Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

Apparently,

[AS6 Spoilers] When someone is eliminated they get a chance to come back by lipsyncing against the queen who went home before/won the last redemption lipsync. This happens outside of the show proper but will be aired. One queen is said to basically dominate this twist the whole season, so it's basically her lipsyncing against five or whatever queens, getting eliminated herself at the last one, and the winner of that comes back to the season. I think it's something they stole from Survivor. It does make more sense than "Art was eliminated but she's popular so she's back!" for a returning queen.

Could be fake but the drag race spoiler people are insane and pretty good at finding stuff.

Sounds pretty similar to Top Chef Last Chance Kitchen too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nihonniboku posted:

Sounds pretty similar to Top Chef Last Chance Kitchen too.

Well, just like on that show, you mgiht end up getting sick of Ganache.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Anyone know where I can watch Espana legitimately in Canada?

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

i'm a big sperg so if your joke boils down to "haha look at this loving idiot who can't tell i'm saying something inaccurate to be funny, lol what kind of dipshit doesn't have the social awareness to tell i'm kidding or the ability to refrain from trying to correct me", i'm contractually obligated to kick your sandcastle over. if that upsets you maybe you need an entirely smooth shark to hug and cry into?

(as an australian i'm contractually obligated to watch drag race down under but i'm yet another person who isn't really enjoying it, i hope all stars brings back some enthusiasm but maybe i'm just burnt out on it all)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm genuinely sorry to anyone who lives here who cannot implicitly tell when someone is blatantly lying about animals for a giggle since that is essentially the entire colonizer culture of this county

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Turpitude II posted:

i'm a big sperg so if your joke boils down to "haha look at this loving idiot who can't tell i'm saying something inaccurate to be funny, lol what kind of dipshit doesn't have the social awareness to tell i'm kidding or the ability to refrain from trying to correct me", i'm contractually obligated to kick your sandcastle over. if that upsets you maybe you need an entirely smooth shark to hug and cry into?

(as an australian i'm contractually obligated to watch drag race down under but i'm yet another person who isn't really enjoying it, i hope all stars brings back some enthusiasm but maybe i'm just burnt out on it all)

You seem really mad about something I'm not doing so I'll leave at that since the Drag Race thread isn't the place to talk about zoology facts

Like literally who barges in and accuses people of doing a bit about some meme no one has heard of lol

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
shitstirring about drop bears is a time-honoured tradition, at least the joke there is "australian animals are so unusual that anything you say about them still seems plausible"

kangaroos dicks are below their balls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

That last one isn't bullshit btw. Its crazy. They have a big set of nuts and then behind it a tiny little nobbly penis. I thought they just had weird shaped dicks the first couple of times I saw em. Anyway the Sharks thing is funny because our prime minister poo poo himself at Engadine McDonald's after the 1997 NRL grand final (go Sharks). I'm watching season one of drag race again and Tammy brown rules that's my daily drag race opinion in the official tviv zoology facts thread

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 9, 2021

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
i should go back to my rewatch of season 1 too, i had put it on as background noise to go to sleep but i kept staying up to actually watch it. i'm irrationally charmed by how low-budget it is. the hazy filter, the laser light show confessional background, the tiny stage. :allears:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

One of the weirdest things about going back to season 1 is how often you hear Donald Trump referred to in a reasonably favourable context. I've counted 5 times.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Boy, this latest episode of Legendary has the Internet ANGRY. :stonk: I'm behind an episode or two, but I have a basic idea of what happened, and wow!

Judging spoiler: It seems Twitter has now changed its mind, and loves Jameela as a judge but not Megan.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

One of the weirdest things about going back to season 1 is how often you hear Donald Trump referred to in a reasonably favourable context. I've counted 5 times.

2008 was a wild time, in which people still kind of thought that he was a "good" businessman? And also Ru being from NYC means that he was the local idiot rich guy with a TV show, a relevant and fun target for lighthearted ribbing, instead of the senile nazi he's become.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Read After Burning posted:

Boy, this latest episode of Legendary has the Internet ANGRY. :stonk: I'm behind an episode or two, but I have a basic idea of what happened, and wow!

Judging spoiler: It seems Twitter has now changed its mind, and loves Jameela as a judge but not Megan.

I'm so behind because I'm watching with friends over zoom and we can't get schedules to line up! :mad:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I miss Drag Race Thailand (and Art and Pangina) so loving much.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I miss Drag Race Thailand (and Art and Pangina) so loving much.

Well, You might be seeing Pangina soon enough on RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars International soon enough if the rumors are true!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

And if you’re in Chicago you can see Pangina saturday the 19th at Roscoes :)

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
That one lipsync with Kana Warrior and Angele Anang... That was the most incredible lipsync perhaps of the whole franchise. God I miss Drag Race Thailand.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A God drat Ghost posted:

That one lipsync with Kana Warrior and Angele Anang... That was the most incredible lipsync perhaps of the whole franchise. God I miss Drag Race Thailand.

Agreed. I still go back to it regularly. Here's hoping Drag Race Thailand returns soon.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I fuckin' love lipsyncs where both queens look like they're just having so much FUN. :kiddo:

Asia vs Vixen is that for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMkJRzk-OgM

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm not convinced the Vixen has ever had fun

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

What are you talking about? She was probably having fun "sucking dick on the beach" when she was just too busy and too "unbothered" to respond to Bob/Monet! :P

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Edit: Nevermind

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’m watching “Pose” for the first time and it is incredible.

Can’t find a thread anywhere and can’t recall- has there been chat here about it? I’m halfway through season 2

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Read After Burning posted:

I figure it's the same rigga moris as drag race. Production has their favorite that will make it to the end.

And a house that's in the bottom a few times gets chopped regardless of actual performance.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

I’m watching “Pose” for the first time and it is incredible.

Can’t find a thread anywhere and can’t recall- has there been chat here about it? I’m halfway through season 2

We were talking just a few days ago about how embarrassingly bad season 3 was.

But I think at this point we're just open to any related shows in this thread. Pose, Legendary, Dragula, etc.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

It’s been really decent so far, but it’s been striking how loving mean Pray Tell is on the mic.

Absolutely enjoyed the Dorian Corey “tribute” of sorts. She lives on! though not in the way she would’ve expected, I would imagine.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

It’s been really decent so far, but it’s been striking how loving mean Pray Tell is on the mic.

Absolutely enjoyed the Dorian Corey “tribute” of sorts. She lives on! though not in the way she would’ve expected, I would imagine.

Yeah, they kind of end up going through all the major beats of Paris is Burning.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Gottmik was on abc news today (or should I say yesterday since I'm on the east coast).

https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/rupauls-drag-race-star-gottmik-authenticity-changing-world-78229630

Sorry I had trouble finding a youtube video but it's on ABC's site.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
There’s no way they crown a racist next week? Right?

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Is there a canonical reason why RuPaul hates magic so much? I also really wish they would stop trying to get the aussie aussie aussie chant going. Or at least mix it up with kiwi kiwi kiwi.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Drag Queens and Stage Magicians have been in an uneasy truce since '74 with female illusionists and street magicians (but not up-close magicians) having the closest thing to an agreement.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Raccoonboy posted:

There’s no way they crown a racist next week? Right?

What makes you think that?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If anything crowning a racist that gave a piss weak apology to save face is the most Australian thing I can think of

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
lmao Scarlett is so full of poo poo

Best joke I've seen is "wonder if there's a reason why she forgot Shae did pole last year"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

God that was terrible. Start to finish. I do not give a gently caress who wins.
All are horrible for the most part.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Hey, Laganja just came out as trans. Good for her, props to ya, mawma.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

She lived with Gia for a while, so clearly the Republicans are right when they say being trans is contagious. :colbert: In all seriousness, she looks absolutely glowing recently. :) Look at how great she looks in this picture!

https://twitter.com/B_Lockhart2011/status/1400932566195183620

Anyway, we just watched the Snatch Game episode of Drag Race Down Under, and I am really going to miss Anita when she goes. I grimaced at her Snatch Game choice initially ("Great, more royal family worship") but right off the bat, her Prince Andrew joke had me and my partner absolutely HOLLERING. I literally collapsed in the floor squealing at the Diana joke.

Also, we REALLY don't learn much about Lindy Chamberlain over here in the USA. My partner of course knew of the dingo meme, but he had no idea she wrongfully went to prison for it! Hell, even I didn't know until a few weeks ago, where it popped up in this thread! However, I know I'm going to hell, because "WELL, I STEPPED AWAY FOR JUST A SECOND..." got an ugly laugh out of me. It's a shame too, because Etcetera's mug as Lindy was VERY pretty.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Yay Laganja!

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I love that smile trans people have when they come out and see themselves fully as their gender. It's not just the mouth and the eyes but the whole head. She's beaming in that photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I just remembered there could (will?) be a Dragula Season 4 this year, and my mood perked up.

I know a "returning monster" isn't really a Thing in Dragula but I can't help but wish they could give Violencia another chance, I'd like to see more of her. Also bummed I never got to see Erika Klash before she moved away from the Bay Area. D: