Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Frankston posted:

Could be, Smith said he sees Buendia as either wide or a number 10 so we've got a lot of options at least. Personally I'd like to see McGinn just behind those three because I think he's wasted when he plays deeper and I think Traore is too inconsistent to rely on every game.

i think traore will do well next season but we will see! lots of flawed interchangeable options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

It does for the bad clubs without much money tbf.

No it was literally suspended because of covid. On top of that, UEFA vs Man City pretty much killed it.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Xabi posted:

Goodbye, Gini 😢

yep, he's getting an absolute pile of cash though. according to this he's on the equivalent of £310,000/week https://www.sundayworld.com/sport/s...d-40522065.html

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm sad to see Gini go but I'm happy for him to get paid big money by a different club.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

greazeball posted:

yep, he's getting an absolute pile of cash though. according to this he's on the equivalent of £310,000/week https://www.sundayworld.com/sport/s...d-40522065.html
The article says he's getting £165,000 a week post-tax and Liverpool would have had to pay him £310,000 a week to match it. Either way it seems like too much money.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Good on wijnaldum, get that bloated contract son.

BBC says that sanchos agreed his contract but man United are doing pro haggling techniques over the fee. Would lol forever if Chelsea or whoever get the haaland deal done first and Dortmund decide to hold on to sancho

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Ole's having his Sanchos.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Guardian says Sancho will be on £350k per week :barf:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

Which is obviously nonsense and/or absolutel theoretical max if every bonus and performance metric is met in which case, cool I guess?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1403351376533594116?s=20

https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status/1403361336059441152?s=20

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Remember back when Man Utd won stuff and had a team of young players from their academy?

And weren’t unsettling their other players and forcing the manager to pick a player cause they cost so much?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

wooger posted:

Remember back when Man Utd won stuff and had a team of young players from their academy?

And weren’t unsettling their other players and forcing the manager to pick a player cause they cost so much?

Henderson
McTominay
Rashford
Greenwood
Pogba*
Tuanzebe
Williams

Winning stuff would be good, too, admittedly.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

wooger posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Why’s this getting probed

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Vegetable posted:

Yeah if we can't make fun of mancchester united just close it down

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Eh it’s wooger he was probably asking for it even if he’s not wrong

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vegetable posted:

lol I had no idea Ninpo was a mod

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lmao that's some bald greg level probing

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Suntoucher posted:

Eh it’s wooger he was probably asking for it even if he’s not wrong

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Legitimately bad modding, that. #freewooger

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It's the kind of modding we spent half a decade making GBS threads on greg/liverpool fans for

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
amab

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

6 hours without being able to post is actually a literal war crime, someone should post the QCS thread

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It was a factually incorrect post because man u have always spent loving loads of money to fill in the cracks of their squads and had one good youth team that let them pretend they're the football factory. Posting enemies of man united shouldn't be peddling these blatant falsehoods

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Legitimately bad modding, that. #freewooger

gently caress off.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

United is poo poo imo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Sandwolf posted:

United is poo poo imo

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

United is poo poo imo

*are

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

*is

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
United poo poo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Xabi posted:

United poo poo.

Pooshited

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:agreed:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It’s this

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MODS!

Specifically one mod!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Bogan Krkic posted:

There's absolutely no way Sancho lives up to his price tag or the hype of 2 years of transfer rumours, right?

he is actually quite good so i do not want him to go to Manchester United

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

fwiw i really dont see dortmund letting both haaland and sancho go in the same window

they seem to prefer to lose the big transfer fees and keep the players if the situation calls for it. considering they got CL football with like two games left this year, letting both their star forwards go would be slightly suicidal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

fwiw i really dont see dortmund letting both haaland and sancho go in the same window

they seem to prefer to lose the big transfer fees and keep the players if the situation calls for it. considering they got CL football with like two games left this year, letting both their star forwards go would be slightly suicidal

Yeah their director said that they've had a handshake agreement with Sancho to sell him this summer, but don't have anything of the sort with Haaland. So it'll probably take City or Chelsea making them an offer they can't refuse for Haaland for a move to happen.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

If it comes down to City getting Haaland or specifically Woodward getting Sancho well we'll be bringing Zaha back I guess

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

trem_two posted:

Yeah their director said that they've had a handshake agreement with Sancho to sell him this summer, but don't have anything of the sort with Haaland. So it'll probably take City or Chelsea making them an offer they can't refuse for Haaland for a move to happen.

i honestly think it'd be a win win for several major parties if haaland stays anyway

one more year in a league where expectations will be lower for him, one more year for the big boys to see if he can actually keep this pace up, dortmund keep their forward line relatively intact, moukoko gets one more year as an understudy without dortmund buying someone that'll keep him out of the first team, etc

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

trem_two posted:

if they wait a year there's supposedly a release clause of 80-100m euros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Isn't it 60m next year?