Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I was already pretty resigned to the next few decades just getting increasingly worse for almost everyone, but if hostile aliens want to speed that process up for all of us simultaneously well I guess I'd be ok with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Wheeee posted:

https://youtu.be/LYUHEC4RAkM

increasingly sounding like a psyop

If you listen to what this Elizondo guy is saying, and if you consider not just the released videos but all of the additional data alleged.to exist, there's two possible outcomes: The American military is lying for some reason, or our fundamental understanding of reality is about to drastically change in the coming years because there's decades worth of radar, sensor, photo, video, satellite, and eye-witness evidence of extant technology which breaks or ignores our presently accepted laws of physics and which has existed since the early 20th century at least.

Until evidence is released for analysis to the public and we're not stuck just taking the military and intelligence agencies at their words, I imagine it's a wee bit more likely that they're lying and falsifying to cover for some bullshit like stealth drone programs all over other countries who are starting to notice.
Yeah I agree. I wonder if the UAP report will include new videos, maybe an HD photo of that triangle one coming out of the ocean, or even just redacted .txt reports of the supposed 120+ recorded cases of unexplainable UAPs.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
part of why this whole arc has been so weird is that taken at face value elizondo is clearly a fucken crackpot...but then he appears to maybe have some legitimacy, actual govt credentials?? But then maybe not really and he's just a grifter? I don't fuckin know.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

In thirty years time, this entire incident will be a card in Twilight Struggle II.

OP 1

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Wheeee posted:

https://youtu.be/LYUHEC4RAkM

https://youtu.be/K9hLuKMOesw

increasingly sounding like a psyop

If you listen to what this Elizondo guy is saying, and if you consider not just the released videos but all of the additional data alleged.to exist, there's two possible outcomes: The American military is lying for some reason, or our fundamental understanding of reality is about to drastically change in the coming years because there's decades worth of radar, sensor, photo, video, satellite, and eye-witness evidence of extant technology which breaks or ignores our presently accepted laws of physics and which has existed since the early 20th century at least.

Until evidence is released for analysis to the public and we're not stuck just taking the military and intelligence agencies at their words, I imagine it's a wee bit more likely that they're lying and falsifying to cover for some bullshit like stealth drone programs all over other countries who are starting to notice.

By buzzing their own navy? They could have just sat everyone on the Nimitz down and said "this is related to a secret program, DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS", but they didn't.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
best way to test it out vs radar/pilots etc without accidentally starting wwiii

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
yeah sure the US military complex developed a device that has broken physics and minds everywhere, but they can also make an airplane out of sugar and watch it dissolve in the rain

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

[UFOs] in this house we believe US intelligence agencies

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
my brother is extremely skeptical about all the UFO stuff to the point he mocks it if its ever brought up

he and i saw a UFO together in Arizona at like 3am on a highway in the year 2001 that scared the poo poo out of him for two days, couldnt sleep, lmao

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
maybe some psychological warfare all-in-one hybrid of drugging the pilots/projections/plasmaballz/weather balloons/radar spoofing/drones? testing out its ability to freak out their own guys before deploying it elsewhere.

the problem is, if it's a psyop, the "report" is probably going to be a mix of redacted pages and hyping up the mystery side of things. and if it's aliens visiting us, the report's going to look exactly the same. so gently caress me i guess.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the only position is saucers are legitimate, released military intelligence on them is illegitimate

the take so hot it put the crack in the pot

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

best way to test it out vs radar/pilots etc without accidentally starting wwiii

You don't need an insane "aliens are real and here" cover story if you just let the navy know it's experimental tech in the first place though.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

gonna be so mad if it's all an op with faked data and their secret drones don't even have crazy tech

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

has the government released anything actually new that wasn't previously leaked? If they don't release any additional high res footage or 3d radar data we all know they have then yeah, psyope but they're still real

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

But then why doesn't china just be the ones known as the country that discovered aliens

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Google Butt posted:

has the government released anything actually new that wasn't previously leaked?

mmmmnope

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Wheeee posted:

[UFOs] in this house we believe US intelligence agencies

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Exactly, they're hiding the documents. It's all real, for sure.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

You don't need an insane "aliens are real and here" cover story if you just let the navy know it's experimental tech in the first place though.

the cover story has always just been 'wow that was weird'. maybe they want to see how an advanced military would respond without knowing what it is

Farm Frenzy has issued a correction as of 06:38 on Jun 11, 2021

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Google Butt posted:

has the government released anything actually new that wasn't previously leaked? If they don't release any additional high res footage or 3d radar data we all know they have then yeah, psyope but they're still real

Corbell's leaks are backed by the navy.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

on this topic my posting conscious is clear. make that the thread title if you must but i am not a chump, dont print in the paper that im a chump

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

im suing if we've had interdimensional travel ability for 70 years and yet my TAX DOLLARS went to nasa

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Corbell's leaks are backed by the navy.

confirming leaks as bonafide naval recordings isnt the same as releasing additional (any) data

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
I'm not looking it up, but I bet the military has test sites with the best possible detection equipment. Really don't see why you would need to constantly harass your own pilots/navy

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

some of the "it's the gov" explanations are so far-fetched you may as well just be saying the gov ARE the aliens

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
honestly not a bad theory. doesn't bode well for humans though

although nothing really does.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Think Less posted:

I'm not looking it up, but I bet the military has test sites with the best possible detection equipment.

maybe youre thinking of HAARP (Horny Aliens Are Ready to Play) built by my BAE?

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 06:51 on Jun 11, 2021

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

with climate change on the horizon, I really hope it's aliens, that's a way more fun way to go out

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The Saucer Hovers posted:

confirming leaks as bonafide naval recordings isnt the same as releasing additional (any) data

There's no way that iPhone recording of the radar screens in the CIC would have come out if the navy weren't on board.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

the only ground im willing to cede the military is that they wouldnt release footage from a system that they havent already sold to everyone else or know for a fact that said systems capabilities are already well known and anyone whose anyone has them.

there may be super HD stuff theyre sitting on that we will never see simply cos it was filmed via some classified system

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/ufob0t/status/1403230619740561408

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

In thirty years time, this entire incident will be a card in Twilight Struggle II.

OP 1

p sure its already in that Illuminatus card game by Steve Jackson lol

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj13Y_H6lDo

many such questions

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

holy poo poo p model has entered the chat

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

newly released high def footage from the Puerto Rico incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc6J5rlKhIc

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

holy poo poo p model has entered the chat

knew you were cool bro

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Actually, the Libertarian Party Debates was when alien contact was first made, it turns out they are Libertaliens.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
I am the pilot of the ship, sorry for doing tic tac drivebys on u all

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

I like this better than HAARP is a weather control project, but not as much as HAARP is a mind control project that was responsible for the LA riots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

WEH posted:

knew you were cool bro

a song to look at the night sky to from me to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSEtt_bmMD0