Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Oops you're right it actually says two is bad, gently caress!

it says one is still decently effective and likely keeps you away from severe disease (study couldn't say so stick with what we know), and your suggestion that we vaccinate half the people in the same amount of time means more severe disease for the rest of us

the half who could've gotten two doses by now will get an extra symptom or two if they catch delta, while fewer people get severe disease and there's less chance of outbreaks. oh no how could we botch it so thoroughly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
but yes my argument was actually that we shouldn't vaccinate anyone. well done, you read me like you read the chart

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

You heard it here first folks, 88% effectiveness is bad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

You heard it here first folks, 88% effectiveness is bad.

It's the nazi number!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
a certain subset of doomers convinced themselves that covid was the end of the world/human civilization. they're still convinced, and any evidence to the contrary is problematic so you start getting really absurd takes when it comes to things like the actual efficacy of the vaccine

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

pokeyman posted:

your suggestion that we vaccinate half the people in the same amount of time means more severe disease for the rest of us

The real plan should have been eradication with an actual China or Aus style lockdown and tracing, or at least wait til everyone can get jabbed before opening up everything. Unvaccinated people would die under a full 'openerup'... but I'm saying do the opposite of that- I'm really not sure why you imagined that argument on my behalf. No thanks.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

infernal machines posted:

a certain subset of doomers convinced themselves that covid was the end of the world/human civilization. they're still convinced, and any evidence to the contrary is problematic so you start getting really absurd takes when it comes to things like the actual efficacy of the vaccine

Yeah like "actually it's cool to roll the dice play Russian roulette with 33% protection"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Honestly if it wasn't for my unvaccinated kids I'd be out partying it up after one shot, definitely 2 weeks after my second. Hell, I'd give my kids their first dose of pfizer at the testing dose right now if I could.

These vaccines are fantastic, dormers need to cheer up or shut up.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Yeah like "actually it's cool to roll the dice play Russian roulette with 33% protection"

you had 0% protection for more than a year, how did that play out?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

That's not blood in my lungs, it's victory wine :hehe:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bad, don't do this, get your shot

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

The cspam covid thread is absolutely full of these psychotic freaks, it owns lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Arivia posted:

bad, don't do this, get your shot

i have, and will be getting a second, and that wasn't the point. the point was people are equally bad at assessing personal risk whether it's high or low.

if someone is afraid to leave the house because none of the vaccines provides 100% protection, that's their choice, but for most people this means a significant improvement to their daily lives.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s

But for real I did nothing and went nowhere which seems like the best way to not catch the virus, ymmv

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he should have a mask on

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

i have, and will be getting a second, and that wasn't the point. the point was people are equally bad at assessing personal risk whether it's high or low.

if someone is afraid to leave the house because none of the vaccines provides 100% protection, that's their choice, but for most people this means a significant improvement to their daily lives.

Yeah you just asked how it played out and I did not have a good time despite taking reasonable precautions :smith:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Arivia posted:

Yeah you just asked how it played out and I did not have a good time despite taking reasonable precautions :smith:

well, to be fair, that's why i didn't ask you. that sucks, and i'm sorry that you had to go through that.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

how are all of COMPAGNIE TOMMYs posts so bad

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Juul-Whip posted:

how are all of COMPAGNIE TOMMYs posts so bad

I am The Greatest Canadian

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

wow, i didn't realize don cherry posts here

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

well, to be fair, that's why i didn't ask you. that sucks, and i'm sorry that you had to go through that.

Haha fair!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

i don't understand these people. if you need something to doom about climate change is right there.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
ontario is up to 71% 12+ first shot, 11% fully vaxxed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

wait, did they open vaccinations to 12-18? i missed that.

good news

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

mediaphage posted:

ontario is up to 71% 12+ first shot, 11% fully vaxxed

first doses have kinda slowed down but second doses are going up like 1% per day, starting to have hope that i could be fully vaxxed by mid-july. my parents and my wife's parents are already double-dosed. two-dose summer? i'm thinking yes

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

prom candy posted:

first doses have kinda slowed down but second doses are going up like 1% per day, starting to have hope that i could be fully vaxxed by mid-july. my parents and my wife's parents are already double-dosed. two-dose summer? i'm thinking yes

yea im currently set for sep 2 but i'm hoping it gets brought forward into august a bit at least

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

mediaphage posted:

yea im currently set for sep 2 but i'm hoping it gets brought forward into august a bit at least

capacity and supply are both a lot higher than they were when the appointments were first given out. my inlaws were bumped up by like a month.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Even though that's not at all the case, "33% protection" is huge if that's the difference between a z-score above 1 and below 1.

That's the whole deal with herd immunity, no we can't eliminate viruses with a vaccine but we can stop them spreading enough that they die out.

anyway I still think health authorities that go completely hog wild while vaccination is still in progress are dumb as hell and it's pretty lovely for countries that are getting ravaged by the disease but don't have vaccines yet because they all went to whiny boomers who said wearing a mask was hard and compared not being able to go to a restaurant to the Holocaust.

I'm still going to take precautions until this poo poo is dead dead.

boyfights
Oct 18, 2012

HERE COMES A SPECIAL BOYGIRL
Breaking out of my lurker shell for maaaaybe the second time? To share that a business card was stuck in my car window with weresist.ca and something something country burning. Worst case Ontario lmao

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
the second pfizer shot hits pretty hard, wasn't sick or anything just felt really really sore for 24 hours

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

wow, i didn't realize don cherry posts here

Cherry would make a great poster

Flipping between praising the troops/unions and decrying cancel culture/stumping for the Tories

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

DariusLikewise posted:

the second pfizer shot hits pretty hard, wasn't sick or anything just felt really really sore for 24 hours

For me the sore arm isnt too bad, but Ive had some pretty intense nausea. Nothing unmanageable, but Im taking a sick day to rest and recover.

Its a little unpleasant, but I have zero regrets. So glad to get it done.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

DariusLikewise posted:

I'd take that over the first shot. It kicked my already bad allergies into overdrive and made existing quite unpleasant. Sore would be nicer for me I think.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Blood Boils posted:

Cherry would make a great poster

Flipping between praising the troops/unions and decrying cancel culture/stumping for the Tories

when did cherry praise unions (besides cops/firefighters)?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
sorry about a Vice link but

Vice posted:

People in Canada Are Cancelling Canada Day

A major city and at least one Indigenous community have cancelled Canada Day because it pays tribute to the countrys genocidal relationship with First Nations.

That major city they allude to is Victoria. I dunno if itll get traction nationally, but Im down for #CancelCanadaDay

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dbd48/people-in-canada-are-cancelling-canada-day

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

wow the radical left is coming for my holidays ??

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

BGrifter posted:

sorry about a Vice link but

That major city they allude to is Victoria. I dunno if itll get traction nationally, but Im down for #CancelCanadaDay

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dbd48/people-in-canada-are-cancelling-canada-day

I love this. Let's just cancel nationalism altogether. Seriously. You can't have wars without nationalism.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Another Bill posted:

Let's just cancel nationalism altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

In Ontario, am I allowed to book a second shot at pharmacies if it's been 28 days, or is it more age gating