This is probably the most peaceful period in history.”

“You will know more soon. Everyone will know. Professor Wang, have you ever had anything happen to you that changed your life completely? Some event where afterward the world became a totally different place for you?”

“No.”

“Then your life has been fortunate. The world is full of unpredictable factors, yet you have never faced a crisis.”

Wang turned over the words in his mind, still not understanding. “I think that’s true of most lives.”

“Then most people have lived fortunately.”

“But … many generations have lived in this plain manner.”

“All fortunate.”

Wang laughed, shaking his head. “I have to confess that I’m not feeling very sharp today. Are you suggesting that—”

“Yes, the entire history of humankind has been fortunate. From the Stone Age till now, no real crisis has occurred. We’ve been very lucky. But if it’s all luck, then it has to end one day. Let me tell you: It’s ended. Prepare for the worst.”

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/Red-Eye.mp4
It's the small things that make the videos seem real to me. If I was filming this I would also end it by looking down at my waggy-tailed dog. No question.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Pooky posted:

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/Red-Eye.mp4
It's the small things that make the videos seem real to me. If I was filming this I would also end it by looking down at my waggy-tailed dog. No question.

yeah that one's real.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/Red-Diamond.mp4
"What the gently caress?" :hmmyes:

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

this one is nearly assuredly the ISS lol

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i wonder how much starlink contributes to sightings

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Crusader posted:

If NUFORC is indicative of anything: a lot

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

This one fucks my poo poo up

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Crusader posted:

i don't care how weird of a light it is, if it ain't zipping around and changing direction I'm not even going to consider that it might be a UFO.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Theory 1: These are known to be human aircraft by certain highly classified sectors of the military and calling them UAPs is the only way to avoid acknowledging that the superpowers (possibly just the US) have been completely ignoring the territorial airspace of every other country in the world.

Theory 1.5: They are impossible to fly with human pilots and implying "aliens" is better than saying "every fighter plane is completely obsolete right now forever thanks to this fuckin bullshit robot... enjoy watching the entire defense aerospace sector of the global economy collapse into total obscurity!"

I hope it's aliens.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

live NASA spacewalk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDU-rZs-Ic4

maybe there'll be aliens from uranus

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

pandy fackler posted:

Theory 1: These are known to be human aircraft by certain highly classified sectors of the military and calling them UAPs is the only way to avoid acknowledging that the superpowers (possibly just the US) have been completely ignoring the territorial airspace of every other country in the world.

We already do this anyway, any time we think we can get away with it, and everyone else knows it and does the same.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fake news the ufos have hacked the stream

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Rah! posted:

live NASA spacewalk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDU-rZs-Ic4

maybe there'll be aliens from uranus

Lol right after i clicked it the feed changed to a weird panning shot and there were stars in the background for a couple seconds that kinda looked like they were moving and for an instant I was like "oh, is this how it's going to happen?"

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://uap.news/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Red-Donut.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

more like shartlink