Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We've all been born and only ever known an era dominated by extreme rationality (not necessarily in the sense that everything and everyone is dictated by logic but in that everything is or can be known.)

We are now being teased with the possibility of scraping against some new unknown threshold, transporting us back to a time where you could contemplate bullshit like alchemy or whatever and just have absolutely no loving idea what is going on. That's a fun space to play that we should yearn for. It's growth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Azathoth posted:

Like, I really do think there's something happening, but I also think that every video being posted here is either natural phenomena, mundane craft, or special effects. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Aren't they, though? If not a single video posted so far is a UFO then how can you simultaneously think "something" is happening?

SHOW US WHAT YOU KNOW

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Feral Integral posted:

Aren't they, though? If not a single video posted so far is a UFO then how can you simultaneously think "something" is happening?

SHOW US WHAT YOU KNOW

I think they mean all the cellphone vids posted recently, not the Navy released stuff, in which case I'd be inclined to agree. They're fun videos and all but the reason the Navy stuff is so interesting is because it's verified by multiple people and different type of sensors, not just a cellphone vid of a bright light.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Feral Integral posted:

SHOW US WHAT YOU KNOW

Those videos match what credible witness reports have been saying for a long time. The videos themselves may not be genuine but they do represent an accurate rendering of witness reports, even if they're not actual video.

Or maybe some of them are authentic. That one that ends with the dude showing his dog sure looks good, but with the state of home special effects, an out of context video isn't ever gonna actually be evidence, even if they are fun to look at.

Edit: and yeah, I wasn't talking about the TTSA stuff, just the random cell phone vids that Pooky is dropping.

Azathoth has issued a correction as of 16:30 on Jun 9, 2021

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Aliens are real and zizek was first contact

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

blatman posted:

what the heck is e-dose? googling just gives me vitamin E shots

edit: erowid isn't helping either

edit2: looks like one of those reddit chatbot training subs is the source, this is fake and here is the thread https://old.reddit.com/r/SubSimulatorGPT2/comments/kn5ytf/edose_was_a_drug_made_during_world_war_ii_by_the/

thats because you havent taken the dose

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nArh-hexmgA

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Between the defunct Air Force Space Surveillance System, awfully named Space Fence, the Ballistic Missile Defense System's radar sites, and all the spysats floating about, there must be a ton of great captures and data if these events are as common as the Navy pilots indicated. I'm betting there are incidents where multiple systems picked up UAPs before being spotted by jets or ships. If the contacts harassing air or naval assets originated from the upper atmosphere or space, then I think we can rule out any mundane explanation for these craft.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

aliens are real and they’re Marxist-Leninists

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

We've all been born and only ever known an era dominated by extreme rationality (not necessarily in the sense that everything and everyone is dictated by logic but in that everything is or can be known.)

We are now being teased with the possibility of scraping against some new unknown threshold, transporting us back to a time where you could contemplate bullshit like alchemy or whatever and just have absolutely no loving idea what is going on. That's a fun space to play that we should yearn for. It's growth.

This is my thought as well. It seems like at best we’ll hear acknowledgement that there are objects flying around that we can’t explain, but no further insight into whether they are ETs, natural phenomena, or whatever. This is exciting to me, because not only is it difficult to think of an explanation for these objects, it’s difficult to even imagine what an explanation would look like.

There’s plenty in the world that I can’t understand. I don’t know how life on earth began, but the current theories seem plausible and consistent with physics and chemistry as we know them, so you can imagine some day testing these in vitro or in a simulation. In contrast, these UFOs seem to have no rational explanation we could even begin testing. Science is moving very rapidly on one hand, but on the other hand it feels like it’s been a while since we had a major paradigm shift. Maybe this will shake up our thinking enough that something cool falls out.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Apples McGrind posted:

aliens are real and they’re Maoist Third-Worldists

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

bobmarleysghost posted:

that's what i get for posting while pooping.

fapping and uapping

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Apples McGrind posted:

aliens are real and they’re that annoying guy everyone knows who refuses to talk about important issues because they're "not into politics, you know? I just want to live my life"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Eye of Staurongate

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Apples McGrind posted:

aliens are real and they’re excited to tell you about a new cryptocurrency you can get in on the groundfloor of

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Apples McGrind posted:

aliens are real and they’re my idiot 30-year old fail-son who lives in my wife's boyfriend's basement

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Searched the thread but couldn't find any info on Steven Greer, apologies if this has been posted before. His angle seems to be that this is a tainted disclosure in support of the MIC and that the narrative will be massaged towards hostile ETs. He references Carol Rosin's alleged Von Braun statements to that effect in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrSHMrn0Q-g.

He could just be another grifter (I'm like 90% sure he is) but his point still hits home. ETs might be revealed or maybe we're given enough information to make an educated guess, but I don't trust these fuckers on whatever their narrative will be moving forward.

Anyway, please keep the vidz coming please thx.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

no one should give a gently caress what steve greer has to say, grifter is putting it lightly

listen to the speakers at the press conference he organized, sure

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Tekne posted:

Between the defunct Air Force Space Surveillance System, awfully named Space Fence, the Ballistic Missile Defense System's radar sites, and all the spysats floating about, there must be a ton of great captures and data if these events are as common as the Navy pilots indicated. I'm betting there are incidents where multiple systems picked up UAPs before being spotted by jets or ships. If the contacts harassing air or naval assets originated from the upper atmosphere or space, then I think we can rule out any mundane explanation for these craft.

The problem with that (and it's also why we probably don't have better video on the ground) is probably that it would give away a bunch of capabilities we don't want anyone to know about. Why that would matter given what we're potentially dealing with gives me pause, but that's the only reason I can think of as to why detailed footage hasn't been released.

Given that, if we get detailed footage I think it follows that we're properly hosed.

Also yeah Greer's a lovely hack

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i know this one's fake but whoo boy is it still unsettling as hell

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

10-4 comrades

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

pancake rabbit posted:

how do you know it’s fake

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive enjoyed pookeys aesthetic posting, lol that people think credulity is at play

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

A MIRACLE posted:

they're all fake, aliens aren't real

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Apples McGrind posted:

they're all fake, aliens aren't real

:parrot:

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ive enjoyed pookeys aesthetic posting, lol that people think credulity is at play

UAPwave

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

Every UFO vid like that may as well be fake because it's more or less trivial to do. I hate that it's like that but that's the world we live in.

Even multiple videos of the same thing from different angles are suspect because there's been at least one ad campaign that did just that.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

yeah keep posting pooky I like having all my aliens in one place so I don’t have to read reddit

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

And like I said earlier, the ease and prevalence of hoaxing is what makes the actual reveal so shocking when it turns out some of those things you thought were fakes forever turn out to be the genuine article
like all those early Star Wars plot leaks when people were like "no way can it be this stupid why would Snoke just be a random clone for no reason"

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Jun 9, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

And like I said earlier, the ease and prevalence of hoaxing is what makes the actual reveal so shocking when it turns out some of those things you thought were fakes forever turn out to be the genuine article
like all those early Star Wars plot leaks when people were like "no way can it be this stupid why would Snoke just be a random clone for now reason"

nimitz story existed as an unverified account on abovetopsecret, the video was floating around online after someone found it on a german 3dfx company's hosting many years ago iirc. I can't tell if this is strong indication that the official narrative is gently drapped over bullshit, or if that implies there are occasional nuggets of legit things mixed in with the stream of fake poo poo.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Wired just put out an awesome video featuring Andrea Themely, current 737 pilot and former Air Force colonel/trainer, analyzing the footage released so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6aBWssGnng

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

am i too late to coin calling posadists pod people?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

A MIRACLE posted:

yeah keep posting pooky I like having all my aliens in one place so I don’t have to read reddit

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I'd like to know what sort of beings people would prefer for us to meet if other meatbags are visiting us.

1) Humanoid
2) Mammalian (dog/cat/bear/whale people vs ape like fuckers)
3) Reptilian
4) Avian
5) Insectoid/Arthropod
5) Mollusk
6) Jellyfish

Feel free to add categories if you think I've missed something.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I’d like it if they looked like cats but had two large antennas on the head or maybe wings

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
gonna be pissed if i get to meet aliens someday and they just look like my father

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

pancake rabbit posted:

its actually just static electricity from rubbing a balloon on your head and then filming the balloon.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

its gonna be andalites and hork bajirs sorry

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Tekne posted:

I'd like to know what sort of beings people would prefer for us to meet if other meatbags are visiting us.

1) Humanoid
2) Mammalian (dog/cat/bear/whale people vs ape like fuckers)
3) Reptilian
4) Avian
5) Insectoid/Arthropod
5) Mollusk
6) Jellyfish

Feel free to add categories if you think I've missed something.

Nipple-tortured tardigrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

mycomancy posted:

Nipple-tortured tardigrades.
They would be unkillable.