Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

In fact, frown, sneer, and grunt at her. :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
No tell her she was ineffective of finding bugs and say you did better. This way you make her reflect on how to improve while setting yourself up as the bar to pass, making you look better. :goonsay:

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Ms Nishiyama doesn't find bugs, she's a team manager of some sort.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Exactly. And when she brings this up, NEET can then explain that a good team leader or management position should be working in the trenches with her team. Leading by example.

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013
I think earlier when they were getting close to game release it showed her as finding a few bugs on the leaderboard, so she does help out with that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cobra Lionfist posted:

I think earlier when they were getting close to game release it showed her as finding a few bugs on the leaderboard, so she does help out with that.

I think that was an all hands on deck situation and normally she is just management though

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Managers and leads do perform basic bug testing as well. Certainly not the BULK of it, but a good manager will need to know the game well enough to adequately answer questions any testers / higher-ups may have. The best way to learn the ins-and-outs of a game from a testing perspective is to, well, test it! This also doubles as a way for them to get an idea of where further testing will be needed. Most managers and leads used to be regular testers, and thus have a lot of experience testing various systems. As such they're often skilled at quickly figuring out where problem areas are likely to be after some hands-on testing, which they can then use to direct the rest of the team. More cynically, some leads don't really trust their teams to handle the most critical testing, and thus do it themselves to ensure it gets done "properly." And, of course, when it's heavy crunch time leads and managers will help with regular tasks just to try and hurry up and hit the deadlines.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Thank you for the high quality translation.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I can't believe NEET is about to bang in an elevator

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
NEET leaves the elevator looking like he got caught in the rain from anxiety sweat

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

NEET suddenly manifesting his tear tattoo from his actions in the other timeline

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

*blush

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bug tester Neet wanted me to point out that his teardrop tattoo is not because he murdered anyone.

He accidentally made his parents commit suicide after failing in an alternate timeline and got the tattoo to throw the investigation into chaos.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oof, "if I'm too nice to this woman she'll think I'm hitting on her and be creeped out, because no woman would actually want me to hit on her, so I'll be as distant as I can. Better to be thought a jerk than a sexpest," this is hitting too close to home.

:therapy:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

Oof, "if I'm too nice to this woman she'll think I'm hitting on her and be creeped out, because no woman would actually want me to hit on her, so I'll be as distant as I can. Better to be thought a jerk than a sexpest," this is hitting too close to home.

:therapy:

please stop doxxing me

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

So what was the original for "momma"? ママ instead of おかあさん?

When I see idioms in the translation I'm always curious about the origin and I try to remember back to high school japanese class...

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Pham Nuwen posted:

So what was the original for "momma"? ママ instead of おかあさん?

When I see idioms in the translation I'm always curious about the origin and I try to remember back to high school japanese class...

Yoriko uses ママ (mama) in the original. In my first draft I simply left it as "mama". Now, this is completely subjective (and it all may depend on what part of the country/globe you live in), but "mama" sounds very infantile to my ear, while "momma" sounds more like something a teenage girl might use to affectionately refer to her mother.

Earlier in the comic Enami refers to his own mother as カーチャン (kaa-chan). In that instance I decided to translate it simply as "mom".

edit: Grammar error. Thanks, simplefish. ;)

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 14, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh god

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
NO! what the gently caress

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Vic posted:

NO! what the gently caress

I know! I can’t believe that typo either, such shoddy work

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Have you all learned nothing from reading this thread? He's going to suggest they go to the kitchen and make a snack.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Moon Slayer posted:

Have you all learned nothing from reading this thread? He's going to suggest they go to the kitchen and make a snack.

remember this is the timeline where his parents bloodily killed themselves and we saw 4 separate tohru suicides. i think it's fair to not discount anything at this point

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope this entire aside goes through his entire life up to the point of the tv interview, at which point the interview ends without any mention of Tohru at all.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol that took a turn

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope this entire aside goes through his entire life up to the point of the tv interview, at which point the interview ends without any mention of Tohru at all.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I stand corrected.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Aardvark! posted:

remember this is the timeline where his parents bloodily killed themselves and we saw 4 separate tohru suicides. i think it's fair to not discount anything at this point

You are very wise.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I love this comic so much.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It would be funny if Minako :neet: enami in this timeline, but I think that's the thing that won't happen

eta

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 12, 2021

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Such impact

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Easy top 5 panel so far :munch:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

:discourse:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Yoriko uses ママ (mama) in the original. In my first draft I simply left it as "mama". Now, this is completely subjective (and it all may depend on what part of the country/globe you live in), but "mama" sounds very infantile to my ear, while "momma" sounds more like something a teenage girl might use to affectionately refer to her mother.

Earlier in the comic Enami refers to his own mother as カーチャン (kaa-chan). In that instance I decided to translate it simply as "mom".

*past

Love the translator notes stuff by the way!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

The double "such things" is stopping my brain parsing this.

That could well be a my brain issue.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 42

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 42

I don’t know how our poor neet could live to his late 20s without ever hearing about the weather before