Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/btrowland/status/1402713565518303237?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I believe greek freak will break out today

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Apparently Milwaukee are 4-point favorites for game 3 on gambling sites. Lmao.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if Milwaukee got a good coach by tip I’d give them a chance

usually coaches don’t matter but bud is dire

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it would be disheartening for the bucks to put together what feels like a really good roster and just get completely crushed by the nets on their way to the finals.

but the problems with bud's coaching have been apparent since the 2019 playoffs. and to think he declined toronto's job offer that offseason so they went with nurse instead. bullet dodged.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I never thought Milwaukee made good moves in the off-season and , radically overpaid for free holiday

although If trading for jrew was the price for Giannis to sign then ok

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I dunno I think holiday was still an upgrade over brogdon. loving up the Bogdanovic trade was very funny though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can you imagine if a woman hosed up that big

she’s be fired immediately

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Apparently Milwaukee are 4-point favorites for game 3 on gambling sites. Lmao.

A weird thing happens in game 3's particularly at home, where the team down 2-0 breaks out due to desperation, so I'm guessing the "smart money" is combining that with Harden's injury

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, I'm not saying I would bet Milwaukee, but if I were ever going to bet Milwaukee, this would be it. If they can't pull out a win here, that raises some serious questions for the team going forward.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm upset at how much Milwaukee has sucked. Brooklyn is going to get extra rest when they sweep

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

They did sweep Miami after getting absolutely destroyed by them last year. Then again the Nets might be so good that it doesn't matter

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

They did sweep Miami after getting absolutely destroyed by them last year. Then again the Nets might be so good that it doesn't matter

Miami were dire in that series, they looked like a shell of the team from last year's playoffs. I guess Jae Crowder was the glue holding it all together.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think Miami’s locker room was bad

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

I think Miami’s locker room was bad

Look, you don't bring in the Jeff George of the modern NBA and then expect a good locker room. That's the price you pay.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
please give op his corncob avatar back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reality Protester posted:

please give op his corncob avatar back

I don’t think jokic is a corn cob

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

A weird thing happens in game 3's particularly at home, where the team down 2-0 breaks out due to desperation, so I'm guessing the "smart money" is combining that with Harden's injury

The "smart money" apparently bet against the Nets in game two also, pushing them to the point of only being 1.5 point favorites by tip.

I'm beginning to think the people gambling on sports may not be that clever!!!

Despite betting on politics every election I dont really touch sports stuff much unless I'm in Vegas. My two bets, ever:

-Pats over Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX
-Hawks over Knicks in game 5 last week

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 10, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I mean the Raptors were in this situation as well and pulled off the Canadian sweep, so anything's possible.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yeah hell the clippers were down 2-0 going back to Dallas and they were still favored in game three. Serious cajones on the part of the gamblers and they were right. Then again Dallas is historically atrocious at home for a playoff team and pretty solid on the road

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

In the past three games, Chris Paul has 38 assists and 2 turnovers

Chris Paul is the greatest point guard of all time and the best player of the past 15 years sans Lebron. idgaf that he has no rings

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Chris Paul is the greatest point guard of all time and the best player of the past 15 years sans Lebron. idgaf that he has no rings

This is absolutely correct and also he's a wonderful villain doing legendary heel moves like getting dudes called for fouls on untucked jerseys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

he’s very good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hopefully we are close to the end of Jokic is the MVP for awhile. Getting demolished by Pheonix is not good for the credibility of the writers' award.

This would fall in line with the Giannis Deprecation Corollary

euphronius fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 10, 2021

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think Milwaukee is destined for the urn. As are whoever plays New Jersey next, unless one of the other stars gets hurt

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid is going to die at any moment so I think New Jersey has this easy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

Hopefully we are close to the end of Jokic is the MVP for awhile. Getting demolished by Pheonix is not good for the credibility of the writers' award.

it's a regular season award my posting friend

and you will have to suffer the pain and anguish of jokic being the mvp for at least one full season, i'm sorry

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

Embiid is going to die at any moment so I think New Jersey has this easy

no one on NJ is stopping him if his knee doesn't disintegrate, though. I like their chances more than anybody in the west

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

it's a regular season award my posting friend

and you will have to suffer the pain and anguish of jokic being the mvp for at least one full season, i'm sorry

It is technically a regular season award but voters take past playoff performance into account it seems.

If Jokic flames out against the Suns I would expect his narrative to be diminished next year.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

the nuggets should lose against the suns because they are super diminished without murray

it's not that the nuggets losing against the suns would be blip on jokic's record. it's that beating the suns or making the series close would make jokic look extremely good when the suns are 100% healthy and the nuggets are not

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

This would fall in line with the Giannis Deprecation Corollary

They're missing their second best player.

Only team with enough talent to live through that is the Nets.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

euphronius posted:

yeah . KL is very good

yeah Lowry is dope

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

having to rely on Jamal Murray to not get blown out in the second round doesn’t sound very valuable.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can see you are Right about missing Murray’s rim protection to cover for jokics inability to play center defense against the suns is weighing them down.

(they’d get blown out with Murray too who iirc Denver fans didn’t even think was good this year )

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Denver can’t hit any shots. Murray is generally good at that especially against the Suns.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

but they have the best offensive player in the league ???

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I can see you are Right about missing Murray’s rim protection to cover for jokics inability to play center defense against the suns is weighing them down.

(they’d get blown out with Murray too who iirc Denver fans didn’t even think was good this year )

in the second half of the season murray played as well as he did in the last part of 2020 and i thought the nuggets were a legit title contender. the nuggets beat the clippers and jazz with them last year after being down 3-1 and they are the two best western teams this year imo. also difficult for jokic to lead a team with almost no real guard play (monte morris? facundo campazzo?) and literally play both point guard and center when he is a dough boy

ffs even will barton is out. the lineup is jokic, porter jr., gordon, and like 10 scrubs

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

euphronius posted:

but they have the best offensive player in the league ???

Ayton happens to be one of the few guys who can guard him effectively.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

in the second half of the season murray played as well as he did in the last part of 2020 and i thought the nuggets were a legit title contender. the nuggets beat the clippers and jazz with them last year after being down 3-1 and they are the two best western teams this year imo. also difficult for jokic to lead a team with almost no real guard play (monte morris? facundo campazzo?) and literally play both point guard and center when he is a dough boy

ffs even will barton is out. the lineup is jokic, porter jr., gordon, and like 10 scrubs

Philadelphia is winning with Seth curry Danny green George hill and shake Milton

what is your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

Philadelphia is winning with Seth curry Danny green George hill and shake Milton

what is your point.

and all 3 of their best and most important players healthy