Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wizard Master posted:

Please believe women.

always do. this poo poo is dumb as hell though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

shrike82 posted:

I don't know which is funnier -
a) It's true and Virgil is a sex pest
b) It's fake but someone hates Virgil enough to target him

virgil was the one who let Sam Hyde on stage to do the ironic anti gay set (though who knows if it was ironic given what turn he took), gwen and the cretins who hung around her were all on that poo poo

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

TerminalSaint posted:

Really enjoyed the guest on TrueAnon talking about Robert Evans for 5 minutes without naming him.

Yeah lol. I've heard him say a couple times he moved to Portland to do his "journalism" there and often thought man it must really suck if you're just a person living in Portland and out of nowhere a bunch of cosplaying leftist operators from somewhere else are running all over your city

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe she felt like she had to wait until Virgil was no longer the one of the highest paid and one of the most famous podcasters in the country and now that he is a boring nobody who doesn’t do anything but vape and rail special-K she feels more comfortable coming forward.

I feel bad for this woman, and I feel bad for whoever Marie is, getting emails right now probably from the shittiest web-rags with messages like “was Virgil Texas grooming children while you dated?”

It’s important to remember that this woman has absolutely nothing to gain by coming out with this. Virgil’s fans are almost by definition extremely online. There is currently no conversion rate from clout to cash like this, so I’m left to believe it’s real because otherwise this woman is opening herself up to the most toxic online experience imaginable for what… spite?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Dunno seems fake, waiting for more info

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What’s fake about it?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm not gonna say it's real or fake, but being on a brand new account with no real identifying information or reciepts makes it being a con a credible possibility. Kind of an ugly situation, because if it is real she's presumably using a burner account to avoid getting the Tara Reade treatment from his more obsessive fans which is completely understandable, but also there's nothing there that couldn't have been cooked up by a hater weirdo with half hour of online research

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“New Account” is a seriously bullshit excuse. No one is under any obligation to have social media and post memes for two years before coming forward about their grooming experience so people believe them (also if her account were 5 years old with daily posts, would you believe her?)

If it’s spite… why now?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

gently caress Mr. Texas, gently caress anyone else guilty of it, and gently caress not giving women the benefit of the doubt especially. It's a line of thinking that easily goes from "Didn't happen." > "Did it happen?" > "It did happen, but oh well."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm going to need more than an account made today and immediately sent to all the Chapo threads before I believe Virgil has nonced.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

“New Account” is a seriously bullshit excuse. No one is under any obligation to have social media and post memes for two years before coming forward about their grooming experience so people believe them (also if her account were 5 years old with daily posts, would you believe her?)

If it’s spite… why now?

If their account were five years old and had been posting memes or whatever it would make it much less likely that it's a sock puppet rolled by someone with an axe to grind, yes. That's all I'm saying, not interested in defending Virgil and fully prepared to accept he did the things accused of.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

always do. this poo poo is dumb as hell though

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
How loving dumb are people to respond to Imunderage.doc?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

prefect posted:

Wasn't Shoshonna Lonstein 17 years old when she was dating Seinfeld?

*stav seinfeld voice* she has huuuge tiiitttts

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
yeah, it looks suspicious, but everyone can be a creep. Either way, we can all agree: felix would've prevented the covenant war with a story book about gorillas

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 9, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
You guys fall for poo poo so easily goddamn

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Virgil Texas pooped on my lawn. I saw his bare little rear end flashing as he ran away through the bushes. Why is the media silent on this

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I don't see any reason why I wouldn't trust the account, the e-mail screenshots while fakeable are also possible proof. That's more tangible than just an outright accusation.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
As a Balding-American I do not have time for ableism against folx with autoimmune disorders. I see you.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

prefect posted:

Wasn't Shoshonna Lonstein 17 years old when she was dating Seinfeld?

that also wasn't good

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
'new account can't trust it' is the laziest way to dismiss a claim, jesus christ. If you are claiming abuse against a public figure, the very last thing you want is his legion of idiot fans crawling through your posts to prove every single thing you said wrong.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i do wonder if this is part of why Virgil got frozen out beyond the post-Bernie depression.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

graventy posted:

'new account can't trust it' is the laziest way to dismiss a claim, jesus christ. If you are claiming abuse against a public figure, the very last thing you want is his legion of idiot fans crawling through your posts to prove every single thing you said wrong.

You seem very easy to fool.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

that's it, i'm not listening to bad faith anymore

coathat
May 21, 2007

Worried about the virgil bros coming after me

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"You have nice tits for someone your age" is such a creepy thing to say

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

You seem very easy to fool.

This thread would be diving deep into posting history to protect Virgil and you know it.

"In 2018 she liked a post that used the phrase Bernie Bro this is a setup"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

that's it, i'm not listening to bad faith anymore

Good idea

Unrelated, I hear Virgil might be a sex creep

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh yeah my bad i shouldn't have included "anymore"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Has anyone confirmed that this is a real person and not just a sock puppet set up to get this exact reaction?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
You guys are just itching to cancel Virgil lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

"You have nice tits for someone your age" is such a creepy thing to say

Huh never knew how Seinfeld picked her up.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

graventy posted:

ok heres another reason to be suspicious. "Virgil (Justin)" is real loving weird phrasing that kind of gives away the game this is some internet drama stirring. other way around it would have been natural because she was talking to him as a private person. plus the deal about the rebel girl sam hyde situation, what year was that again? it would have been easier to say the year to establish the timeline, unless you're trying to use this as a chance to get in every burn at him to bury him in mud

and the allegations are so vague they don't mean anything. this smells like the alex morse poo poo

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Shipon posted:

ok heres another reason to be suspicious. "Virgil (Justin)" is real loving weird phrasing that kind of gives away the game this is some internet drama stirring. other way around it would have been natural because she was talking to him as a private person.

What are you talking about? I’d say it’s not necessarily a common known fact that Virgil’s name is Justin. I only know cause of cum town. It’s clear that the account is clarifying as they switch to his proper name.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Boywhiz88 posted:

What are you talking about? I’d say it’s not necessarily a common known fact that Virgil’s name is Justin. I only know cause of cum town. It’s clear that the account is clarifying as they switch to his proper name.

Beeeeeep Texas.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Clipperton posted:

this is all true but if you had to bet money on which chapo would flame out or get louis ck'd first...c'mon

called it a year ago, where's my prize

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Shipon posted:

ok heres another reason to be suspicious. "Virgil (Justin)" is real loving weird phrasing that kind of gives away the game this is some internet drama stirring. other way around it would have been natural because she was talking to him as a private person. plus the deal about the rebel girl sam hyde situation, what year was that again? it would have been easier to say the year to establish the timeline, unless you're trying to use this as a chance to get in every burn at him to bury him in mud

and the allegations are so vague they don't mean anything. this smells like the alex morse poo poo
If you don't believe her, you could just wait for more information to come out and not do this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

If you don't believe her, you could just wait for more information to come out and not do this.

Information like "is this a real person"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I predict that no one comments on this except nick mullen doing the virgil voice in one of those bits that stav and adam immediately try to shut down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hate to interrupt the Justin drama but it's really funny Vance is embarrassing himself like this for fifth place in a primary

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1402608156254117894?s=20