Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I don't give a poo poo about Canada Day as long as I still get the day off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i'm just here for the fireworks and maybe a spicy sausage dog dude

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

prom candy posted:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

prom candy posted:

I'm very happy not attending a public celebration of anything every again. Thank you COVID-19 for normalizing isolationism.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Just make Canada Day Pride 2. I mean at least in Winnipeg Pride weekend and Canada Day end up being basically the same thing*, only Pride is way more cool and the music is better and it's got the bonus of being both a party and a protest against injustice instead of being a party and a whitewashed celebration of a nation born of and still benefiting from oppression.

And ya gently caress losing that day off but make it the first Monday in July. It blows rear end when the stat falls in the middle of the week.

EDIT: basically the same thing from the perspective of what happens at The Forks, the rest of it is VASTLY different.

EvilJoven has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Jun 11, 2021

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

Terror Sweat posted:

In Ontario, am I allowed to book a second shot at pharmacies if it's been 28 days, or is it more age gating

I believe pharmacy bookings are supposed to follow the same guidelines that the PHUs and provincial government are using. So I would say no, not allowed if you've had your first shot already and are not in one of the groups designated by the province as eligible for second doses. However I don't know if pharmacies have the means to validate when/if you received a first dose administered elsewhere so maybe people are doing that idk

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

EvilJoven posted:

Just make Canada Day Pride 2. I mean at least in Winnipeg Pride weekend and Canada Day end up being basically the same thing*, only Pride is way more cool and the music is better and it's got the bonus of being both a party and a protest against injustice instead of being a party and a whitewashed celebration of a nation born of and still benefiting from oppression.

And ya gently caress losing that day off but make it the first Monday in July. It blows rear end when the stat falls in the middle of the week.

EDIT: basically the same thing from the perspective of what happens at The Forks, the rest of it is VASTLY different.

I was thinking more like Indigenous Visibility day or something, where the people we murdered to build this country get the spotlight.

Pride 2 should be in September or October, since the heat of June is homophobic.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

prom candy posted:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Terror Sweat posted:

In Ontario, am I allowed to book a second shot at pharmacies if it's been 28 days, or is it more age gating

If you live in Toronto, Peel Region, Porcupine, Halton Region, Waterloo, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph and York Region you can book your second dose if your first was on or after May 9. Failing that unless you're 70+ you're SOL.

edit: on or BEFORE

prom candy has issued a correction as of 20:01 on Jun 11, 2021

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

prom candy posted:

If you live in Toronto, Peel Region, Porcupine, Halton Region, Waterloo, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph and York Region you can book your second dose if your first was on or after May 9. Failing that unless you're 70+ you're SOL.

as someone who got pfized on 5/13, it brings me no pleasure to report that it's on or before 5/9, not on or after. otherwise current guidance says wait till August 2

Muscle Tracer has issued a correction as of 19:22 on Jun 11, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Muscle Tracer posted:

as someone who got pfized on 5/13, it brings me no pleasure to report that it's on or before 5/9, not on or after. otherwise current guidance says wait till August 2

Also that as of yet does not apply to astra zeneca recipients

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

prom candy posted:

Not quite, outside of the hotspots you can book a second if your first (Pfizer or Moderna) dose was before April 18th, I just had mine yesterday.

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

5/10 over here and regretting not waking up an hour earlier that day eligibility expanded.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Likewise I got my first shot on may 11 and look forward to the delta variant savaging my dick and balls in the meantime

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

just found out I have some lumpy thing on my pancreas and will have to wait a couple weeks for a CT scan

feeling extremely bitter about all the anti maskers keeping the hospitals busy rn

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

a primate posted:

just found out I have some lumpy thing on my pancreas and will have to wait a couple weeks for a CT scan

feeling extremely bitter about all the anti maskers keeping the hospitals busy rn

ugh i’m sorry, fingers crossed it comes out ok

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

mediaphage posted:

ugh i’m sorry, fingers crossed it comes out ok

thanks, all I can think of is how I’d already know what it is if old Fordy Boy didn’t open ‘er up

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

a primate posted:

:( That sucks, CT scans are def. a pain to get right now. My mom had to wait 2 weeks, and drive to a nearby city at 3 AM to get one recently.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
https://twitter.com/nicbufflin/status/1403425581987889153?s=19

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:sickos:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

lol owned

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

:bisonyes:

Wait, which dickhead politician was he? I've lost track with all of our fascist and fash-adjacent shithead politicians.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

BGrifter posted:

sorry about a Vice link but…

That major city they allude to is Victoria. I dunno if it’ll get traction nationally, but I’m down for #CancelCanadaDay

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dbd48/people-in-canada-are-cancelling-canada-day

I'm in Victoria and I'm dreading this, the whining from our huge boomer/child population is going to be deafening.

Maybe it'll shut them up about bike lanes for a bit though, silver linings

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Randalor posted:

Wait, which dickhead politician was he? I've lost track with all of our fascist and fash-adjacent shithead politicians.

The guy who almost won leadership on the Tories and then lost his mind when he didn't

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Randalor posted:

People's Party leader

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Bernier worked in Harper's cabinet, left when he decided the cons weren't racist enough.

created his own party (People's Party of Canada) and gave them their only seat, which he immediately lost when an actual election rolled around

he's the canadian version of Farage or Le Pen

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Randalor posted:

Canada’s racistliest boy who started the PPC when an anime convention caused him to lose the conservative leadership race to cursed doll who wished to become a real boy Andrew Scheer

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

anyways here is a presentation on toronto's condo situation i enjoyed

helps that the guy has a great accent and delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0vDEyLh1yM

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

cursed doll who wished to become a real boy Andrew Scheer

are you sure you're not thinking of harper there? or maybe that's just a common origin story for conservatives

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
bernier thought he could win seats by literally ctrl+c ,ctrl+ving the libertarian party of canadas platform, finding shitheads in every riding to run(or parachuting them in) and being racist

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Alctel posted:

I'm in Victoria and I'm dreading this, the whining from our huge boomer/child population is going to be deafening.

Maybe it'll shut them up about bike lanes for a bit though, silver linings

With the bulk of the whining coming from the surrounding cities

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

bernier thought he could win seats by literally ctrl+c ,ctrl+ving the libertarian party of canadas platform, finding shitheads in every riding to run(or parachuting them in) and being racist

seems like a solid strategy to me. not sure why it didn't work

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

seems like a solid strategy to me. not sure why it didn't work

canadians prefer their racism to be polite

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
vaccine update: my wife was calling pharmacies here in Hamilton to see if we could get on a waiting list for cancellations or whatever and one of them just gave us appointments for next week. all of them were keeping waiting lists so it's worth calling around a bit if you have time. we got Moderna on May 9th and we're both in our 30s but i think some pharmacies have a lot more doses than appointments.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Durf posted:

canadians prefer their racism to be polite

precisely. i mean that's just not how it's done

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Got vaxxed on May 15, time to be a second class citizen again :getin:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Okay I put my name on a couple standby lists. If there's any cancellations they'll call me. Dope, independent pharmacies don't give a gently caress

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alberta. booked yesterday and got dose 2 today. The vaccination site was crazy busy, had to wait almost 45 minutes in line after my appointment time.

We might actually get past this whole mess.

I'm not magnetic yet, but i can bend spoons with my mind.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

are you sure you're not thinking of harper there? or maybe that's just a common origin story for conservatives

Harper was the second attempt in a failed cloning experiment, as evidenced by the existence of the even worse first attempt.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Terror Sweat posted:

Okay I put my name on a couple standby lists. If there's any cancellations they'll call me. Dope, independent pharmacies don't give a gently caress

I think they're just trying to get through their doses, nobody wants to be chucking them out. Some friends of ours got called for a cancellation yesterday so it's definitely happening. hope you get the call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Just a friendly reminder that andrew scheer only beat maxime bernier by 644.4 pts (whatever that means it was 50.95%| 49.05%) in 2017 conservative leadership race