Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Obama took the first big stand against cancel culture in 2008.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
haaaaaaard coooore

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
anyone know a feed for Time for My Stories? Youtube guy seems to have stopped posting them.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Virgil fans are always the worst, rivaled only by the people who think Amber is their friend. People who think Felix is their friend otoh...

Felix is real and he is strong and he is my friend

Zedhe Khoja posted:

haaaaaaard coooore

5:46 runtime lmao

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I mean if I had to pick one of them to be a second pest it would 100% be Virgil lol

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

I thought Virgil was gay

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

that story about virgil has so many bizarre details. like why does she feel the need to ask virgils ex gf for help?

not saying i disbelieve the account or anything, but its written in a really weird way

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
https://twitter.com/jenniferseberg/status/1402494308159131648?s=21 woke college student poo poo lol. After attending my gender studies course, I decided never to forgive my father for making me prefer the Mets over the Yankees.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the bit about him making fun of autoimmune diseases is so funny

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lightningproof posted:

personally i think asking 16 year olds for nudes isn't cool but i guess a diversity of opinion is good

Did he do that? I didn't see that in the tweet thread

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

babypolis posted:

the bit about him making fun of autoimmune diseases is so funny

kinda want to know if he was making fun of actual diseases like lupus, one of those self-diagnosed fake diseases or, ironically, IBS

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Did he do that? I didn't see that in the tweet thread

https://twitter.com/JenniferSeberg/status/1402493136471949312

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm not going to get out the picthfork because a twitter account created yesterday implied but didn't actually say that Virgil requested nudes from an underage girl.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
this accusation is very similar to (but incompatible with) the 3rd hand one that was made years back. im not gonna rush to judgement either way, other than to say its plausible? there is a more thoughtful and nuanced discussion to be had wrt how much credence to lend to anonymous accusations from burner accounts, but im neither smart enough nor considerate enough to participate in that (and c-spam is not the place for it).

but unless more evidence comes out, or someone named comments on it, i feel like this might not go anywhere. unless like the daily beast writes an article about it i guess

Slanderer has issued a correction as of 15:17 on Jun 9, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/JenniferSeberg/status/1402495284647632902?s=20

lmao he's getting the anonymous smear job for Bad Faith

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Democrats really did kill #MeToo, and they're posting in this thread!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Please guys, I'm begging you. I need permission to not have to stop liking the irony man who dresses like Mo Rocca.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I vow to stop listening to bad faith until the truth is known

In fact I'll do it retroactively, from about the third episode

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

I vow to stop listening to bad faith until the truth is known

In fact I'll do it retroactively, from about the third episode

same but fifteen minutes into the first one

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

paul_soccer12 posted:

This is one of the stupidest true anons of all time and an instant fav

lol at casey affleck trying to buy the rights to brace's life story

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

anyone know a feed for Time for My Stories? Youtube guy seems to have stopped posting them.

no they haven't https://youtube.com/c/ItsStoryTimeNow

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Catching up with Ghost Stories, "Mafia torched the SS Normandy" is a new one to me

Really? I figured that was always the more likely case, than Nazi saboteurs

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

who is marie calloway

quote:

Her first book, what purpose did i serve in your life? was published by Tyrant Books and generated controversy.[1][2][3][4] A portion of the volume recounts the author's romantic relationship with a married journalist, Adrien Brody, and is reportedly based on an actual relationship with a prominent American writer.[5] Daniel D'Addario of Salon said the article upon which the book was based "sent shockwaves through the publishing industry."[6]

did virgil's alleged girlfriend have an affair with Carl Diggler

quote:

A writer in Esquire described Calloway as belonging to an "'Asperger's style' of literature,

is this a bit

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

KomradeX posted:

Really? I figured that was always the more likely case, than Nazi saboteurs

Oh I'd just heard it as an accident that people attributed to Nazis in a panic

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
virgil "Asian Woody Allen" texas

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

HannibalBarca posted:

why not just type "time for my stories" reddit into google and find the black feed

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
no comment on the virgil thing except that "when I was alone in my childhood bedroom" just casually slipped in there made me laugh really hard

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Says a lot about my irony poisoning that I thought it was a bit for at least three of those tweets

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

littleorv posted:

Says a lot about my irony poisoning that I thought it was a bit for at least three of those tweets

after the "in the style of aspergers" article i'm still not convinced it isn't a bit

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

would someone really lie to claim they were a fan or Virgil in 2013?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Catching up on trueanon. Spycops 2 and jsuc were both great. Which way Maga man had some interesting parts, but was very unsatisfying.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BookRiot/status/633760907831738368?s=20
https://twitter.com/qc/status/639233889169444864?s=20

Virgil Texas dating this woman is the most surprising part of that thread

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Catching up on trueanon. Spycops 2 and jsuc were both great. Which way Maga man had some interesting parts, but was very unsatisfying.

I have to agree. I was hoping for a lot more out of Which way Maga man but ultimately it just sounds like the convention itself was kind of boring. I kind of think that was the point they were trying to make, though, as much as the media narrative is that these are violent crazy extremists they're really just cynical grifters and pathetic true believers

I thought the part about leftist streamers at protests and the like was the most interesting part tbh

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Oh I'd just heard it as an accident that people attributed to Nazis in a panic

I remember the story being no one knows for sure, but with in a week of ît happening Lucino is out of federal prison so it just kind of made sense to me that oh yeah some mobbed up dock workers totally did this, than learning about how deeply the CIA and organized crime are after the war just kind of cemented into my brain that that's exactly what happened

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Atrocious Joe posted:

Virgil Texas dating this woman is the least surprising part of that thread

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

[puts the BELIEVE WOMEN picture frame face down on the desk before posting in the Copecasts thread]

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

[puts the BELIEVE WOMEN picture frame face down on the desk before posting in the Copecasts thread]

jennifer seberg is our tara reade

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Virgil was on abusive online men lists going back before Chapo began

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
jus' sayin' maybe there's a reason he uses a nomme de posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I'm coming in late to this, but Virgil's real name was Yashar Ali?