Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The horse can double jump so its better than 90% of all horses in games and 100% of real horses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

does it have horse armor dlc

itry
Aug 23, 2019

pre-order now for golden horse armor type of thing

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

site posted:

delta force came out in 1998

One of earliest of the 'comeback' phase is what I mean. It wasn't common for quite a while.

itry posted:

With enough processing power you could have a voxel game look like Bioshock or w/e.

Also, Noita is a (2d) voxel game basically. It looks fine for what it's going for.

Those are pixels. I love pixels.

Don't ask me why but it's just the 3d version I don't like the look of. I'd prefer a normal 3d look even if it's low detail over that. And I'm allowed to have opinions on which games look good and which don't

Judging by the responses I finally found my unpopular opinion. Feels like coming home

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Space Kablooey posted:

RTS is dead, jim

the rts will never die because people who love brood war really love brood war

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Unpopular Videogame Opinions: I'm allowed to have opinions

itry
Aug 23, 2019

:nice: https://david.li/fluid/

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Woah that is not what I thought would happen at all

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You can also move your cursor through the box to swirl it around.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I got Cloudpunk because I thought it looked pretty and that my decent 2016 laptop could run it well, turns out those goddamn voxels just jam up my system entirely, and it runs like garbage even on lowest settings

But the thing is that I feel the graphics on the game could have been done in, like, the fuckin Build engine and been more or less similar. It seems like an unnecessary move to make wrt pretty graphics.

Also Jesus christ in heaven I hate the name Cloudpunk. I now have a game called Cloudpunk and a game called Frostpunk in my games library.

I have no games about the UK music scene in the 80s or some RPG about the blossoming punk scene in Washington in 1980 where you play as a person trying to be a bassist in Fugazi or whatever. That would fukkin own bones entirely if there were some game like that. Maybe this thread knows of some but I imagine getting the licenses to Real Punk Bands (or even their names alone) wouldn't be available to most indie studio's budgets.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That's a shame since Cloudpunk is pretty cool. It was the perfect chill experience for anyone irritated that Cyberpunk had been pushed back yet again.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Lodin posted:

That's a shame since Cloudpunk is pretty cool. It was the perfect chill experience for anyone irritated that Cyberpunk had been pushed back yet again.

I believe it, I didn't mean it's a bad game, just that I hate the name, but I can't even run it and that fault is mine and mine alone and weighs heavy on me every dark day of my life

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

sad question posted:

delta force owned

The multiplayer was a blast and I lost too many hours aying that poo poo. The main thing I remember was there is no bullet drop so a LMG was just as accurate at long ranges as a sniper rifle. Just look for a tracer and loving unload.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Could someone please take what's left of Konami behind the shed and put the company out of its misery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Cb5R8z1YI

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

veni veni veni posted:

This is something mouse users love to tell themselves after being outclassed by better players using a controller. It definitely feels bad, having a way easier and more accurate method of aiming via a mouse and still losing. I say this as someone who uses both a mouse and controller regularly in FPS.

Just embrace the fact that you aren't very good at FPS and have fun anyways because it's a toy. You have a much bigger advantage using a mouse than someone using a controller with aim assist and you still got rekt. Deal with it.

Every controller player uses this excuse.

Yes, camping and letting the game aim for you is "outclassing" other players.

Altared State fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 12, 2021

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lmao pc gamers are the king of camping, they invented it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Console FPSes are different kinds of games than PC ones, Halo initially leaned into it.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Mouse input for camera controls (when set up correctly) is unfiltered, no acceleration curves, no snapping or lock-on. Input values from the mouse are used verbatim (though perhaps multiplied once or twice). Using a stick there's a bunch of layers that inputs travel through and all that filtering takes a toll on precision. For a lot of games it doesn't matter that much but for anything twitchy it can outright break the game; you can't reliably rocket jump in Quake with a gamepad.

If I'm directly controlling a camera I prefer a mouse, otherwise it feels like I'm constantly fighting a bunch of algorithms to get the camera to point where I want it to. But lapboards are a pain in the rear end so I can see why consoles settled on dual sticks.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
I'm down for more cross-play FPS games. If console gamers wanna hang then I'm fine playing point and click adventures with their heads while they slowly rotate in circles.

Just don't be letting the game do the aiming for you; aim-assist is just another word for aimbot and people should feel bad for using it in multiplayer games.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

relaxing on the couch with my gamepad being super rad while you pc gamers hunch over a desk like you're clicking cells on an excel spreadsheet

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

relaxing on the couch with my gamepad being super rad while you pc gamers hunch over a desk like you're clicking cells on an excel spreadsheet
I play on a couch with this monstrosity

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

satanic splash-back posted:

It's hard to get excited about something that comes out next year and is intended for the mythical next generation consoles, as if anyone can even find the drat things.

It comes out in six months and you can play it on your ps4/xbone

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Altared State posted:

Every controller player uses this excuse.

Yes, camping and letting the game aim for you is "outclassing" other players.

It's legit hilarious that for years PC gamers wished they could use their superior controls against console players and destroy them, like pointing and clicking on something somehow made them "more skilled" or whatever. Then fantasy became reality with crossplay and it turned out many of them weren't actually very good and regularly get clowned on by console players. Then the narrative shifts to complaining about aim assist as some unfair advantage, or "console players be like this". All while just flat out making poo poo up about how much heavy lifting aim assist is doing, because they don't actually understand how it works and it makes a convenient boogeyman when someone is playing badly. if it's that much of advantage just plug a controller into your PC? Turn off crossplay? I dunno.

Also aim assist is basically the only reason FPS is even playable with a controller. They are pretty much impossible to play in any enjoyable capacity without it.

There's a bunch of 17 year olds that are way better than you, or me, or any of us. it's not because of some imaginary boogeyman. Most of us are just getting old and suck at video games compared to people with teenager reflexes that play the same game for 9 hours a day. it looks super pathetic when someone whines about losing because "they were using a mouse" lol.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 12, 2021

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I dislike dual stick for FPS games because I feel like I have less control and that makes the game less fun. The platform wars poo poo flinging is probably best ignored, as always.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Using a controller stick to move a camera makes me feel like I'm wearing a neck brace and rigidly turning my whole body to look around. It's just uncomfortable, regardless of effectiveness.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SCheeseman posted:

I dislike dual stick for FPS games because I feel like I have less control and that makes the game less fun. The platform wars poo poo flinging is probably best ignored, as always.

Platform wars are dumb. Mouse is undeniably the most accurate and probably the most fun way (imo) to play to play an FPS but a controller is also a great way to play them. I just find it funny that people who are newly thrown into crossplay with consoles have no idea how A. aim assist actually works and B. how fundamentally necessary it is for FPS on a controller to actually be playable. They seem to think it's magically snapping to headshots for the player when in reality it's mostly just dragging towards the general direction of the target , because it's really not that easy to just land right on point with an analog stick. And it can also just as easily be a hindrance that fucks you up and drags you off target. (in competitive games at least. Some SP has very generous aim assist t the point where you bascially snap to aim but who cares)

It's just very funny that all of sudden a bunch of people get owned and it's like "welp, stupid aim assist. I wasn't actually bested. it's them, not me". If someone actually thinks it's that unfair, they can just use a controller themselves, or turn off crossplay, but they don't, because they themselves are playing against controllers because they think they have an advantage by using a mouse. Then when it doesn't work out its a bunch of excuses and complaints about what they imagine aim assist to be, which is pretty funny.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
2021 and the console v pc wars are still going on wtf

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Platform wars are dumb. Mouse is undeniably the most accurate and probably the most fun way (imo) to play to play an FPS but a controller is also a great way to play them. I just find it funny that people who are newly thrown into crossplay with consoles have no idea how A. aim assist actually works and B. how fundamentally necessary it is for FPS on a controller to actually be playable. They seem to think it's magically snapping to headshots for the player when in reality it's mostly just dragging towards the general direction of the target , because it's really not that easy to just land right on point with an analog stick. And it can also just as easily be a hindrance that fucks you up and drags you off target. (in competitive games at least. Some SP has very generous aim assist t the point where you bascially snap to aim but who cares)

It's just very funny that all of sudden a bunch of people get owned and it's like "welp, stupid aim assist. I wasn't actually bested. it's them, not me". If someone actually thinks it's that unfair, they can just use a controller themselves, or turn off crossplay, but they don't, because they themselves are playing against controllers because they think they have an advantage by using a mouse. Then when it doesn't work out its a bunch of excuses and complaints about what they imagine aim assist to be, which is pretty funny.

TBF some games like Halo has extremely aggressive aim assist.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

no aim assist for me, i am a pure gamer of incredible and unmatched skill and find it insulting, because of all the pride i have in my clicking ability

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
It is hard to click with speed and accuracy. Are you two a moron or something?

Vic fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 12, 2021

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Caesar Saladin posted:

no aim assist for me, i am a pure gamer of incredible and unmatched skill and find it insulting, because of all the pride i have in my clicking ability
it's not an ego thing, it's just less fun.
edit:ok it's also kind of an ego thing.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

veni veni veni posted:

It's legit hilarious that for years PC gamers wished they could use their superior controls against console players and destroy them, like pointing and clicking on something somehow made them "more skilled" or whatever. Then fantasy became reality with crossplay and it turned out many of them weren't actually very good and regularly get clowned on by console players. Then the narrative shifts to complaining about aim assist as some unfair advantage, or "console players be like this". All while just flat out making poo poo up about how much heavy lifting aim assist is doing, because they don't actually understand how it works and it makes a convenient boogeyman when someone is playing badly. if it's that much of advantage just plug a controller into your PC? Turn off crossplay? I dunno.

Also aim assist is basically the only reason FPS is even playable with a controller. They are pretty much impossible to play in any enjoyable capacity without it.

There's a bunch of 17 year olds that are way better than you, or me, or any of us. it's not because of some imaginary boogeyman. Most of us are just getting old and suck at video games compared to people with teenager reflexes that play the same game for 9 hours a day. it looks super pathetic when someone whines about losing because "they were using a mouse" lol.

😂
I'm well aware of how aim assist works and it will lock on and allow you to find difficult to see enemies. It doesn't really prove someone is a better player. There's a reason why players have praised it for helping them win.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Honestly the real issue with popular console shooters is people buying 200 dollar cheating hardware.

The other problem is absolute degenerates mad that games now use ranked match making as their primary (and often secondary) game modes because they just want to "win without trying" ignoring the fact the other half of this equation is not interested in this experience.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Vic posted:

It is hard to click with speed and accuracy. Are you two a moron or something?

its actually very easy

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
You fool!

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Caesar Saladin posted:

its actually very easy
Imagine a windows desktop where the icons moved in spastic patterns and shot projectiles at you, clicking them becomes significantly harder.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lurker2006 posted:

Imagine a windows desktop where the icons moved in spastic patterns and shot projectiles at you, clicking them becomes significantly harder.

i'd just click on them all easily and faster than they could shoot me with projectiles

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Altared State posted:

😂
I'm well aware of how aim assist works and it will lock on and allow you to find difficult to see enemies. It doesn't really prove someone is a better player. There's a reason why players have praised it for helping them win.

It seems like as a mouse player who seeks out playing against controllers and then got mad about the results, you've already dabbled in things that you thought would help you win and alas you lost :rip:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I remember back when I was a hot poo poo 14 year old, and was actually good at FPS games, I always struggled to reach the top spot in quake 3. Most others I played, it was a given I'd come top of any server, but Q3 I was only mediocre at.

One of my friends got it on the dreamcast, but he also had the mouse and keyboard, which very few did. I asked if I could try it, thinking I'd school them hard, and he was like "sure, but you won't last long".

The difference between my score and the next highest was more than all the other players combined, for 2 maps. It really was just like playing MS windows. Tbh it felt a lot like a bot match. (It definitely wasn't though). Indeed, after 2 rounds I was beyond done, basically zero entertainment value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The only argument that I am going to make regarding PC controllers and the like is people who play Rocket League with keyboard and mouse are actual sex pests