Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Buy the intro set then buy the scum Version upgrade and you can run the tie fighters as scum version and the X-Wing as a z95 with a little imagination until you trade them to your buddy who will want a cheap 2nd X-Wing or a pair of ties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Crab Dad posted:

Buy the intro set then buy the scum Version upgrade and you can run the tie fighters as scum version and the X-Wing as a z95 with a little imagination until you trade them to your buddy who will want a cheap 2nd X-Wing or a pair of ties.

Except for the fact that Mining Guild TIEs are not in the conversion kit because they're a 2.0 product..

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

polynominal-c posted:

Except for the fact that Mining Guild TIEs are not in the conversion kit because they're a 2.0 product..

oh well no plan is perfect

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Guys...play the new rebel Awings if you havent yet (in a safe environment of course)

They are incredibly fun.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I return after getting over my shame at being an idiot who never read about Escalation in the manual.

Would anyone here be interested in some dealings?

I'd like the Aethersprite from Guardians of the Republic, the Y Wings from Fugitives and Collaborators, and the Interceptors from Skystrike Academy, and of course their relevant pilot cards and such. I have no interest in the other ships involved however. Would anyone be down to negotiate a split purchase of any of those?

I also have a bunch of parts from the 2e conversion kits for Rebel and Empire I don't want. In a nutshell, anything pertaining to a ship that wasn't in Episodes 1-6 is uninteresting to me, and I have it to trade or sweeten the above pack-splitting deal or sell or whatever. That means maneuver dials and ship cards and etc for TIE Phantoms and K Wings and whatever the heck.

Little misalignments between the kits and what I owned in 1e also mean I also have a couple extra bits and bobs for movie ships like a spare TIE Bomber dial and spare TIE interceptor dial (forget what else atm) and I have some unwanted minis: 2 extra XWings, an extra BWing, an extra TIE fighter, a Slave I, and two unwanted sequel Xwings (one of em Poe paint job) and three unwanted sequel TIE fighters, all 1e sculpts.

And I guess I have a crapload of leftover 1e bits and bobs but I guess interest in that is probably low. All for movie ships only.

I'm in the Sacramento to Bay Area region of CA, open to deals involving shipping if necessary.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Wait, what? I've clearly been further out of the loop than I realized.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Madurai posted:

Wait, what? I've clearly been further out of the loop than I realized.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Siiiiiiick.

Yergie
Jan 22, 2007
I just finished building out my FO collection, and I was a little disappointed that their ship count is so low rn. Seeing this just made me perk up a lot.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't understand why is FFG printing more squadron packs and stuff. I thought XWing was going over to Atomic Mass games.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

This is all stuff that was already in the pipeline most likely. It probably went to production a year ago at least.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Funzo posted:

This is all stuff that was already in the pipeline most likely. It probably went to production a year ago at least.

Uh are they gonna go to version 3.0 or stick with 2?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

sticking with 2.0

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
No, I've been spending money on 2.0, which is the single surest factor leading to the announcement of 3.0 any moment now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
They are slowly revealing details about the new epic ship via their Twitter account

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

They are slowly revealing details about the new epic ship via their Twitter account

Who's they? Which ship?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Who's they? Which ship?

Atomic Mass Games, the group within Asmodee taking over X-Wing. And the ship is the Trident, a new epic ship for CIS that's going to have some new game modes in addition to a bunch of new cards.

Here's the most recent tweet https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1397643912173531149?s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Just got the Upgrade kits for Rebels and what the hell only two X wing and 2 W wings? Also the empire faction rolling with 2 tie advanced? Some odd choices.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't think the upgrade kits left anyone perfectly happy. I have some unusable minis because there weren't enough dials to match them all, and I have a bunch of dials for ships that mean nothing to me. There's not really any mix of dials they could have put in the kits that wouldn't have upset someone, though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The basic math behind the Xwings is pretty simple though. 1 came with the boxed set, 1 with the individual packaged and 1 with the rebel transport. So three. Anyways I guess I’ll just photo copy an X-Wing dial bottom.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SuperKlaus posted:

There's not really any mix of dials they could have put in the kits that wouldn't have upset someone, though.

This.

The conversion kits were incredibly generous, but there was a finite limit on how much they could hold.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I would certainly agree X-Wings in particular should have been 3x in the kit. They're the name of the game and people were more likely to have 3 or more of those than many other ships because buying multiple cores for dice and efficient $ rates on minis was common (I did).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Didn't one kit like not come with shield tokens?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
But the 1e x-wing minis don't have moving s-foils :(

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
My Imperial kit came with a fairly low number of shield tokens. It was a slight issue until I bought a few Republic ships and now I'm swimming in all kinds of token.

And yeah actually no joke the harm of having excess X wing minis went down a lot smoother when I realized new minis would have sweet, sweet movable foils. Though having bought Saw's Renegades for sake of a cool paint job on a movable-wing mini I'm kinda let down - this early 2.0 X Wing has a lot of resistance in the wings. I force em open and they kinda drift back to a droopy half-closed.

Overall I'm trying to maintain restraint in buying new minis because I'm wary of a 3.0 screwing with me again. I'm not going to let myself buy 3 Actis just to run in to a conversion kit with 2 Actis component sets, no matter how much I want to fly all three now...

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I think (hope?) we won't see 3.0 for a while. That would be such an easy jumping off point for people, especially after a year and a half of having the game in hibernation. If they're smart they'll a) work on getting reprints of stuff that's gone out of stock, b) be quick on rules changes/clarifications, and c) encourage more/different ways to play (like they seem to be doing with the Trident)

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

My impression is that the game is in a quite healthy state right now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Tabletop can only be so healthy during a pandemic

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I expect they're gonna release more "aces packs" as the best way to sell us ships we already have over again. I learned my lesson from 1.0 and I won't be buying tons of copies of ships now because I want to have "room" for their inevitable aces versions. The Actis, for example, has just gotta get printed in Anakin's yellow paint scheme some time soon...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Would be nice if they rereleased the imperial gun boat. Dang thing is like 100 bucks.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Would be nice if they rereleased the imperial gun boat. Dang thing is like 100 bucks.

Holy poo poo. Two sold for US$160?? In March?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wouldn't worry about 3.0 for a long time. AMG is barely able to handle points adjustments at this point in the transition and hyperspace allows them to indefinitely rotate away problem combos (at least in theory.)

The health of the game will depend on if the competitive crowd decides to stay or split with the changes in prize support/OP. My gut says they'll prob stay but it depends on what AMG even plans to do for competitive events. It'd be nice to hear anything from them at all to even know wtf is going on.

Deadmeat
Jul 18, 2006
Atomic Mass Games now has an X-Wing rules forum: https://forums.atomicmassgames.com/forum/43-star-wars-x-wing-rules-questions/

It already some content. The rules tweaks that stand out are forgetting to set a dial, setting a dial while ionized and the sorta optional ability queue (this one just makes things more confusing). There's also a reversal of the Padme vs Palaptine interaction.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

nice, now mouth breathers will be telling me to check a forum mid-game for their insane rules interpretations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
FFG had the exact same thing?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

canyonero posted:

FFG had the exact same thing?

as far as I know, forums were never a rules source during the life of X-Wing TMG so far. was that wrong?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

There was an official rules forum where people posted rules clarifications from the devs themselves (in addition to arguing it out until they got one of those official responses).

So…kind of?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

alg posted:

as far as I know, forums were never a rules source during the life of X-Wing TMG so far. was that wrong?

You were wrong. There was both a rules forum for asking rules questions and an official thread within it that held official rulings until the next FAQ update. Sometimes there was some tweaking between forum rulings and faq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

You were wrong. There was both a rules forum for asking rules questions and an official thread within it that held official rulings until the next FAQ update. Sometimes there was some tweaking between forum rulings and faq

dang, I never saw any forum mentioned in any official rules documents. nice to know though.