Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm lazy and don't really like cooking at my current place (the ventilation sucks), so I grabbed one of those 10-packs of precooked chicken bites. Mixed a pack up with the quinoa salad from the prepared food section and some Kewpie sesame dressing and this is a really nice Costco lunch that probably costs about $3. PBUC

Was ready for some weird bits in the chicken but the first pack at least was very impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I went to my 'Co recently to feed my car with liquid dinosaurs, and they were completely out of regular gas. I didn't know this until I got to the pump, but it didn't matter, because their solution was to...drop the price on premium to the price for regular.

That's some classy poo poo.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My local Sam’s has brought back the full cafe. Anyone’s Costco’s bring back the sausage sandwich yet?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

gently caress Sam's Club

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ya, but when I moved the closest Costco is 50 minutes away. I’m willing to make the trip when the sandwich comes back.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I miss that sausage so much

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

does costco only sell a 12 month xbox live subscription online? i wanted to buy two of them and do the gamepass conversion trick but they did not appear to sell any standard xbox live subscriptions at my local store

also, for the 12 month xbox subscription they sell digitally, it says it is limited to one per customer. can i just, uh, do two transactions? or is it more locked down than that

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Renegret posted:

I miss that sausage so much

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MisterOblivious posted:

An instant pot or knockoff is really handy if you don't have one already. If you get the name brand you can get rid of the slow cooker if you have one. Kitchenaid mixers are cheaper at Costco.

I know you said nothing electrical, but led lighting for your garage is awesome if you've got an older, dim garage. You can mount them and get an electrician to look your install over and make the final connection.

Get some garage shelving from Costco so you can nab stuff like kleenex/tp/paper towels/laundry detergent/etc when they're on sale. It's like a chest freezer for sundries: when you have storage space you can buy stuff when it's on sale instead of waiting until you run out to buy more. If your yearly supply of garbage bags has 2 months left and they go on sale why not resupply if you've got the space?

Get a fire extinguisher large enough to match your new range! Get a pack or two of smoke/carbon monoxide detectors if your new place is more than 10 years old or don't have an install date sticker. They're only good for ~10 years. Modern units have a 10 year battery so you don't have to swap 9v batteries every 6 months when you reset your clocks for daylight savings. 1 detector inside each bedroom door, 1 in a kitchen'ish area, minimum.

Last year during pandemic summer I stacked up a bunch of amazon prime day $$ off discount things from different sources like "buy an item from a qualified small business on amazon" and "order something from whole foods" and I think some other one, where for each one you got like 10$ store credit for prime day and got an instant pot for like 28 bucks or something.

It was the sort of thing where like its big, the kitchen does not have unlimited space, and i've lived my whole life without a pressure cooker so I never pulled the trigger on one but at the prime day super discount + all the free store credit I finally did.

Anyway they are cool! And I think prime day is at the end of the month so you might be able to get one for practically free again.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

gently caress Sam's Club

Honestly the unit amount differences are kind of weird but worth it depending on your shopping style. Costco only sells 3 packs of 1 gallon milk, Sam's sells the individual gallons. Sams sells 18 pack jumbo eggs, Costco does 24. Premier protein is 12 pack at Sams, 18 pack at Costco. Prime ribeye steaks at Sams are packed 2 per package, Costco packs them at 4, etc. Costco has way better fruit selection but Sam's has better vegetables.

Other then some company brand specific stuff or sales they're the same. Weirdly, it seems like whenever one isnt stocking a common item, the other place will have it, so I've made more then a few trips going from one to the other when I needed something that day.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

The North Tower posted:

Hey Costco thread! We got our house offer accepted! Besides a garage freezer what should I be looking for at Costco home-level? I’m handy enough to fix most minor things (absolutely not electrical, plumbing, fungus or termites), so do they have DeWalt or better tool sets on sale at certain times?

What should I be looking for? We already have our kitchen stuff (cast irons, other pans, tableware, knives, etc) and I’m buying a 15K BTU stove day 1, so that’s taken care of, and the house comes with a washer/dryer and that kind of stuff until they break.

I’m already buying my pants and puns in bulk at Costco, so what else should I look for for the suburban environment?

Congratulations!

My suggestion is to pick up LED light bulbs to replace any non-LEDs left behind for you - no reason not to these days. The Artika flat panel LED light also looks great as a modern style kitchen light if you've got one of those 30+ year old contractor grade fluorescent fixtures and works very well on a dimmer switch.

The Whalen heavy duty shelves are excellent for storage space. Very solid construction and easy to build.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 9, 2021

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

I have a grandpa story for you. My grandfather grew up in a big family in Alabama, but became a self-made man in Southern California due to the wonders of self-storage and cheap property during the 70’s and 80s. He lived in a big house in the foot hills of San Diego, in a very rural neck of the woods. About an hour’s drive away from where I grew up. I’d spend a weekend at his place sometimes, or we’d celebrate Christmas there or have a family dinner. When I got older, his idea of spending quality time with me was taking me along with him on random errands in town.

One day, when I was 13, he took me with him to Costco to pick up a fancy couch he had ordered. He designated it a napping couch, and it was a 15-foot long, five-foot deep, golden leather monstrosity. While waiting for the Costco folks to load up the couch, we got the customary Costco hotdog and a soda, and waited outside in the Southern California heat.

This is when my grandfather decided it was time to teach me to ogle women. “You see that mom and daughter over there?” he asked, looking me in the eyes. I had noticed them, the mom was wearing a low cut black summer dress. The daughter was around my age, but the mom was a bit young for my grandfather.

“Watch my eyes.”

I watched as he looked right without moving his head, and moved his eyes up and down, scanning the mom.

“Now, you do the same.”

“I can’t do that, Grandpa.”

“Why not? Don’t you have the eye coordination? Here, let me demonstrate again.”

“I can’t look at the girls like that Grandpa.”

“What? Why? Don’t you want to go over and talk to them?”

“Nope. I know the mom, she’s my high school guidance counselor. I just met with her a week ago, so she’d remember me. And she’d be sure to notice me looking at her and her daughter.”

He went beet red, and thanked me from saving him from making a fool out of himself, and we collected his oversized couch. The leather proved too slippery for him to properly nap on, so he had to return it and get another couch he wouldn’t slide off, mid-nap.

https://defector.com/can-i-take-a-poo poo-at-an-open-house/

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

low key sex master posted:

Honestly you can always say "I'm going to the membership counter" and then head off to the food court because they're usually near each other

I've done it before even though I'm a member

but become one of us

become free

become a Costcoer

I never understood the point of being carded as you enter, as you cannot make a (non food court) purchase without one.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

My wife is mad at me and out of town for work so I am going to secretly punish her by eating this without letting her have any

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You want the lines held up by even more people who can't actually buy anything?

Also they get the door count as the card, so we can adjust the FE staffing levels

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wheres the rest of the steak

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you do not want huge portions of really highly marbled meat. like horkin down 2 oz vs 12 oz of butter

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you do not want huge portions of really highly marbled meat. like horkin down 2 oz vs 12 oz of butter

Not seeing the issue. Its a marbled steak. Not healthfood.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

I went to an all you can eat Japanese wagyu restaurant and must have packed away 30 oz of that poo poo that night and I'd do it again.

Yes I felt very bloated afterwards but my mind had reached nirvana that night.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chinatown posted:

wheres the rest of the steak

They’re bigger than they look. Over 10 oz each average though this one was probably one of the smaller ones.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Meat with flavor = bad?

:wtc:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hasselblad posted:

Meat with flavor = bad?

:wtc:

See: the Dakotas and Minnesota

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Eating a high fat meal every once in awhile is fine. Especially if you have a healthy active lifestyle to begin with. That's basically what it boils down to.

I haven't had a good steakhouse experience in over a year. :sigh:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

pentyne posted:

Honestly the unit amount differences are kind of weird but worth it depending on your shopping style. Costco only sells 3 packs of 1 gallon milk, Sam's sells the individual gallons. Sams sells 18 pack jumbo eggs, Costco does 24. Premier protein is 12 pack at Sams, 18 pack at Costco. Prime ribeye steaks at Sams are packed 2 per package, Costco packs them at 4, etc. Costco has way better fruit selection but Sam's has better vegetables.

Other then some company brand specific stuff or sales they're the same. Weirdly, it seems like whenever one isnt stocking a common item, the other place will have it, so I've made more then a few trips going from one to the other when I needed something that day.

Also I don't support the Walmart family, and I think Costco treats their staff better.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

StormDrain posted:

Also I don't support the Walmart family, and I think Costco treats their staff better.

Bingo

It really matters.

King Solomon
Jan 20, 2021

I want to hear more about those little potatoes

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
They grow in the ground.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

They grow in the ground.

Get the gently caress out, no way

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

StormDrain posted:

Yeah it's not about the products, it's about the lovely Walton family.

In short...

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

gently caress Sam's Club

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

Eating a high fat meal every once in awhile is fine. Especially if you have a healthy active lifestyle to begin with. That's basically what it boils down to.

I haven't had a good steakhouse experience in over a year. :sigh:

its not anout health, its about gustation

youll be waddling out there w too much highly marbled meat

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

King Solomon posted:

I want to hear more about those little potatoes

Just this basically, with parsley and rosemary and thyme

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/simple-herb-oven-roasted-potatoes/

think I did 500 degrees for about 20 minutes

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
They take a bit more work but if you like a good roasted potato Kenji's recipe from serious eats is absolutely top tier

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Any 505 chile fans? Favorite uses?

Thinking about a jar!

Possible uses:
  • Over-rice.
  • Mixed veggies.
  • Soups. (zooop)
  • Bean chilis

I read that as 4505, and got really bummed that I haven't seen the 4505 chili chichararrones in a long time.

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

They grow in the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Hey crazy fridge guy. Please post the excel doc you maintain of the contents of your fridges/freezers.

Edit: Also please describe your emergency generator setup in case of power loss.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the best thing you can do for your potato roasting game is to use duck or goose fat. it's not as fancy as it sounds, it keeps forever in the fridge and guests think you're a potato wizard

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Walrus posted:

the best thing you can do for your potato roasting game is to use duck or goose fat. it's not as fancy as it sounds, it keeps forever in the fridge and guests think you're a potato wizard

I approve of this post. Potatoes go well with duck fat in general. Use it with your mashed potatoes during the holidays and impress everyone!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

do they have duck fat at costco

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
might be some DIY goosefat in the parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I got two jars of duck fat last trip to the co. Sounds like a good thing to try with it.