Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Borrovan posted:

The consumer price is determined by how much people are willing to pay for something, not by the suppliers' overheads. If they could charge more and people would still pay it, they'd already be doing so. If the labour cost goes up, that just eats into their profit margins. And, the market has spoken, people aren't willing to work for what they're paying, so the labour cost has gone up.

Colloquially it's not just the labour cost per hour that's increased but the actual number of labour hours needed. The shift to table service has wrongfooted a lot of pub people who didn't realise the extra labour hours you need to make this work, in some cases you'd be looking at 30% increases as you have to hire on runners to actually take orders and get them to tables. There's been a lot of focus on qr code based ordering to try to get around that but the cost of getting that set up and spotty integration with existing pos systems scare off the tight bastards (they also have a tendency to impact tips)

I've seen a willingness to increase wages to hold experienced bar tenders but there's definitely massive reluctancy to increase wages for the lower rung of runners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'm sure the Tories would find a way to come up with a system even worse than 'company scrip'.
Like beer tokens only redeemable for Budweiser :barf:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Brit Scrip: can only be exchanged for British goods and services.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Azza Bamboo posted:

Brit Scrip: can only be exchanged for British goods and services.

Bring on the Warhams.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

kustomkarkommando posted:

Colloquially it's not just the labour cost per hour that's increased but the actual number of labour hours needed. The shift to table service has wrongfooted a lot of pub people who didn't realise the extra labour hours you need to make this work, in some cases you'd be looking at 30% increases as you have to hire on runners to actually take orders and get them to tables. There's been a lot of focus on qr code based ordering to try to get around that but the cost of getting that set up and spotty integration with existing pos systems scare off the tight bastards (they also have a tendency to impact tips)

I've seen a willingness to increase wages to hold experienced bar tenders but there's definitely massive reluctancy to increase wages for the lower rung of runners.

yeah the local pub i go to used to be two people behind the bar, now they’ve also hired three people for table service and just about keep on top of things

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

How anyone can look at commentators complaining that we’re having ‘woke’ values imposed on us while simultaneously declaring that we should force a student union to have a picture of the head of state up and not realise how hosed in the head this country is is beyond me

https://twitter.com/andrewbartletta/status/1402588451732606979?s=21

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Z the IVth posted:

Bring on the Warhams.

I would imagine this is one of the few forums with the correct crossover of age / location / nerdiness to recognise this chap.

Cleaned up and upscaled this art yesterday, maybe I'll put him on a tee for old times sake.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Z the IVth posted:

Bring on the Warhams.
That Dale Winton game show except you have to assume the form of the ruinous powers

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Borrovan posted:

That Dale Winton game show except you have to assume the form of the ruinous powers

But everyone in that show was already British?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I would imagine this is one of the few forums with the correct crossover of age / location / nerdiness to recognise this chap.

Cleaned up and upscaled this art yesterday, maybe I'll put him on a tee for old times sake.

Did you read Critchlow's Thrud comics from a few years back? They were great.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I could do quite a good nurgle.

I can think of at least one person ITT who can do slaanesh, maybe twisto can be tzeentch except the secrets are all london history and telecoms related, just need someone extremely angry to do khorne.

Actually I might do khorne.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I enjoy that we all know who Slaanesh is.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I can't believe we're seeing stories as preposterous as that picture of the Queen thing when Parliament hasn't even closed for the summer yet.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/portraitinflesh/status/1402575340136976386?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

hmbol

https://twitter.com/TomNwainwright/status/1402587088168669189

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In solidarity with Tom Doran I will be walking around wearing a Het Gymreig and putting on an accent.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1402586773499244549

keir starmer makes a dull speech, rosie duffield still a labour mp

do you think they chose the shite music themselves or was that pinknews

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

I think I could do quite a good nurgle.

I can think of at least one person ITT who can do slaanesh, maybe twisto can be tzeentch except the secrets are all london history and telecoms related, just need someone extremely angry to do khorne.

Actually I might do khorne.

That would make you hard poor Khorne.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's an interesting philosophical exercise to try to figure out if you are more fat and diseased or angry.

Perhaps this is what simultaneous equations are for.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"The left can't meme" but it's the political centre and speeches.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
imagine listening to keir starmer and saying to yourself, yes, this is the man who will lead the labour party to victory, this is tony blair part two, this is the inspiring leader who will strike joy into the hearts of the populace

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

In solidarity with my Jewish followers I'll be going around dressed as that mural that Jeremy Corbyn once failed to condem.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I think Hasslefree or Heresy (both British!) make a lookalike...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The funniest bit is that if he wants to dress up that badly then he could convert, but that requires time, effort, and personal study rather than putting a hat on for twitter points.

Reminds me of when Julie Burchill tried doing that and lasted about three weeks because she is deathly allergic to any kind of moral self-improvement, then began a years long harassment campaign against a rabbi, because she's a leaking septic tank of a person.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unless you are someone that Israel is likely to afford political favour to, either because it's ethnonationalist policies favour you in the short term, or because you're some horrific war hungry ghoul working for the US/UK government, I just do not at all understand why anyone would be that into it.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

OwlFancier posted:

Unless you are someone that Israel is likely to afford political favour to, either because it's ethnonationalist policies favour you in the short term, or because you're some horrific war hungry ghoul working for the US/UK government, I just do not at all understand why anyone would be that into it.
I guess it's a way to reconcile loving fascism with identifying as progressive?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In her case it seems to literally be "Jews are the people who can shout abuse at Muslims without being racist, I'm not racist and want to shout abuse at Muslims, so I should be Jewish" and when she's politely corrected on that she just adds one more person to the list that she shouts at.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The ratio on that Jewish roleplay tweet lmao

I guess his parents follow him?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Live Action Rabbi Pretender

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Surprise T Rex posted:

I enjoy that we all know who Slaanesh is.

They who breast boobily

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Does anyone know of a good, cheap source for old 2000ad serials? Particularly the old Bix Barton strips.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Weather is quite nice ain't it?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Absolutely unbearable when working from my hothouse of a home.

I'm thinking of getting a bucket with water & ice to put my feet in.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Look at this award winning dipshit

https://twitter.com/LeeHurstComic/status/1402148937428094983

Yeah well done Lee, the past is different to the present.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I saw that earlier, it's great because it only makes any sense if your brain is so worm eaten that you think vaccines = nazis.

Like yes I am getting the vaccine because I want the vaccine because it is good and if you don't want it I will have your dose and I hope you catch it and die without giving it to anyone else.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It owns how much these cunts whining about the youth of today would absolutely be siding with the Nazis back in the day.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Or being the dipshits who refused to follow blackout and get their whole neighbourhood killed.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

bessantj posted:

Look at this award winning dipshit

https://twitter.com/LeeHurstComic/status/1402148937428094983

Yeah well done Lee, the past is different to the present.

1940: Young britons doing a good thing

2021: Young britons doing a different good thing

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The youth aren't suffering enough for my taste.

I am proud of how much I have suffered.

I am going to go and suffer right now, and I'll suffer so hard, that'll show the youth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Don't you usually need jabs to go abroad anyway? Twat.