Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MacheteZombie posted:

Are loki episodes 30 minutes or an hour?

it was 45min

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Probably why they said 'small step'.

Yeah, but also they're right. I thought it was token thing like the star wars kiss. Plus even looking for it, I guess it was brief enough that I missed it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Well from the casting we know that Lady Loki is in the show, so it's going to be relevant to the show at large soon enough.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So hey, did I miss something in the final scene? People are talking like they know who the bad variant is but all I saw was Dude in Cloak and nothing post-credits.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Loki turned into a lady horse and had sex with a dude horse and then gave birth to another horse one time just cause he felt like it.
It's very much worth remembering that Bugs Bunny is just a modern incarnation of Loki, and how often Bugs went with "dress up like a sexy lady" as a strategy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

So hey, did I miss something in the final scene? People are talking like they know who the bad variant is but all I saw was Dude in Cloak and nothing post-credits.

There were set photos that make it pretty clear what's going on with the villain, or at least provide enough information to make a decent guess.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

CapnAndy posted:

It's very much worth remembering that Bugs Bunny is just a modern incarnation of Loki, and how often Bugs went with "dress up like a sexy lady" as a strategy.

Didn’t Mobius straight up say the bad variant they were hunting was Loki?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

mikeraskol posted:

Didn’t Mobius straight up say the bad variant they were hunting was Loki?
Oh yeahhhh. But we didn’t see him, right? Which is a weird choice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He did.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mobius said the variant was him, but not "Loki." So room for games.

Kid said the variant was the devil.

"God of Mischief" was mentioned a lot. Devil is often called the "Father of Lies."

Variant killed with fire.

Clearly... its Mephisto.

I'm sorry. I'm joking.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

they basically stuck a picture of Mephisto in there so you're surprised when it's actually Belasco

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What if they make it so it turns out that in the MCU Mephisto and Loki are just two names for the same person

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was the 16th century or whatever. 16th century French people thought everything was the devil.

Sun? Devil. Moon? Devil. That bird over there? Devil.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
The kid pointed to a bad guy with horns. I think that's all you're meant to take away from it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They also mentioned the stab wounds and Loki like to use knives. They telegraphed the end reveal just a little bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sesq posted:

The kid pointed to a bad guy with horns. I think that's all you're meant to take away from it.

They actually came out with an interview to confirm that because of all the people going off on Mephisto tangents again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
In the next episode it goes to the field and pulls up that the fire writes 'Its Loki, the bad guy is Loki, soup to nuts.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1403020579389644801?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Where's his green tiger?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Where's his green tiger?

In the trailer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

In the trailer.

I must have blinked during that bit the first time I watched the trailer. But yep, he's there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Watched until Skeletor talked then turned immediately off upon hearing his normal rear end deep voice.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
"After 40 years"? Pls, there was a He-Man reboot like every other year.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

BrianWilly posted:

"After 40 years"? Pls, there was a He-Man reboot like every other year.

Especially if you collect toys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks great and killer musical selection.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so how long until cgate pivots to complaining that calarts style has made he man too muscley

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

site posted:

so how long until cgate pivots to complaining that calarts style has made he man too muscley

I believe there was already complaining the ladies were too muscled.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Once Teela kisses a woman they'll implode

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cliche music but period appropriate and not some moody remix. I'll allow it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Cliche music but period appropriate and not some moody remix. I'll allow it.

Is it wrong that now I kinda wanna here an acoustic version of Holding Out for a Hero?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Call Zack Snyder

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Skwirl posted:

Is it wrong that now I kinda wanna here an acoustic version of Holding Out for a Hero?

*monkey's paw curls*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FnOY86v390

As Country goes it's not bad, but that song with that mood feels like an energy vacuum. I'm waiting for something that doesn't come.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

Call Zack Snyder

After Watchmen (the film) came out i complained about the terrible Hallelujah cover, only for it to be pointed out to me the movie featured Leonard Cohen's original version.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bruceski posted:

*monkey's paw curls*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FnOY86v390

As Country goes it's not bad, but that song with that mood feels like an energy vacuum. I'm waiting for something that doesn't come.

Yeah, I don't like that kind of pop country sound, I was thinking indie rock style. Like the Mad World cover from Donnie Darko that's more popular than the original.

Loki question: Assuming we actually get a female Loki in this, will it be a female actor or Tom Hiddleston in drag?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

After Watchmen (the film) came out i complained about the terrible Hallelujah cover, only for it to be pointed out to me the movie featured Leonard Cohen's original version.

I was punched in the face for correcting someone about that once.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I was punched in the face for correcting someone about that once.

Look, we both drank a lot more back then.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Karma Tornado posted:

they basically stuck a picture of Mephisto in there so you're surprised when it's actually Belasco

The villain of Loki? You guessed it... Ralph Bohner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Heh, true.

My former roommate and best friend yelled for me to quit playing "that lovely cover of hallelujah" and I yelled back to let him know he was wrong and it escalated.

And that wasn't even the end of that friendship.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Playing any version of Hallelujah repeatedly probably deserves a sock to the jaw, to be fair.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was only the one time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
To be fair, the biggest problem with the use of Hallelejuah in Watchman is WHEN it was used.