Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

iajanus posted:

Sunday is pie day. Today's is beef mince and mushroom.

I have been inspired!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bourbon fig tenderloin, potato apple pancakes, braised cabbage w/shitake.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Rice noodles with spring rolls, crushed peanuts and vietnamese dipping sauce. Spring rolls where bought out the back of a car, some burmese people raising money they say for people back home. Well they where good anyway.

Before that we had meatloaf, smoked:

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Phil Moscowitz posted:

We just got some royal red shrimp and I was looking for something to make with them — can you share your recipe?

Np.

So here are the ratios I use for either 4 U15 shrimp or ~ 3 oz of cod (or about the same size bundles to the eye), you can also make mixed ceviche with both

4 shrimp
1 roma tomato
1/4 red onion
1/4 cucumber
1/4 mango
1/2 red habanero (feel free to adjust or use serrano instead, you can always add more later)
1/4 avocado
juice of 2 limes
1 serving spoon or about 120ml of the stock we make with the shrimp shells
2 squeezes (or about 1 tbsp of ketchup)
some chopped cilantro

First I blanch the shrimp for a minute, and transfer them into ice water, save the water you blanched them in

Peel and devein the shrimp and throw the shells and heads back into the water to make a quick stock with some carrot, celery, onion, garlic, pepper, and salt... and maybe some white whine if you have some. Adjust for salt because the shrimp and the stock are your only seasoning.

You can do this the day before and store in the fridge if you are making a large amount.

If you are doing everything the same day, I take a few ice cubes and throw some of the stock to cool it down faster in the fridge.

Chop the shrimp and place in a bowl with some salt and pepper and the juice of the two limes, it should just be enough juice to cover the shrimp, cover and store in the fridge. After about 20 minutes you might want to stir the shrimp a bit.
I'd say on average about 30-40 minutes in the fridge, but it will depend on the size of your pieces so just take a taste and decide when they are the right texture for you.

Chop the onion, cucumber (I don't use the pulp/seeds), mango, and tomato (I don't use the pulp/seeds), habanero, and cilantro.

Combine everything together, the shrimp and line juice and all your veggies, the stock, and ketchup and mix well, then chop the avocado and carefully mix it in.

Let it sit together for a few minutes in the fridge or eat it right away with some tostadas or saltines.

ogarza fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 31, 2021

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

ogarza posted:

Np.

So here are the ratios I use for either 4 U15 shrimp or ~ 3 oz of cod (or about the same size bundles to the eye), you can also make mixed ceviche with both

4 shrimp
1 roma tomato
1/4 red onion
1/4 cucumber
1/4 mango
1/2 red habanero (feel free to adjust or use serrano instead, you can always add more later)
1/4 avocado
juice of 2 limes
1 serving spoon or about 120ml of the stock we make with the shrimp shells
2 squeezes (or about 1 tbsp of ketchup)
some chopped cilantro

First I blanch the shrimp for a minute, and transfer them into ice water, save the water you blanched them in

Peel and devein the shrimp and throw the shells and heads back into the water to make a quick stock with some carrot, celery, onion, garlic, pepper, and salt... and maybe some white whine if you have some. Adjust for salt because the shrimp and the stock are your only seasoning.

You can do this the day before and store in the fridge if you are making a large amount.

If you are doing everything the same day, I take a few ice cubes and throw some of the stock to cool it down faster in the fridge.

Chop the shrimp and place in a bowl with some salt and pepper and the juice of the two limes, it should just be enough juice to cover the shrimp, cover and store in the fridge. After about 20 minutes you might want to stir the shrimp a bit.
I'd say on average about 30-40 minutes in the fridge, but it will depend on the size of your pieces so just take a taste and decide when they are the right texture for you.

Chop the onion, cucumber (I don't use the pulp/seeds), mango, and tomato (I don't use the pulp/seeds), habanero, and cilantro.

Combine everything together, the shrimp and line juice and all your veggies, the stock, and ketchup and mix well, then chop the avocado and carefully mix it in.

Let it sit together for a few minutes in the fridge or eat it right away with some tostadas or saltines.

Thanks! I have most of this so will put it together.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

toplitzin posted:

Stir Friday

Nice!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Homemade falafel with tabouli. Even made some lemon tahini to go with it. Tomato and cucumber salad on the side. Easily one of my all time favorite vegan meals.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Leftover pork loin now fresh from Château d'If.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

toplitzin posted:

Tonight was after leg day, so both sauces were from Harris Teeter, but I did marinate the chicken (in yogurt, reaper masala hot sauce, penzys curry of the now powder, and a bit of lemon juice) last night before broiling.

Edit - specifically:

love this brand of hot sauce, great stuff

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The marg mix is great too.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
Cochinita Pibil

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

ogarza posted:

Cochinita Pibil

Daaaaaaym...

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Legit

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Had a craving for chicken salad today so I made some.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

ogarza posted:

Cochinita Pibil

Did you use annatto? Good job on the banana leaves!

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Did you use annatto? Good job on the banana leaves!

Yes, the recado rojo had:
achiote (annatto)
cumin
allspice
black pepper
ceylon cinnamon
clove
garlic
onion
oregano
equal parts of lime and orange juice (since I can't get bitter orange here)
salt
a bit of water

for sides I did the pickled red onions w/habanero and salsa tamulada which is grilled habanero and orange salsa, but I also added some grilled onion, garlic and some oregano in there

marinated overnight already wrapped in the banana leaves, threw in the oven with about a cup and a half of water and a couple of bay leaves for 4 hours

ogarza fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 4, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Well, I'll be damned, I think I tasted that post when I licked it

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

ogarza posted:

Yes, the recado rojo had:
achiote (annatto)
cumin
allspice
black pepper
ceylon cinnamon
clove
garlic
onion
oregano
equal parts of lime and orange juice (since I can't get bitter orange here)
salt
a bit of water

for sides I did the pickled red onions w/habanero and salsa tamulada which is grilled habanero and orange salsa, but I also added some grilled onion, garlic and some oregano in there

marinated overnight already wrapped in the banana leaves, threw in the oven with about a cup and a half of water and a couple of bay leaves for 4 hours

Nice job. When I made this I tried to smoke it in the smoker and just couldn’t get it soft enough by the time I needed to feed a bunch of people, but it was a fun shopping/cooking experience regardless.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Casu Marzu posted:

lol it was actually a recipe from tik tok. They also have a Youtube channel apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMXUm9gl84

Stupid easy, stupid delicious. The finished consome needed a lot more salt than the recipe called for, though.

Thanks for this, made the tacos and had the rest (+ broth) with some homemade udon. Both were super good, and as you said, stupid easy.

lovely photo (I was too hungry):

Doll House Ghost fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 7, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Let the barbecue leftovers commence!

Smoked octopus, chilli, lemon and saffron risotto, fried onion, chives and chilli and garlic sauce.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Costco Fridge Section Ramen

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Lamb rezala, garlic naan and amaranth masala

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Doll House Ghost posted:

Thanks for this, made the tacos and had the rest (+ broth) with some homemade udon. Both were super good, and as you said, stupid easy.

lovely photo (I was too hungry):

gently caress yeah

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Too hot to cook indoors so I threw the cast iron on the grill to make chorizo and potato tacos.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Tamale pie

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Killing it on this page boys

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Something approaching paella

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Crosspost from the pizza thread. Did a white pizza with cream and Parmesan base topped with black forest ham then arugula and burrata dressed with balsamic and oil on top. It was amazing.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Olpainless posted:

Let the barbecue leftovers commence!

Smoked octopus, chilli, lemon and saffron risotto, fried onion, chives and chilli and garlic sauce.

Well this looks absolutely incredible.

Steak and quinoa salad

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Grey mullet with a couple of emulsions and a pilaf.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Threw a cup and a half of rice in the cooker, topped it with cilantro, onion, jalapeno, and some diced chicken breast.

Cooked the rice, dumped it on a plate and voila!

One pot leftover and rice thing-

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

First attempt at a Laotian Papaya Salad. I added some rice noodles to it so it’s more of an entree. Only problem was that the papaya I got was ripe, so it didn’t hold up too well once julienned. Noodles added some structure. And actually the extra sweetness of the ripe papaya helped out the sauce that I thought was a little too spicy. So it all worked out and I would definitely make this again. Perfect for a hot summer day.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Made some baba ganoush and lamb koftes

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Chicken ding.
With jicama, zucchini, celery, Fresno chilies, and cashews.

Nicely spicy.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

General Tso’s Tofu!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Blue plate special tonight.

Country fried steak
Cheddar mashed potatoes
Mushroom white gravy
Roasted Normandy veggies

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

toplitzin posted:

Blue plate special tonight.

Country fried steak
Cheddar mashed potatoes
Mushroom white gravy
Roasted Normandy veggies

oh hell yes

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Ottolenghi’s stuffed zucchini with pine nut salsa and baked mint rice with pomegranate and olive salsa

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Ottolenghi’s stuffed zucchini with pine nut salsa and baked mint rice with pomegranate and olive salsa

:bisonyes:

For this and this whole page of good lookin stuff

I'm pretty sure this is the last post on this page but hey if it's a snipe then at least it's a tasty one