Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

utah might be the one team i'd give a chance against healthy brooklyn if conley comes back healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Both games tonight were very good but for very different reasons

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Mitchell is sooooooo loving nasty and fun to watch

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

Mitchell is sooooooo loving nasty and fun to watch

I really hope he's okay.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Basically they need the career 42% three point shooters on the Nets to continue hitting only 25% of their shots to have a chance of winning four games.

Giannis feels like a solved problem for even the Nets defense. Has been for years now in terms of the postseason.

Yeah he really needs to unfuck his shot or go to a shot doctor at this point because the game he plays works well until the postseason when teams specifically plan around his weaknesses. There's a whole catalogue of videos out there with Youtube Analysts pointing out how he hosed up his shot

If you take a volume of shots, you really can't be both a bad shooter and have a bad FT%, otherwise there's nothing stopping a proper game plan forming around "hard fouls near the rim".

Bud appears to be a bad coach, though, and can't figure out a plan to work around these deficiencies, either.

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Basically they need the career 42% three point shooters on the Nets to continue hitting only 25% of their shots to have a chance of winning four games.

Giannis feels like a solved problem for even the Nets defense. Has been for years now in terms of the postseason.

nah, if you're the bucks you gotta be feeling pretty good about this horribly ugly win.

the bucks were just as cold as the nets from 3. if you take away the 8 (what the gently caress) giannis 3s, the bucks go from 6-31 to 5-23. their offense looked horribly bad, but it had flashes of being good with middleton running the half court instead of giannis. the defense also alternated between being incredible and turning bruce brown into the best roll man of all time, but they mostly managed to lock that last part down in the fourth.

idk, seems like that game gives a blueprint for the bucks to win game 3 (hit giannis with a spray bottle if he ever takes a 3 with more than 10 on the shot clock, run the ball through middleton in the half court)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

utah might be the one team i'd give a chance against healthy brooklyn if conley comes back healthy

why would they match up better then a healthy sizers

(neither of them match up well imho)

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the Sixers at least have a combination of perimeter defense and rim protection, instead of strictly the latter. Harden, Durant and Kyrie would easily expose Gobert, much like ben Simmons did when he dropped 42 on the jazz

I'm excited to watch Shake Milton play basketball in a few hours

e: too easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbezMUTAtg8

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can’t use single game scoreds againsts to judge defense. it’s a little more nuanced than that

well actually no I’m wrong. that is correct for the regular season. for the playoffs match ups are important

sorry !!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
representative of the MVP voters
https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1403041766543134722

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

Utah seems deeper to me. Top two sixth man finishers after all. They give me 2002/2003 Kings vibes in terms of how balanced and well constructed they are

76ers have the best player in the league though imo and Nets struggle with interior defense, so that might be interesting. I just see the Jazz as the team most capable of slowing the Nets down while also hitting a zillion 3s against the weak d of Kyrie and Harden

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://twitter.com/realonlineboy/status/1403443992872640512?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Utah has an explosive three-point shooting offense that can maybe kinda sorta keep up with the Nets and a solid defense that can give them enough trouble to slow them down a bit if their threes aren't falling. Basically a puncher's chance.

Sixers have... less than that. Also Embiid's knee could fall apart at any moment.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

76ers have the best player in the league though imo

good to see some Shake Milton fans exist in this thread too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

Utah seems deeper to me. Top two sixth man finishers after all. They give me 2002/2003 Kings vibes in terms of how balanced and well constructed they are

76ers have the best player in the league though imo and Nets struggle with interior defense, so that might be interesting. I just see the Jazz as the team most capable of slowing the Nets down while also hitting a zillion 3s against the weak d of Kyrie and Harden

yeah Utah hitting a zillion 3s seems like an issue
they have absolutely no one that can guard Durant . Simmons might be the X factor

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

when the dogwhistles are bullhorns

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a gentlemen and not a th*g!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is exactly what I’ve been criticizing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m watching nba tv pregame and the only stat being mentioned is points per game

how can people live like this

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

obviously boebert is racist and not aware that jokic is actually the joker

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1403450900765622273?s=21

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I’m watching nba tv pregame and the only stat being mentioned is points per game

how can people live like this

imo the most useless stat of the big five is rebounds. people thought drummond and hassan whiteside were top 20 or 30 players for awhile because they would nab an insane amount despite the fact that most of them were just automatic defensive rebounds. it's better as a team statistic than an individual one imo, especially these days when the game is so fast that rim protectors are getting more and more obsolete

points at least have efficiency/shooting stats, and with assists you have assist/turnover ratios and assist percentage is a useful indicator (rebounds have this too, but i feel like it's easier for a teammate to get a rebound in the absence of a good rebounder than for assists to happen the same way)

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 12, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

rebounding is incredibly important but yeah individual rebounds are kind of not that important

also assists which are not even “objective”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this pregame show has been 100% traw young

it’s unreal

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The best thing about the sixers now is that simmons can get away with playing like draymond and being a third/fourth option when their shooters are hot. He's not great in the half court unless he's passing. Main benefit to him stepping up would be taking pressure off Embiid's body

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tobias and Curry are also scoring tons

it’s hard to fault Simmons when their ortg is really good when he plays idk. yes in static half court he’s .. static .. but his defense and transition lead to great offense

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

omg more hawks chat Jesus Christ

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

espn calling djokovic djoker just like the jokic nickname. is this anti-slav/serbian racism?!?!?!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

omg more hawks chat Jesus Christ

yeah what the gently caress i was at least expecting a little sixers after the last commercial break

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Solomon hill starting

goood

goood

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the audio mixing on this game sounds weird

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

not a great start

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
omg bogdan what

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

when the kings got rid of bogdan i knew he'd end up being great because we're a cursed team

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
danny green lol. feels like a net negative until he goes 6-6 from the corner

e: already pulled for Thybulle

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 12, 2021

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
god drat Ben

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

huge intensity on both sides

Stevie Lee