Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
poo poo, I forgot I wasn't going to watch Jeopardy for the next two weeks, I could have started Pumpkinhead later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm so mad no one knew the Gordie Howe clue.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

This is the lowest stakes thing ever but I am prepared to die mad over the fact that bravo is a television channel, not a television network.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

RoastBeef posted:

This is the lowest stakes thing ever but I am prepared to die mad over the fact that bravo is a television channel, not a television network.

Yeah… I probably wouldn’t have gotten it had my head been in the right place, but I was so primed to go over formation of broadcast networks or early ratings / commercial verifications that after it was over said “Bravo? That’s a TV channel!”

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think that was overall an easy game that felt even easier after coming out of the Tourney of Champs.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Zero One posted:

I'm so mad no one knew the Gordie Howe clue.

I didn't see it, but I'm guessing it's either "this guy played hockey in 5 decades" or "A goal, an assist, and a fight are the three things necessary for the hat trick named after this man". Am I right?

Edit:VVV :lol: that's awful.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 1, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

AFewBricksShy posted:

I didn't see it, but I'm guessing it's either "this guy played hockey in 5 decades" or "A goal, an assist, and a fight are the three things necessary for the hat trick named after this man". Am I right?

No they gave his name. The category was looking for sports teams with "I" in their names.

"Gordie Howe played for this NHL team from 1946 to 1971"

$1000 clue.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
LOL I loving love Jeopardy hockey clues.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Mayim even said afterwards in a disappointed tone: "Gordie Howe was Alex's favorite player."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I didn't notice Bialak at all, which probably means that she did a good job! I'll have to pay closer attention to today's game.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
She's done better with the constant interviews than some, but I think I'm nit picking when I say she seems to be reading the clues strangely.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I was just thinking today how she seemed to hit the ground running pretty well, mechanically. But yeah, I noticed a few weird bits where she'd read the answer with the full "what is" when nobody got it that felt a tiny bit stilted. Overall inoffensive, though.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Yeah I'm actually surprised how easily she just picked it up and went with it, I don't know what I was expecting really but it wasn't "just gets it right first try". I feel like a few of the other guest hosts left some clues on the board because they were hesitating or reading slowly, she's just flowing nicely and aside from her couple "what is" readings her little interjections feel a lot more natural than, say, Rodgers or Richards who were clearly reading the little note on the game board printout thing.

I still don't like her vaccine shenanigans, but at least she's one host I feel confident is a lot closer to Alex in terms of intelligence and knowing a good chunk of the clues herself.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Pre empted for Democrats NYC Mayoral debate here so because nobody asked...

She's ok. Somewhere between Aaron and Mike in terms of presence so about 3rd in my pecking order. Given she's spent 15 years on camera, it's not too surprising that she's polished on the lectern.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I liked her the first couple of nights but tonight she seemed to giggle after half the answers which was incredibly annoying.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

HookShot posted:

I liked her the first couple of nights but tonight she seemed to giggle after half the answers which was incredibly annoying.

That was bad. She also obviously favored the guy.

Everybody was off in the Jeopardy round and not just with responses, but the pacing seemed wonky as well.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HookShot posted:

This was driving me NUTS

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

HookShot posted:

Thank you for putting that into words. I could tell something was different tonight.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

i have a crush on julia

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I very much enjoyed Julia except that she constantly baited Mayim into continuing to giggle after every clue

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

HookShot posted:

came to complain about this because it just seems to get worse and worse

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wales, Scotland, and Island?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

big trivia FAIL posted:

came to complain about this because it just seems to get worse and worse

I feel like it's really bad tonight.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The pacing has felt off the past 2-3 games. Can't tell if it's Bialik or the quality of contestants.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Zero One posted:

Wales, Scotland, and Island?

Yeah wtf was that?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Mayim seems to be pausing to explain correct answers even more than Mike Richards, which is infuriating

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Tonight was fun! it was weird to just watch the show and enjoy the experience

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Spokes posted:

Tonight was fun! it was weird to just watch the show and enjoy the experience

This is your first mistake. Never have fun with anything.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

drat I didn't realize goons hated Mayim, I think she's a pretty pleasant lady?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
She's an antivaxxer.

edit: lmao I just read that she is also a "staunch Zionist" and donated money to the IDF for bulletproof vests. For just two dollars a day you too can know you're helping to murder Palestinian children!

packetmantis fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jun 5, 2021

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Also she wrote an op-Ed for the NYT when the metoo movement started that basically went “well I didn’t dress or act like a slut so no one tried to rape ME, maybe that was everyone else’s problem”

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
also she's blossom

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm enjoying choice to watch movies instead of the J! this week

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

mennoknight posted:

also she's blossom

Exactly.
I feel like we are overlooking that she once used orange juice in her cereal instead of milk.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Mayim sounds a lot smoother at the start of this week than she did at the end of last week. Good adjustment between the shooting days, seems like.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Weird moment today when one contestant said the answer when another one rang in.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

wa27 posted:

Weird moment today when one contestant said the answer when another one rang in.

It was funny that she blurted out the answer after someone else rang in, and on the next question she rang in and didn't know the answer.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

lmao @ correcting the contestant on the Harry Potter book.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

What is the Book of Gob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
You mean I'm supposed to pronounce Bible books right in my $3500 suit? Come on!