Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I just want one person to ever have any faith in me. Even myself.

I understand that feeling.

I believe in you. You do all kinds of cool and amazing stuff, and that's outside of work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

I believe in you too, MN!

Even Santa Claus believes in you!

Finger Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnx3wVMlZTU
:shepicide:

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
This old man keeps calling the cemetery at 2 or 3 or 5 in the morning, super fuckin angry that his family's headstone is set back-to-back with some other person's stone, like they all are. Everything is 100% exactly in the right place. Every single lawn is set up this way.

Apparently it's disrespectful and ridiculous and he paid a lot of money for those stones and he's gonna call the local news and sue the city and blow us up on social media. The messages start off mild and end in screaming that makes the phone mic distort. And he's not reachable when you call back.

Get a hobby, bro.

It's actually fairly common for people to call and complain that we moved their stones/graves/family lots/entire lawns since they last visited.

cruft

Achtane posted:

This old man keeps calling the cemetery at 2 or 3 or 5 in the morning, super fuckin angry that his family's headstone is set back-to-back with some other person's stone, like they all are. Everything is 100% exactly in the right place. Every single lawn is set up this way.

Apparently it's disrespectful and ridiculous and he paid a lot of money for those stones and he's gonna call the local news and sue the city and blow us up on social media. The messages start off mild and end in screaming that makes the phone mic distort. And he's not reachable when you call back.

Get a hobby, bro.

It's actually fairly common for people to call and complain that we moved their stones/graves/family lots/entire lawns since they last visited.

These same people participate in local politics, too.

It's why I only served one term on the transportation board.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

IF I SAY SHIP THIS TODAY, IT IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST, THREE loving TIMES, WHY IS IT NOT SHIPPED WHEN FEDEX IS PICKING UP NOW

xcheopis

I have colleagues who lost family and friends in the last year and just recently one woman had to be the one making the decision to put her family's beloved dog to sleep and the very next week one of her sisters died of Covid.
As someone who is not a hugging person, there were hugs anyway because sometimes you need to stop Being The Strong One and have a good cry, you know? There's a lot going on. It's ok to let go a bit. Take care of yourself, too.
Sometimes hearing about family expectations of their daughters gets me super riled up but I'm mostly just sad right now.
:sigh:

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Escape From Noise

My boss is blowing up our phones because one case out 37 cases of beer accidentally contained two completely clean empty bottles. Of this was for beer we were delivering to stores or the like, I'd understand a bit more, but these were contract beers and it was 100% bottled so it's not like there was any kind of real loss or like it messed up the number of bottles. I get being vigilant but that's almost 1300 bottles bottled using a really small two head filler over two days by two people. It's time consuming and mind numbing. Minor mistakes will happen. It's how manufacturing, especially at a small scale goes sometimes.

As far as mistakes go this is so minor. I'm not trying to dodge responsibility, but the level of anger over this is completely unwarranted. It reminds me of a boss I had who's freakout over the accidental delivery of a partially filled keg was directly responsible for three people quitting the company.

Escape From Noise

Dude is freaking out. Now we have to drive an hour and a half away, one way, to apologize in person. He flipped out at us for not answering while in the middle of brewing, then flipped when I said that I couldn't respond because I was brewing. I'm definitely putting in my notice next month. gently caress this.

Escape From Noise

Today for lunch I got yelled at by my boss. He mostly directed it at my coworker. I'm done. I'm checking with my last company to see if they'll take me back before they get the license. If so, I'm putting in my notice on Monday. I refuse to put up with this.

xcheopis

Why is your boss being such a weirdo?

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Why is your boss being such a weirdo?

Probably lovely Rich Kid Syndrome. Unfortunately most of those afflicted lead long, happy lives.

xcheopis

What a jackass

Escape From Noise

Yep! Fortunately I think I can just leave. Hopefully.

xcheopis

I hope so!

Escape From Noise

If I can I'm putting in my notice on Monday.

I talked about it with a friend and she was so weirdly dismissive and talked down to me about everything. It was so bizarre and frustrating. She's someone who discusses a lot of similar issues she has with things in her life, but is like this often. It was very frustrating and bizarre and made me even more upset.

xcheopis

That is so annoying!

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

That is so annoying!

Yeah, so sorry that became a bit of an outburst. I'm going to get lunch with my coworker. Maybe some beers after work. My boss laid into him way more, he laughed it off mostly, but I feel bad about it. I'm also flush right now so I'll get his lunch and beers probably. What a day.

Escape From Noise

Also thanks for listening and being supportive

cruft

I keep reading about EFN's insane boss, and I keep thinking "why don't you just", then I keep remembering that there are a whole lot of people in management positions who shouldn't be, and I am just so, so sorry anyone has to put up with this in order to have food and shelter.

Anyway I think you're doing the right thing, you gave this jerk every opportunity to not be an idiot, and he picked idiot each time.

cruft fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 12, 2021

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

Also thanks for listening and being supportive

:sympathy:

cruft

Like I think some folks believe good management means yelling at people in order to get them in line. And that's a part of it, but it's such a miniscule part.

When I got moved into management, they actually sent me to "lower management" training, and what I got out of it was that good management involves a lot of listening and swinging your mighty hammer in order to clear obstacles that are preventing your people from doing their best. In the training it seemed clear that some folks thought the hammer was for their employees. I hope they got something out of it.

I wish I knew a way to get everybody to be kind. Ugh.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

I keep reading about EFN's insane boss, and I keep thinking "why don't you just", then I keep remembering that there are a whole lot of people in management positions who shouldn't be, and I am just so, so sorry anyone has to put up with this in order to have food and shelter.

Anyway I think you're doing the right thing, you gave this jerk every opportunity to not be an idiot, and he picked idiot each time.

He's also the loving owner. It's just a mess because, like a lot of owners who can't actually produce or do what their company provides, detectives are very top down and micromanaged, and he sucks at delineating and scheduling tasks, but only he can decide on them.

Escape From Noise

Hell, I could even understand an angry outburst. We're human. I got along really well with my boss at the place I worked in Seattle, but he snapped at me a few times, but he always apologized, next day at the latest. Because he's a loving adult.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Honestly, your boss is going to lose both brewers and that's funny considering he owns a brewery and can't loving brew.

This is 100% on his rear end.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Honestly, your boss is going to lose both brewers and that's funny considering he owns a brewery and can't loving brew.

This is 100% on his rear end.

Oh. Absolutely. I'm way rooting for my coworker getting the much better job closer to home because he's a cool guy who absolutely deserves it. He's quitting either way, I just hope he gets it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh. Absolutely. I'm way rooting for my coworker getting the much better job closer to home because he's a cool guy who absolutely deserves it. He's quitting either way, I just hope he gets it.

I know you aren't interested, but Florian is hiring...

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I know you aren't interested, but Florian is hiring...

I don't know if I say I'm uninterested, but I'm pretty sure I can just go back to my last company. They had their issues but being beligerant jerks who yelled at me over minor mistakes wasn't a thing they did.

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
My companies lock screen photos are all gorgeous shots of vacation destinations and natural wonders so you get to see what you're missing by punching the clock every day for the rest of your existence.

Ass-penny

EFN have you tried :killing:

Really just sounds like the one guy who signs the paychecks that really needs the treatment.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

EFN have you tried :killing:

Really just sounds like the one guy who signs the paychecks that really needs the treatment.

Yeah. For sure. I'm absolutely done. He's also the kind of guy that thinks he keeps hiring unreliable people, and that's why he goes through so much staff. I tried, but I'm not putting up with a hostile work environment.

Escape From Noise

Man...gently caress some of my friends. People who have never worked in manufacturing and the like really don't understand how time sensitive processes can be meaning sometimes a "timely response" isn't possible.

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
Oh, so you're just leaving me on read huh? Please respond asap

Escape From Noise

okiedoke posted:

Oh, so you're just leaving me on read huh? Please respond asap

*Throws phone at wall*

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

Sorry everyone. I know I've been having a bit of a meltdown over this. I think it's a culmination of a lot of things with this job and some of the IRL friends I talked to both sides'ed things, and one started almost every response with "lol" and told me this was life in Japan or whatever so I guess I'm just supposed to deal with it? I turned off my phone because I have a bad habit of oversharing and stuff, especially with friends, and when I'm really raw and heated like this dismissive responses no matter how logical or whatever really set me off. Like I'm doing now.

This one goes out to all bosses out there!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIWHzAw18xU

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

xcheopis

I'm sorry this new job has turned out so poorly. How long would it take to move back and is that going to set you back financially?

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

I'm sorry this new job has turned out so poorly. How long would it take to move back and is that going to set you back financially?

I'm alright financially. That was part of the reason that I decided to take it in the first place. It wasn't a very big move. I'll probably give three months notice so I have time to get an apartment I'm happy with lined up. All in all it could be a lot worse. I'm pretty sure my last job will take me back even if they don't have their brewing license yet. So overall I just have to deal with it for 3 more months, and it's not like there's much he can do about it.

xcheopis

I'm alright financially. That was part of the reason that I decided to take it in the first place. It wasn't a very big move. I'll probably give three months notice so I have time to get an apartment I'm happy with lined up. All in all it could be a lot worse. I'm pretty sure my last job will take me back even if they don't have their brewing license yet. So overall I just have to deal with it for 3 more months, and it's not like there's much he can do about it.

And you found a great Korean restaurant to which you can take friends on outings!

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

And you found a great Korean restaurant to which you can take friends on outings!

I met a lot of cool people here, actually. If it wasn't for this job sucking I could see myself staying for at least a year. Also most people in the city who know my boss don't like him.

I'll definitely be back to visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

I met a lot of cool people here, actually. If it wasn't for this job sucking I could see myself staying for at least a year. Also most people in the city who know my boss don't like him.

I'll definitely be back to visit.

:shobon: