Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I'd just like to point out one thing in regards to how Disney is handling California restrictions on their site vs Cedar Fair on their home page.

Disney:

Cedar Fair:

Disney's is ugly, just as their site always is, but it very much gets the point across. I don't work at Knott's, but my park's site looks exactly the same and I work in a position where I get all of the complaints that "nobody told us we need reservations".

I wish we went ugly. That site design is only 3 weeks old.

Snipe tax:

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Braksgirl do you have a secret way to get us Boo Bash tickets? It seems like all Disney phone numbers are dead.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

alg posted:

Braksgirl do you have a secret way to get us Boo Bash tickets? It seems like all Disney phone numbers are dead.

You're talking to braks, but I have travel agent pals (I'm not fighting these phone lines to get covid or get it for other folks) who have been redialing for 6 and a half hours.

Wait until 8pm EST and after.

E: Halloween is already sold out.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

lol at anyone who thought charging double the price for a crappy watered-down Not-So-Scary would discourage people from going

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hazo posted:

lol at anyone who thought charging double the price for a crappy watered-down Not-So-Scary would discourage people from going

If not for covid (or if covid has REALLY hosed off) I'd totally go because as much as I love NSS, it's nice to have that after hours dark times.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

alg posted:

LOLOLOLOL

I have been trying since 6 am Central time. I'm on hold still and it's 1:05.

Here is a text I sent to a friend about my morning (I'm trying to get tix for us too so she's invested)

Let me give you a rundown of my morning:
-wake up at 5:45 to get on the phone right at 6 to buy tix
-Lines are jammed and no one can get thru
-Some people do get thru and CMs on the phone say “Why are you calling? Those tix aren’t loaded in the system yet. Who told you to call?”
-Reread email from our Disney BDM yesterday who assured us that the call center would be ready and waiting at 6 am.
-Tix finally loaded in system. Get in hold queue around 7:30
-Have to leave for pt at 8:30 but still on hold. Write down cc numbers and stuff to take on the road so I can continue to hold while driving
-Get ready to walk out the door. Call drops. Apparently EVERYONE on the phone line got kicked, even people who were on with a CM
-Manage to get in phone queue about 20 min ago. Accidentally press the hang up button while adjusting phone.
-Die inside.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

LOLOLOLOL

Here is a text I sent to a friend about my morning (I'm trying to get tix for us too so she's invested)

-Some people do get thru and CMs on the phone say “Why are you calling? Those tix aren’t loaded in the system yet. Who told you to call?”
-Reread email from our Disney BDM yesterday who assured us that the call center would be ready and waiting at 6 am.
-Have to leave for pt at 8:30 but still on hold. Write down cc numbers and stuff to take on the road so I can continue to hold while driving
-Get ready to walk out the door. Call drops. Apparently EVERYONE on the phone line got kicked, even people who were on with a CM
-Manage to get in phone queue about 20 min ago. Accidentally press the hang up button while adjusting phone.
-Die inside.

Don't feel bad. I got through for a totally unrelated subject, got to a person to talk to, and the call terminated.

RealID needs to be a thing on the site for military rates.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Braksgirl posted:

LOLOLOLOL

-Die inside.

Sorry, I thought you has a red phone to call Disney =(

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

alg posted:

Sorry, I thought you has a red phone to call Disney =(

I wish. I do have the Diamond line (our agency is the highest sales level with Disney) to call which is supposed to be the upper level CMs (no outsourced phone agents) and that's where I've been holding for the past 2 hours.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Days like today where great at the call center as you'd maybe get one call every twenty minutes

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

That is not a good thing. Maybe good for the call center reps but the rest of us are frustrated as hell.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Somehow, our travel agent friend got us tickets after 5 hrs on hold. We couldn't even connect.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Braksgirl posted:

That is not a good thing. Maybe good for the call center reps but the rest of us are frustrated as hell.

Granted it was four years ago but any time a new promo went up the lines would jam and only a few calls a day would come through.

Do they not sell the tickets online?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok, Grand Floridian and AKL aside (I've stayed there), what's the number one hotel you'd like to stay at at Disney?

I've always stayed at pop or similiar. Eyeing Poly or Contemporary but not sure which is better?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Ok, Grand Floridian and AKL aside (I've stayed there), what's the number one hotel you'd like to stay at at Disney?

I've always stayed at pop or similiar. Eyeing Poly or Contemporary but not sure which is better?

We love Pop. we've stayed at the old all star, boardwalk (kinda sucked, just too big) and Wilderness Lodge. If we could stay anywhere, it would be wilderness lodge again. Glad we got to go to Artists Point before it changed, the pool bar is amazing, the pools are really nice, it's a quiet resort with good restaurants and amazing theming.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Granted it was four years ago but any time a new promo went up the lines would jam and only a few calls a day would come through.

Do they not sell the tickets online?

This is the pre-sale for resort guests so you have to call in so they can verify you have a resort reservation.

I'm at 3 hrs+ of hold time.

Poly is my favorite Deluxe, but I've also stayed at Yacht and really liked it. I had a res at Contemporary but Hurricane Dorian in 2019 killed that trip.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

When? Contemp is undergoing some refurbs right now, but I'd throw Poly over Contemp in the next two months (blah blah covid nobody cares, fluffy)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prob October. Thanks for all recca

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Braksgirl posted:

This is the pre-sale for resort guests so you have to call in so they can verify you have a resort reservation.

I'm at 3 hrs+ of hold time.

Poly is my favorite Deluxe, but I've also stayed at Yacht and really liked it. I had a res at Contemporary but Hurricane Dorian in 2019 killed that trip.

Yeah back then all the systems queue were interconnected so even if one department had a sale that didn't have to deal with yours, your department still couldn't answer anything because nothing would get through

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
The best was when they would try to call DSS to do things and all we could do was transfer them to the main line. They always tried that for free dining.

(We could sell MNSSHP tickets et all so odds are they could probably do these too, plus I wonder if they were running a booking task so someone was just going through booking things on CL/VIP tour’s behalf)

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

A local FB page is claiming fireworks will return in late July

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The Parks blog has some new restaurant info available, not sure if ya'll saw it already or not.

O'hana is reopening, no characters, some other news.

We're not really going to be much disney dining in the immediate future anymore, my kids are disney "adults" now, and I can't stomach spending 220 bucks for the 4 of us (or more) plus tax and tip to watch them each 3 chicken nuggets and a cupcake. I could justify some of the buffet dining when they were smaller and the characters were around, but I just can't do it right now.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...runch-and-more/

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yeah I don't see any pap on my tusker house breakfast and I'm quite disappointed. I can make it at home but :smith:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm guessing there won't be any crazy deals on the deluxe rooms for another year or so yeah?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm guessing there won't be any crazy deals on the deluxe rooms for another year or so yeah?

I'm going to guess not with the current refurbs going on. Contemporary, and Poly are both getting refurbished, and they're turning 200 Grand Flo rooms into DVC units. That'll hurt the deluxe capacity quite a bit.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ouch yeah that sucks. Thanks. Hard to stomaches 600 a night. Guess I could rent dvc points

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
If anyone is medical there are cme conferences that really reduce the price. I think average is about 300/ night for contemporary. Google Tommy cross cme if interested. We’re going to the October one and really looking forward to it (omg i didn’t realize it would be so hot). Bonus if your company gives you yearly money for cme

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It was 5+ hours on the phone for me today but I got it all done. It's been a long day.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/cinderchellaaa/status/1402307914912743433?s=19

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

this is the new thrill ride :v:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

and yall say I'm crazy for recoiling from that drat thing :gonk:

it's a bright new beautiful tomorrow on the hold line and gently caress's sakes, the automated line can never find me in the system but the cast members never have an issue and I wish the automated system would go gently caress itself.

I also wish whoever dude it is would stop talking over the coolness that is the good hold music. He can talk over Iago all he wants.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Honestly with my experience with teenagers at Universal, this seems like par for the course.

Bottom Liner posted:

I wonder if the long maintenance coming up for the skyliner is gonna be adjustments for this sorta thing

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

Honestly with my experience with teenagers at Universal, this seems like par for the course.

I wonder if the long maintenance coming up for the skyliner is gonna be adjustments for this sorta thing

The one in January? It's only or a week. Or is there another one?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

One of my coworkers was on the skyliner last night during the down time and they cracked open the black box for water. All the rumors of there being a portable toilet in there are false. There are emesis bags, you know the blue ones with the white round opening to go over your mouth. I think you're supposed to use those as your bathroom if the need should arise.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I'd rather risk a terrifying ride on the skyliner than have someone's kids climb all over me on the bus any day

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Skyliner is the perfect transportation. When it's working, there is nothing more serene then quietly gliding along high up in the air with fantastic views.

And when you're coming in for the station you get just enough of a thrill to prime your adrenaline

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

couldcareless posted:

Skyliner is the perfect transportation. When it's working, there is nothing more serene then quietly gliding along high up in the air with fantastic views.

And when you're coming in for the station you get just enough of a thrill to prime your adrenaline

I experienced the Skyliner for the first time a couple days ago and this is all correct.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

So they changed up the Ohana menu and people were up in arms over it enough that it trended momentarily on distwitter sphere. Apparently they got rid of some bread shrimp and noodles that people liked?

I've never been to ut, is this a blown out of proportion,this is Disney fans so most likely yes.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

This pisses me off. But it's true, Universal has a problem with trashy clientele. It's been a problem for a while, and they don't do enough to quell it. They want so badly to be the local hangout the way Disneyland is to Southern California, but unlike Disneyland they attract the trash that a typical regional thrill park attracts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Quixotic1 posted:

So they changed up the Ohana menu and people were up in arms over it enough that it trended momentarily on distwitter sphere. Apparently they got rid of some bread shrimp and noodles that people liked?

I've never been to ut, is this a blown out of proportion,this is Disney fans so most likely yes.

People are so dramatic.