Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

el dingo posted:

Unfortunately agree wrt stridebreaker, as much as I loved going darius active/auto/W/auto/E for a full passive stack before I'd even considered using Q I knew in my heart of hearts that it was broken. Maybe he will slip from like 35% ban rate to a mere 30%. It still seems good - more HP and the slow is heavier.

Never thought dead man's plate was an issue but whatever

that seems like a real hefty and long slow though, imagine champs that already had decent mobility for getting in like gnar will like having it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Arcturas posted:

I'm really sad about stridebreaker being gone because it was the most satisfying item to use on Garen. On the other hand, it probably makes him easier to balance or something. Maybe I'll need to figure out how to Goredrinker or Trinity Force instead.

I've been running Chemtank + Predator Mobility Boots on him as a jungler and it's the most hilarious hosed up thing to just have this angry giant man with a sword blasting into lane at 100 mph

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Vermain posted:

Pretty significant changes coming to the PBE tomorrow that are intended to carve down on the increased mobility that a lot of Mythics provided:
https://twitter.com/JeevunSidhu/status/1402090158992752643
I think Stridebreaker losing its dash is ultimately for the best. It was fun when you were the one playing with it, and it made engaging and getting fights started off a lot easier, but it carved away the core weakness of bruisers to such an extent that I think there simply wasn't a way to get it in a healthy state.

i'm just gonna build prowler's claw on bruisers now, nice try riot

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Perhaps certain champions have clear defined weaknesses for a reason

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

I've been running Chemtank + Predator Mobility Boots on him as a jungler and it's the most hilarious hosed up thing to just have this angry giant man with a sword blasting into lane at 100 mph

Now I need to try this. What's your clear route?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Arcturas posted:

Now I need to try this. What's your clear route?

Opening clear is Red -> Raptors -> Wolves -> Blue -> Scuttle -> Gromp -> Krugs -> Raptors, then gank if available (usually you can make the enemy mid mage really upset at this point) or back and get Bami's for thickness. Take E first, then for raptors Q the big bird and E them all to death.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

11.13's also going to be the Tahm Kench rework patch. The basic rundown:
  • The damage from his passive only applies on attacks and otherwise works the same.
  • Q's slow is now locked at 40%, but will heal Tahm for a % of his missing health when damaging champions.
  • W is now Abyssal Voyage, causing Tahm to blink to a target location and deal damage and a short knockup on arrival. Range is significantly less, though still pretty large (1200 at max rank).
  • E works the same way as before.
  • R is now Devour. Damage is higher on enemy champions than before (400 + 15% max HP at max rank), and they can be Devoured from range with Q if they're at max Acquired Taste stacks. Allies now gain a sizeable shield (600 at max rank) for 2.5s after exiting Tahm. Tahm is slowed and grounded regardless of who he Devours, but he can use Abyssal Voyage when he's got an ally Devoured. Cooldown is way longer - 120s at rank 1, down to 80s at max rank.
I think this is probably the best way to address the issues of his old gameplay pattern without completely changing everything about him. I'm still not sure enemy Devours will ever actually be a thing, given both the difficulty of applying his passive and the enormous opportunity cost of using it on an enemy instead of saving it for a low health ally (or, in the case of a gank, shuttling in your jungler with W). The huge range on Abyssal Voyage will give him good roaming potential early so that he's not just a babysitter. Really like what they've done with him.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I imagine the fact that you can tongue devour might be the only reason for devouring enemies.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The tahm chef skin is cool

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Instead of blinking, they should make it a really long jump that knocks up every enemies hit.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tired Moritz posted:

Instead of blinking, they should make it a really long jump that knocks up every enemies hit.

Zac already does that, I'm fine with blinking being done as a representation of submerging himself and erupting beneath them.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

SirSamVimes posted:

Zac already does that, I'm fine with blinking being done as a representation of submerging himself and erupting beneath them.

Fat Rakan

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ia5CQqa7Ks&t=35s

That's some hefty range on his new Q.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 9, 2021

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Can he still bring people with his teleport?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Can he still bring people with his teleport?

Yeah, but you have to use Devour for it which has a long cooldown now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah but I wanna see frog jump

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"Malpractise make malperfect!" is a great line.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Has Tahm's Q always scaled with his unit size or is that a new thing? Because it seems like you can get snatched from what looked like 1000 range against a full item Tahm.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Its new

fnox
May 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ia5CQqa7Ks The range is loving crazy, although I guess thats only ever gonna happen if you get 3 stacks on someone.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
The big question I wanna know is Can He Jungle again because he was a blast to play. It kinda looks like he might be able to solo lane maybe?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1yS9ysT4A&t=43s
We could of had Hand Mundo

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
https://twitter.com/RiotPhlox/status/1402767686786977793

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Good,.I'm a piece of poo poo and miss the banner of command and zzrot portal combo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
That's going in the chemtank / warmogs / predator mobi boots Garen build.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

God I would have preferred basically all of those concept art ideas over what we actually got.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

*A bunch of crazy off-the-wall concepts*

How about just Old Mundo but 15% more fucky?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

That's going in the chemtank / warmogs / predator mobi boots Garen build.

I am very interested in this — how successful is it actually? Got a quick and dirty item & skill order?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

dear god no

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I give them a lot of credit, often more than they deserve, but who the gently caress thought this was a good idea and why were they not launched out the meeting room window the instant they suggested reviving Banner of Command.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

I give them a lot of credit, often more than they deserve, but who the gently caress thought this was a good idea and why were they not launched out the meeting room window the instant they suggested reviving Banner of Command.

Banner of Command was my favorite item and I will have my revenge

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

njsykora posted:

yeah they should have revived Revive instead!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Like it does solve a lot of problems with Banner and Zz'rot.

But I still hate splitpushing and losing to Rat DotA so bleh.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So now that we're past the decade mark, what has been y'alls favorite meta or iteration of the game? The BoC days? When TP/Revive was a thing? When the jungle had that ghost spirit vision thing?

What goofy nonsense do you miss the most? I like to remember the good old days of pre-rework Veigar with 1800AP, when the enemy would die before any animation of Veigar's ult ever appeared. AP Tryndamere was stupid fun too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's got less problems then banner/portal because you actually have to be there instead of having a portal hold a downed inhib by itself or a banner cannon soloing the enemy lane, but it's not gonna be super fun to deal with a solo Nasus with it and there will be even LESS incentive for the guys who build it to actually join a single goddamn teamfight.

isaboo posted:

So now that we're past the decade mark, what has been y'alls favorite meta or iteration of the game? The BoC days? When TP/Revive was a thing? When the jungle had that ghost spirit vision thing?

What goofy nonsense do you miss the most? I like to remember the good old days of pre-rework Veigar with 1800AP, when the enemy would die before any animation of Veigar's ult ever appeared. AP Tryndamere was stupid fun too.

It wasn't that long ago but I liked when you could build both the jungle and support item at the same time, I was ahead of everyone on that and it took several months before it was used in a tournament and next patch disabled forever.

Relic shield on the jungler and the laner will actually thank you as you tax their lane and heal them.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only thing I really miss from old League is old Karma. I am still upset at that rework.

Laning against a talon and shield bombing any minions he attempted to CS was hilarious.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

henkman posted:

Good,.I'm a piece of poo poo and miss the banner of command and zzrot portal combo

Yes yes yes! I miss zzrot so much.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That time that I could abuse tank ekko before people realized he was busted

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I started playing really early so I miss when assassins didn't exist and Lee-Sin was a far off dream. I also miss when they launched Irelia and just kept nerfing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eve always existed.