Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I like Fulton because he's Scottish, I'm easily pleased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Best thing about Fulton and Pickering is how horny they both are for Inamura.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

Best thing about Fulton and Pickering is how horny they both are for Inamura.

this. they squeal like greased pigs when Inamura carries a tire

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
One of the new recruits tapped to Maki Itoh recently and Stuart sold it like it was some kind of massive upset. He's a competent commentator, but he tries to force the excitement way too much. Also:

coconono posted:

Fulton uses phrases like "serious as cancer" and other things I'm programmed to consider obnoxious and insulting.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Everyone that dislikes the commentary of Stuart Fulton clearly hates Scotland and therefore should not be trusted

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you lot piss in the streets and blame it on english tourists.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's only a problem because Fulton/Pickering/Brookes is the weaker commentary team compared to Brookes/Akki.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

karmicknight posted:

It's only a problem because Fulton/Pickering/Brookes is the weaker commentary team compared to Brookes/Akki.

Any team with Akki is better than any team without Akki.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

That's cool, wonder who they get.

Oh and they revealed the X's for the Oedo Tai vs Stars match. The X for Oedo Tai is Saki Kashima which is disappointing but I can see why they did that as the show was originally scheduled for the end of May and they probably wasn't sure if she would be healthy by then so they probably had a backup plan if she couldn't go.

The X for Stars is Rin Kadokura who is going back to back days at Ota Ward strangely enough. Also continues the trend of Stardom working with Marvelous talent.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Debating on whether to get this or wait until it's uploaded to stardom-world with subtitles. Would be cool if the english commentary has someone who can do a bit of translation on the fly.

Meltzer on WOL did a little preview for the show which was mostly him gushing over Natsupoi and saying Stardom has the best women's wrestling in the world, and something to the effect of "and if you say NXT... just no."

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
WON: ''The 6/12 Stardom show from the Ota Ward Gym in Tokyo will be its first live English language PPV show which airs at 3 a.m. Stewart Fulton, who did play-by play for NOAH and the recent CyberFight show will be the lead announcer along with Sonny Gutierrez.''

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am profoundly bored by this "Oedo Tai constantly owns Mayu and Stars" storyline, and would like to know where they're going with it. Do they actually let Kyona be the hero who saves the day for once at the end or what

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

I am profoundly bored by this "Oedo Tai constantly owns Mayu and Stars" storyline, and would like to know where they're going with it. Do they actually let Kyona be the hero who saves the day for once at the end or what

That seems the logical and obvious conclusion to the story but let's see if they do it.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

That seems the logical and obvious conclusion to the story but let's see if they do it.

On the eve of following through with it, Rossy will remember who the principles are and throw it in the trash

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Neodoomium posted:

You must be new here.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Neodoomium posted:

Given how that person has been booked throughout her career, do you really think that will happen?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TV Zombie posted:

Given how that person has been booked throughout her career, do you really think that will happen?

absolutely not

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
My thoughts on TOKYO DREAM CINDERELLA , on paper show looked like weakest of all CINDERELLA in 2021, however it really delivered and was hell of a fun.

▴3 way of DDM, QQ and COSMIC ANGELS was loads of fun. Great balance of comedy in wrestling, character work and playing history that two one night teammates had.

▴Stars vs Oedo Tai, was really good. Didn't expected that outcome, but really interested where they will go with this. Though Mayu promised to get back Kid back to Stars soon, it still will take some time. I'm interested how they will use Kid in Oedo Tai (same as Fukigen Death or eventually Kid will embrace darkness and goes full hell mode).

▴Saya Kamitani vs Maika was great. Loved forearm exchange and finish. Also with Saya winning Cinderella tournament, QQ members have won all of the major tournaments within the last 12 months.

▴Utami Hayashishita vs Syuri. I didn't liked way, how this match was set and didn't expected much (definitely didn't expected it to be better than Momo or Bea matches). Well I was wrong, match was amazing. Utami coming in, had to prove that she can close the shows (since on multiple occasions company pushed her lower to co main spot), and she definitely did. Liked how match ended in draw, but champ requested to continue match and after both competitors gave everything, match still ended in a draw. Only thing that scared the poo poo of my was that german suplex that Syuri took outside the ring, it looks like she hitted back of the head to side of the ring, looked really rough, hope she's ok.

FatBagzJones fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 16, 2021

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

kickascii posted:

Debating on whether to get this or wait until it's uploaded to stardom-world with subtitles. Would be cool if the english commentary has someone who can do a bit of translation on the fly.

Regarding english commentary team, they are really good. Told all you need to know and did after match promo translation. Hope they will stick for Cinderella shows from this point on.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hey brother we try to use spoiler tags for at least a couple days

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Neodoomium posted:

Hey brother we try to use spoiler tags for at least a couple days

My apologies for that. Now I putted spoilers on my post. I'm still new here, sorry for inconvenience.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Welcome to the only forum on the internet that cares more about Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling than WWE

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Welcome to the only forum on the internet that cares more about Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling than WWE

Yeah this place is great!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TJPW is really fun tho
WWE is only fun if you like to complain.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Please do not misunderstand me

TJPW is infinitely better than WWE in every way, including camera work and production value

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

TJPW is infinitely better than WWE in every way, including camera work

I am not trying to take away from TJPW when I say this, but most kids using their phones to film their friends wrestling on trampolines have better camera work than the WWE.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Cinderella 2021 thoughts and review!

Saya took the pro wrestling trope of "standing tall" to another dimension. She was regal and radiant in that gown as she closed out the show. The Red Belt champ still didn't get to close the PPV after her defense.

Maika nursed an injury and made it the story of both her matches. She didn't win the tournament but her great selling definitively put a big asterisk next to Saya's win. The ending sequence where Saya countered a lariat with a spanish fly, hit her one finisher I cant think of the name of right now and then a highlight reel phoenix splash was a great close.

I was a bit leery of the shuffle tag as Giulia's description of it was goofy and spaztic, but it really delivered. I view the factions in Stardom like the Houses in Game of Thrones or the different wings of the academy at Hogworts, it's quite rare and special when you get a crossover event. The high speed rivals were a great pair. Momo getting coaxed into doing Mina's pose but getting interrupted was a fun spot, as well as Mina botching the stepladder triple team they set up for her and then getting angrily 5 on 1'd as punishment. One surprise in this match was how much reverence and respect Poi paid to Guilia, she seems like the faction leader least in charge of her roster to me. AZM and Momo merrily swinging at each other was great and totally in character.

The ending of the all out war of Stars vs. Oedo Tai seemingly shocked everyone. I love Natsuko and seeing all her hard work pay off was so fulfilling. The English commentators just called Natsuko “evil” and left it at that, but her backstory and motivations to me are some of the most interesting and compelling in pro wrestling.

Mayu’s weak apology was legitimately difficult to watch. Mayu’s biggest defeats have not come by losing matches or belts, but by losing land and citizens of Stars. How could she let this happen??? And without SLK how can she possibly hold Stars together??

The idea of SLK in Oedo Tai is overflowing with possibilities. I don’t see SLK rebelling, I think her code and ethics will see her genuinely try to be a contributing member of OT. Will we be treated to a Darkstar Kid reveal?? And once she is out of Mayu’s gravity, I think her personal dreams and ambitions could be helped a lot by OT. Having to feed and care for Mayu took up plenty of SLK’s time. Can Mayu even find her way to the venue without SLK?

The main event title defense was good, it was worthy of the red belt, imo. I am one of those fans that thinks Syuri is the “true” red belt champion of Stardom and Haya has been very fortunately to be holding it. But I was not upset at all with the finish. The promos after the time limit were fiery and I was not at all expecting a restart, and when they rang the bell again I must admit I was pretty hyped.

An underrated aspect of Syuri is the way she changes her voice and tone during matches. I am a fairly new fan, and when I was watching one of Syuri’s matches for the first time I would have sworn one of her signature moves was a “berserk.” A good, proper, fairly tale or biblical berserk. Her battle shouts start a match in a particular intonation but change as the match goes on. I feel like I can really tell her state of mind by the way she shouts. She can sound bold and confidant, like a cornered or wounded animal, or she can bellow with rage.

I don’t normally like how Stardom wrestlers really seem to overdue how exhausted they are after matches. I don’t know if it’s the whole concept, or I feel like they lay it on too thick and it just comes off as bad acting, or what. But the end of this match was powerful and near perfect. Haya’s whole body was bright red and you could practically see the steam coming off of her. There was a great camera frame of her laying there glaring at Syuri that looked like a panel in a Manga to me.

Syuri’s performance was great, and hearbreaking. It made me think about how important sports psychology is to MMA fighters and boxers. Thug Rose was seen chanting “I am the greatest of all time” before her last title win and has other mantras as well. Syuri howled and screamed and came across to me as someone who was not just disappointed or upset, but someone whose mentality was so strong and had visualized so vividly that she would be holding the belt, that she was experiencing cognitive dissonance.

As a Natsuko fan I of course loved her blatant interruption. Seriously, who else gets to interrupt anyone on the mic in Stardom, much less the just-defended champion?? Momo won’t even interrupt AZM during a prematch interview.

It might not yet be Natsuko’s time though, I fear. Haya’s stock improved after this defense.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

kickascii posted:

It might not yet be Natsuko’s time though, I fear. Haya’s stock improved after this defense.

Yeah I'm just don't see Natsuko winning either. But it was big night for OT, so I get why she challenged for red belt. As far as Hayas title reign, this was her best defense for sure.

FatBagzJones fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 13, 2021

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
The 5Star GP tournament will start the first two days at Yokohama Budokan. The finals will take place at the Ota Ward Gym.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1404000589848084483?s=19y

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

The results from the Stardom ppv sound wild as gently caress. Didn't order the ppv because there is a poo poo ton of stuff happening right now and by the time I'd get to watch it, it would be up on Stardom World.

Looking at Cagematch, the Gaeaism show did 1500, so I'm glad that show did well after the repeated setbacks they had. And Stardom did 1240 so overall a pretty successful weekend in that building.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GAEAISM main event owned so much, I always forget how incredible the Sendai Girls roster is because the booking sucks so much. The whole Marvelous vs Senjo feud has been great and hopefully with Meiko moving to the UK, someone up there can actually start booking the shows in a competent fashion.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Takumi Iroha's comin' back, y'all

July 19!

https://twitter.com/crushTKB/status/1404089804246065161

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

So this Arisa Hoshiki saga is weird.

First she says to clear up any misunderstandings that her performing in the actring show isn't her coming back to wrestling, she, うどん佐藤 (Udon Sato) is just playing the role of ホシキアリサ (Arisa Hoshiki) in a play.

Then she later announces that she's gonna change her musician name from うどん佐藤 (Udon Sato) to 星希アリサ (Arisa Hoshiki) plus her band is disbanding soon.

Finally states that we'll no longer be able to watch pro wrestler 星輝ありさ (Arisa Hoshiki) but see her in actring playing the role of ホシキアリサ (Arisa Hoshiki).

So you got all that? To explain it clearly 星希アリサ (Arisa Hoshiki) is not returning as pro wrestler 星輝ありさ (Arisa Hoshiki) but is now playing the role of ホシキアリサ (Arisa Hoshiki) in a play that is definitely not pro wrestling.

https://twitter.com/MASA_PASSION/status/1403565355922980869

https://twitter.com/6y5LAk1otJin9G9/status/1403895912481452032

See not pro wrestling at all, just a play. Why would people think she's returning to wrestling? geez.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can't wait to see Act Yasukawa and Arisa Hoshiki have a wrestling match share a scene in an Action Ring GirlZ play.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

GAEAISM main event owned so much, I always forget how incredible the Sendai Girls roster is because the booking sucks so much. The whole Marvelous vs Senjo feud has been great and hopefully with Meiko moving to the UK, someone up there can actually start booking the shows in a competent fashion.

They've sent Smallman over to book and also be ring announcer

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1dtu-Dn5c

Here is Arisa Hoshiki playing the role of Arisa Hoshiki acting in a wrestling themed stage play. She is NOT wrestling.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1dtu-Dn5c

Here is Arisa Hoshiki playing the role of Arisa Hoshiki acting in a wrestling themed stage play. She is NOT wrestling.

Well...yeah. What she's doing now is predetermined. It's a completely different talent

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1404828862832254988

How IS Shoko so fast at her size?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

powerful legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

she is what we in the industry call "built different"