Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The only argument that I am going to make regarding PC controllers and the like is people who play Rocket League with keyboard and mouse are actual sex pests

Also Dark Souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Put trackballs on gamepads. Apple was right all along.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
More like sex best

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the last time I said anything about using a kb+m for Dark Souls literally the next post was some dude listing his steam profile with all the dark souls games and sekiro while saying "completed them all with a kb+m mate"!

he could have just been trolling me but i believed him because it was something like 120 hours for each game lmao

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Yeah that guy was pretty cool

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Did I get that one poster right? Playing with a controller works just as well for fps games as m+k and it‘s totally okay that aim assist or whatever is used because it‘s not really helping and for this reason it‘s possible to (as the kids used to say) own other players?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The actual lol in all of this is ppl playing fps games at all lmao

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
fridge corns the type of guy who plays racing games with the car on the screen :laugh:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

smh if you don't use two dance mats to play every game.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lmao as hell if you're not playing with rumble

itry
Aug 23, 2019

When you play with dance mats you rumble all over :smug:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

fridge corns the type of guy who plays racing games with the car on the screen :laugh:

Actually no, not since decent wheels were a thing. I cant imagine playing a racing game unless it's with a proper wheel and in cockpit mode. I'm technically a "Car Guy" so anything else would be sacrilege

itry
Aug 23, 2019

What's being a car guy like? I've always wondered.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

itry posted:

It mostly involves hanging around insufferable wankstains and listen to them prattle on endlessly about cars. Every so often you get to drive a car around a racetrack for a bit

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

itry posted:

It just means you own a ford fiesta

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

itry posted:

When you play with dance mats you rumble all over :smug:

True experts rock a dance pad and guitar hero guitar.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If your car game doesn't measure in metric its poo poo. I mean it'll still be poo poo since its a racing game, but more so.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Barudak posted:

If your car game doesn't measure in metric its poo poo. I mean it'll still be poo poo since its a racing game, but more so.

This, but mach, and unironically.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It just means you own a ford fiesta

I thought it was a Miata

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FZero GX says Im going 1,000 kilometers per hour or approximately 270 meters per second and yet based on the size of objects in the background I still feel like Im going 100 kph. I know its hard to program city scape but my god it just feels deflating

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
cars and cityscape were just really really big

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Neco posted:

cars and cityscape were just really really big

They might be, its possible a single building in the background is 50+ kilometers long, it just sucks because it makes the cars feel slow.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Counterpoint: playing American Truck Simulator with metrics makes figuring out speed limits a massive pain in the rear end.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

How else are you going to educate americans about the metric system?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

itry posted:

How else are you going to educate americans about the metric system?

https://www.instructables.com/One-meter-of-beer/

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

do americans really not understand the metric system? Its very straightforward, I feel like you should just pick it up through context.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

everyone does, it's just a thing europeans say

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I use a controller in every single game that accommodates it and often “top the charts” as the youths say in whatever lovely FPS is en vogue.

If it be aim assist or if it be skill, let all know that I am just having fun playing video games with a controller.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

jokes posted:

I use a controller in every single game that accommodates it and often “top the charts” as the youths say in whatever lovely FPS is en vogue.

If it be aim assist or if it be skill, let all know that I am just having fun playing video games with a controller.

drat dude I bet ur really good at cod and fortnite

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

jokes posted:

Oh is that some kind of dark souls on donkey kong drums situation? Way to go buddy! :)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if you want an FPS game that you absolutely cannot play with a controller: in my apparently unpopular opinion, quake champions is pretty fuckin good

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

veni veni veni posted:

It seems like as a mouse player who seeks out playing against controllers and then got mad about the results, you've already dabbled in things that you thought would help you win and alas you lost :rip:

Nope, but please keep assuming you're right. 😂

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

if you want an FPS game that you absolutely cannot play with a controller: in my apparently unpopular opinion, quake champions is pretty fuckin good

Congratulations on qualifying for automatic Russian Citizenship

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Altared State posted:

Nope, but please keep assuming you're right. 😂

Why the heck do you keep using iphone emojis? Your smiley game is as bad as your aim.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here's someone going out of their way to get the absolute worst ending to ME2 and it's hilarious and impressive. I had no idea it was even possible to get Shep killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVC92PYBFSs

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That can’t be imported into ME3 right?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

jokes posted:

That can’t be imported into ME3 right?

nope. You need at least two survivors in order to transfer forward. I remember when I did a fail shep run I was able to rig it such that it was 2 disloyal people who would consequently die in me3, but I forget exactly what I did to pull that off.

Forneus Rex
Jun 9, 2021

Nothing nice.
These weirdly empty and soulless japanese free roam games are weird. No More Heroes indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

No More Heroes is a funny game. Getting lovely casual jobs to make money is funny, even if its pretty annoying.