Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Judge Tesla posted:

Oh there's no way this is ever coming to the Switch then.

Actually, it's possible. Obviously it won't be as nice looking as the PS4/5 / PC versions, but UE5 is supposed to be on Switch in some form.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-this-is-next-gen-unreal-engine-running-on-playstation-5
(one single mention here)

I hope all these games come to PlayStation since that's my preferred platform. But the more versions, the better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
They also built a completely different version of XI on 3DS that they didn't bother localizing so they may do that again. I don't think there's any way they pass up the Switch though.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

There are the perennial rumors of an upgraded Switch coming out, so by the time 12 is released something like that might be out and be able to run it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Len posted:

I subbed for a buck the other week and I dunno maybe the PC selection is just real bare bones but same

Rain on your parade was fun though

I thought I would get the Rare games. But that's only on a DIFFERENT Gamepass subscription tier, and only on mobile. Like why TF can I not stream on my PC but I can on my phone

Skrill.exe posted:

They also built a completely different version of XI on 3DS that they didn't bother localizing so they may do that again. I don't think there's any way they pass up the Switch though.

Isn't the 2D version in XI S this?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I thought I would get the Rare games. But that's only on a DIFFERENT Gamepass subscription tier, and only on mobile. Like why TF can I not stream on my PC but I can on my phone

I think that's the only xbone exclusive game still and everything else is also on PC

I thought there would be games I wanted to play but it's all indie games and old ports. But at least I didn't pay real money for Carrion because man was that a stinker

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It is but there's also a low-res 3D mode in the 3DS version that's like the other 3D versions and I assume it's not built on UE4. So I guess they went to the trouble of making 3 completely separate versions.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, the 3DS version has a 2D view in it, but it's more than just having a 2D view.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
Would anyone be kind enough to upload a PC save of XI-S from the start of the postgame? The amount of retreading of old locations in Act 2 was irritating enough already when I played the original version, and doing it again for the special edition isn't going to endear the game to me any further. Thanks in advance.

Clarification, sorry: Beginning of Act 3.

Rianlee fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 30, 2021

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rianlee posted:

Would anyone be kind enough to upload a PC save of XI-S from the start of the postgame? The amount of retreading of old locations in Act 2 was irritating enough already when I played the original version, and doing it again for the special edition isn't going to endear the game to me any further. Thanks in advance.

Do you meant Act 3 or the single extra thing you can unlock as postgame after beating act 3?

it doesn't really matter I have it on Switch

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

I linked your work to the guy who made the machine translated patch, hope that's okay. You did say to spread it. He's put together a patch using your translation.
https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/40623-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3-professional-english-patch/

I look forward to playing it. Thanks for the hard work.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Edit: Oops

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I linked your work to the guy who made the machine translated patch, hope that's okay. You did say to spread it. He's put together a patch using your translation.
https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/40623-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3-professional-english-patch/

I look forward to playing it. Thanks for the hard work.

Someone also linked it in the translations discord right in front of the lead translator's face lmao.

I wonder how that'll go, the dude seems almost entirely humorless.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
What exactly did Joker 3 professional add to the game? I'm guessing some more monsters and maybe an extra area or something?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So over the weekend I played the XI S PC demo and liked it enough to get the full game. Everything seems fairly straight forward, but the skill tree board makes me cautious. Do you get enough skill points to fill out the board or do I have to worry about gimping my characters?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I dunno if you get enough to fill the whole thing but you can't gimp your characters, respeccing is real easy. It's one of the options at save statues

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You won't have enough points to fill the board unless you're power-grinding, but respeccing is trivial. Also you won't need to fill the board unless you're juggling weapon types mid-battle.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If you can't max it just by hitting level 99 I think there's an enemy with seeds of skill as a (rare?) drop.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MH Knights posted:

So over the weekend I played the XI S PC demo and liked it enough to get the full game. Everything seems fairly straight forward, but the skill tree board makes me cautious. Do you get enough skill points to fill out the board or do I have to worry about gimping my characters?

You're not permanently locked into whatever points you take for people so you can't get yourself stuck.

And yeah, pretty much every save point let's you reset people's skills so you can apply them somewhere else or smarter if you want to.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if you level a character to 99 and give them a reasonable number of skill seeds (ie 5-10 maybe) they'll have enough points to unlock all but one panel on their board, which will most likely be a filler stat panel that you'd been putting off for ages anyway

most characters can safely ignore entire chunks of their board with little issue because the skills are often confined to specific weapons. only erik has really crazy synergy with all his board's major skills

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't wait for all the enemies to bleed in DQ 12 a Dragon Quest for adults.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

RareAcumen posted:

While the classic midi music plays in the background

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MH Knights posted:

Just concentrate on one weapon skill per character and the ones not tied to weapons and you'll be fine. respeccing is easy and doesn't cost much so if you want to switch weapons on a character that's also easy, so you won't permanently gimp your character.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2kfA3Q5k78

:byodood: oh my loving god someone please take me here :byodood:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ofecks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cph2QjATgeo

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Evil Fluffy posted:

What exactly did Joker 3 professional add to the game? I'm guessing some more monsters and maybe an extra area or something?

I heard that it added in an extra (post-game?) storyline where the casts of the first two Joker games come back, too.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BisterdDave posted:

Unironically want this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ofecks posted:

when will the dragon quest land speedruns begin

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Blockhouse posted:

when will the dragon quest land speedruns begin

Just don't overheat as that forfeits your run.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Sadly, I do not see the DQ3 remake having the content from the non-NES versions. I hope to be wrong about that.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Really? Why do you think that, like yeah they’ve been using the stripped down fliptop phone port of 3 for a while that doesn’t have some of that stuff, but if they’re going through the effort of remaking 3 again but with the highest quality sprite work they’ve ever had (which is really saying something, holy wow are the enemy sprites in 4-6 pretty as hell) then they’ll probably at least have T n T on top of the other remake stuff from at least the SFC version.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I think the SNES one is the most popular version nowadays?

The original NES version is missing so many features compared to the later ones that I'd be shocked if the feature list was stripped back down to the NES one. Besides the big obvious ones like thief, personality, minimedals etc. there's also just the pot/drawer searching that wasn't present in the original nearly to the extent of the remakes.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I expect it to at least have mini-medals and the Zenethia post-game dungeon at least since they're in every version of 3 post-NES. I'm hoping pachisi will be back but the mobile version cut that. I'd be surprised if the second post-game dungeon exclusive to the GBC version will be in though.

It'd be nice if there were more exclusive content added since 3-HD seems to have a bigger budget and are redoing all sprites, tiles and backgrounds anyway.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if they will bring back the bikini sprites. a new class could be cool, but probably unlikely.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Last Celebration posted:

Really? Why do you think that, like yeah they’ve been using the stripped down fliptop phone port of 3 for a while that doesn’t have some of that stuff, but if they’re going through the effort of remaking 3 again but with the highest quality sprite work they’ve ever had (which is really saying something, holy wow are the enemy sprites in 4-6 pretty as hell) then they’ll probably at least have T n T on top of the other remake stuff from at least the SFC version.

because slam firing opinions is a time honored forum tradition

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Finally get a real puff puff

BisterdDave posted:

I'd love 8-bit versions. Give me a full orchestra or chiptunes, synthesised music just sounds like poo poo with it's triumphant parping trumpets :yarg:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I don't like the personality system that the SNES version introduced ('quick', 'witty', 'klutz' etc), but I could live with it again if this remake were a definitive edition of the game with all of the content from the previous editions. I really want a version of the game that supplants all of the others so that we don't have to compare the pros and cons of each iteration, such as the pachisi version, of the ugly GBC version that has the most content etc.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

That loving Sned posted:

I'd love 8-bit versions. Give me a full orchestra or chiptunes, synthesised music just sounds like poo poo with it's triumphant parping trumpets :yarg:

I'm not sure how well it would fit the classical-type compositions, but I'd be curious to hear it in FM synthesis (Sega Genesis/arcade boards/Yamaha OPx chips).

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 8, 2021

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wish for them to redo the gameplay systems a second time.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'd be surprised if the second post-game dungeon exclusive to the GBC version will be in though.
I dunno, it sure is a way to add dozens of hours of content, technically...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That loving Sned posted:

Finally get a real puff puff

If this mysterious description just meant 30% more boob jokes, I'd be 130% into it