Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

kecske posted:

permanent all modes 24/7 mystery heroes

yeah making mystery heroes a core game function would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

kecske posted:

permanent all modes 24/7 mystery heroes

this but limit doubles on mystery heroes because it is not fun at all suddenly running into three orisas and bastion on last point

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

this but limit doubles on mystery heroes because it is not fun at all suddenly running into three orisas and bastion on last point

Agreed, similarly change the randomization so that it prioritizes a role more if there isn't one on the team, that way at least in theory a team would always have at least one of each role

Also maybe some balance tweaks specific to Mystery Heroes to take into account that certain heroes(mostly Bastion) are noticeably stronger than in regular play since its harder to directly counter them, also maybe have some Ult Meter stay across lives(say after a death it gets rounded down to the nearest 25 percent chunk) that way Ult abilities can see more use in Mystery Heroes and help lessen the brick wall effect that sometimes happens in that mode

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

What would even be the point of 'balanced' Mystery heroes?
All the fun is in the unbalanced team compositions and inherent randomness.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

adhuin posted:

What would even be the point of 'balanced' Mystery heroes?
All the fun is in the unbalanced team compositions and inherent randomness.

:yeah:

Mystery Heroes without the possibility of absolutely insane comps through weird duplicates is just quick play with guaranteed lovely comps.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

effervescible posted:

:yeah:

Mystery Heroes without the possibility of absolutely insane comps through weird duplicates is just quick play with guaranteed lovely comps.

some "absolutely insane" comps are just boring as gently caress. oh cool, four tanks, triple shield and a moira.

hell, make mystery heroes "random dps only" and it'd improve things

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

some "absolutely insane" comps are just boring as gently caress. oh cool, four tanks, triple shield and a moira.

hell, make mystery heroes "random dps only" and it'd improve things

There's Mystery Deathmatch on arcade right now.

So fun killstealing wasting 2 guys as Mercy, because they were too busy fighting each other.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Getting cursed with mystery role queue.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Just put Lucioball in the arcade year round. :thumbsup:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Mystery everything, where it not only randomises your character but also game type. Yes, this includes comp.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mystery everything, where it not only randomises your character but also game type. Yes, this includes comp.

People would still find a way to make poo poo up for why they lose

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

my favourite is when you (support) get dived every time and nobody ever peels to help you, but you get to hear all the huffing and sighing from everyone else complaining about lack of heals, failing to have even noticed you died

Bronze! (and also silver)

meta²
Sep 11, 2001

What the flip was Grandma doing at the dunes?

The switch from 6v6 to 5v5 would be fine to me if they would introduce a character with a railgun that can bunnyhop.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

kecske posted:

Bronze! (and also silver)

Also gold, plat, diamond, masters and gm.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

meta² posted:

The switch from 6v6 to 5v5 would be fine to me if they would introduce a character with a railgun that can bunnyhop.

Apparently the next Hero has a rail gun, and with those dump truck thighs, it looks like she's got a monster vertical so you may be in luck

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

dogstile posted:

Because people live 6v6 and their attempt at solotanks was a disaster?

incorrect and this mindset is what's kept the game stagnating and dead for the past 3 years

should've brought back 3 2 1 but 2 2 1 is still an improvement

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
How was it incorrect?

People do like 6v6 and people very quickly worked out that Zarya/Hog entirely do not work as solotanks.

I scrimmed it at top500 level. Every time a team tried a solo Zarya/hog they got demolished. They need to do more than change her bubbles to make up for the loss of space, imo

The games stagnating and dead because they've decided to abandon it for OW2

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Have they indicated that CC is mostly or even completely going away?

I know that Mei loses her single target freeze, but I just had a Tracer whine about "OP McCree" in chat and that luckily, his flashbang will also be removed in OW2?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Have they indicated that CC is mostly or even completely going away?

I know that Mei loses her single target freeze, but I just had a Tracer whine about "OP McCree" in chat and that luckily, his flashbang will also be removed in OW2?

They're looking at moving CC more to tanks and less to DPS to make it less oppressive, and they specifically singled out as an example.

Nothing concrete yet tho.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Hey Overwatch fans, I have a basket of Overwatch merch that needs to find a home. There is a thread in SA-Mart. Take a look!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3941476&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post508293190

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

dogstile posted:

The games stagnating and dead because they've decided to abandon it for OW2

i don't even (potentially) mind the change to 5v5 but considering all the work they will have to put in to re-balance every character what happens to updating the balance for ow1 now? do they just completely drop it? can this game become even more stagnant somehow?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

They'll probably do what they've been doing which is keeping a skeleton crew on balance tweaks and new skins until Overwatch 2 drops, at which point Overwatch 1 gets deleted anyways.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Famous TV Dad posted:

i don't even (potentially) mind the change to 5v5 but considering all the work they will have to put in to re-balance every character what happens to updating the balance for ow1 now? do they just completely drop it? can this game become even more stagnant somehow?

I know this is a "game dev is hard" thing but putting a full hold on new heroes sans Echo for like two? three years? horrible idea. New hero teases were a big part of this game's hype cycle and gave streamers new content and made OWL stages more interesting

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

There was a reddit AMA about Overwatch 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skJ3gnx_a4s

TLDR:
Testing pinging system.
Bastion and Sombra reworks (for OW2). Nothing definite yet.
Some "Large feature" will be announced for OW1 with "Timeframe between soon and really soon"
Unannounced pvp game mode on Gothenburg and India maps.
2CP will probably be punted to the Arcade.
They've considered remaking Mei and Doomfist as a tank characters. Nothing actual yet.

TLDRDR:
So lot of hinting, rumours and testing.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
If they turned Sombra into the stealthy background support she seemed to be billed as, instead of a DPS, I'd be loving overjoyed.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 25, 2021

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Doomtank? Give Doom armor!!! YES!!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'd rather they remake Mei as a tank than nerf all her signature abilities to the ground and make her another identikit DPS.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 1, 2021

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, a lot of DPS feels the same. poo poo even hanzo basically just feels like any other DPS. Genji/Mei/Sombra feel different enough, but even torb after his rework just feels like a identikit dps

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

After they merged Attack and Defense into damage, it left a lot of odd ducks. Like Mei is not a damage character. She can put out some ok DPS, but not on the same level as Tracer, Reaper, Soldier, etc. Now would be a great time to reevaluate roles.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
This is why whenever i played i ran into the same faces even in the more populated ranked. Hype is tiny and at least where I am, the playerbase is too.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
That AMA is useless, they just took all the softest softball questions and responded with "idk maybe/we're looking into it" with every single one. It's purely made for youtube speculators to have their stupid clickbait thumbnails.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

:lol:

Apparently there is a double XP weekend going on right now (June 4-8)
I only found out because I felt I was blazing through my level ups and googled.

No announcement ingame or anywhere in the launcher, but hey if you had checked the website - as one does for a game that hasn't received new content outside of the events for 14+ months - you might have caught it.

Just baffling how little of a poo poo they are giving these days.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

mcbexx posted:

:lol:

Apparently there is a double XP weekend going on right now (June 4-8)
I only found out because I felt I was blazing through my level ups and googled.

No announcement ingame or anywhere in the launcher, but hey if you had checked the website - as one does for a game that hasn't received new content outside of the events for 14+ months - you might have caught it.

Just baffling how little of a poo poo they are giving these days.
there's a promo for it on the launcher.

----
man elo hell is real. it is utterly frustrating that due to being in gold you get games where everyone is in comms calling out things and games where no one is in comms but you have the moira typing into chat, complaining about the doomfist constantly killing her. when i told her maybe if she had a mic we'd know she complained that we should see from the kill feed... well at that point you're dead... then you get lots of OTP which would be fine, except they play at a gold level.

and then the constant asking for a shield tank... when the dps is like sombra and echo and maybe the only one who needs it is an ana who doesn't know how to play cover. yeah i'm sure the reason we lost was we didn't have a shield...

/end vent.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Strong Sauce posted:

there's a promo for it on the launcher.

drat, you're right.
For me (EU) it's not in the top box but like 3 pages down though.
Guess I need to run the launcher in full screen from now on.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

mcbexx posted:

drat, you're right.
For me (EU) it's not in the top box but like 3 pages down though.
Guess I need to run the launcher in full screen from now on.

Yeah i'm in EU and it popped up immediately for me too.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Bap finally gets a disco ball https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1402066764293414914?s=19

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Man I have been too busy to play for months but I'll probably log in just to get that skin.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Crossplay is happening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAxB9xbajg

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

New limited OWL skin https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/1402688150363947016?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

So practically no changes for PC players?

I can’t wait for cross-progression and chill on the couch trash my sr with gamepad.