Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wondering if my boy starstruck will show up at one of these events...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

eonwe posted:

imagine how scary that would be 1000 years ago

I think this sort of thing was probably less scary back then

"Oh jeez, gods are pissed again. Well, I guess we should invade something."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Slight correction, Summer Game Fest will be in an hour and a half. It'll be streaming on Youtube and Twitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXeohrnoaY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's actually an hour from that post and in about 48 minutes now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

blah it took me longer to remember to post than i thought

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

That's when the stream starts, but the actual event isn't for another half hour after that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah there must be some kind of preshow, the official site says 11AM PT/2PM ET

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can't wait for the latest reveals like Elden Ring, Dragons Dogma 2, Shenmue 4, and *checks notes* Blinx 3!?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

If they don't show Elden Ring game events need to be made illegal.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Summer of Gaming pre-show is on now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iShy60Tt3c4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Shenmue 4 ever gets announced I might laugh so hard my heart stops

Who the hell is gonna buy it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

humble games sent out an email saying they will have announcements and new game reveals at the following events:

Tribeca Film Festival stream (June 10th, 11AM PT) <-- i literally know nothing about this. i know of the festival of course. humble games doesn't really do 'artsy' but their newly acquired RE1 clone on the space station (Signalis) is pretty slick looking so maybe it'll be shown here? Or something new.

IGN Expo (June 10th, 1PM PT) - This comes after the Summer Game Fest Kickoff.

Guerilla Collective Stream #2 (June 12th, 8AM PT)

Wholesome Direct 2021 (June 12th, 10AM PT) - I have a decent expectation that they'll show Mineko's Night Market here, as it's their most wholesome game in development (life sim with a lot of cats)

Summer Game Fest (June 12th, 10AM PT) - Besides the kickoff today, Geoff's festival will have a general stream as well, which will probably have a couple more announcements but most likely longer looks at games.

PC Gaming Show (June 13th, 2:30 AM PT) - PC Gaming Show tends to love showing stuff like strategy games, so I assume Humble would show Iron Oath here (SRPG).

Play for All Showcase (June 15th, 3:35 PM PT) - Gamespot's showcase: "All of the games in the Play For All Showcase were created by diverse teams that aim to speak to important themes, create uplifting experiences, or explore subject matter that is often missing from big-budget titles." Maybe Ambition? Dunno.

The games they currently have upcoming are: Flynn Son of Crimson, Mineko's Night Market, Totemic, Ambition: A Minuet in Power, The Iron Oath, Unsighted, Midnight Fight Express, Archvale, Bushiden, Signalis

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I cannot loving wait for Midnight Fight Express, I've been following the dev's twitter for years, it's going to kick so much rear end

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

If Shenmue 4 ever gets announced I might laugh so hard my heart stops

Who the hell is gonna buy it

I will, bitch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SONIC ORCHESTRA

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

If they don't show Elden Ring game events need to be made illegal.

No Elden Ring, but instead bloodborne for PC.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you may purchase shenmue 4 from me using my bespoke currency only available in my tiny village, which you gain by playing an arbitrary gambling minigame that requires consulting a fortune teller to win, that you can pay by pawning off small prized that you can also only win from my gambling minigame. After collecting 7000 of my scips over the course of 4 hours I will teach you my ancient secret technique developed solely in my tiny village and also in the city and also by the docks: the shoulder bash, which you will use to defeat a Fat Guy, a Normal Guy, and the legendary martial artist who killed your dad.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is this the live thread? I have no expectations for this, I'm just along for the ride.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't believe they got someone cool like JBrekkie to perform for this show, truly Games Have Arrived.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why do they keep pronouncing "enix" like it rhymes with "penis"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Phew, Gearbox. I can tune out for a while.

raditts posted:

It's Eenix. Not Ennix.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh boy is it time for tiny tina

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

raditts posted:

Enix is Japanese for penis.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So they are basically turning that Borderlands 2 DLC into its own game now.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

christ

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean, I guess I liked that DLC back in borderlands 2.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I hate it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Looks like absolute poo poo. The psychic damage caused to videogames by the Borderlands and Saints Row series will never be repaired.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

"beloved by... the devs"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Borderlands is the most successful thing Gearbox has ever made, so this will be their flagship for now on, and really the only thing they ever make.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow, fantasy borderlands with terrible wacky 'comedy' :geno:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tiny tina was such an annoying, zany random (and also half spoke in ebonics) character and she never got better in any of her future appearances, even without anthony burch writing

i'm glad we don't have to deal with this threat this year

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

SONIC ORCHESTRA

...which even Geoff Keighley can't believe is real

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Borderlands is the most successful thing Gearbox has ever made, so this will be their flagship for now on, and really the only thing they ever make.

they can make borderlands all they want I would just like them to make less Tiny Tina

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Didn't they gently caress up borderlands 3 pretty good a month or so ago? Not confidence inspiring.

Metal slug tactics?!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

OH HELLO.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
wtf metal slug tactical shooter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This looks pretty sick